Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
154 user(s) are online (138 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 154

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Van Vorst Park Dog Run
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/27 11:11
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
To me that means the park closes at 10:00pm. Walk your dogs on the side walk like i do at 11:00. if that doesn't work, can i recommend a cat for a pet.

Posted on: 2009/3/13 0:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/27 11:11
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Is van vorst a city park? I thought that all city parks in jersey city closed at 10:oopm? I know that it is not enforced, but they were starting to enforce it in Hamilton park.

Posted on: 2009/3/13 0:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/12/12 21:42
From on van vorst park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

skepticalhook wrote:
Why don't all the Van Vorst Park folks that call the police focus on, oh, say the drug dealers around the corner--you really think the dog owners are the worst of your area!? I don't use the run either, but there are bigger problems in that area than dogs barking after 10pm--know what I mean?
What makes you think that one concern negates another. Residents around VVP are one of the most pro-active groups in the city. We are very concerned about all quality of life issues and that just happens to include some semblance of peace and quite between 10pm-6:30am. It's not asking for much.

Posted on: 2009/3/12 15:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/8/19 13:36
Group:
Registered Users
Why don't all the Van Vorst Park folks that call the police focus on, oh, say the drug dealers around the corner--you really think the dog owners are the worst of your area!? I don't use the run either, but there are bigger problems in that area than dogs barking after 10pm--know what I mean?

Posted on: 2009/3/12 14:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/17 12:06
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Dear JCSJS,

I invite you to join the Jersey City Dog Group. We discuss the V V P dog run often and maybe we can assist you:
http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/DOGJC/

Mary Ann
faeryx4@yahoo.com

Posted on: 2009/2/12 22:05

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/23 12:14
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks for posting the explitly worded rules, Parkman. I guess if I see someone lurking in the park who doesn't have a dog accompanying him/her, I will confront them diplomatically and suggest that they remain outside the park and ask the owners, individually, if he/she can pet their dog.

As for fat-ass bike, your message is irrelevant. The issue is not why single people have dogs, the issue is why individuals without dogs enter a dog park. Try Caroline's or Gotham Comedy Club to offer your opinions on why you are "depraved" of whatever primal needs you are.

Posted on: 2009/2/12 21:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/11/1 17:27
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

I think that, conceptually, it makes sense that if you aren't a dog owner but like dogs, the logical place to be so you can pet dogs is in a dog park. However, if you understand the bigger picture, you might understand why a dog owner in a dog park is unsettled by the presence of an individual without a dog, hanging out in a dog park, whether it is sitting on a bench, or even just walking around it petting the dogs. It's unfortunate that the 2% of the population that might have some malicious intent ruin it for the remaining 98% of the population that generally just love dogs. That said, I absolutely feel that if you are in the dog run, you must have a dog accompanying you. The part about being in a couple, well I think it is evident if you are with a significant other when you bring a dog into the dog park.

Again, in my case, there were park benches abounding throughout VVP with no occupants. This individual just decided to plop down on the bench in the dog park and watch the world go by. It wasn't a coincidence that, within three minutes, everyone with a dog left the dog park and left him sitting there, alone. Not sure how long he sat there, however.

Points well taken. Same with us dog owners, 2 percent of people who don't pick up after themselves have some people hating all dog owners. I never knew the rule, and like I said, did it like three times in my life. And I always asked the owners if it was okay and talked to them a bit. So call me ignorant for not reading a sign, and I won't do it again, but it's a different issue anyway from someone just hanging out there by themselves.

jennymayla, if you really can't see the difference between kids and dogs, I'm glad I didn't grow up in your household. What your position on toddler leash laws?

Posted on: 2009/2/12 21:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
finally some light on this very important subject - for a minute I thought we would need to have a referendum on this matter.
Thanks parky.

Posted on: 2009/2/12 21:19
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/12/12 21:42
From on van vorst park
Group:
Registered Users
On a sign in the entrance, it states:

?YOU MUST HAVE A DOG TO ENTER

ONLY ONE GATE OPEN AT A TIME

ONE OWNER AND THEIR DOG(S) IN
THE ENTRYWAY AT A TIME?

In multiple areas in the run, the main set of rules state:

WELCOME TO THE VAN VORST PARK DOG RUN

PLEASE FOLLOW THESE BASIC RULES

PLEASE EXERCISE COMMON SENSE. ONLY ENTER WITH DOGS THAT GET ALONG WITH OTHER DOGS AND PEOPLE.

TO HELP KEEP THE RUN SAFE, PLEASE NEUTER YOUR DOG. MIXING NEUTERED AND UN-NEUTERED DOGS PROVOKES AGGRESSION. UN-NEUTERED DOGS WILL BE TOLD TO LEAVE BEFORE NEUTERED DOGS.

ANY DOG INVOLVED IN MULTIPLE AGGRESSIVE INCIDENTS MAY BE BANNED FROM THE RUN.

