Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
139 user(s) are online (118 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 139

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 4 »

Re: He's Back! Manzo running for Mayor - hopes the fifth time's the charm.
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/2/20 15:39
Group:
Registered Users
Telecom I have said very similar things on this subject in the past in this thread. I could not have said it nor covered the subject any better than you just have. Hopefuly Councilman Fulop who has been a source of strength in Jersey city over the past four years will not wait as you say for "four years to be well positioned"so he can run for mayor. If Steve does this our city will be critically damaged. As has been said, in the past Councilman Fulop endorsed and actively had his organization work for Louis Manzo's election to the State Senate against Sandra Cunningham in 2007. Unless Councilman Fulop can point to what Louis Manzo has done since 2007 to make him now undeseving of support in the mayoral race, the councilmans actions or lack of actions will smack of political posturing. Jersey City needs a mayor for the next four years to take us through these critically important times which we will be going through, and it will be a shame if Councilman Fulop puts his own political career before the importance of us having a competant administration over the next four years. As Teleco wrote Steve, please step up to the plate!

Posted on: 2009/1/17 11:28

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Telecomreg wrote:
Fulop has to step up to the plate here. We have a reform slate (so far) under Manzo, a mayoral candidate who is a progressive on policy issues and a very hard and tireless worker, and City Hall courting Fulop big time because they know they're seriously vulnerable. Manzo's policies are almost all consistent with Fulop's agenda. In contrast, Healy has been a thorn in Fulop's side for four years. He's embarrassed our city over and over, and his city council allies have been nasty and unsupportive of Steve from the beginning. You should see the way Healy's folks are courting him now. Unfortuantely, I think its working. We can't wait four years so Fulop will be "well positioned" to run for Mayor. We need to sweep this city government clean of Healy now, with Steve as city council president to tackle the serious issues that we'll be facing. Waiting on the sidelines is not an option and is selfish considering what we will be facing. Its also a vote for Healy.

Posted on: 2009/1/17 11:11

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/5/18 15:44
Group:
Registered Users
Fulop has to step up to the plate here. We have a reform slate (so far) under Manzo, a mayoral candidate who is a progressive on policy issues and a very hard and tireless worker, and City Hall courting Fulop big time because they know they're seriously vulnerable. Manzo's policies are almost all consistent with Fulop's agenda. In contrast, Healy has been a thorn in Fulop's side for four years. He's embarrassed our city over and over, and his city council allies have been nasty and unsupportive of Steve from the beginning. You should see the way Healy's folks are courting him now. Unfortuantely, I think its working. We can't wait four years so Fulop will be "well positioned" to run for Mayor. We need to sweep this city government clean of Healy now, with Steve as city council president to tackle the serious issues that we'll be facing. Waiting on the sidelines is not an option and is selfish considering what we will be facing. Its also a vote for Healy.

Posted on: 2009/1/17 3:05

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/7/5 13:14
Group:
Registered Users
A police officer with a law degree can only benefit the city which they serve.

Posted on: 2009/1/16 22:45

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/2/15 1:46
Group:
Registered Users
I have been watching the spirited debate between Samual and Ross_Ewage, and I have to say I believe that both writers make very good points with their arguments. I must say though that when Ross laments about Carroll earning a law degree on the city's "nickel" the focus of his complaint should really not be directed at Carroll. Carroll has only taken advantage of a benefit that is offered to all Jersey City Policce Officers (according to Samual), there is nothing unseemly or wrong for Carroll to excercise whats available to him under his labor contract. I think it would be more appropriate for Ross to direct his feelings more toward the entity (Jersey City) which provides the benefit which is the focus of his complaint.
One issue that Samual has raised was that Carrol was basically a family guy involved in his community through his church and through the schools. So far, I have not yet seen an objection to that part of Carrolls life from Ross_Ewage, and hopefully we won't.

Posted on: 2009/1/16 17:03

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Ross_Ewage wrote:
Quote:

samual wrote:
Yes, no doubt I do have an agenda. However my goal is good goverment, and good goverment includes good people, and Jim Carrol is one of those good people. As to your views that the city doesn't benefit by supplying its officers with incentives to continue their education, which they do on their "on their own time": These views are simply not consistant with the policies that exist in many major police departments across our nation, where educational opportunities are offered to their police officers as incentives to them to complete this training on their own time. So, you don't agree with me that a police officer having a law degree benefits the city, well I continue to disagree with you for reasons stated in my previous post. However, what really seems to bother you is that a police officer can make an extra buck by maybe doing a real estate closing. Quite frankly this would seem more like jealousy on your part than a reasoned response.

