Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
102 user(s) are online (83 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 102

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 6 7 8 (9) 10 11 12 ... 17 »

Re: Who here really, really hates Comcast?
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/2/14 23:00
Group:
Registered Users
I live at Marin and Columbus. There were lengthy periods of outages for me on both cable and internet yesterday (not 100% outage, but both were running extremely slowly so that I'd see periodic flashes of picture on the TV screen and could still bring up the channel info bar with a delay). It's been flickering a little bit today every once in a while, but only about one 15 or so minute total breakdown that I've noticed so far.

Posted on: 2009/2/1 21:38

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/5/14 13:52
Group:
Registered Users
Mine has been flickering all day. I am on Warren and Columbus. It better be fixed by tonight.

Posted on: 2009/2/1 18:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/24 18:16
From "Pay for Play"
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

pepo wrote:
Sporadic problems here near 3rd Street. An automated message at the customer service number reports problems in the area and that they are working on it.

Where on 3rd and what? I'm 3rd tween Erie/Jersey and no problem here at Sun, Feb 1st, 12:45PM. Tv is find and internet is fast download speed and ok upload as I use a VoIP phone.

If you're having fragmented pixelated frame freezing, try disconnecting your cable box, count 30 seconds, then reconnect. This should eliminate the pixelated frame freezing. If you need to, have a rep check your downstream signal while online.

If you're watching HD though there are too many possibilities of what's wrong. Go to either comcast. com or dslreports.com, check the Comcast HD forums for other solutions.

Posted on: 2009/2/1 17:45
Resized Image
Help US Sue Spectra! Join OR Donate!

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/8/21 19:11
From Downtown JC
Group:
Registered Users
Same problems here.

A couple of years ago we lost cable during the Oscars (I remember Chris Rock was hosting), and now we're getting spotty service on Super Bowl Sunday.

Amazing.

Posted on: 2009/2/1 14:19

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/3/7 21:06
Group:
Registered Users
Sporadic problems here near 3rd Street. An automated message at the customer service number reports problems in the area and that they are working on it.

Posted on: 2009/2/1 6:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/7/1 19:35
Group:
Registered Users
Is anyone out there having problems with Comcast? Curious if it's system wide or our building.

Internet service has been spotty and the cable is flaking out too. Luckily we have DSL back up for internet and an HD antenna to get the signal through the air.

Posted on: 2009/2/1 6:14

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/3/9 20:30
From Paulus Hook
Group:
Registered Users
I don't understand everyone's problem with Comcast. I have never had any service interruption, when I have called to add services or ask a question I'm rarely on hold more than 5 minutes. Not to mention that while not Fios speeds, they are pretty damned fast:

Resized Image

That being said, I will switch to whatever is faster. I talked to someone at Comcast last week who said they will be rolling out 50/50Mbs within a year and a half in Jersey City. That will compete nicely with Fios.

Posted on: 2009/1/22 2:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/9/7 0:45
Group:
Registered Users
Options would be Comcast Internet through the cable lines or DSL through Verizon. I am not sure if there are other DSL service providers in the area. Ultimately Verizon owns the phone lines and the third party provider will go through Verizon anyway, but if you hate Verizon, there may be other options. If you don't need blazing speed, DSL is currently cheap and it should be fine.

Posted on: 2009/1/22 0:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/5/13 20:32
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

gargantuan98 wrote:
I want to change from Comcast to a different broadband internet provider. I too would like to know whether there are other providers available in JC. There is no fios yet where I live and the satellite thing is not an option. Am I stuck with Comcast for internet service?

Your only other possible option is Verizon DSL. But that depends on where you live too. If your home is too far from the switching station it won't work. Didn't work for me. Besides, DSL is an inferior "broadband" product.

Posted on: 2009/1/21 23:38

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/16 13:05
Group:
Registered Users
I want to change from Comcast to a different broadband internet provider. I too would like to know whether there are other providers available in JC. There is no fios yet where I live and the satellite thing is not an option. Am I stuck with Comcast for internet service?

Posted on: 2009/1/21 18:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I was paying $60/month for internet (no TV or phone). I called Comcast and told them Verizon Fios was offering cheaper internet service. Comcast immediately lowered my bill to $42/month.

