Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
130 user(s) are online (114 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 130

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 4 »

Re: He's Back! Manzo running for Mayor - hopes the fifth time's the charm.
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/3 6:32
Group:
Registered Users
God forbid Jerry McCann running your office.

Posted on: 2009/1/20 22:40

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/11/27 21:40
From city hall
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JRL wrote:
Can Levin win? Does he have the war chest? I am all about change. I never said Manzo is a reformer. He would still be better than Healy.

Its only January.Ward E has 27,000 registered voters.If we all got our friends and neighbors to support Dan Levin he could win.

Isn't it about doing whats right,not just holding your nose and voting for the lesser of the two Rotten choices.

I work for the city so no one would be more pleased then me to see Healy go but at what cost.Do i wake up and find Jerry McCann
running my department.

I am voting Levin "09" Viva the resistance

Posted on: 2009/1/20 22:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Can Levin win? Does he have the war chest? I am all about change. I never said Manzo is a reformer. He would still be better than Healy.

Posted on: 2009/1/20 15:10

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/11/27 21:40
From city hall
Group:
Registered Users
Can someone please tell me why people think that Lou Manzo is a
Reformer.
He is mentioned in the book "the soprano state"as having been brought before the grand jury investigateing Ex governor McGrevy in a bill board scandal.

He is still on the public payroll in Union City as a health inspector.

He is an insurance broker who had a huge insurance package with hudson county till he lost the election.

He has run on the HCDO line when it suits him and his last running mate was charly (londongate) Epps.

This guy is a has been who never was.Reformer, i think not.

VOTE LEVIN viva the resistance.

Posted on: 2009/1/20 11:01

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/2/15 1:46
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

mrrogers wrote:
Quote:

Webmaster wrote:
jmanny, omar, samual, and newguy are all posting from the same IP address.

Might want to add JRL to the list.Sheeees its only January.
So many Trolls,so little time.......

Posted on: 2009/1/20 8:25

Re: No Doubt Lou Manzo is a Fighter and cares about Jersey City!
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
While I understand that you and mrrogers are supporting
Dan Levin, whom I have met and had email correspondences with, I will agree, he would be a change from this political machine that I know all to well about in Jersey City. I might have even supported Dan, but I do know he is not going to have the war chest to win the election. Before I decided to support Manzo, who I do not know all that well, I went around speaking to many people on their thoughts about, speaking with business owners, senior citizens ect, most people said he was a decent man, while I do know he has been part of Jersey City politics for a long time, I believe he has the best chance to beat Healy. Though we still don't know what Cunningham is going to do, or support.

Posted on: 2009/1/20 2:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I'm actually not affiliated with the other posters, feel free to have the webmaster check my IP address.

Posted on: 2009/1/20 1:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Hey Moron with regards to unsupported generalities like this city is crime ridden, read the Jersey Journal, it supports and has been providing much reporting on crime and the statistics about the rise in crime. I actually live in a very nice neighborhood, unfortunately a few blocks up from my neighborhood there are crime problems.

Posted on: 2009/1/20 1:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/19 17:53
Group:
Registered Users
No ross,six posts in one day all after the other four posters tied to him were exposed.Check the time of web master exposing them.
You can't make this up.

Posted on: 2009/1/20 1:15

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/8/19 21:53
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JRL wrote:
Before you go around calling someone a troll, why don't you understand the message I was conveying. This city is crime ridden and our current Mayor does not hold himself accountable. There are people like Jim Carroll whom you have spoke well about that are running and want to do something about the crime. Manzo has come out against crime, none of the other candidates have. I got a laugh out Healy's re-election slogan, Change you can see...Yeah I guess crime going up, streets filthy and higher taxes...We all see the changes he has brought us, along with Zero accountability.

6 anti-Healy posts in what, 2 days? And a week after Manzo announced? No, that's not a troll.

As for crime, I don't what rat-infested hellhole you live in, but (as long as we're posting unsupported generalities) my neighborhood is close-knit and safe. I bet most JC residents (again, unsupported generalities like "this city is crime ridden") feel the same way.

My favorite line? "Manzo has come out against crime, none of the other candidates have." I guess that means all the other candidates are pro-crime. Hmmm, an interesting position. I assume Manzo is anti-litter and pro-goodness?

Posted on: 2009/1/20 1:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Before you go around calling someone a troll, why don't you understand the message I was conveying. This city is crime ridden and our current Mayor does not hold himself accountable. There are people like Jim Carroll whom you have spoke well about that are running and want to do something about the crime. Manzo has come out against crime, none of the other candidates have. I got a laugh out Healy's re-election slogan, Change you can see...Yeah I guess crime going up, streets filthy and higher taxes...We all see the changes he has brought us, along with Zero accountability.

