Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
128 user(s) are online (110 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 128

more...

Browsing this Thread:   5 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 13 14 15 (16)

Re: Unleashed Mastiffs Attack JC Man Downtown this Morning
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/4/5 16:21
Group:
Registered Users
brazilian mastiffs or fila basilieros are considered the most protective of all mastiff breeds. They are sweet with family but will never warm up to strangers. As a matter of fact most mastiff breeds can be very protective.

the only ones that seem really laid back are the english mastiffs.

Sometimes dogs interpret a threat although it isn't or we dont realze it is.

Also dogs never forget maybe they were taunted by that person in the past. I had a rottweiler that was always taunted by the garbagemen. she went nuts anytime they came around. If she attacked one of them the press would demonize the dog.

Regardless of all that, dogs should always be leashed and under control or they should not be in public.

Posted on: 2009/1/20 16:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/21 19:48
Group:
Registered Users
The victim must have provoked the attack? From across the street?

Posted on: 2009/1/20 16:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/7/8 2:45
From Bergen/Laf
Group:
Registered Users
My mom has a Brazilian Mastiff... very sweet, looks down right evil but has a heart of gold but still protective over the farm. Not too long ago I believe in California, we were just talking about it actually. There was a woman who owned two mastiffs... the dogs were social, wonderful temperment and killed the neighbor without no warning. Dogs sometimes just snap.. not sure who said it but you never know what will set a dog off.... we have all heard it many times " I never thought my dog would....." This is what he looks like Photobucket

Posted on: 2009/1/20 15:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/1/22 18:21
Group:
Banned
Quote:

jerseymom wrote:
Cops: Man attacked by unleashed dogs in Downtown Jersey City

by Michaelangelo Conte/The Jersey Journal
Monday January 19, 2009, 6:14 PM

A Jersey City man was attacked by two mastiffs in the city's Downtown neighborhood this morning, and the owner of the dogs was issued two summonses for failing to keep them on leashes, officials said.

Susan Clob, 58, of Dudley Street, was issued the summonses after the 7 a.m. attack at Christopher Columbus Drive and Washington Street, police said.

The 24-year-old victim, a resident of Brunswick Street, was taken to the Jersey City Medical Center in stable condition and appears to have suffered injuries to his arm, officials said.

When police responded they saw the dog owner leading the mastiffs into a nearby building and a witness flagged down the cops and pointed out the victim who had run into a nearby lobby, reports said.

The victim said Clob unleashed the large male and smaller female dogs, which then ran across the street, police said. The male bit his arm, then the female bit him as well.

Clob tried to pulled them off the victim but they were both dragged to the ground, police said.

A witness tried to scare the dogs off by driving his car toward them but that did not work, police said.

Construction workers at a nearby project approached the dogs and banged their helmets on the ground to scare them as the larger one was going for the victim's neck, police said.

The dogs let up enough for the victim to run to the safety of a nearby building with the larger dog on his heels, police said.

THEY NEED TO BE PUT DOWN AND THE OWNER CHARGED WITH ASSAULT FOR CREATING THE ENVIROMENT WHEREAS THESE HOUNDS ATTACKED !!

Clob was issued the summonses but the dogs were not taken away, officials said.

Posted on: 2009/1/20 15:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/30 0:28
From Belmont Ave.
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
I really can't see this bread of dog being overly aggressive...

there are many mastiff breeds, some of which have more aggressive/guardian tendencies. since the article used the generic, lower case "mastiff" as opposed to a capitalized proper name, i tend to think they're not being breed specific.

then again, i might be giving the jersey journal too much credit...

Posted on: 2009/1/20 15:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/12/1 1:50
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
3...2...1... GO (this is not to dismiss the importance of the leash convo, of course. it's just to underscore that it has been debated again and again but nothing ever seems to change)

basically.

damn it.......it seems like every week now I've been agreeing with Mayla....

Posted on: 2009/1/20 7:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/9/3 23:20
Group:
Registered Users
people seem to do this fairly often at night around here so they are less likely to get caught or face criticism. I've seen it done with both big and small dogs. Not cool.

Posted on: 2009/1/20 5:19

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/3/7 16:03
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
Croft said: nor do I approve of others who walk their dogs unleashed at night

Just curious, what is the difference between walking the dog unleashed at night vs. day?

I think this attack happened at 7 in the morning or something.

Posted on: 2009/1/20 4:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/9/3 23:20
Group:
Registered Users
Though my dog is often about as harmful as a marshmallow peep, i keep him leashed no matter what. I have never had the urge to unleash him, nor do I approve of others who walk their dogs unleashed at night. I find that highly irresponsible of them, and you never know what may stimulate a dogs mind.

