Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
109 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 109

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Guilty verdict in baseball bat beating of Chinese food deliveryman in Jersey City
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/2/28 8:43
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
I am glad this 12 year old witness wasn't afraid to "snitch" and, as Spike Lee said, Do The Right Thing.

' The Mayor ' said " Do The Right Thing ".

i feel bad for this kid if the family sticks in that neighborhood. the papers dry snitch on witnesses to no end. they should bend the truth about the details of the cooperating witness.

Posted on: 2009/2/10 8:00

Re: Guilty verdict in baseball bat beating of Chinese food deliveryman in Jersey City
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/26 19:42
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
I wonder why the Jersey Journal always reports the maximum sentence they can receive when most criminals dont get the max in this county. They should say the minimum sentence too, so people get a better idiea of what the sentence might be. I believe to get parole he would have to finish 85% of his sentence (could be wrong) so if he did get the max he would be out in 17 years (really 16 because he has been in jail a year). If you ever seen the charges and sentences of criminals on the njdoc website for similar crimes they usually get 5 to 10 year sentences. So unless they make an example of him wouldnt suprise me if he was out on parole in the next 3 to 8 1/2 years. Hopefully the fact that there was a witness will help make the sentence longer.

Posted on: 2009/2/10 6:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
How many times must I say it ?

CRIME IS DOWN & THE STREETS ARE SAFE

Resized Image anything else you would like me to add Healy ?

Posted on: 2009/2/10 5:38
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/26 3:33
Group:
Banned
Quote:

GrovePath wrote:

A Jersey City man who fractured the skull of a Chinese restaurant deliveryman during a vicious baseball bat beating and robbery near McGinley Square faces up to 20 years in prison following his conviction last week, officials said.

"I think the verdict was consistent with the evidence and we are very pleased that he will be removed from society for the better part of 20 years," Doherty said today.

grovepath thanks for the update.

Does any of you lawyer types know what exactly this mean? how many years out of the 20 will this "teenager" actually spend behind bars. And when will we know?

Posted on: 2009/2/10 5:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
I am glad this 12 year old witness wasn't afraid to "snitch" and, as Spike Lee said, Do The Right Thing.

Posted on: 2009/2/10 2:02

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/2/11 4:33
From Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
I'm moving out of JC! Not originally because of the crime increase, but it definitely doesn't make me question my decision to leave.

I'll be moving this weekend if I survive til then!

Posted on: 2009/2/10 1:45
-Nick

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/2/18 14:37
From JSQ
Group:
Registered Users
even with the max sentence this scumbag will probably get paroled much sooner, wish we could say good riddance for real, eventually this guy will just be back in the neighborhood, a bit older and with a few more scams in his arsenal

Posted on: 2009/2/10 1:44

Guilty verdict in baseball bat beating of Chinese food deliveryman in Jersey City
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Guilty verdict in baseball bat beating of Chinese food deliveryman in Jersey City

by Michaelangelo Conte
The Jersey Journal
Monday February 09, 2009

Tyquan Planter of Jersey City was convicted in the baseball bat beating last winter of a Chinese food deliveryman in Jersey City.

A Jersey City man who fractured the skull of a Chinese restaurant deliveryman during a vicious baseball bat beating and robbery near McGinley Square faces up to 20 years in prison following his conviction last week, officials said.

Resized Image

Tyquan Planter, 20, of Grey Street, was found guilty of armed robbery, conspiracy and weapons offenses after only two hours of jury deliberation on Tuesday, Hudson County Assistant Prosecutor Pat Doherty told The Jersey Journal today.

"I think the verdict was consistent with the evidence and we are very pleased that he will be removed from society for the better part of 20 years," Doherty said today.

Planter's co-defendant, 19-year-old Jasmine Riosa of Mercer Street, pleaded guilty Oct. 27 to conspiracy to commit the Mercer Street robbery, and she testified against him during the two-day trial, Doherty said.

She faces five to 10 years when sentenced on March 13, Doherty said.
Jersey Journal file photoZhi Nan Lin was working for the Hong Kong Restaurant on Baldwin Avenue in Jersey City last winter when he was viciously beaten with a baseball bat during an armed robbery.

