Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
124 user(s) are online (110 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 124

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Dog "at home" day care?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/17 12:06
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
aaww thanks Vig :)
Great suggestions you offered as well. Hope your Beagie is ok now?

Also thanks for allowing me to add I have vet tech experience too! :) :) :)

Mary Ann

www.downtowndogwalk.weebly.com

faeryx4@yahoo.com

Posted on: 2009/2/10 16:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
I just went through this same situation with our Beagle. We borrowed a baby gate like the one below and kept him confined for about 2-3 weeks. He went out just to pee and poo. Luckily we live on the ground floor. We used either a harness or a leash wrapped around his belly to walk him. I also built some ramps for him to get in/out of the car for vet visits. Rest, rest and more rest is the best way to go. Obviously that comes easy to a dog! My dog walker is an ex-vet tech and a saint and really helped while we were at work. Good Luck and PM me if you need any suggestions. I highly recommend Mary Ann!

Resized Image

Posted on: 2009/2/10 15:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/17 12:06
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
So sorry to hear about your pooches state, :(

Guess it depends on what your needs might be? You are talking about a care taker coming to your home correct? Not sending your ailing dog elsewhere right? That's what you likely need. Also depends on how much time you need supervised care for. If it is continuous hours a day, I would recommend you contact a kindly neighbor, friend or family member, if possible to help you thru this difficult period. If you are looking more for 1/2 hr to a few 1/2 hr visits thru out the day I may be able to help you.
Write me and we'll see what we can work out.
Mary Ann

www.downtowndogwalk.weebly.com

faeryx4@yahoo.com

Posted on: 2009/2/10 14:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/24 17:22
Group:
Registered Users
This was on Craigslist:

email this posting to a friend north jersey craigslist > pets
please flag with care:

DON'T KENNEL YOUR DOG! - IN MY HOME DOG SITTING (BERGEN COUNTY)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: lindabrownlee777@aol.com [?]
Date: 2009-02-10, 2:50AM EST

If you currently use kennels for your dog and are not comfortable with it. If you don't like the fact that your dog is kept in a cage with a limited amount of human contact. If your looking for a different option that you feel your pet would be happier with. I offer you a happy alternative to a lonely stay in a kennel. A loving, dog friendly home. Big fenced in yard. Lots of individual attention. They will be pet, snuggled, held and played with. They will be catered to. Leave them guilt free knowing their happy in a warm, safe environment. Dogs love it here! At my house your smaller breed dog will have all the comforts of home. MY JOB IS TO COMFORT & PROTECT YOUR PET AND I TAKE MY JOB VERY SERIOUSLY! (They may come home a little more spoiled than usual, but I can't help myself)

DAY CARE HOURS ARE 7AM TO 9PM I am available to watch your smaller breed dog in my home. YOUR DOG IS NEVER ALONE. THEY ARE WITH ME, MY FAMILY,(all my children are adults), AND OTHER ASSORTED LITTLE DOGS.

YOUR DOG WILL HAVE FULL RUN OF THE HOUSE. THEY ARE NEVER CONFINED. THERE ARE BASKETS OF TOYS AND BOWLS OF ASSORTED BONES ALL OVER THE HOUSE.

THERE ARE FREQUENT TRIPS OUT TO THE YARD ALL THROUGH THE DAY AND NIGHT.

THERE IS LOTS OF ONE ON ONE TIME WITH FREQUENT PETTING, SCRATCHING, BELLYRUBS, HOLDING & PLAYING.
YOU SEND THEIR FOOD WITH INSTRUCTIONS FOR HOW YOU WANT IT PREPARED AND EVERY DOGS MEAL IS INDIVIDULY PREPARED.
IN THE EVENING WE ALL SNUGGLE UP ON THE COUCH TO PLAY WITH A TOY, CHEW ON A BONE, NAP & WATCH TV.

AT NIGHT EVERYONE COMES UP TO MY ROOM WITH ME. I NEVER LEAVE THEM TO SLEEP ALONE AT NIGHT. THERE ARE DOG BEDS, PILLOWS, BLANKETS AND A SET OF STAIRS TO GET UP ON MY BED(where they are welcome to stay & sleep if they want)

DOGS DON'T GET LONELY HERE!

I have been caring for dogs for over 20 years. I have experience with special needs dogs such as the elderly, blind, deaf, epileptic and diabetic.
I take a limited amount of dogs so there is no overcrowding.

The rates are $20 for daycare and $30 for overnite stays. There is a multi dog discount. You supply your dogs food. Your dog must be able to be around other dogs. There is a required prestay meeting for 1st time guests and their owners. A deposit is required with all bookings. References upon request. Call and talk to me. Come over and meet me and my Pugs.

CALL LINDA
(201)791-2319 http://www.dontkennelyourdog.com

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: 1028555708

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Copyright ? 2009 craigslist, inc. terms of use privacy policy feedback forum

Posted on: 2009/2/10 11:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/24 17:22
Group:
Registered Users
Just curious, won't crate rest work.

Posted on: 2009/2/10 11:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/9/3 23:20
Group:
Registered Users
there's someone on craigslist that offers in home care...people keep flagging it, but it shows up daily. be on the lookout, and good luck!

Posted on: 2009/2/10 7:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/12/1 1:50
Group:
Registered Users
bummer. i'm sure someone in JC offers this service.

Posted on: 2009/2/10 6:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
What area are you in?

Posted on: 2009/2/10 5:34

Dog "at home" day care?

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/9/28 21:50
From Downtown Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Hello all. My dog recently suffered from intervertebral disc herniation. He needs to rest for 4 to 5 weeks. I cant stay home from work that long. Anyone here know of anyone that offers n "at home" dog day care? Thanks

Posted on: 2009/2/10 5:21

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017