Posted on: 2009/1/20 4:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
I'm a responsible dog owner and my dog would never do that - the victim must of provoked them, like children do!

Posted on: 2009/1/20 4:32
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/7 20:21
Group:
Registered Users
These dogs should have been put to sleep and the owner should be barred from ever having dogs in Jersey City permanently.

Posted on: 2009/1/20 4:08
ಠ_ಠ

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

philasurfer wrote:
Vigilante Wrote:
Quote:
Many more dogs I'd rather hang with than all the useless whiners around here.

This comment is entirely consistent with your apparent discomfort with critical thinking. Dogs are social sluts... they are non-judgmental and lack the ability to think critically. I can see why this type of creature would appeal to someone with your worldview.

Dogs are not inherently evil, but the fact that one human is maimed by a dog, that is one person too many. Therefore, dogs have to be regulated in accordance with the danger that they POTENTIALLY pose, rather than the danger that they ACTUALLY pose. Not all drivers are bad, but they still need to pass a test and get a license to drive. Often it is the "bad actors" that spoil it for everyone and in this case, as it relates to regulation, the good dog owners are lumped in with the bad.

Don't get mad. Just understand that some people just don't measure up to the qualities of a dog. I have met many of those people and I value a dog's company over their's. That is the simple Truth.

Posted on: 2009/1/20 4:06

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Vigilante Wrote:
Quote:
Many more dogs I'd rather hang with than all the useless whiners around here.

This comment is entirely consistent with your apparent discomfort with critical thinking. Dogs are social sluts... they are non-judgmental and lack the ability to think critically. I can see why this type of creature would appeal to someone with your worldview.

Dogs are not inherently evil, but the fact that one human is maimed by a dog, that is one person too many. Therefore, dogs have to be regulated in accordance with the danger that they POTENTIALLY pose, rather than the danger that they ACTUALLY pose. Not all drivers are bad, but they still need to pass a test and get a license to drive. Often it is the "bad actors" that spoil it for everyone and in this case, as it relates to regulation, the good dog owners are lumped in with the bad.

Posted on: 2009/1/20 3:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
BTW Dog products are a multi-Billion dollar industry so Good Luck getting rid of dogs!

Posted on: 2009/1/20 3:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
So now dogs are "evil"? Please. Dogs are licensed, insured(if your smart) and I have seen just as many off leash dogs ticketed as I have reckless drivers ticketed. Many more dogs I'd rather hang with than all the useless whiners around here. Lose the dogs and watch the muggers and drug-dealers take over Hamilton Park AGAIN. Nuff said.

Posted on: 2009/1/20 3:39

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
Vigilante wrote: Except most dogs are more like water-pistols but, like guns, the owner should be held responsible. Meanwhile, the most dangerous weapons in JC, cars and their drivers, are allowed to speed, run Stop signs and put everyones lives at risk.

Point taken Vigilante, however there are two major distinctions between the dangers of cars and that posed by dogs.

First, cars are actually heavily regulated. You need a license and insurance to operate one and there are fines for just about everything you do wrong with a car. Not the case with dogs. If you want to own a dog you should have to be licensed and hold insurance.

Second, cars serve a social good. They provide critical transportation which serves many social and economic needs. Dogs, in most cases, serve as simple entertainment for their owners. So they don't have the critical social, economic and public safety role of cars. Cars are a necessary evil if you will. Dogs are not a necessary evil.

Posted on: 2009/1/20 3:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 3:29
Group:
Banned
3...2...1... GO

(this is not to dismiss the importance of the leash convo, of course. it's just to underscore that it has been debated again and again but nothing ever seems to change)

Posted on: 2009/1/20 3:20

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/1/26 6:52
Group:
Registered Users
I'm not surprised... I see people in downtown constantly letting their dogs off their leashes. Hell, I've seen people in Hamilton Park belittle cops who write tickets for it.

I'll never get why people think it's okay to not put their dogs on leashes, or have them on those damn retractable ones that stretch out to like 25 feet.

These are the same people who will complain about the smell of urine in an alley where the homeless relieve themselves and then think there's nothing wrong with letting their dogs piss all over Hamilton Park's grassy areas, or in front of my house.

Jerks like this deserve to have their dogs taken away from them, and be put onto a list to prevent them from getting any kind of dog...

Posted on: 2009/1/20 3:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

philasurfer wrote:
Dogs should be regulated very heavily, similiar to guns. Guns and dogs make much more sense in rural areas. I can see looser gun laws in Vermont than in Jersey City, and the same should go for dogs.

In an urban environment dogs are as dangerous as guns and owners should need have to be licensed, only permitted to bring dogs in limited areas, and face serious penalties for attacks like these.