Riosa said Planter asked her to order food from the Hong Kong Restaurant on Baldwin Avenue near Montgomery Street and told her he was going to rob the deliveryman, Doherty said. But the prosecutor said Riosa had no idea of the violence Planter intended to visit on 50-year-old Zhi Nan Lin, formerly of Brooklyn, Doherty said.

The key witness in the case was a 12-year-old boy who knew Planter from the neighborhood and was playing football in the street that night, Doherty said.

The boy testified he saw Planter run up the steps of a residence after the deliveryman and then heard the impact of the bat against Lin's head, saying it sounded like two bricks being banged together, Doherty said.

Finally he saw Planter running away with the food, Doherty said, adding that the boy identified Planter as the robber in court.

The victim's niece, Sindy Lin, said at the restaurant today that the victim has not been able to work since the attack and the suture from surgery hasn't healed completely yet.

"It still bleeds a little when he takes a shower," she said, adding that her uncle moved in with family after being released form the Jersey City Medical Center two weeks after the attack.

Planter is still on probation for a prior drug dealing conviction, Doherty said.

Posted on: 2009/2/9 23:32

Re: Beacon Area / McGinley Square: Thug used bat, Chinese delivery man remains in intensive care
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/11/19 15:19
Group:
Banned
Quote:

mr_bunny wrote:
For him: aggravated assault, robbery and weapons offenses
For Her: conspiracy to commit robbery

Don't these charges seem a bit weak?
I thought that the use of a baseball bat to the head would be considered attempted murder with the use of a deadly weapon. (Or is aggravated assault legally the same thing?) Add to the fact that the robbery and attack was pre-orchestrated... I am particularly bothered by the lack of charges for Jasmine Rios.

Thats the problem, Mr Bunny, lame ass laws that favor the scumbag and piss all over the victim!

Who's to say one or 2 more swings of that bat across the victims head and therefore killing him?, I have to assume that He came within inches of dying, this poor deliveryman could have been one of us or a family member.

Sorry to say that things are only going to get worse, economy sucks which = more crime, death penalty in NJ has been repealed, therefore inviting every lowlife to commit brutal crimes, and legistlatures that don't have the balls to write stiff laws for lowlifes like this punk and his Bimbo !

ASK YRSELF WHATS NEXT ?

CK

Posted on: 2008/2/26 21:28

Re: Beacon Area / McGinley Square: Thug used bat, Chinese delivery man remains in intensive care
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/10 14:50
From hamilton park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

mr_bunny wrote:

I thought that the use of a baseball bat to the head would be considered attempted murder with the use of a deadly weapon. (Or is aggravated assault legally the same thing?) Add to the fact that the robbery and attack was pre-orchestrated... I am particularly bothered by the lack of charges for Jasmine Rios.

weak ass D.A.

Posted on: 2008/2/26 20:45
utterly deplorable

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/6/15 3:01
Group:
Registered Users
This is really disturbing. Justice needs to be served. Maximum charges should be pressed.

Posted on: 2008/2/26 19:29

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/2/9 7:43
From HPJC
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2008/2/26 18:39

Re: Beacon Area / McGinley Square: Woman charged in bat beating of deliveryman
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
Lock her up 2!

Posted on: 2008/2/26 17:00

Beacon Area / McGinley Square: Woman charged in bat beating of deliveryman
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Woman charged in bat beating of deliveryman

by Michaelangelo Conte
Monday February 25, 2008

An 18-year-old Jersey City woman set the trap for the food deliveryman who was repeatedly bashed in the head with a baseball bat and robbed last week, officials said today.

Jasmine Rios, 18, of Mercer Street, was arrested Saturday and charged with conspiracy to commit robbery, in the case of the 50-year-old New York City man who was attacked on her porch Thursday at about 7:30 p.m., reports said.

Shortly after the attack, police arrested Tyquan Planter, 19, of Gray Street, and charged him with aggravated assault, robbery and weapons offenses, police spokesman Lt. Edgar Martinez said.

