Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
101 user(s) are online (91 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 101

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 7 8 9 (10) 11 12 13 ... 16 »

Re: Dogs' owner may be charged with assault - pair of bullmastiffs involved in three alleged attacks
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/6/12 16:21
From Paulus Hook
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

GeorgeWBush wrote:
I guess comments to a reporter are hearsay....any lawyers here? But that doesn't matter in grand jury proceedings.

Hearsay is admissible in grand jury proceedings, so anything she said to reporters or anyone else would be allowed. Like K-Lo said, it becomes an issue during trial proceedings. To obtain an indictment though, anything goes.

Quote:

I will tell you how, and hope DeFazio goes this route, because it's easy. She ways about 100lbs. The dogs weigh about 400lbs. My understanding is that a dog can pull more than 4 times its weight. We in the neighborhood have all seen her brought down by these dogs. She's been dragged on her stomach and back by them. She clearly could not control them.

Agreed. My 20 lb. dog growing up pulled my grown mother down on ice twice and broke her wrist each time. Those dogs were far too large for her [or the husband] to control.

I'm curious why he hasn't been at any of the court proceedings?...

Posted on: 2009/1/30 17:49

Dogs' owner may be charged with assault -hearsay
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/21 19:48
Group:
Registered Users
"Hearsay" is defined as any out of court statement offered to prove the truth of the matter asserted in the statement. If you offer a statement that X said it was snowing to prove it was snowing, it's hearsay. If you offer the same statement to show X's mindset as to why he put on his boots before he went out it's not hearsay.

The general rule is that hearsay is inadmissible. However --- there are tons of exceptions to the general rule that hearsay is inadmissible. ANY statement against interest made by a defendant in a criminal matter is usually admissible, except if it coerced by police or was elicited without the usual Miranda warnings while the defendant was in custody.

Posted on: 2009/1/30 15:10

Re: Dogs' owner may be charged with assault - pair of bullmastiffs involved in three alleged attacks
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/8/19 13:36
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

GeorgeWBush wrote:
Toast. Between the witnesses who have come forward and her unbelievably stupid comments to the paper, DeFazio will have zero problem obtaining an indictment.

I guess comments to a reporter are hearsay....any lawyers here? But that doesn't matter in grand jury proceedings.

So friggin' stupid. Would she have been indicted anyway? Probably. But like a moron she basically taunted the victims in print, and did it so specifically that it gives a prosecutor a big fat hook to yank her with...the grand jury is going to say, "Well, I don't know if it's criminal or not, but it's obvious she's lying about aspects of the incidents, so let's just send up a true bill & let the trial jury sort it out"

So when DeFazio says "possible charges", that's just him paying a little heed to proceedure. The PO has decided to hit them with an agg assault charge. That's exactly what they're going to end up standing for or pleading down from.

Nice! I don't know how you prove intent for an agg assault charge, maybe because it was a repeated pattern you could....they let the friggin' dogs try to eat people 6 different times. But agg assault is a 2nd degree crime in Jersey, with a presumption of a custodial sentence if convicted, even if there is no criminal history at all.

Have fun, dummy!

GWB

I will tell you how, and hope DeFazio goes this route, because it's easy. She ways about 100lbs. The dogs weigh about 400lbs. My understanding is that a dog can pull more than 4 times its weight. We in the neighborhood have all seen her brought down by these dogs. She's been dragged on her stomach and back by them. She clearly could not control them.

From there, you just have to prove that she was aware they were prone to attack someone. Well, maybe not the first, arguably (and I don't think so) not the second, but after two attacks, how could anybody (except maybe a jersey city juror) say she didn't know. Sorry for the sarcasm, but this will likely end in a plea deal. She's going to parade her autistic son in there (as she has apparently done at the shelter in an effort to get the dogs), and people will take pity. She deserves none, but it's just the reality of things.

My biggest regret is that the boyfriend/husband isn't being charged. He is the reason the dogs are aggressive. He is the reason they will likely die. And I hope if that happens, they find him in hell.

Posted on: 2009/1/30 14:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/14 0:06
Group:
Registered Users
Toast. Between the witnesses who have come forward and her unbelievably stupid comments to the paper, DeFazio will have zero problem obtaining an indictment.