WATCH FOR SIGNS OF AGGRESSION. DO NOT LET YOUR DOG PESTER OR MOUNT OTHER DOGS.

NO SQUEAKING TOYS. TOYS CAN CAUSE FIGHTS AND SHOULD BE TAKEN AWAY AT ANY SIGN OF TROUBLE.

YOU ARE FINANCIALLY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURY CAUSED BY YOUR DOG. IF YOUR DOG GETS INTO A FIGHT LEAVE THE RUN IMMEDIATELY, EXCHANGE CONTACT INFORMATION AND SETTLE ALL BILLS WITH THE OTHER PARTIES BEFORE RETURNING TO THE RUN.

SPIKE, PRONG, CHAIN, OR PINCH COLLARS MUST BE REMOVED.

ALL DOGS MUST BE CURRENTLY LICENSED AND IMMUNIZED.

NO DOGS WITH COMMUNICABLE DISEASES OR INFECTIONS.

NO DOGS IN HEAT.

*JERSEY CITY PARKS ARE OPEN AT 6 AM AND CLOSE AT 10PM. PLEASE RESPECT THOSE WHO LIVE AROUND THIS RUN AND HAVE SUPPORTED US IN BUILDING IT.

THE SMALL BREED RUN IS ONLY FOR DOGS THAT REACH NO MORE THAN 23 LBS. FULLY GROWN, AND IS NOT FOR USE BY LARGE BREED PUPPIES.

NO MORE THAN THREE (3) DOGS PER PERSON.

ONLY ONE (1) FAMILY IN THE ENTRANCEWAY AT A TIME.

WHEN NOT IN THE RUN, YOUR DOG MUST BE ON A LEASH NO LONGER THAN 6 FEET AT ALL TIMES.

CHILDREN 12 AND UNDER MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY AN ADULT. DISRUPTIVE CHILDREN WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE.

WATCH YOUR DOG AT ALL TIMES. DISCOURAGE BARKING AND DIGGING. IF YOUR DOG DIGS A HOLE, FILL IT IN.

*NO DOGS WITHOUT PEOPLE. NO PEOPLE WITHOUT DOGS.

CLEAN UP AFTER YOUR DOG. USE BAGS, TIE THEM SHUT, AND DISPOSE OF THEM IN THE RECEPTACLES.

NO GLASS CONTAINERS OR FOOD.

THE DOG RUN IS COMMUNITY MONITORED. PLEASE RESPECT THE COMMUNITY IF THEY POINT OUT A RULE OR ASK YOU TO REMOVE YOUR DOG. THERE'S NO SHAME IN LEAVING THE RUN; ALL DOGS HAVE BAD DAYS.

Posted on: 2009/2/12 21:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCSJS wrote:
I don't think individuals without dogs should be allowed in the dog run, period.

That's funny, maybe the city should build some bleachers for watches or maybe these people are lonely and this is the only way they feel like part of the community.
What about going over to these 'single' people and say hi ?

Posted on: 2009/2/12 20:23
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I think that, conceptually, it makes sense that if you aren't a dog owner but like dogs, the logical place to be so you can pet dogs is in a dog park. However, if you understand the bigger picture, you might understand why a dog owner in a dog park is unsettled by the presence of an individual without a dog, hanging out in a dog park, whether it is sitting on a bench, or even just walking around it petting the dogs. It's unfortunate that the 2% of the population that might have some malicious intent ruin it for the remaining 98% of the population that generally just love dogs. That said, I absolutely feel that if you are in the dog run, you must have a dog accompanying you. The part about being in a couple, well I think it is evident if you are with a significant other when you bring a dog into the dog park.

Again, in my case, there were park benches abounding throughout VVP with no occupants. This individual just decided to plop down on the bench in the dog park and watch the world go by. It wasn't a coincidence that, within three minutes, everyone with a dog left the dog park and left him sitting there, alone. Not sure how long he sat there, however.

Posted on: 2009/2/12 20:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/11/1 17:27
Group:
Registered Users
A couple of times in my life, and once in VVP about a ear ago, I stopped in a dog park without a dog. I'm a dog lover (no unsavory jokes please), petted a few dogs (man, am I leaving myself open) and talked to a few owners. I don't think there's anything too wrong with that. I was only in for a total of ten minutes and don't think I annoyed anyone. If someone is just sitting there I think it could be a little creepy. The only excuse I could think of if it's a nice day and all the benches are taken elsewhere.

Posted on: 2009/2/12 19:48

Van Vorst Park Dog Run
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I often bring my dog into the Van Vorst Park dog run. I have noticed, recently, on multiple occasions, that there are individuals who hang out within the dog park who do NOT have dogs. Has anyone else noticed this, and if so, what is the proper protocol when you see it? I have a purebred dog, and I know that dog napping is a common thing, now. I don't think individuals without dogs should be allowed in the dog run, period.

What do others think?

Posted on: 2009/2/12 18:10

« 1 2 (3)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017