Posted on: 2009/1/20 0:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Webmaster wrote:

Might want to add JRL to the list.Sheeees its only January.
So many Trolls,so little time.......

Posted on: 2009/1/20 0:05

Re: No Doubt Lou Manzo is a Fighter and cares about Jersey City!
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Dan Levin 09'.

Posted on: 2009/1/19 23:37

No Doubt Lou Manzo is a Fighter and cares about Jersey City!
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
While some folks wonder why Lou Manzo is running again and even criticizing him running again, they need to ask themselves the question is Jersey City better off under Healy and the current administration. The answer is no, and it is in the facts! I?m born and raised in Jersey City, living here 48 years, I lived in a few areas of Jersey City. Over the last 20 years I have lived in the heights. The Heights was a very nice place to live at one time, nice stores on Central Avenue. Now both Central, Palisade, Summit avenues for example are crime ridden and filthy. In a conversation one evening with the lady that runs Duncan Doughnuts on Central Ave, she mentioned a couple of weeks ago she had to lock the doors to the store early one evening because she feared for her life as gangs were
running up and down the streets, is that anyway to live....you call this a good quality of life. We have gangs in Jersey City, something Healy never admits to.
I have attended some association meetings. At these meetings, the number one topic has been quality of life in Jersey City, mainly the crime issue. These meetings also had some police officers attending and they all say the same thing - they do not have enough manpower nor the tools and equipment to do the proper job. . Well, when our mayor and his administration do not do whatever it takes to protect their citizens and let us continue with the status quo and live in danger, then he and the administration do not belong running Jersey City. The mayor and his administration are accountable for this situation. We have extremely high taxes. Where are our taxes going? The number one place should be towards citizen safety. We must vote Healy and most of the current administration out! Citizens of Jersey City, it is up to us to elect officials that can get the job done - manage and spend our taxes correctly, provide a great quality of life, and ensure public safety. Jersey City is a prime location and should be a world-class city. It will not happen under this administration. Let?s support Lou Manzo and his ticket, a true fighter, who has yet to give up in making Jersey City a safe and better place for us to live.

Posted on: 2009/1/19 20:11

Webmaster
Webmaster

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/25 12:50
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Webmasters

Posted on: 2009/1/19 18:40

Edited by Webmaster on 2009/1/19 21:16:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Hey J Manny still haven't got the Quote thing down, huh.You quote and post together.
Now it looks like you could use the help of Spell check and a grammer coach.

If your the caliber of talent that Manzo is hiring to work for him than i am getting less and less inclined to vote Manzo.
See i can quote on top.

jmanny wrote:
Hey Mr. Rogers, there is no question your are not a troll, your aredefinitely only a jerkoff...[/quote]

Posted on: 2009/1/19 14:31

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Hey Mr. Rogers, there is no question your are not a troll, your aredefinitely only a jerkoff...

Posted on: 2009/1/19 11:32

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

mrrogers wrote:
Quote:

jmanny wrote:
Mr. Rogers four days ago your praising Jim Carroll as can be seen above from the above posting done on January 14th, now your ripping him and insinuating he be a conflicted councilman. This is why politics s____ks, a family man like Jim Carroll integrity is now going to be questioned by you because you don't like it that a couple of posters feel that Steve Fulop should support someone for mayor.

Posted on: Today 6:25

Hey jmanny are you a jerkoff or just a troll for Manzo.I praised Jim Carroll and have not changed my opininion what so ever.

Just because i said that Ross knows his history does not mean i changed my mind.Where in my postings am i ripping jimmy.
Your constant whining about how Fulop should Back Manzo is the Equivalent of manzo slapping Posters up all over downtown.

By the way you still can't use the QUOTES for shit.......

Posted on: 2009/1/19 11:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
You know there actually is a building down on West side ave that has three big signs on it from three different Manzo elections.One on top of the other but they are peeling off so you can see whats under them.
Once again Mr Sewage you point out the obvious.

Did you see where i changed my mind about Jim Carroll or am i correct about samual being a troll

Posted on: 2009/1/18 15:02

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

mrrogers wrote:

Your constant whining about how Fulop should Back Manzo is the Equivalent of manzo slapping Posters up all over downtown.

You're missing the point about the genius of Manzo posters and stickers. By putting them up all over town and never removing them, he's always ready for the next election and gets a jump on the competition. Foresight like that should qualify him to be mayor

Posted on: 2009/1/18 14:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jmanny wrote:
Mr. Rogers four days ago your praising Jim Carroll as can be seen above from the above posting done on January 14th, now your ripping him and insinuating he be a conflicted councilman. This is why politics s____ks, a family man like Jim Carroll integrity is now going to be questioned by you because you don't like it that a couple of posters feel that Steve Fulop should support someone for mayor.