No one should be harmed like this as a result of someone else's form of entertainment, in this case dogs. Its as if I was strolling down the street spinning my gun on my finger and it "accidentally" goes off and shoots someone. It should not be permitted.

Except most dogs are more like water-pistols but, like guns, the owner should be held responsible. Meanwhile, the most dangerous weapons in JC, cars and their drivers, are allowed to speed, run Stop signs and put everyones lives at risk.

Posted on: 2009/1/20 3:13

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Dogs should be regulated very heavily, similiar to guns. Guns and dogs make much more sense in rural areas. I can see looser gun laws in Vermont than in Jersey City, and the same should go for dogs.

In an urban environment dogs are as dangerous as guns and owners should need have to be licensed, only permitted to bring dogs in limited areas, and face serious penalties for attacks like these.

No one should be harmed like this as a result of someone else's form of entertainment, in this case dogs. Its as if I was strolling down the street spinning my gun on my finger and it "accidentally" goes off and shoots someone. It should not be permitted.

Posted on: 2009/1/20 2:44

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/4/15 15:15
Group:
Banned
I really can't see this bread of dog being overly aggressive...

Found this about the breed of dog trying to place what the breed looks like...

".... is very good with children and makes a great family dog. They are, again, not known for being aggressive unless they are in a circumstance where their family, especially their family's children, are threatened. They will become intimidating defenders in this case, and even courageous."

Leashes aren't only for the protection of others, but also of the protection of the dogs.... Keeping the dogs on their leashes; and this is a non-issue....

Posted on: 2009/1/20 2:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

jcnight wrote:
Coulda had a leash on, Shoulda had a leash on, Woulda prevented this poor man's injury... I vote to take the lady away, and give the dogs to someone that is responsible

+1

She needs to be charged with assault at least. Jeez, it could have been manslaughter! I've said it here before, people would be more scrupulous about their dogs leashes if their own freedom were on the line.

Posted on: 2009/1/20 2:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/27 11:11
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Coulda had a leash on, Shoulda had a leash on, Woulda prevented this poor man's injury... I vote to take the lady away, and give the dogs to someone that is responsible

Posted on: 2009/1/20 1:19

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/2/28 8:43
Group:
Banned
A man gets attacked by multiple dogs, she tries to take off, and her dogs were not taken away? Wow. If these were pits it would've played out much differently. Hope the guys arm isn't mangled too bad. No idea why people want such huge dogs when living in the city.

Posted on: 2009/1/20 1:16

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/11/22 2:28
Group:
Registered Users
WOW what a crazy story! I feel so bad for the victim, and I wonder what made this woman take her dogs off their leash? I don't know about this breed of dog, but it's my personal belief that vicious dogs that attack for no reason are taught to be vicious by their owners. That being said, I don't know if their was a reason for this attack. I feel for the victim though, it's not fun being bit by a dog.

Posted on: 2009/1/20 0:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/21 19:48
Group:
Registered Users
The dogs were NOT taken away????? Is that it? Summonses???

Posted on: 2009/1/20 0:47

Unleashed Mastiffs Attack JC Man
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
Cops: Man attacked by unleashed dogs in Downtown Jersey City

by Michaelangelo Conte/The Jersey Journal
Monday January 19, 2009, 6:14 PM

A Jersey City man was attacked by two mastiffs in the city's Downtown neighborhood this morning, and the owner of the dogs was issued two summonses for failing to keep them on leashes, officials said.

Susan Clob, 58, of Dudley Street, was issued the summonses after the 7 a.m. attack at Christopher Columbus Drive and Washington Street, police said.

The 24-year-old victim, a resident of Brunswick Street, was taken to the Jersey City Medical Center in stable condition and appears to have suffered injuries to his arm, officials said.

When police responded they saw the dog owner leading the mastiffs into a nearby building and a witness flagged down the cops and pointed out the victim who had run into a nearby lobby, reports said.

The victim said Clob unleashed the large male and smaller female dogs, which then ran across the street, police said. The male bit his arm, then the female bit him as well.

Clob tried to pulled them off the victim but they were both dragged to the ground, police said.

A witness tried to scare the dogs off by driving his car toward them but that did not work, police said.

Construction workers at a nearby project approached the dogs and banged their helmets on the ground to scare them as the larger one was going for the victim's neck, police said.

The dogs let up enough for the victim to run to the safety of a nearby building with the larger dog on his heels, police said.

Clob was issued the summonses but the dogs were not taken away, officials said.

Posted on: 2009/1/20 0:27

Edited by Webmaster on 2011/2/11 6:18:32

« 1 ... 13 14 15 (16)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017