I am happy you agree with me that Robert Troy was a disasterous appointment by Mayor Healy. And yes, a well trained police officer in all aspects of the law can save the city millions of dollars in civil liability. I am not implying that , its a fact, just look at the money which untrained police officers across the country have cost their municipalities in legal fees and punitive damages etc...

Well, of course I'm jealous - who wouldn't be? But what bothers me, and what should bother anyone interested in less expensive government (which I assume qualifies as "good" government) is that my taxes are paying for more than just adequate police protection, but for expensive, unnecessary, and essentially self-serving education which does not benefit the city.

A sergeant on the beat, behind a desk, or supervising the radio room (and whatever else they do) simply has no need for a law degree. None whatsoever.

Sending cops for homeland security training - good.
Sending cops for forensics training - good.
Sending cops to learn foreign languages - good.

Paying for cops' career changes when they start to collect their pensions - not good. The fact that "everyone does it" doesn't make it right. And as our economy continues to tank, is it so unreasonable to ask someone to pay for their own education? Especially someone who makes over $100k/year? Really?

http://www.app.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?Category=data

"...just look at the money which untrained police officers across the country have cost their municipalities in legal fees and punitive damages etc". This points to the need for better on-the-job training, not the need to equip every beat copy with a J.D.

Posted on: 2009/1/16 16:47

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/8/19 21:53
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

samual wrote:
Yes, no doubt I do have an agenda. However my goal is good goverment, and good goverment includes good people, and Jim Carrol is one of those good people. As to your views that the city doesn't benefit by supplying its officers with incentives to continue their education, which they do on their "on their own time": These views are simply not consistant with the policies that exist in many major police departments across our nation, where educational opportunities are offered to their police officers as incentives to them to complete this training on their own time. So, you don't agree with me that a police officer having a law degree benefits the city, well I continue to disagree with you for reasons stated in my previous post. However, what really seems to bother you is that a police officer can make an extra buck by maybe doing a real estate closing. Quite frankly this would seem more like jealousy on your part than a reasoned response.

I am happy you agree with me that Robert Troy was a disasterous appointment by Mayor Healy. And yes, a well trained police officer in all aspects of the law can save the city millions of dollars in civil liability. I am not implying that , its a fact, just look at the money which untrained police officers across the country have cost their municipalities in legal fees and punitive damages etc...

Well, of course I'm jealous - who wouldn't be? But what bothers me, and what should bother anyone interested in less expensive government (which I assume qualifies as "good" government) is that my taxes are paying for more than just adequate police protection, but for expensive, unnecessary, and essentially self-serving education which does not benefit the city.

A sergeant on the beat, behind a desk, or supervising the radio room (and whatever else they do) simply has no need for a law degree. None whatsoever.

Sending cops for homeland security training - good.
Sending cops for forensics training - good.
Sending cops to learn foreign languages - good.

Paying for cops' career changes when they start to collect their pensions - not good. The fact that "everyone does it" doesn't make it right. And as our economy continues to tank, is it so unreasonable to ask someone to pay for their own education? Especially someone who makes over $100k/year? Really?

http://www.app.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?Category=data

"...just look at the money which untrained police officers across the country have cost their municipalities in legal fees and punitive damages etc". This points to the need for better on-the-job training, not the need to equip every beat copy with a J.D.

Posted on: 2009/1/16 0:04

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2009/1/15 23:40

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Ross_Ewage wrote:
Quote:

samual wrote:
Ross, yes you are correct when you say that Jersey City paid for Jim Carroll's law school.

Now I will tell you how Jim Carroll having a law degree benefits the taxpayers, which should be obvious to someone without an agenda. The City of Jersey City will pay for any police officer studying a criminal justice and law curriculum, this is contractual. Jim Carroll, a police sergeant has probably better than ten years to go before he retires. It certainly benefits the city to have its police superiors highly educated in the area of law, both from the perspectives of civil liability for the City as well as being highly trained in criminal law. Now, if Mayor Healy had recognized this, we would not have been burdened in the way we were with the appointment of Police Chief Robert Troy, who by the way has the city involved in FIVE very expensive law suits involving his improper actions. Count them again FIVE LAWSUITS.