Hey jmanny are you a jerkoff or just a troll for Manzo.I praised Jim Carroll and have not changed my opininion what so ever.

Just because i said that Ross knows his history does not mean i changed my mind.Where in my postings am i ripping jimmy.

By the way you still can't use the QUOTES for shit.......

Posted on: 2009/1/18 14:26

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2009/1/18 11:28

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jmanny wrote:
Re: He's Back! Manzo running for Mayor - hopes the fifth time's the charm. #51
Home away from home

Quote:

Ross_Ewage wrote:
Quote:

mrrogers wrote:
Quote:

samual wrote:
I happen to know Jimmy Carroll. Jim is a lifelong Jersey City resident who lives in the heights with his family. Jim who is an attorney is very community spirited and involved with the schools, and he donates his proffesional services to the church. Jim is a police sergeant in Jersey City and a fine example of the youth and proffesionalism that should be reflected on the city council. this was a very very good pick for a very important council seat by Manzo.

Could't agree more on Jimmy Carroll.He is a real nice guy who has done a lot of great things in the heights.Sixteen years of Bill
Gaughan are more than enough.Streets are filthy up there and Gaughans whole family is on the payroll.I will defenitly Volunteer
some time to help Jimmy Carroll knock off Bill(four jobs)Gaughan.

So Carroll's a police sergeant, an attorney (more than likely on the city's nickel), is running for paid political office, and the Gaughan's are milking the system?

Carroll is a police officer who will have to take a leave of absence to be a councilmen.He does not have any legal work with the city nor county.
The gaughn family on the other hand have at least six jobs and three free cars with gas in the family.Big difference.

Posted on: 1/14 21:47

Transfer

Posted on: 2009/1/18 11:27

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

mrrogers wrote:
Quote:

Ross_Ewage wrote:
Quote:

Telecomreg wrote:
Fulop has to step up to the plate here. We have a reform slate (so far) under Manzo

OK, I got this far, and I have to take issue with the claim of "reform". Let me first say that (with the exception of Jimmy King), I will accept the premise that Manzo's slate consists of upstanding citizens. But here's the problem, and it's the exact same problem that many of the other council members have: 2 masters.

Jim Carroll is an active duty cop, who will take a leave of absence if he's elected. Is it plausible to believe that he will really be able to take a tough stand against the police when it comes to voting? Would he be able to vote against police contracts filled with goodies at taxpayer expense? Or will he abstain? How does that serve Ward D?

Lori Serrano is a school district accountant. One assumes that she won't be taking a leave of absence since city council doesn't pay a living wage. Is it plausible to believe that she will really be able to take a tough stand against the board of education when it comes to voting? Her case is even more problematic that Carroll's. And as a former Jersey City Housing Authority chair, Ms. Serrano is certainly no newcomer to JC politics.

As for Jimmy King, the very idea that he brings reform is ludicrous. Remember who he supported last time (while running as an independent for Ward C)? Surprise, it was Healy. Don't forget his time at the Parking Authority (http://www.talkingpolitics.net/JCPA.htm). From the site: "Early in Smith's term, several new commissioners were named to the JCPA. Those commissioners first suspended King, then initiated an investigation into activities allegedly involving JCPA spending, hiring a forensic accountant and an attorney. The investigation also probed allegations that King - who had the authority to hire and fire staff - handed out promotions to JCPA personnel who were members of his civic association."

Don't get me wrong - most of the sitting councimembers have similar situations. It just seems to me that calling this a reform slate just because the candidates, up until now, haven't held elected office, is a bit of a stretch. They're relatively fresh faces, but they seem to know their way around the block.

Say what you want but Ross knows his history.Why some are pushing Fulop to get on board so early is beyond me.File day is March 19th.Never know what will happen.

Posted on: 2009/1/18 11:27

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2009/1/18 11:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Healy wants galaxy of star pols at his announcement

Jersey Journal
the Political Insider
Saturday, January 17, 2009

First, the Insider should warn the Jersey City administration to stop looking for that leak inside their inner sanctum. There's more than one, and as Healy's media consultant Brad Lawrence of Message and Media can tell you from our (clashing) Union City and Bruce Walter days, trying to plug leaks is a useless exercise.

The last column apparently created quite a stir and the emphasis now in the Mayor Jerramiah Healy camp is to solidify council candidates and choreograph Healy's official Thursday announcement of his intention to seek re-election.

Before the column, Healy wanted to have all, or most, of the county mayors stand behind him for the declaration. Now, the plan is to take up the "wow" factor a notch.

State legislators, including Assembly members who served with Manzo, are being called and asked to appear on the big day.