So friggin' stupid. Would she have been indicted anyway? Probably. But like a moron she basically taunted the victims in print, and did it so specifically that it gives a prosecutor a big fat hook to yank her with...the grand jury is going to say, "Well, I don't know if it's criminal or not, but it's obvious she's lying about aspects of the incidents, so let's just send up a true bill & let the trial jury sort it out"

So when DeFazio says "possible charges", that's just him paying a little heed to proceedure. The PO has decided to hit them with an agg assault charge. That's exactly what they're going to end up standing for or pleading down from.

Nice! I don't know how you prove intent for an agg assault charge, maybe because it was a repeated pattern you could....they let the friggin' dogs try to eat people 6 different times. But agg assault is a 2nd degree crime in Jersey, with a presumption of a custodial sentence if convicted, even if there is no criminal history at all.

Have fun, dummy!

GWB

Posted on: 2009/1/30 13:36

Re: Unleashed Mastiffs Attack JC Man Downtown this Morning
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/9/3 23:20
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

lindsbinz22 wrote:
Repossessing a car isn't the easiest, but garnishing wages isn't as difficult as you'd think [that use to be my job]. Once you have an unsatisfied judgment, you can move the court to have their employer attach a portion of their wages.

I used to do this for the Sheriff Dept also. It's quite easy unless the person jumps from job to job. The only time it's a major issue and more of a heacache is when it's a private firm handling the actual garnishment, then things can get ugly. When it's county/statewide, there is a higher success rate of getting the money.

Posted on: 2009/1/30 13:33

Dogs' owner may be charged with assault - pair of bullmastiffs involved in three alleged attacks
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Dogs' owner may be charged with assault

Friday, January 30, 2009
By MICHAELANGELO CONTE
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

Last week's front-page Jersey Journal story about a pair of bullmastiffs involved in three alleged attacks in Downtown Jersey City has generated six calls to the Prosecutor's Office about the dogs' aggressive behavior, officials said.

"We intend to present the matter to a grand jury for the consideration of possible charges of aggravated assault (against the owner)," Hudson County Prosecutor Edward DeFazio said yesterday.

"There have been three apparent incidents in which these dogs, while in the custody of Susan Kolb, caused significant bodily injury to persons."

To indict Kolb, a resident of Dudley Street, a grand jury would have to conclude that she consciously disregarded a substantial and unjustifiable risk that someone would be injured given the way she exercised control over the dogs, DeFazio said.

Jonathan L. Rodriguez, 24, of Brunswick Street, was injured on Jan. 19 at Washington Street and Christopher Columbus Drive. Rodriguez said Kolb unleashed the dogs and they ran across the street and tore into his arm. Kolb said the dogs got away from her.

James Joyce, 24, said he needed six stitches after being attacked on Jan. 9 by the dogs at Warren and Morris streets. Kolb said Joyce was not injured.

On Sept. 21 at the park at Greene and Essex streets, police said the two dogs, reportedly unleashed, knocked down a woman and the 6-month-old child she was carrying. Kolb said it was an enclosed park and she let the dogs loose because she thought it was empty.

Jersey City Animal Control has seized the dogs and they could be put down under the state's Vicious Dog Law. A hearing is scheduled for Tuesday at 1 p.m. in Jersey City Municipal Court.

Posted on: 2009/1/30 11:05

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Paulus Hook
Group:
Registered Users
I didn't take it to mean anything about renters, I too rent. Most people who rent tend not to have much in assets to their name. Based on what we know of/about them, I doubt they have any sort of renter's insurance either.

Repossessing a car isn't the easiest, but garnishing wages isn't as difficult as you'd think [that use to be my job]. Once you have an unsatisfied judgment, you can move the court to have their employer attach a portion of their wages. I just don't want Jonathan or Gina to give up on the system.

Posted on: 2009/1/28 19:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

lindsbinz22 wrote:
I had heard Ohio as well.

Just because they rent doesn't necessarily make them judgment proof... There are lots of ways to collect on a judgment if someone doesn't own property - take/sell their car [if they have one], attach their wages [I know the husband works]. Don't give up on that Gina! And please, keep us posted on how Jonathan is doing.

