Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
130 user(s) are online (111 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 130

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Lincoln Park: Suspect flubs Bank of America heist, then cops nab him
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/3/7 21:06
Group:
Registered Users
Too funny.

Moral of the story: Use the "let me check with my manager" method of dealing with bank robbers.

Posted on: 2008/12/11 21:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/15 16:41
Group:
Registered Users
There is a lesson to be learned for all you would-be-bankrobbers out there. If you are going to try and rob a bank, and fail, at least go home and change your clothes. You could also do yourself a favor and get rid of the note. You know, just in cases.

Posted on: 2008/12/11 16:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/5/23 10:53
Group:
Registered Users
Pretty funny, I like that!!!

Posted on: 2008/12/11 16:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/13 17:19
From time to time
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
The teller took the note to his manager, who told him to walk away from his window, which he did. As the teller left, the robber yelled "Excuse me, lady" to the manager, but then walked out empty handed, reports said.

Posted on: 2008/12/11 16:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/5/23 10:53
Group:
Registered Users
Damn & I was just there a few min before he must of walked in.

Posted on: 2008/12/11 15:04

Lincoln Park: Suspect flubs Bank of America heist, then cops nab him
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Suspect's bad day: Flubs bank heist, then cops nab him

Thursday, December 11, 2008
By MICHAELANGELO CONTE
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

A convicted Jersey City drug dealer was arrested yesterday, minutes after trying to rob a city bank, by sharp-eyed officers who spotted him on the street and chased him after a scuffle, officials said.

Eric Timothy Boyd, 40, of Van Nostrand Avenue, was arrested on Monticello Avenue about a half hour after the 11:13 a.m. robbery attempt at Bank of America on Kennedy Boulevard at Harrison Avenue, officials said.

He was charged with robbery, aggravated assault on a police officer, resisting arrest and obstructing a government function, reports said.

Plainclothes officers on patrol at Bergen and Fairmount avenues spotted Boyd and realized his hooded sweatshirt with "New York" written all over it and a dark NY Yankees cap matched the description of the bank robber, reports said.

Plainclothes officers John Bove and Michael Myers jumped out their police cruiser and stopped Boyd as uniformed officer Anthony Ruocco arrived, reports said.

Boyd shoved Ruocco and took off running, turning onto Storms Avenue and then Monticello, where Myers ordered him to the ground at gunpoint, reports said.

During a search police found Boyd was carrying a note reading "This is a Robbery Put All the Money in the Bag," reports said.

The bank teller identified Boyd as the man who walked up to his window and passed him the note and a bag, reports said.

The teller took the note to his manager, who told him to walk away from his window, which he did. As the teller left, the robber yelled "Excuse me, lady" to the manager, but then walked out empty handed, reports said.

Boyd was in state prison from Feb. 21, 2003 to May 5, 2005 on convictions for resisting arrest and drug possession with intent to distribute within 1,000 feet of a school, officials said. He has additional convictions for drug possession, possession of drug paraphernalia and resisting arrest, officials said.

Posted on: 2008/12/11 12:25

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017