Please stop throwing mud and inuendos at a guy like Jim Carroll just for the sake of throwing the mud. Think through what you are saying before you press the submit button.

Sammy, Sammy, Sammy

First and foremost - EVERYBODY (yourself included) has an agenda. Mine in this case is just to point out facts that may otherwise go unnoticed or unchallenged. Yours, apparently is to get Jim Carroll elected, and that's perfectly fine.

As for having attorney-cops, frankly, that's a stretch. Sure, police are supposed to understand the law, but they really don't need to go to law school (at what, $25-50k/year, and at taxpayer expense) to learn what they need. When was the last time you called 911 to negotiate a real estate closing? Seriously. So what if it's contractual? Is it right? Is it fair? My point is that the same system which allows multiple Gaughans on the payroll, will also allow Sgt. James Carroll, Esq. to collect a pension AND rake in attorney's fees.

Regarding Bobby Troy (a disastrous appointment, I agree), that's why the city has a law department, so please don't imply that having attorney-cops would have made any difference. The very idea is preposterous (x 5, count it 5 )

Posted on: 2009/1/15 23:22

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

samual wrote:
Ross, yes you are correct when you say that Jersey City paid for Jim Carroll's law school.

Now I will tell you how Jim Carroll having a law degree benefits the taxpayers, which should be obvious to someone without an agenda. The City of Jersey City will pay for any police officer studying a criminal justice and law curriculum, this is contractual. Jim Carroll, a police sergeant has probably better than ten years to go before he retires. It certainly benefits the city to have its police superiors highly educated in the area of law, both from the perspectives of civil liability for the City as well as being highly trained in criminal law. Now, if Mayor Healy had recognized this, we would not have been burdened in the way we were with the appointment of Police Chief Robert Troy, who by the way has the city involved in FIVE very expensive law suits involving his improper actions. Count them again FIVE LAWSUITS.

Please stop throwing mud and inuendos at a guy like Jim Carroll just for the sake of throwing the mud. Think through what you are saying before you press the submit button.

Sammy, Sammy, Sammy

First and foremost - EVERYBODY (yourself included) has an agenda. Mine in this case is just to point out facts that may otherwise go unnoticed or unchallenged. Yours, apparently is to get Jim Carroll elected, and that's perfectly fine.

As for having attorney-cops, frankly, that's a stretch. Sure, police are supposed to understand the law, but they really don't need to go to law school (at what, $25-50k/year, and at taxpayer expense) to learn what they need. When was the last time you called 911 to negotiate a real estate closing? Seriously. So what if it's contractual? Is it right? Is it fair? My point is that the same system which allows multiple Gaughans on the payroll, will also allow Sgt. James Carroll, Esq. to collect a pension AND rake in attorney's fees.

Regarding Bobby Troy (a disastrous appointment, I agree), that's why the city has a law department, so please don't imply that having attorney-cops would have made any difference. The very idea is preposterous (x 5, count it 5 )

Posted on: 2009/1/15 23:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/4/2 20:55
Group:
Registered Users
Has the matter of Jimmy King and his tenure as the head of the Jersey City Parking Authority been settled? Last I heard he left under a cloud regarding contributions from JCPA employees to erect billboards promoting his civic group and an investigatiion into the finances of the JCPA. Does anyone recall?

Posted on: 2009/1/15 20:39

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2009/1/15 14:24

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Ross_Ewage wrote:
Quote:

mrrogers wrote:
Quote:

Ross_Ewage wrote:
Quote:

So Carroll's a police sergeant, an attorney (more than likely on the city's nickel), is running for paid political office, and the Gaughan's are milking the system?

Carroll is a police officer who will have to take a leave of absence to be a councilmen.He does not have any legal work with the city nor county.
The gaughn family on the other hand have at least six jobs and three free cars with gas in the family.Big difference.

Just to clarify, the "city's nickel" refers to his law school being paid for by the city, similar to Bret's Chief of Staff Michael Cook. How it benefits the taxpayers to have a cop who's an attorney is beyond me. So, he'll have his police pension to go back to. Does he qualify for another pension if he becomes a councilman and serves 4 -8- 12 years?