I rent too. This was not a sleight against renters. It was a sleight against slimy people that don't take responsibility for their actions. Attaching wages is far more difficult than it sounds (particularly when the deadbeat is supporting a family with an autistic kid) as is selling anyone's assets to cover a civil judgment.

Hope that they have homeowners insurance-that might cover something. (Remember--these people think breeding and selling 200lb dogs in an apartment is a good investment--I doubt they are skilled in the art of high finance).

Posted on: 2009/1/28 18:14

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/30 21:20
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

skepticalhook wrote:

The best thing would be to really push for the criminal charges and try to get restitution from the criminal courts. I also wouldn't count out the possibility that they might just disappear and you'd have to find them. FYI--While it's been reported that they were moving to California, I understand that they've also said that they were moving to Ohio.

I'm sure they'll set up that nifty looking web site wherever{sp?} they land.

Posted on: 2009/1/28 18:00

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Paulus Hook
Group:
Registered Users
I had heard Ohio as well.

Just because they rent doesn't necessarily make them judgment proof... There are lots of ways to collect on a judgment if someone doesn't own property - take/sell their car [if they have one], attach their wages [I know the husband works]. Don't give up on that Gina! And please, keep us posted on how Jonathan is doing.

Posted on: 2009/1/28 17:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

loveanimals wrote:
yes the dogs are still at the shelter they were trying to contact Susan to see if the dogs had rabies....I think they should have checked for this the day Jonathan got attacked. I know Jonathan's lawyer is checking into the case now. I will keep everyone updated ;-D

Definitely keep us updated.

A little advice--the dogs' owners rent and are probably judgment proof. Given their constant lies and, frankly, abhorrent behavior by the male owner (he's known for exploding with threats and curse-laced rants at the smallest comment about those dogs--really doesn't like anyone to criticize when he beats the dogs--yes, he beats the dogs), I can all but guarantee a civil suit will be useless and they will never concede any kind of responsibility.

The best thing would be to really push for the criminal charges and try to get restitution from the criminal courts. I also wouldn't count out the possibility that they might just disappear and you'd have to find them. FYI--While it's been reported that they were moving to California, I understand that they've also said that they were moving to Ohio.

Posted on: 2009/1/28 17:41

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/17 19:14
Group:
Registered Users
yes the dogs are still at the shelter they were trying to contact Susan to see if the dogs had rabies....I think they should have checked for this the day Jonathan got attacked. I know Jonathan's lawyer is checking into the case now. I will keep everyone updated ;-D

Posted on: 2009/1/28 14:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

itsaurora wrote:
100% not true. both dogs are still at the shelter.

Thanks. You just made my day.

Posted on: 2009/1/27 15:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/30 0:28
From Belmont Ave.
Group:
Registered Users
100% not true. both dogs are still at the shelter.

Posted on: 2009/1/27 15:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I spoke to someone this morning that indicated that she thinks she saw at least one of the dogs out with the male owner last night. Can anyone confirm? If it is true, I am absolutely outraged.

Posted on: 2009/1/27 14:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
There was supposed to be a hearing this morning to determine the fate of these dogs and/or whether the owners would get them back. I am very much afraid of the chance of the court returning them to their owners, who I view as the main problem. I would hate to see them put down (the dogs, not the owners), but would prefer that to ever seeing them in our neighborhood. Does anyone have any info?

Posted on: 2009/1/26 19:52

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/3/7 16:03
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
Sam S wrote: I did not write that. I just did a bad mob of quoting Vigilante.

Gotcha, sorry. Actually that makes so much more sense now!!! I was thinking how that was not really consistent with what you were writing earlier. I agree with you that there is no excuse for not leashing.

It is however, entirely consistent with Vigilante's thinking.

To that point, I find it incredibly difficult and awkward to have to approach negligent dog owners and tell them to leash their dog. I can relate to Kitten's experience

Quote:
Kitten wrote: I really hated this feeling. If this dog came running at us, I don't know what I would I have done... we would have stood no chance against it.

