Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
117 user(s) are online (101 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 117

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 »

Re: Can anyone in local goverment hold thier drink (Lipski this time)?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Shouldn't he have been smoking weed?

Posted on: 2008/11/11 3:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 20:41
Group:
Banned
not to defend him, but has anyone posting here gotten really really drunk? like to the point where you black out and dont remember anything at all? some people can drink an entire night and not black out. others can chug a few beers and not remember anything at all. some can funnel beers and act like a clown with friends... others get belligerently drunk and angry. alcohol affects different people different ways. again, not saying he is excused (especially if he is an admitted alcoholic, he shouldnt be drinking excessively or at all to begin with), but i've seen alcohol do some pretty weird stuff to people.

Posted on: 2008/11/11 3:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/19 17:53
Group:
Registered Users
Admit you pied on someone and then you can ask forgiveness.
Otherwise go f __k your self you lieing rat bastard.

Posted on: 2008/11/11 3:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Lipski thought he was there to provide a golden shower for the patrons as he does at private cityhall functions !

Posted on: 2008/11/11 3:12
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/30 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
Well, this headline from gawker.com is pretty good:

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Hero Jersey Pol Pisses Off DC

When does America care about a Jersey City Councilman? When a Jersey City Councilman urinates on people in Washington, DC. Steven Lipski was arrested in our nation's capital this weekend, because he went to the 9:30 Club...

http://gawker.com/5082120/hero-jersey-pol-pisses-off-dc

Posted on: 2008/11/11 2:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
...and it was an "all ages show!"

but on a lighter note -- I had to laugh at this title.

=====================

Urine Luck At 9:30 Club

A councilman from Jersey City, N.J., gave "pea-brained" a whole new meaning...

http://www.pollstar.com/news/viewnews.pl?NewsID=11790

Posted on: 2008/11/11 2:04

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/6/5 13:19
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
I totally agree with caj11. First of all, this could not happen to anyone. I don't care how much I drank, I would never urinate on someone. EVER. And, I truly believe that the majority of the rest of the human race would not do such a thing. I know I keep posting on this thread, but I find this very disturbing. How would people feel if they had child and their child's teacher was arrested for urinating ON PEOPLE?? He should resign.

Posted on: 2008/11/11 1:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/30 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
Was anyone on this board at tonight's council meeting? I wanted to be there but got home too late from work.

Even if he has owned up to what he did, that doesn't excuse it. If he wants to remain our "friend and humble public servant" that's fine... he can always be voted out of his council seat but it is disgraceful for him to remain Executive Director of a public high school. Its like it sends a message to high school kids that it's all right to be drunk in public and pee on people. Very poor role model. If Mr. Lipski is truly sorry for what he did, he will resign from the charter school. I don't care if he founded it.

For those people defending Mr. Lipski along the lines of "he's human, he makes mistakes" and "this could happen to anybody", you may be right but not every human is a politician. Politicians, whose salaries and expenses are paid out of our tax dollars and are meant to be leaders of the community, need to be held to a higher standard than the general population. Why hasn't anyone stated the obvious yet? Probably because it may never happen in Jersey City.

I want to keep this story alive for as long as possible. I'm sick of this crap - first, it's Mayor Healy's incident in Bradley Beach, then Willie Flood and her drug-dealing son, then Kabili Tayiri and the rental car and now Mr. Lipski - where does it end?

Posted on: 2008/11/11 1:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/8/15 13:56
Group:
Banned
http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... ki_i_am_an_alcoholic.html

Lipski: 'I am an alcoholic'
by The Jersey Journal
Monday November 10, 2008, 6:27 PM

Conner Jay/The Jersey Journal
Jersey City Councilman Steve Lipski leaves his CREATE Charter School this evening, on the way to the Jersey City council caucus where he read a statement acknowledging he is an alcoholic.
Acknowledging that he is an alcoholic, Jersey City Councilman Steve Lipski addressed the council caucus this evening, apologizing to everyone affected by the incident Friday night in which he is accused of urinating onto fellow concertgoers in a Washington, D.C., club.