Posted on: 2009/1/15 14:11

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

mrrogers wrote:
Quote:

Ross_Ewage wrote:
Quote:

So Carroll's a police sergeant, an attorney (more than likely on the city's nickel), is running for paid political office, and the Gaughan's are milking the system?

Carroll is a police officer who will have to take a leave of absence to be a councilmen.He does not have any legal work with the city nor county.
The gaughn family on the other hand have at least six jobs and three free cars with gas in the family.Big difference.

Just to clarify, the "city's nickel" refers to his law school being paid for by the city, similar to Bret's Chief of Staff Michael Cook. How it benefits the taxpayers to have a cop who's an attorney is beyond me. So, he'll have his police pension to go back to. Does he qualify for another pension if he becomes a councilman and serves 4 -8- 12 years?

Posted on: 2009/1/15 3:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/19 17:53
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Ross_Ewage wrote:
Quote:

mrrogers wrote:
Quote:

samual wrote:
I happen to know Jimmy Carroll. Jim is a lifelong Jersey City resident who lives in the heights with his family. Jim who is an attorney is very community spirited and involved with the schools, and he donates his proffesional services to the church. Jim is a police sergeant in Jersey City and a fine example of the youth and proffesionalism that should be reflected on the city council. this was a very very good pick for a very important council seat by Manzo.

Could't agree more on Jimmy Carroll.He is a real nice guy who has done a lot of great things in the heights.Sixteen years of Bill
Gaughan are more than enough.Streets are filthy up there and Gaughans whole family is on the payroll.I will defenitly Volunteer
some time to help Jimmy Carroll knock off Bill(four jobs)Gaughan.

Posted on: 2009/1/15 2:47

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

mrrogers wrote:
Quote:

samual wrote:
I happen to know Jimmy Carroll. Jim is a lifelong Jersey City resident who lives in the heights with his family. Jim who is an attorney is very community spirited and involved with the schools, and he donates his proffesional services to the church. Jim is a police sergeant in Jersey City and a fine example of the youth and proffesionalism that should be reflected on the city council. this was a very very good pick for a very important council seat by Manzo.

Could't agree more on Jimmy Carroll.He is a real nice guy who has done a lot of great things in the heights.Sixteen years of Bill
Gaughan are more than enough.Streets are filthy up there and Gaughans whole family is on the payroll.I will defenitly Volunteer

Posted on: 2009/1/15 1:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

samual wrote:

Posted on: 2009/1/15 0:44

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/1/19 14:11
Group:
Registered Users
Jmanny don't hold your breath, Fulop will never support Manzo, Carroll, King and Serranno this ticket is too much of a threat to Fulop's plans to run for mayor in 2013. Fulop wants this bozo Healy to win this mayor's election because it will give Fulop time to get better name recognition, and after another 4 more years of "Bozo" the mayor Fulop should have no problem just walking in. The downside of this plan is the devestating damage that is going to occur in our city if this current administration remains in power.

Posted on: 2009/1/14 19:44

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/1/19 14:11
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jmanny wrote:
Quote:

samual wrote:

If I am keeping score properly, weren't both Jimmy Carroll and Jimmy King both big Steven Fulop supporters over the past several years? In fact if my memory serves me correctly I think Jimmy Carroll actually allied with Councilman Fulop way back in 2007 and made a presentation to the city council regarding both the pay to play referendum and the dual job holder referendum. It would be great if Steve Fulop joined these guys and maybe we could finally some real change in City Goverment.

Posted on: 2009/1/14 19:35

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

samual wrote:

If I am keeping score properly, weren't both Jimmy Carroll and Jimmy King both big Steven Fulop supporters over the past several years? In fact if my memory serves me correctly I think Jimmy Carroll actually allied with Councilman Fulop way back in 2007 and made a presentation to the city council regarding both the pay to play referendum and the dual job holder referendum. It would be great if Steve Fulop joined these guys and maybe we could finally some real change in City Goverment.

Posted on: 2009/1/14 17:43

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2009/1/14 13:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Manzo: Meet three who'll run for council on my slate

Wednesday, January 14, 2009
By AGUSTIN C. TORRES
JERSEY JOURNAL

Former Assemblyman Louis Manzo yesterday introduced three City Council candidates who will be running on his slate in the May municipal election.

They are attorney and Police Sgt. James Carroll, 36, Ward D; former Parking Authority executive director and ex-Hudson County undersheriff Jimmy King, 66, Ward C; and school district accountant and former Jersey City Housing Authority chair Lori Serrano, at-large.

