Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
107 user(s) are online (94 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 107

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: Cops: Halloween mischief maker arrested on charges he spread false reports of gang violence
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/12/13 17:44
From Hamilton Park(ish)
Group:
Banned
Quote:

GrovePath wrote:
I have nothing to retract - and it is naive to believe some urban hoax about a gang initiation where 36 girls need to be shot.

I am off this thread though!

Quote:

jillianp wrote:
Quote:

GrovePath wrote:
Quote:

jillianp wrote:

So then, what is the point of you stating that I started the post? I mean, besides you showing how acute you are. I am curious...

My point was that the young man posting under the name of "Tom" did not start the tread -- it was a reaction to GW's post.

Even at the time, I always assumed you were just naively reacting to an urban hoax floating around the schools -- something your husband reported to you -- and I think that is obvious to anyone who reads the tread.

Wow thanks GP for retracting your statement and calling me naive...this just keeps getting better!

Why don't you call the JC school officials who were trying to protect their young women and tell them they were being naive as well? I am sure they would love to hear from you...their parents too.

Posted on: 2008/12/2 16:32

Re: Cops: Halloween mischief maker arrested on charges he spread false reports of gang violence
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
I have nothing to retract - and it is naive to believe some urban hoax about a gang initiation where 36 girls need to be shot.

I am off this thread though!

Quote:

jillianp wrote:
Quote:

GrovePath wrote:
Quote:

jillianp wrote:

So then, what is the point of you stating that I started the post? I mean, besides you showing how acute you are. I am curious...

My point was that the young man posting under the name of "Tom" did not start the tread -- it was a reaction to GW's post.

Even at the time, I always assumed you were just naively reacting to an urban hoax floating around the schools -- something your husband reported to you -- and I think that is obvious to anyone who reads the tread.

Wow thanks GP for retracting your statement and calling me naive...this just keeps getting better!

Posted on: 2008/12/2 16:30

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park(ish)
Group:
Banned
Quote:

GrovePath wrote:
Quote:

jillianp wrote:

Posted on: 2008/12/2 16:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/2/7 17:42
From Ward E - Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

GrovePath wrote:
My point was that the young man posting under the name of "Tom" did not start the tread.

Even at the time, I always assumed you were just naively reacting to an urban hoax floating around the schools -- something your blah blah blah blah blah...

Grovepath, is there something wrong with you? Don't you know when to shut up?

Posted on: 2008/12/2 16:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jillianp wrote:

Even at the time, I always assumed you were just naively reacting to an urban hoax floating around the schools -- something your husband reported to you -- and I think that is obvious to anyone who reads the original thread.

BTW - I am done responding to this thread.

Quote:
jillianp wrote:
"My husband tutors a highschool girl that goes to an all girls high school in JC, and apparently they were let out early today because the bloods and/or crips are to kill 35 girls for gang initiation tonight.

Does this happen every year or what? I tried to look it up online but can't find a source.

Posted on: 2008/12/2 16:22

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park(ish)
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
I totally agree with JillianP. GP wondered why the cops went after this kid "alone". This seems to imply that others did something wrong and you called JillianP out by name. That was a cheap shot. Maybe GP just needs to choose his words more carefully next time?

Just let it be a lesson that you should not post any questions about what may be happening in Jersey City...you can only post Jersey Journal news clippings a day or two after the fact.

Posted on: 2008/12/2 16:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
I totally agree with JillianP. GP wondered why the cops went after this kid "alone". This seems to imply that others did something wrong and you called JillianP out by name. That was a cheap shot. Maybe GP just needs to choose his words more carefully next time?

Posted on: 2008/12/2 16:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/15 16:41
Group:
Registered Users
Jillian,

Please don't self ban yourself. There is a lack of actual discourse on this site and you help elevate the site. I think Grove was simply taken out of context and did not mean to imply you were one of the bad posters. This whole situation stinks thanks to some idiot 19-year-old. It ends there.

Posted on: 2008/12/2 16:16

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park(ish)
Group:
Banned
Quote:

GrovePath wrote:
No i did not - read more carefully -- I only stated that you were the OP not this kid who was arrested.

In the tread itself you accuse another poster of being one and the same as "Tom" the handle the kid used.

Anyone interested should go and re-read the original thread.

http://jclist.com/modules/newbb/viewt ... =ASC&type=&mode=0&start=0

Quote:

jillianp wrote:
GP, you were obviously stating in your other post that I was somehow responsible...

If this thread caused so many problems and the police took action...why is it still accessible on the site? Doesn't that defeat the purpose?

Posted on: 2008/12/2 16:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

GrovePath wrote:
I only said that Jillian was the OP - not that she was trying to start a hoax...

Any reasonable person would assume from your post that you beleive that jillianp is also responsible. Maybe you should stop posting for awhile, you're digging yourself into a deeper hole.

Posted on: 2008/12/2 16:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
No i did not - read more carefully -- I only stated that you were the OP not this kid who was arrested.

In the tread itself you accuse another poster of being "Tom" (the handle the kid used) so it seems likely he was posting under more than one handle at the time.

Anyone interested should go and re-read the original thread.