Here is the text of his statement:

First and foremost I want to apologize to everyone who has been affected by this mess, especially my wife, the mayor, my colleagues on the council, my constituents, my students and staff at CREATE Charter School and fellow Deadheads. I am truly sorry. Against my attorney's advice I have decided to give a brief statement about circumstances leading up to and following the incident at the Nightclub 9:30 on the night of November 7, 2008. I cannot and will not speak about what actually happened at the club because this matter is still under investigation.
On November 7, 2008, I, with two very close friends, one of whom I have known since kindergarten and had gone to Dead shows back in the '70s and '80s, drove to Washington, D.C., to see Dark Star Orchestra, a Grateful Dead cover band. Having had two years of sobriety, not having to drive, and being with two of my closest friends in the world, I decided to drink alcohol. This was my biggest mistake.

You see, I am an alcoholic, but I had not drunk for two years. I fell off the wagon. Flipped. Crashed. Burned. Whatever one might want to label it, I screwed up.

I'm unsure how the staff at Nightclub 9:30 can say that I had been belligerent and drunk the past few Dark Star Orchestra shows I had seen there when in fact I had been sober.

Since returning to New Jersey, I have gone to two AA meetings, found a new sponsor and have begun working a vigorous program with my wife and my higher power as the co-pilot and I do not plan on rationalizing away my sobriety ever again.

The media is correct in stating that I have not returned their calls. I did this for two reasons.

One, I'm on counsel's advice; and two, I wanted the opportunity to speak directly with you, my family, friends, neighbors, colleagues, constituents, students and staff first.

These past few days have been some of the hardest in my life. I never want to relive them, so I am asking you to help keep me honest and sober. By sharing with you publicly that I am an alcoholic, I will no longer have to hide in the shadow of my disease but I can begin to be liberated. That is the most important reason why I felt I needed to be forthright with you.

To those of you who have comforted my wife and me, I thank you very much. I shall never forget it.

Regardless of the outcome of the legal aspect of this mess, I will still always be your friend and humble servant. Thank you!

Posted on: 2008/11/11 1:22

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jennymayla wrote:
Quote:

PBW wrote:
Here are some posts from the band's forum:

I can confirm. We were standing on the left side of the floor and all of a sudden my friend gets pissed on by this jack-ass from the balcony. A drink pouring out of someone's hand would look a lot different than an arching stream of piss-and that's what it was. The crowd cleared out a circle on the floor and starting pointing up at the balcony to this dude. We all saw it and there is no denying what it was...sad part was that it took the club about five minutes to actually kick this guy out...and then another ten minutes to clean it up off the floor.

I was two feet away from his "target zone", if you will. No doubt about it, he took his dick out for all to see and pissed for the better part of what seemed like a couple of minutes, but I'm sure was more like half a minute. You don't spill a drink in a wildly aimed stream like a supersoaker.

I was gonna stay out of this, but Steve lying about the whole situation, and saying he spilled drinks on people really pisses me off (no pun intended). I was there, I saw him do it, and I actually got hit on my lower stomach and leg by his stream of never-ending piss... Luckily, I was not the young lady who was near by me who got completely soaked in urine..
Everyone deserves a second chance, but own up to your mistakes... spilling drinks on people, #OOPS#ing bullshit!! You got drunk, you pulled your dick out, you urinated on a bunch of people below you, including me, and now you're trying to cover your ass by lying about it and acting like it's no big deal... in my opinion, you deserve to get chewed out by others.

Holy sh*t -- how much pee was there?!?!?!? Sounds like a firehose!

Haaaa...maybe he didn't "break the seal" all night so it was a really BIIIGGGG LONGGGG pee. What a loser. Stand on line like the rest of us!!!

