Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
65 user(s) are online (57 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 65

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: My car was broken into on Summit Ave between Journal and McGinley Squares
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/9/3 23:20
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bluekollar wrote:
I'd give anything to catch one in the act, it would be worth a night or two in county (maybe).

I caught 2 guys breaking into my old carolla in 2002. I immediately ran outside with a camera and my cell phone to dial JCPD. Since they busted out my door locks, I had to break into my own car to get in and chase them a few blocks until they got away. JCPD were VERY quick to respond and caught a few guys around the corner doing the same thing. They may have not caught my guys, but they caught others in the act, perhaps part of the same group.

I've seen people come down by Simple when I worked there to creep into cars but never caught one actually breaking in. I have a few license plate numbers written down. They seem to park in the vicinity and then walk around. My guess is that most of them probably don't live in the area they are preying on or even in Jersey City for that matter.

Posted on: 2009/1/8 19:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/7/8 2:45
From Bergen/Laf
Group:
Registered Users
I live in a pretty bad area, but everyone looks out for everyone on our block including the kids on the corner. I have a brand new jeep and twice in the summer left my windows all the way down and no one touched my car (complete with ATM card in car too), one time someone threw rocks at my window to let me know the windows were open, make friends with your neighbors if you havent already

Posted on: 2009/1/8 19:21

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/6/12 2:47
Group:
Registered Users
What a pain in the ass. It stings just to look at that. When they busted into my car a couple of weeks ago, I went and got my window replaced at Bob's Auto Glass on Communipaw near Kennedy, pretty decent guy from what I can tell, and a fair price.

Stupid kids I suppose, the "professional" jackers use a screwdriver to pry the window from the door pillar so the window just "pops" instead of making a smashing sound. See the things you learn from becoming a victim and talking to cops! hooray! I'd give anything to catch one in the act, it would be worth a night or two in county (maybe). I'd figure that in the winter months crime would be down, don't most shitbags like warmth?

Posted on: 2009/1/8 18:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
So sorry Croft...this is just awful. The same thing happened to me in the Heights - for a handful of change. It takes so much time and money too (which we didn't have) to fix the window. These little punks have no capacity to consider what this does to a person.

Posted on: 2009/1/8 16:35

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/3/5 3:42
Group:
Banned
I see this kind of vandalism once a week in my neighborhood as well and am always amazed...

Sorry to hear of your misfortune

Posted on: 2009/1/8 11:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I'm between Academy and Vroom, so right next to the courthouse off of Newkirk. I have FOP plate holders on the car (Used to belong to my dad who is retired JCPD) so that could've been another deciding factor on why to choose my car. Either way, surveillance with internet streaming will be installed on the front of my apartment very soon. My folks did our house up in the heights after all 3 of our cars were ransacked between 2001 and 2003. At one point I had changed cars and no more than a week later the newest one was hit up to the point I had different keys for every part of the car. Since the cameras were installed, people literally crossed the street just to not be seen by them and our neighbors always ask us if we caught something being done to their car when they wake up and find a smashed window or a sideswiped door. It's a real shame. I worked so hard to have this car and I work extremely hard to pay for my new apartment which is beautiful. Other than this I've had no problems and at least get a smile and a wave from most of my neighbors, even some of the thug looking kids who recognize me from walking the dog. My guess is it's someone from another neighborhood, just like I witnessed down at Hamilton Park this summer with a guy randomly parking and peeking in various car windows.

Posted on: 2009/1/8 6:30

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/3/30 16:31
From journal square
Group:
Registered Users
i wonder how many blocks from the courthouse you are...
lots of bail bondsmen and shady characters around that area...

Posted on: 2009/1/8 6:21

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/9/22 17:18
Group:
Registered Users
That sucks! If you catch them have your dog hold them down while you bite them

Posted on: 2009/1/8 6:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/12/1 1:50
Group:
Registered Users
that really sucks croft.

i hope the scum-tooth that did that to your car does in fact get sent to hell and is forced to repair car windows for all eternity.

crime in JC is absolutely out of control. it seems as though if you decide to live in JC for an extended period of time, your turn eventually comes to get your car damaged/robbed/stolen.

when i first moved to JC, my roommate's car was stolen during our third month in our apt.

Posted on: 2009/1/8 6:17

My car was broken into on Summit Ave between Journal and McGinley Squares
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
They smashed the passenger window, reached in and rummaged through my nearly empty glove box (I don't keep anything in my car) and overhead sunglass storage probably looking for a GPS. I have never even had a GPS or any mounts for one. They never entered the vehicle because the locks were all down, and if they had popped the passenger lock, the really annoying and loud alarm would have gone off. Of course this took a day out of my time, a day away from work, and money I don't have to replace a very large window (VW new beetle) for someone's guess at what I may have had in my glove box. Just a warning to anyone else in my neighborhood, keep your eyes peeled. Me and my dog will be staying in the living room keeping watch for other potential victims tonight. I hope whoever did this and continues to do these disgusting acts of criminal mischief to hard working people rots in hell.

Posted on: 2009/1/8 5:41

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017