State Sens. Sandra B. Cunningham and Nick Sacco, who is also mayor of North Bergen, are expected to be there. They want Weehawken Mayor Richard Turner, who is New Jersey chief of staff for U.S. Rep. Albio Sires, there so he can be introduced as representing Sires, as well as those who they know will not show up from North Hudson - in particular state Sen. and Union City Mayor Brian P. Stack.

Why the extra energy? The administration wants to avoid any panic among their political workers as result of the indecision over selecting council candidates - which they read about here.

Leadership doesn't want to hear things like their people asking "Who is this Sheinkopf guy?"

Manzo hired the New York political and media consultant Sheinkopf, president of Sheinkopf Communications, to plan his campaign. In the past, Manzo ran his own show.

Who is Sheinkopf? He once worked for Bill Clinton, but go see for yourself at the Website:

www.sheinkopf.com

Anyway, workers were assured that Healy's campaign honcho, Harold "Bud" Demellier, will "clean Sheinkopf's clock," as some of the mayor's inner circle members put it.

http://www.nj.com/columns/jjournal/in ... 32177140214570.xml&coll=3

Posted on: 2009/1/18 11:16

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Re: He's Back! Manzo running for Mayor - hopes the fifth time's the charm. #51
Home away from home

Quote:

Ross_Ewage wrote:
Quote:

mrrogers wrote:
Quote:

samual wrote:
I happen to know Jimmy Carroll. Jim is a lifelong Jersey City resident who lives in the heights with his family. Jim who is an attorney is very community spirited and involved with the schools, and he donates his proffesional services to the church. Jim is a police sergeant in Jersey City and a fine example of the youth and proffesionalism that should be reflected on the city council. this was a very very good pick for a very important council seat by Manzo.

Could't agree more on Jimmy Carroll.He is a real nice guy who has done a lot of great things in the heights.Sixteen years of Bill
Gaughan are more than enough.Streets are filthy up there and Gaughans whole family is on the payroll.I will defenitly Volunteer
some time to help Jimmy Carroll knock off Bill(four jobs)Gaughan.

So Carroll's a police sergeant, an attorney (more than likely on the city's nickel), is running for paid political office, and the Gaughan's are milking the system?

Carroll is a police officer who will have to take a leave of absence to be a councilmen.He does not have any legal work with the city nor county.
The gaughn family on the other hand have at least six jobs and three free cars with gas in the family.Big difference.

Posted on: 1/14 21:47

Transfer

Posted on: 2009/1/18 11:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Ross_Ewage wrote:
Quote:

Telecomreg wrote:
Fulop has to step up to the plate here. We have a reform slate (so far) under Manzo

OK, I got this far, and I have to take issue with the claim of "reform". Let me first say that (with the exception of Jimmy King), I will accept the premise that Manzo's slate consists of upstanding citizens. But here's the problem, and it's the exact same problem that many of the other council members have: 2 masters.

Jim Carroll is an active duty cop, who will take a leave of absence if he's elected. Is it plausible to believe that he will really be able to take a tough stand against the police when it comes to voting? Would he be able to vote against police contracts filled with goodies at taxpayer expense? Or will he abstain? How does that serve Ward D?

Lori Serrano is a school district accountant. One assumes that she won't be taking a leave of absence since city council doesn't pay a living wage. Is it plausible to believe that she will really be able to take a tough stand against the board of education when it comes to voting? Her case is even more problematic that Carroll's. And as a former Jersey City Housing Authority chair, Ms. Serrano is certainly no newcomer to JC politics.

As for Jimmy King, the very idea that he brings reform is ludicrous. Remember who he supported last time (while running as an independent for Ward C)? Surprise, it was Healy. Don't forget his time at the Parking Authority (http://www.talkingpolitics.net/JCPA.htm). From the site: "Early in Smith's term, several new commissioners were named to the JCPA. Those commissioners first suspended King, then initiated an investigation into activities allegedly involving JCPA spending, hiring a forensic accountant and an attorney. The investigation also probed allegations that King - who had the authority to hire and fire staff - handed out promotions to JCPA personnel who were members of his civic association."

Don't get me wrong - most of the sitting councimembers have similar situations. It just seems to me that calling this a reform slate just because the candidates, up until now, haven't held elected office, is a bit of a stretch. They're relatively fresh faces, but they seem to know their way around the block.

Say what you want but Ross knows his history.Why some are pushing Fulop to get on board so early is beyond me.File day is March 19th.Never know what will happen.

Posted on: 2009/1/18 1:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
I'm voting Dan Levin.

Posted on: 2009/1/18 1:11

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Telecomreg wrote:

Posted on: 2009/1/18 0:49

(1) 2 3 4 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017