Posted on: 2008/11/11 1:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 3:29
Group:
Banned
Quote:

PBW wrote:

I can confirm. We were standing on the left side of the floor and all of a sudden my friend gets pissed on by this jack-ass from the balcony. A drink pouring out of someone's hand would look a lot different than an arching stream of piss-and that's what it was. The crowd cleared out a circle on the floor and starting pointing up at the balcony to this dude. We all saw it and there is no denying what it was...sad part was that it took the club about five minutes to actually kick this guy out...and then another ten minutes to clean it up off the floor.

I was two feet away from his "target zone", if you will. No doubt about it, he took his dick out for all to see and pissed for the better part of what seemed like a couple of minutes, but I'm sure was more like half a minute. You don't spill a drink in a wildly aimed stream like a supersoaker.

I was gonna stay out of this, but Steve lying about the whole situation, and saying he spilled drinks on people really pisses me off (no pun intended). I was there, I saw him do it, and I actually got hit on my lower stomach and leg by his stream of never-ending piss... Luckily, I was not the young lady who was near by me who got completely soaked in urine..
Everyone deserves a second chance, but own up to your mistakes... spilling drinks on people, #OOPS#ing bullshit!! You got drunk, you pulled your dick out, you urinated on a bunch of people below you, including me, and now you're trying to cover your ass by lying about it and acting like it's no big deal... in my opinion, you deserve to get chewed out by others.

Holy sh*t -- how much pee was there?!?!?!? Sounds like a firehose!

Posted on: 2008/11/11 1:16

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/1/5 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
I'm not usually one to give the Jersey Journal credit for much of anything, but I think the copy editor deserves a drink for this:

Resized Image

Posted on: 2008/11/11 1:02

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/20 13:44
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Wow... His story was just on the "Fox Report with Shepard Smith". Lipski's gonna be a household name with a few more days of this.

Posted on: 2008/11/11 0:38

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/4/8 5:29
Group:
Banned
peeing on people is a sin. even if it's just stinking grateful deadhead hippies. i went to this dark star orchestra website and this is what i found. everybody there loves mr. lipski even if he pees on them. he posts there under the name jersey steve.

jerseysteve appreciation thread

Posted on: 2008/11/11 0:27

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/7/19 16:57
Group:
Registered Users
They just showed his apology on the 7PM NBC news. He apologized to his wife, the kids at the school, the mayor and council, and fellow deadheads. Chuck Scarborough also reported that he admitted to being an alcoholic.

Posted on: 2008/11/11 0:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/11/1 17:27
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2008/11/10 23:47

Re: Lipski's reign: CBS News -- N.J. Lawmaker Denies Urinating On Concertgoers
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
N.J. Lawmaker Denies Urinating On Concertgoers

Councilman Steve Lipski Heads To Court In January To Face Simple Assault Charge

Reporting
Christine Sloan

JERSEY CITY, N.J. (CBS) ― A Jersey City lawmaker charged with simple assault told colleagues he's innocent.

Councilman Steven Lipski, 44, found himself under arrest this past Friday at a Grateful Dead tribute band concert after police say he urinated on a number of fans. Instead, he told fellow council members that what spilled was actually a drink in his hand.

"My understanding is he spilled a drink over the rails. I asked him if he has witnesses because it looks very awkward and he says he does," said Mariano Vega, Jr., Council President.

Jersey City's mayor, who has been trying to appeal his own disorderly conduct conviction for tussling with police as he intervened in a domestic dispute, says he's going to let the courts sort this one out. "Steve has pleaded not guilty. As anyone else charged with an offense he's presumed to be innocent," Mayor Jerramiah Healy explained.

One resident says the Democrat Lipski should have known better as a public official. "It's real terrible. Our politicians have to act that way, in a concert, no matter where. He's a role model. To do something like that, he needs to check himself," said Randy Anderson.

Then again, one 17-year-old charter school student who knows the councilman says don't be quick to judge. "He's a nice guy. He would do nothing like that... I'm 100 percent behind him," said Daniel Jackson.