I might follow Brewster's advice.

Quote:
Brewster wrote: Yes, you should have called the cops at 547 5477, the non-emergency number.

So we are left with three options, in order to feel secure in public parks:

1) Confront dog owners directly about an unleashed dog;
2) Call the cops; or
3) Dog owners could have the courtesy to leash their dog.

I think we can all agree that 3 is the best option, no?

Posted on: 2009/1/26 17:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/26 20:09
Group:
Banned
I did not write that. I just did a bad job of quoting Vigilante.

Quote:

philasurfer wrote:
Quote:
SamS wrote: I am not excusing anyone's behavior but I am telling you that the dog walkers I've talked to are tired of being singled out when no other rules or laws are enforced. The 6 gangstas on the BB court at 2am are a little too scary for cops to disrupt or neighbors to berate. The yuppie with the off leash chocolate Lab is easy pickings.

It is a good thing everyone does not think that way because there would be anarchy.

Other people break the law, so I can too. Or the police don't arrest that jay walker, so why should I put my dog on a leash! Murderers get away with murder everyday, so why should I get in trouble for anything!

There is a temptation to fall into that kind of thinking when we are frustrated, but to give in to that temptation would be dangerously uncivil.

Posted on: 2009/1/26 17:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

philasurfer wrote:
Quote:
SamS wrote: I am not excusing anyone's behavior but I am telling you that the dog walkers I've talked to are tired of being singled out when no other rules or laws are enforced. The 6 gangstas on the BB court at 2am are a little too scary for cops to disrupt or neighbors to berate. The yuppie with the off leash chocolate Lab is easy pickings.

It is a good thing everyone does not think that way because there would be anarchy.

Other people break the law, so I can too. Or the police don't arrest that jay walker, so why should I put my dog on a leash! Murderers get away with murder everyday, so why should I get in trouble for anything!

There is a temptation to fall into that kind of thinking when we are frustrated, but to give in to that temptation would be dangerously uncivil.

More hysterics.

Posted on: 2009/1/26 16:40

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/3/7 16:03
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Posted on: 2009/1/26 16:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
So you're saying my neighbors want to be treated like children or criminals and are seeking the attention of government oversight to be the slightest bit considerate to their neighbors and others around them?

[/quote]

My point is simple. I am not excusing anyone's behavior but I am telling you that the dog walkers I've talked to are tired of being singled out when no other rules or laws are enforced. The 6 gangstas on the BB court at 2am are a little too scary for cops to disrupt or neighbors to berate. The yuppie with the off leash chocolate Lab is easy pickings.[/quote]

Posted on: 2009/1/26 13:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/2 19:00
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

SamS wrote:
I am not sure what you mean by your last post; but the reality is this thread is basically about the dangers of dogs off leash. Not about children climbing trees. Other people's infractions, crimes, torts, civil misbehavior , etc. etc. do not justify allowing one's dog to run off leash in Hamilton Park or any other place in JC, other than designated dog runs. That argument is a little like saying since some people let their dogs run off leash I should be allowed to rob houses or banks or commit some other crime. Still any defense of permitting a dog to run off leash remains absurd and offensive to others in addition to the local law. There are dangers associated to allowing one's dog run off leash. Ignoring that will eventually result in an unfortunate ordeal.

Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

SamS wrote:

I have seen parents allow their children to swing on and snap the branches off trees. I have seen children fall off the swings in the playground . I have seen children nearly killed by BMX bikers and skateboarders. I have seen basketball games at 2am go unchecked. The comfort level in Hamilton Park is of varying degrees and always in flux. There are reasonable and unreasonable people but until all laws are enforced you're not gonna get much co-operation from all the dog owners. BTW There is NO connection between those 2 women and their dogs behavior and the other dog owners in Hamilton Park.

My point is simple. I am not excusing anyone's behavior but I am telling you that the dog walkers I've talked to are tired of being singled out when no other rules or laws are enforced. The 6 gangstas on the BB court at 2am are a little too scary for cops to disrupt or neighbors to berate. The yuppie with the off leash chocolate Lab is easy pickings.