Posted on: 2009/1/21 12:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/2 19:00
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MrGrieves wrote:
Comcast has a bizarre pricing system for the internet. I called 6 months ago to find out the cost of a faster speed and it turned out to be cheaper than what I was paying for the slowest speed. I pay $56.10 now which includes tax. I don't have cable TV so I don't get a break for that. I forget the speed but it was the fastest one they were offering 6 months ago. I also got the impression you can bargain with them.

I do the triple play, I called Comcast and informed them Verizon was offering better plans and I was going with their competition. They switched me to another department and within 5 minutes, they matched the plans and I now pay under 100.00 a month (taxes included) for phone, internet and cable w/DVR/HDTV. I have more channels then I know what to do with and this includes 2 premium channels. I have no contract so, I'm not locked in. I've renegotiated my bill about 3 times last year when I get the mailers offering cheaper rates.

As soon as they hear the "disconnect" word they change their tune.

Also, they keep trying to lock me into a contract saying " we can't guarantee these rates if you don't agree,to a one or two year contract" and I reply with "Competition is now out there and if you keep offering higher rates I will switch to them", they say Thank you for being a loyal being a Comcast customer and end the call.....

Caveat Emptor!

Posted on: 2009/1/21 11:55

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 13:31
Group:
Banned
Comcast has a bizarre pricing system for the internet. I called 6 months ago to find out the cost of a faster speed and it turned out to be cheaper than what I was paying for the slowest speed. I pay $56.10 now which includes tax. I don't have cable TV so I don't get a break for that. I forget the speed but it was the fastest one they were offering 6 months ago. I also got the impression you can bargain with them.

Posted on: 2009/1/21 0:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

philasurfer wrote:
Question:

I have cable internet through Comcast, no tv or phone. My bill is now $62.95/month just for internet service.

Is this the going rate for internet service? Seems really steep to me. Are there any cheaper high speed options in JC?

There are different speeds and ISP connections but to pay $63 a month is really bizzare the speed is not worth it. Is that with all taxes and fees included ? What's going on out there a hundred dollars here and a hundred dollars there every month. We have to stop spending like this. You can get low speed DSL with Verizon for $18 a month. I have a prepaid cell phone it cost me $16 a month with tax, I still have a landline though. They have everybody coming and going. As far as cable TV is concerned it's up to $58 a month for basic cable and there is nothing on that's worth watching, they even took away some of the better channels.

Posted on: 2009/1/21 0:30

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/3/7 16:03
Group:
Registered Users
Question:

I have cable internet through Comcast, no tv or phone. My bill is now $62.95/month just for internet service.

Is this the going rate for internet service? Seems really steep to me. Are there any cheaper high speed options in JC?

Posted on: 2009/1/20 23:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Minnie wrote:
I have a modem I have to return to Comcast. I understand they're located on Kennedy Blvd. Does anybody know the cross streets? I asked the comcast phone rep for the cross streets and they didn't know.

2121 Kennedy Blvd. S/W corner of Grant Ave. 2 blocks north of State College.

Posted on: 2009/1/20 23:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/11/9 13:22
Group:
Registered Users
I have a modem I have to return to Comcast. I understand they're located on Kennedy Blvd. Does anybody know the cross streets? I asked the comcast phone rep for the cross streets and they didn't know.

Posted on: 2009/1/20 23:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/9/9 13:46
From Intersection of Venerated @ Ensconced
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

payanks00 wrote:
...Why everyday do I see Comcast adding 5-10 HD stations everywhere besides Jersey City. Penn/Delaware just received 3 new stations, Connecticut is adding 9 new stations, and the list goes on and on. We don't even have Fox news hd, discovery channel, espn news, etc.

I am happy that I bought two new tv's last December to watch the 20 stations that we have in HD.

How many others are experiencing the same frustration???

+1. That's why if I can make FIOS work without rewiring, I'll jump to FIOS as soon as it's available in my neighborhood. The number of HD channels is lame.

The other frustration I have is (what I think is) a volume related issue with On Demand. I'll get blips and skips while watching during what I think is a peak volume time (Friday/Saturday nights) and any other time it's fine. I've brought it up to Comcast and they've offered to send someone out, but during business hours. I know the service is fine in the middle of the day, so I can't see taking the time off to wait for them.

Bottom line - I don't think they have the bandwidth that FIOS has.

Posted on: 2008/12/12 15:14
"Dogs are our link to paradise." - Milan Kundera

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Eleanor_A wrote:

Are you going to give up TV altogether when all stations start broadcasting in digital?

Why do that? If you don't already have a digital TV you can pick up a converter box for $20.