Manzo has six more candidates to make public and is apparently still trying to solidify several selections.

King, standard-bearer of the Jimmy King Civic Association, with a membership of more than 300 residents, has already been certified as a candidate after he submitted his petitions to City Clerk Robert Byrne.

Yesterday, the council hopefuls introduced themselves at The Jersey Journal's editorial offices. Manzo said the intention was to avoid a controlled setting for the announcement and to emphasize a need for an open and transparent government.

Manzo and his running mates called crime and safe streets the city's No. 1 priority.

King said he is focused on senior citizen issues, noting the elderly are afraid to leave their homes in the evenings.

"I also intend to work with schools Superintendent Charles T. Epps Jr. to solve the neighborhood problems at Dickinson High School, where police are called every day because of students fighting," King said.

Carroll added that the Police Department has limited resources and would benefit from policy changes, such as cutting the number of specialized units.

Serrano, a single mother with two children, voiced concerns about the lack of affordable housing.

The introduction of the trio came a day after former Mayor Bret Schundler announced he is not seeking to return to City Hall because his portfolio took a hit from the national economic crisis and he must work full-time to provide for his family.

"I feel for Bret," Manzo said. "He would have provided some interesting debates. I believe he still has much to contribute."

Posted on: 2009/1/14 10:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
http://www.politickernj.com/max/26540 ... jersey-city-forces-emerge

Manzo's Jersey City forces emerge

Resized Image
Then-31st District state Senate candidate Lou Manzo makes his pitch on the campaign trail in 1997.

Jersey City Mayoral candidate Lou Manzo issued a release today unveiling the first three of nine city council candidates committed to running on his slate.

Those candidates are attorney/cop Jim Carroll in Ward D; civic association leader Jimmy King in Ward C; and Public Schools Principal Account Clerk Lori Serrano for an at-large seat.

?These three candidates represent samplings of our diverse city,? said Manzo, a former assemblyman who ran for the state senate in 1997 and lost to state Sen. Sandra Cunningham (D-Hudson). ?Clearly, this ticket will be composed of leaders who are not afraid to fight for Jersey City. I am proud to stand alongside these three individuals, as we move forward to make Jersey City a better place to live, work and raise families.

?As evidenced by the goals of these candidates, we intend to combat crime, jump start the regional economy and create jobs for local residents,? Manzo added.

Jersey City Mayor Jerramiah Healy is running for reelection to a second, four-year term against challengers who include Manzo and Assemblyman L. Harvey Smith (D-Jersey City).

Max Pizarro is a PolitickerNJ.com Reporter and can be reached via email at max@politicsnj.com.
==============

Manzo picks three running mates
By Wally Edge

Former Assemblyman Louis Manzo, a candidate for Mayor of Jersey City, today announced three City Council candidates who will run on his slate in the May municipal election: former Jersey City Housing Authority Chair Lori Serrano will run At-Large, retired Jersey City Police Sergeant Jim Carroll will seek the Ward D seat against incumbent William Gaughan, and former Hudson County Undersheriff Jimmy King will challenge incumbent Steve Lipski in Ward C.

Manzo is making his sixth bid for Mayor. He lost races in 1992, 1993, 2001, 2004, and 2005.

Lipski, who is being prosecuted for public urination in Washington, D.C., was dumped from Mayor Jerramiah Healy?s slate. Healy will run with Nydia Rivera, the wife of former Jersey City Councilman Ben Lopez.

Posted on: 2009/1/14 1:16

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/2/15 1:47
Group:
Registered Users
Mr. Rogers, I think I did pretty good with that, don't you. Thanks for the lesson.

Posted on: 2008/12/24 11:47

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

mrrogers wrote:
Quote:

samual wrote:
Mr. Rogers, in post number 11 which you tell us that "Manzo's only shot is to make a deal with Fulop" then you ask "Anyone here (on the forum) think Fulop should back Manzo?

Now, in your most recent post you now complain that people are answering your "survey", perhaps not the answers you would have preferred.

In any event, I think Louis Manzo is an interesting and real candidate worth taking a look at. And, I intend to consider all candidates with the exception of Healy.

Samual as i just posted to your freind Omar its hard to follow along if i have to go back and reread my old post.Since its quite clear this thread will be here till may you guys may want to figure out how to quote.