When made aware of lack of enforcement of a city ordinance, it is that elected officials responsibility to make sure that ALL appropriate agencies uphold the laws in our city code. Seems like the issue of upholding "certain" law(s) gets pushed aside when the thought of losing votes from some pissed off person(s) who feels this law doesn't apply to them. If you are aware of other laws that are not being enforced bring it to your councilpersons attention and demand enforcement.

Posted on: 2009/1/26 4:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

SamS wrote:
I am not sure what you mean by your last post; but the reality is this thread is basically about the dangers of dogs off leash. Not about children climbing trees. Other people's infractions, crimes, torts, civil misbehavior , etc. etc. do not justify allowing one's dog to run off leash in Hamilton Park or any other place in JC, other than designated dog runs. That argument is a little like saying since some people let their dogs run off leash I should be allowed to rob houses or banks or commit some other crime. Still any defense of permitting a dog to run off leash remains absurd and offensive to others in addition to the local law. There are dangers associated to allowing one's dog run off leash. Ignoring that will eventually result in an unfortunate ordeal.

Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

SamS wrote:

I have seen parents allow their children to swing on and snap the branches off trees. I have seen children fall off the swings in the playground . I have seen children nearly killed by BMX bikers and skateboarders. I have seen basketball games at 2am go unchecked. The comfort level in Hamilton Park is of varying degrees and always in flux. There are reasonable and unreasonable people but until all laws are enforced you're not gonna get much co-operation from all the dog owners. BTW There is NO connection between those 2 women and their dogs behavior and the other dog owners in Hamilton Park.

My point is simple. I am not excusing anyone's behavior but I am telling you that the dog walkers I've talked to are tired of being singled out when no other rules or laws are enforced. The 6 gangstas on the BB court at 2am are a little too scary for cops to disrupt or neighbors to berate. The yuppie with the off leash chocolate Lab is easy pickings.

Posted on: 2009/1/26 3:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned

Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

SamS wrote:

Posted on: 2009/1/26 3:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned

Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

SamS wrote:

Posted on: 2009/1/26 3:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

SamS wrote:
It's really not appropriate to say there has ever been a witch-hunt for EVERY dog in Hamilton Park or any dog for that matter, merely because many residents have been imploring their neighbors to keep their dogs leashed in compliance with the law. Also, I don't know of any movement against leashed dogs.

Additionally, to say there has been NO incident since last year's pit-bull incident is not correct. There just hasn't been an incident of the heightened publicity or perhaps severity.

As an example, just last Friday night some off leash little white dog, fled the park, despite his owner calling for him and ran across 8th street into what appeared to be his home. Fortunately, the dog missed getting hit by a car by about 2 feet. But that was merely good luck.

On a regular basis there are poorly behaved off leash dogs that bark at adults, children and other dogs, making the targets of the barking more than just a little uncomfortable.

One evening last week a few unleashed dogs followed my dog and I into the tennis court that seconds as a dog run. I was hoping the owners would have followed us in, so my dog would have had some playmates. Instead, one owner came to take her dog out and said to me, "You don't get fined for keeping your dog off leash in the winter. They only come and get you in the spring." I did not invite her comment nor suggest she leash her dog. Which is why I was so astonished she would invite me to break the law.

If people would keep their dogs leashed, perhaps new comers would not consider it permissible to let their dangerous dogs off leash and the pit-bull incident of last year never would have happened. Any excuse or spinning to justify keeping your dog unleashed is laughably absurd.

Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Reminds me of that Pitbull from a year and a half ago. All the people ACTUALLY involved knew what the dog did, knew where the dogs owner lived and took action to get it resolved. All the people who knew nothing of the incidents tried to make it about everyone else except the actual culprit. It became a witch-hunt for every dog in Hamilton Park. The hysterics eventually died down and there have been NO incidents in HP since. It comes down to indivuals people. This owner was stupid. The dogs are doomed. Case closed. Stop projecting.

Posted on: 2009/1/26 0:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
It's really not appropriate to say there has ever been a witch-hunt for EVERY dog in Hamilton Park or any dog for that matter, merely because many residents have been imploring their neighbors to keep their dogs leashed in compliance with the law. Also, I don't know of any movement against leashed dogs.