Posted on: 2008/12/12 13:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/3/3 2:45
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:
We got rid of cable altogether

Are you going to give up TV altogether when all stations start broadcasting in digital?

Posted on: 2008/12/12 5:08

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/3/7 16:03
Group:
Registered Users
I hated comcast. Notice...... past tense.

We got rid of cable altogether about 8 months ago. It was the best thing I have ever done.

1. We save money because we have no cable bill.

2. We spend more time doing constructive things like reading, talking, cooking dinners (which also saves money, not going out!).

3. I have noticed a distinct reduction in my desire to buy things. Not having commercials in your life will change your world view.

4. Many shows and movies are available on-line or through netflix, just without the commercials and the cost of cable.

I highly recommend getting rid of cable! It is very liberating.

Posted on: 2008/12/12 3:08

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/5/14 13:52
Group:
Registered Users
I usually check out engadgethd.com, which talks about new gadgets and new hd being added to various parts of the country. Why everyday do I see Comcast adding 5-10 HD stations everywhere besides Jersey City. Penn/Delaware just received 3 new stations, Connecticut is adding 9 new stations, and the list goes on and on. We don't even have Fox news hd, discovery channel, espn news, etc.

I am happy that I bought two new tv's last December to watch the 20 stations that we have in HD.

How many others are experiencing the same frustration???

Posted on: 2008/12/11 22:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 14:18
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users
It is hard for me to read the insert. The prints are small. They listed some HD packages and their prices.

Posted on: 2008/11/22 2:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Annod wrote:
Effective December 1, 2008, subscription to Digital Economy, Digital Starter or Digital Classic is required to subscribe to Digital Video Recorder (DVR) service.

The last time I had a DVR, it cost $13.95 plus tax a month. This is highway robbery for them to force you to get one.

I'm no fan, but as I read that, they're not forcing you to get a DVR, but if you want one you need one of those plans. It doesn't sound like analog is off the table. Was there more?

Posted on: 2008/11/21 18:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 14:18
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users
I got my bill today and there is an insert that you need magnifying glass to read.

The insert mentioned several price increases. One of them is:

Effective December 1, 2008, subscription to Digital Economy, Digital Starter or Digital Classic is required to subscribe to Digital Video Recorder (DVR) service.

The last time I had a DVR, it cost $13.95 plus tax a month. This is highway robbery for them to force you to get one.

And they keep removing channels from their analog service.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
FCC: Comcast didn't answer questions

Comcast Corp. may face a fine after failing to answer questions in a probe of alleged overcharging, Federal Communications Chairman Kevin Martin said. "They had a narrative," Martin said. "But they didn't even answer the specifics of the questions directly." The FCC is investigating whether Comcast, the largest cable company with 24.4 million video customers, and 12 other providers are exploiting broadcast television's digital transition to overcharge subscribers. The probe begun Oct. 30 is examining whether companies moved channels to a digital service, forcing consumers to pay more to see them or to accept fewer channels for the same price.
http://www.delawareonline.com/article ... 9/BUSINESS/811190316/1003

Posted on: 2008/11/21 3:29

Re: Comcast Digital Flickering

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/5/5 23:41
Group:
Registered Users
just got my December bill and my cable went up $8 for no apparent reason except for the customer service rep lecturing me on competition.

Posted on: 2008/11/21 2:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/10 14:50
From hamilton park
Group:
Registered Users
I have a similar problem sometimes where the lowest channels just flicker and won't come in, I was thinking the signal needs to be boosted but I'm not sure yet.

Posted on: 2008/11/20 17:38
utterly deplorable

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/24 18:16
From "Pay for Play"
Group:
Registered Users
I have Digital Cable since they offered it and have never had this problem. Sounds like it might be your tv though rebooting your digital cable box, as JCase suggests, and having Comcast reconnecting you via phone works great at resetting your signal.

Good luck!

Posted on: 2008/11/20 17:27
Resized Image
Help US Sue Spectra! Join OR Donate!

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/13 17:19
From time to time
Group:
Registered Users
Call them. They can fix many problems over the phone by the equivalent of a reboot. They have you disconnect and reconnect your DVR. At the same time they send you a new feed. That process has solved glitches for me with no need for a technician visit.

Posted on: 2008/11/20 17:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/6/22 20:18
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
i would say you might need a new box. i don't have that issue

Posted on: 2008/11/20 16:58