Quote:

jillianp wrote:
GP, you were obviously stating in your other post that I was somehow responsible...

If this thread caused so many problems and the police took action...why is it still accessible on the site? Doesn't that defeat the purpose?

Posted on: 2008/12/2 16:13

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park(ish)
Group:
Banned
Quote:

GrovePath wrote:
I only said that Jillian was the OP - not that she was trying to start a hoax. I agree with GW that there were other posters who really pushed this rumor/hoax - I also pointed out that this kid who was arrested might have posted under more than one screen name.

People should go back and read the thread itself!

Also, I was under the impression that a Forum such as JClist is a place to collect and verify information. I was not spreading a rumor...just wondering if there was something going on that I was not previously aware of. On the contrary, I have found that JClist is mainly ok posting news after things have happened in JC instead of preventing it.

Posted on: 2008/12/2 16:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I only said that Jillian was the OP - not that she was trying to start a hoax. I agree with GW that there were other posters who really pushed this rumor/hoax and not just naively alarmed -- I also pointed out that this kid who was arrested might have posted under more than just this one screen name and that we likely won't know for a while.

People should go back and read the original thread itself!

Posted on: 2008/12/2 16:06

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park(ish)
Group:
Banned
Quote:

GrovePath wrote:
Yeah the person who started this thread was Jillianp (see posting below)

I'm not sure why the police went after this one kid alone - but maybe the cops know that he did more -- perhaps he posted under more than one screen name or something -- I doubt the webmaster can comment on any of this - but we will all know in time.

Quote:

jillianp wrote:
"My husband tutors a highschool girl that goes to an all girls high school in JC, and apparently they were let out early today because the bloods and/or crips are to kill 35 girls for gang initiation tonight.

Does this happen every year or what? I tried to look it up online but can't find a source.

Quote:

GeorgeWBush wrote:
...if you go through that thread there were others who fed the fire on this one..... In fact, the guy that got busted isn't even the first one who claimed to have gotten information from a cop... 5 shot in Bayonne. 2 shot in Harrison... that claim came from someone laughing on the current thread... or at least that person said they heard it from a co-worker. Did that also prove to be untrue?

The guy who was arrested said in a later post that he was listening to his scanner & heard nothing about the shootings.

Obviously mens rea will be paramount- if you pull a fire alarm in a theater when there's no fire, but you thought there was a fire, it is not a crime. You could be an over-reacting drama queen, but fortunately (or unfortunately) that is not indictable...

Grove Path, let me speak up for myself here. I do not appreciate your sideways attacks. All I did was ask a question regarding Mischief Night. I was in no way implying that people would be killed or had been killed or that anyone else should give out false information about people being killed. I do not get caught up in such nonsense. I was wondering if this information was accurate, since a highschool girl my husband tutors was let out of her school early. That is a fact. Schools had closed down due to rumors. So, to all of you who think that I had something to do with this ridiculous post or that I somehow am responsible for "Tom's" rumor mill, you are grossly incorrect.
PS- I am gladly banning myself from this site since there are so many people on here who seem like they are out to hurt others. Nice knowing y'all

Posted on: 2008/12/2 15:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/15 16:41
Group:
Registered Users
I see what you are talking about GWB. I wonder if those unnamed posters were just alts of "tom"?

Anyhoo, good to see the police are actually doing something. I never bought it, but some did, and were legitimately scared. Is Tom banned?

Posted on: 2008/12/2 15:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/14 0:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

super_furry wrote:
Quote:

GeorgeWBush wrote:
...be careful what you wish for/laugh about. Believe it or not, this site now could be considered a crime scene. All of the posts on that thread, for good or for ill, are now evidence, and as such cannot be destroyed without penalty.

WRONG GWB. The prosecutor and police obviously have the thread archived. Even if the Webmaster deletes the thread, which is his right, it still exists.

Easy, man :) You could be right, but that would be similar to saying "a photograph of the knife exists- throw out the knife". I am pretty sure Falcon's been asked to leave it alone. If for no other reason than to avoid a defense lawyer from making it an issue.

Having said that- I'd guess this is going to get plead out, or if the kid has no record, diverted in some way.

As far as Jillian- Yeah she's not really who I was talking about. If her husband said/saw whatever, that's provable. Either school let out early or it didn't, either there were kids talking about this or they weren't. I was more talking about those who said "I heard about this shooting", etc. Specifically, another poster who claimed to have a friend on the force..... unless it was all the same dude posting multiple accounts, of course.

Go back & read the original thread post by post, you'll see what I'm talking about.

GWB

Posted on: 2008/12/2 15:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

GrovePath wrote:

I'm not sure why the police went after this one kid alone...

There's a difference. It is clear that Jillianp did not intentionally spread false information, and she is not an anonymous poster.

Posted on: 2008/12/2 15:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 3:29
Group:
Banned
Quote:

GrovePath wrote:

I'm not sure why the police went after this one kid alone - but maybe the cops know that he did more -- perhaps he posted under more than one screen name or something -- I doubt the webmaster can comment on any of this - but we will all know in time.