Additionally, to say there has been NO incident since last year's pit-bull incident is not correct. There just hasn't been an incident of the heightened publicity or perhaps severity.

As an example, just last Friday night some off leash little white dog, fled the park, despite his owner calling for him and ran across 8th street into what appeared to be his home. Fortunately, the dog missed getting hit by a car by about 2 feet. But that was merely good luck.

On a regular basis there are poorly behaved off leash dogs that bark at adults, children and other dogs, making the targets of the barking more than just a little uncomfortable.

One evening last week a few unleashed dogs followed my dog and I into the tennis court that seconds as a dog run. I was hoping the owners would have followed us in, so my dog would have had some playmates. Instead, one owner came to take her dog out and said to me, "You don't get fined for keeping your dog off leash in the winter. They only come and get you in the spring." I did not invite her comment nor suggest she leash her dog. Which is why I was so astonished she would invite me to break the law.

If people would keep their dogs leashed, perhaps new comers would not consider it permissible to let their dangerous dogs off leash and the pit-bull incident of last year never would have happened. Any excuse or spinning to justify keeping your dog unleashed is laughably absurd.

Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Reminds me of that Pitbull from a year and a half ago. All the people ACTUALLY involved knew what the dog did, knew where the dogs owner lived and took action to get it resolved. All the people who knew nothing of the incidents tried to make it about everyone else except the actual culprit. It became a witch-hunt for every dog in Hamilton Park. The hysterics eventually died down and there have been NO incidents in HP since. It comes down to indivuals people. This owner was stupid. The dogs are doomed. Case closed. Stop projecting.

Posted on: 2009/1/25 19:48

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/7/8 19:40
From Jersey City Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

r_pinkowitz wrote:
Quote:

ninasdogwalk wrote:

Apparently after the incident the owner took off and refused to give him any information about themselves. It's horrendous that this happened yet again and who knows how many other times. This is disgraceful. I did see in this thread that this should hopefully be coming to a resolution as of yesterday...

I can't get over the fact that someone refused to give any information, In a prior news post on this thread is a statement from the Hudson County Prosecutor: "DeFazio asks that anyone who may have been attacked by these dogs to call his office at (201) 795-6959"
Please pass this information to your friend.

I will pass on the information. Thanks.

Posted on: 2009/1/25 3:05
www.ninasdogwalk.com

A positive attitude brings strength, energy and initiative.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

kitten wrote:

I really hated this feeling. If this dog came running at us, I don't know what I would I have done... we would have stood no chance against it. What could I have done differently? I was afraid to start an argument with the guy since his dog was off leash and maybe would have perceived me as a threat. Should I have called the cops? I don't know.

Yes, you should have called the cops at 547 5477, the non-emergency number. While it seems hysterical, the problem is if you don't, the cops stand up at community meetings and say "well, you know, we really haven't had complaints from the community about this". By calling it becomes part of the record, that there was a potentially dangerous unleashed animal with nothing but you between it and your toddler.

Posted on: 2009/1/24 17:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/21 20:29
Group:
Registered Users
Yesterday I was in Riverview park in the Heights with my son who is a toddler. We were walking over to the playground when I noticed a large, muscular dog (possibly a pitbull or a pitbull mix, I am not sure) off it's leash about 50 yards away from us. The dog's owner was engaged in a cell phone conversation and not paying attention to the dog or to us. I motioned to the guy and asked him if he could put his dog on the leash (which was in his hand). He didn't stop his conversation, rather he just gave me like a half nod and called to his dog and start to kind of walk away but still not put his dog on the leash. I grabbed my son by the hand and back tracked away from them, the whole time keeping my eye on the dog until we made it to the playground where I could shut the gate.

I really hated this feeling. If this dog came running at us, I don't know what I would I have done... we would have stood no chance against it. What could I have done differently? I was afraid to start an argument with the guy since his dog was off leash and maybe would have perceived me as a threat. Should I have called the cops? I don't know.

Nothing happened and nothing probably would have happened, but you never know.

Posted on: 2009/1/24 17:37

« 1 ... 7 8 9 (10) 11 12 13 ... 16 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017