On Saturday, investigators asked Rios to tell them about the call she made to the Hong Kong Restaurant on Baldwin Avenue near Montgomery Street at about 7:20 p.m. Saturday, during which food was ordered for delivery to her home, reports said.

Rios told police Planter asked her to order the food and have it delivered to her home, reports said. When the delivery man arrived, Planter snuck up from behind and hit him several times in the head with the bat before taking the $19.50 worth of food he was delivering, reports said. Police said Rios and Planter are friends.

When the deliveryman didn't return, worried co-workers called him on his cell phone. He told them he was dizzy and didn't know where he was, Martinez said. They found him sitting on Rios' stoop, bleeding from the back of his head, Martinez said. One co-worker told police that $100 the delivery man had in his left pocket was still there, but the food was taken.

The delivery man remained hospitalized today but has been moved out of intensive care and is listed in stable condition, Jersey City Medical Center spokesman John McKeegan said.

Posted on: 2008/2/26 16:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I'm happy to hear that the liberals say give him 15 years. The thug is not only lazy, he is a danger to society. There's nothing wrong with being lazy or a bum on the street if you are not hurting anyone else.

And I say what's wrong with the 3 strikes law. Criminals should know that there will be consequences for their malicious actions.

Where is Mr. Fulop on this matter? How about Mr. Corzine?

Posted on: 2008/2/25 15:04

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/1/4 4:21
Group:
Registered Users
This liberal says give him 15 years with no chance of parole or early release. While we're at it, why not tack on some obscene amount of community service. Once this gentleman gets out if he happens to err in his ways again, 30 years mandatory behind bars with no chance of early release or parole.

I'm not a fan of 3 strikes you're out. Stealing just shows you're a lazy jerk who'd rather rob other people than work for their money like everyone else in this society. Useless wastes of life...

Posted on: 2008/2/24 15:42

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/3/18 15:05
From John Wilkes Park
Group:
Registered Users
there aren't any liberals left on this site, only nazis and communists. You are a nazi and I am a communist. That is all.

Posted on: 2008/2/24 7:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Give the thug 15 years in prison. It's time to teach the criminals that crime doesn't pay. Keep the thugs off our streets. I am awaiting the liberal reply. Oh no, locking criminals away doesn't deter/stop crime, so let them walk the streets, yada...yada...yada

Posted on: 2008/2/24 6:32

Beacon Area / McGinley Square: Thug used bat, Chinese delivery man remains in intensive care
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Thug used bat to grab grub

Saturday, February 23, 2008
By MICHAELANGELO CONTE
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

A Jersey City Chinese food deliverer remained in intensive care yesterday after being struck in the head multiple times with a baseball bat during a Thursday night robbery. The thief made off with $19.50 worth of food, officials said.

Tyquan Planter, 19, of Gray Street, was arrested at his home hours after the attack and charged with aggravated assault, robbery and weapons offenses, Lt. Edgar Martinez said yesterday.

The 50-year-old delivery man was rushed to the Jersey City Medical Center, where he was vomiting and drifting in and out of consciousness, Martinez said.

Yesterday, a hospital spokesman said the New York City man was in stable condition.

The delivery man had left the Hong Kong Restaurant on Baldwin Avenue near Montgomery Street around 7:22 p.m. Thursday to deliver food to a house on nearby Mercer Street, Martinez said.

When he didn't return, co-workers called him on his cell phone and he said he was dizzy and didn't know where he was, Martinez said.

Co-workers went to the address of the delivery and found the victim sitting on the stoop and bleeding from the back of his head, Martinez said. One co-worker told police that $100 the delivery man had in his left pocket was still there. The food was taken.

Police found witnesses who said they saw a man walking down the block with a baseball bat, Martinez said. The man with the bat, witnesses told police, had bragged he hit the deliveryman in the head with the bat five or six times, Martinez said.

Soon afterward, police identified Planter as the robbery suspect and arrested him at his home, which was just around the corner, Martinez said.

Angel Alonso, who lives two doors from the where the bat attack took place, said the incident is giving him second thoughts about his neighborhood.

"It's crazy, man. I think I'll sell my house in one more year. I don't want to put my family through this," Alonso said.

Posted on: 2008/2/23 15:09

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017