Quote:

jillianp wrote:

Quote:

GeorgeWBush wrote:
...if you go through that thread there were others who fed the fire on this one..... In fact, the guy that got busted isn't even the first one who claimed to have gotten information from a cop... 5 shot in Bayonne. 2 shot in Harrison... that claim came from someone laughing on the current thread... or at least that person said they heard it from a co-worker. Did that also prove to be untrue?

The guy who was arrested said in a later post that he was listening to his scanner & heard nothing about the shootings.

Obviously mens rea will be paramount- if you pull a fire alarm in a theater when there's no fire, but you thought there was a fire, it is not a crime. You could be an over-reacting drama queen, but fortunately (or unfortunately) that is not indictable...

What Jillian posted was a question, not an implied threat or a blatant lie. There is a difference.

I was on that thread that night and Tom's multiple posts and continued lies perpetuated the threat and the concern. It was his doing, no one else's.

Posted on: 2008/12/2 15:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
It is obvious that JillianP was just trying to get info on a rumor that she and many other people had been hearing about. This TOM character was simply feeding the rumor mill for his own pleasure. The difference is obvious and to imply that anyone else is as guilty as this guy is dead wrong.

Posted on: 2008/12/2 15:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

GeorgeWBush wrote:
...be careful what you wish for/laugh about. Believe it or not, this site now could be considered a crime scene. All of the posts on that thread, for good or for ill, are now evidence, and as such cannot be destroyed without penalty.

WRONG GWB. The prosecutor and police obviously have the thread archived. Even if the Webmaster deletes the thread, which is his right, it still exists.

Posted on: 2008/12/2 15:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Quote:

jillianp wrote:

Quote:

GeorgeWBush wrote:

Posted on: 2008/12/2 14:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/14 0:06
Group:
Registered Users
The dude Tom was obviously a douche. But if you go through that thread there were others who fed the fire on this one..... In fact, the guy that got busted isn't even the first one who claimed to have gotten information from a cop... 5 shot in Bayonne. 2 shot in Harrison... that claim came from someone laughing on the current thread... or at least that person said they heard it from a co-worker. Did that also prove to be untrue?

Obviously mens rea will be paramount- if you pull a fire alarm in a theater when there's no fire, but you thought there was a fire, it is not a crime. You could be an over-reacting drama queen, but fortunately (or unfortunately) that is not indictable.

Anyway, even Chief Comey, while debunking the rumors overall, asked the Hudson County Sheriff's dept to add some manpower at school- and rightly so. His thinking probably was that this could end up being self fulfilling- Like idiot gangsters who watched The Godfather & suddenly knew how to "act", thugs could hear these stories and think it's the way it's "done". So kudos to JCPD/ HCSD for being safe rather than sorry & getting out there to show the flag.

His defense will obviously point that out, along with the postings of some others here who claimed to have "information". Were I one of those who did so, I would be just a little bit concerned that a defense attorney will insist that they also be identified, if for no other reason than to illustrate exactly what level of behavior triggers a criminal charge.

Be careful what you wish for/laugh about. Believe it or not, this site now could be considered a crime scene. All of the posts on that thread, for good or for ill, are now evidence, and as such cannot be destroyed without penalty.

We obviously only know as much about this story as was in the thread & what is now in the Journal. This is a felony charge. I am not saying it is unwarranted. I am saying it is very serious & will cause this kid serious problems for the rest of his life, even if it's dismissed.

Edit to add: Kudos to Falcon for his general policy of keeping things anonymous as much as he can. He's In this case he had absolutely no choice unless he wanted to spend some time in front of a judge. That's the reality. Act accordingly.

Obviously the issuing authority for that supoena feels that this particular instance rose to criminality.

GWB

Posted on: 2008/12/2 14:38

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/12/3 0:37
From Paulus Hook
Group:
Registered Users
There are so few times in life when we get to witness someone getting their true, just desserts in such an appropriate and public fashion.

It gives me great pleasure seeing the self-satisfied smirk slapped from the smug face of this pimply prankster.

Posted on: 2008/12/2 14:33

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park(ish)
Group:
Banned
Quote:

greenville wrote:
PWND! Greenvillechick is going die when she hears this!

I almost died when I heard this...

Posted on: 2008/12/2 13:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

icechute wrote:
Dachshund killed in Hamilton Park!!!!!

I would welcome any investigation in that case. In other words, bring it.

Posted on: 2008/12/2 13:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/4/29 16:55
Group:
Registered Users
Awesome!! Justice served, good job!!

Posted on: 2008/12/2 11:56

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/10/19 19:54
Group:
Registered Users
hahaha PWND! what a dummy!!! mj is the sh*t!!!

Posted on: 2008/12/2 5:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/7 20:21
Group:
Registered Users
PWND! Greenvillechick is going die when she hears this!

Posted on: 2008/12/2 5:00
ಠ_ಠ

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/28 17:36
Group:
Banned
Dachshund killed in Hamilton Park!!!!!

Posted on: 2008/12/2 4:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/2 19:00
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
This is the thread ... it should be a lesson to many that hiding behind a screen name doesn't protect you from spreading false information. What a way to learn a lesson... yikes!

Posted on: 2008/12/2 4:24

« 1 (2) 3 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017