Now to answer your statement i didn't dislike any of the answers.You just seem a bit to pushy on the Manzo front.

Its funny both Manzo and Schundler have both been Quoted as seeking Fulops support can you tell me how Manzo will do this.

Mr. Rogers, as to your post above responding to Samual whom you call my friend. I read it five times, I don't know what it means. However, I will work on getting the quote thing down as you say. Hopefully my friend "Samual" will also get it down Tom.

Posted on: 2008/12/24 11:46

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Mr. Rogers, I think you missed my point. My post wasn't about Steve Fulop who I think has been a good councilman. Nor was I writing about Louis Manzo who I think was a good Assemblyman.

I was asking a legitimate question. Tqwert2 had written in his post that Schundler was the good Goverment candidate. I dispute that assertion, Schundler has a $180,000.00 debt from his previous campaign. It has been written that the firms and interests that had loaned him the money are willing to forgive this debt. I raise a legitimate question when I as why these debts would be excused? Why would anyone forgive a $180,000.00 in debt? Could it be that if Schundler were to become Mayor he would steer city contracts to those firms and interests he owed money to? If that were to be the case would that not make Bret Schundler (the alleged good goverment candidate) the quintessential "PAY TO PLAY CANDIDATE".

Again, if you review the post I wrote in response to Tqwert2 you will see that it was entirely about Bret Schundler. I know you like Steve Fulop, so do I. However I was not writing about Steve Fulop or Lou Manzo, I was writing about Bret Schundler.

Posted on: 2008/12/24 11:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

omar wrote:
Calm down big guy. If you have a passion for Schundler thats great. However, you need to give him some money to run because he has none. In addition, if he does obtain some money to run wouldn't it be proper to pay off the $180,000.00 he still owes from his prior Gubernatorial campaign. I have read that the special interests and firms that had loaned his previous Gubernatorial campaign the $ 180,000.00 don't even want their money back. HMMMMM, wonder why, does "pay to play" ring a bell. Sorry, just thinking out loud. Oh, by the way has Schundler found anyone that will run for council with him?

Omar can you tell us one single candidate that Manzo has on his ticket.Both he and Scundler seem to be staking their whole campaigns on getting Fulop on their side.A very weak strategy indeed.

Posted on: 2008/12/24 1:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

samual wrote:
Mr. Rogers, in post number 11 which you tell us that "Manzo's only shot is to make a deal with Fulop" then you ask "Anyone here (on the forum) think Fulop should back Manzo?

Now, in your most recent post you now complain that people are answering your "survey", perhaps not the answers you would have preferred.

In any event, I think Louis Manzo is an interesting and real candidate worth taking a look at. And, I intend to consider all candidates with the exception of Healy.

Samual as i just posted to your freind Omar its hard to follow along if i have to go back and reread my old post.Since its quite clear this thread will be here till may you guys may want to figure out how to quote.

Now to answer your statement i didn't dislike any of the answers.You just seem a bit to pushy on the Manzo front.

Its funny both Manzo and Schundler have both been Quoted as seeking Fulops support can you tell me how Manzo will do this.

Posted on: 2008/12/24 1:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

omar wrote:
Mr. Rogers, you wrote:
Lou Manzo would have made a better State Senator than Sandy Cunningham,his wonkishness is best suited to trenton.Those same attributes may not be best displayed as Mayor.

1) Yes I agree, Louis Manzo would have made a better State Senator than Sandy Cunningham, and Louis Manzo would certainly make a better Mayor than Jerry Healy.

2) I disagree with you that the attributes Louis Manzo displayed in the Assembly would not be translate into a succesfull Mayoral term.

Furthermore, Louis Manzo seems to have a work ethic and a commitment to Jersey City, and HE IS SOBER. Jerry Healy has been an embarrasment to our city and hopefully he will be removed by the voters.

Omar this is how we reply to other people here.Its called a quote,makes it easier to follow along.

I never said Manzo would not make a good Mayor,i have known him for twenty years but he tends to be a little quirky and is a much better legislator than an adminstrater.I also don't care for his association with Ex Mayor McCann.

That being said i have by no means made up my mind but you may want to try the soft sell over the strong arm sales pitch.

Posted on: 2008/12/24 0:53

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2008/12/24 0:40

« 1 (2) 3 4 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017