Lipski, who's SUV remained parked in front of the Create Charter School with a Grateful Dead sticker on the back window is due back in court in January.

Posted on: 2008/11/10 23:35

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/9/16 19:10
From Paulus Hook
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2008/11/10 23:05

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/5/6 22:02
Group:
Registered Users
Just drove past City Hall and there are lots of news trucks parked around it, I guess for tonight's caucus meeting. Also heard the news on WBGO. What an embarrassment!

Posted on: 2008/11/10 22:44

Re: Lipski's reign
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/8/27 13:32
Group:
Registered Users
This story is now making the rounds of all the national gossip sites, including Perez Hilton:

Don't Piss On Our Leg And Tell Us It's Raining!

It feels so good to be a Jersey City resident. Sigh.

Posted on: 2008/11/10 20:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/3/14 17:57
From McGinley Square
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

alb wrote:
Quote:

Trubrit wrote:
Lipski's antics are nothing new.

I've been pissed on by Jersey City Democrats for 15 years.

What is a little bit sad about this is that it seems as if Lipski might be one of the more responsive city councilors other than Fulop.

I think Fulop is a great guy, but I just don't think I understand Jersey City enough to know whether his pure pure pure strategy makes political or practical governance sense. One possibility is that maybe a bright city council member with a good, honest heart could get more important, good things done if he flattered the old fossils more and figured out ways to let them have their pork barrel and improve trash clinic, the police department, etc. at the same time.

And I don't know if that thought is realistic or not. But to me there's a question about whether someone like Lipski or Vega might actually be doing a lot more practical good for the people of Jersey City than a guy like Fulop who makes a point of confronting the fossils whenever possible.

But then, when Lipski goes out and whizzes on people, that tends to support the Fulop argument that the Jersey City fossils are so corrupt that trying to do business with them is mostly pointless, or maybe counterproductive.

I think that it takes all kinds who know how to work all quarters. You need people who can slip quietly from smoky room to smoky room, and you need people who are willing to take on entrenched pork, etc. in the public eye.

Coming from Union County, I always felt New Jersey's bad rap for its corrupt politics was deserved but exaggerated. When I moved to Jersey City, over time, I began to think that the reality of Jersey City politics was even worse than its reputation, which is really saying something.

Many of us have witnessed acts of arrogance and poor judgment on the part of elected officials. This one just had witnesses and media coverage.

Posted on: 2008/11/10 17:55

Re: Lipski's reign
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Apparently he was jailed:

=====================
Lipski: No more booze for me

by The Jersey Journal
Monday November 10, 2008, 8:24 AM

Jersey City Councilman Steve Lipski told a TV reporter yesterday that he was swearing off booze after being jailed in Washington, D.C., on charges he urinated onto a crowd of concertgoers in a nightclub.

Fox 5 News caught Jersey City Councilman Steve Lipski outside his Journal Square home yesterday where he spoke briefly about being jailed late Friday after allegedly urinating onto concertgoers from the balcony of a Washington, D.C., nightclub.

The experience was humiliating, Lipski said, adding he was swearing off booze.

Ironically, he seems to complain about his fellow cellmates urinating.

He wouldn't comment on the charges, but Jersey City Councilwoman Willie Flood told The Jersey Journal that Lipski is saying a spilled drink was what fell onto his fellow Grateful Dead fans.

Lipski told Fox 5 he plans to be at tonight's council caucus.

Posted on: 2008/11/10 17:53

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Waggs wrote:
Quote:

CANKICKER wrote:

Give this guy a break. did he get piss drunk and act stupid, theres no question to date, at the end of the day he's human and makes mistakes just like the rest of us...

Can't get over just how many of you get off on this crap!

CK

piss drunk..wasn't it drunk piss?
I don't think pissing off the balcony on a crowd of people qualifies as a mistake. Being so overserved that you tell your wife how much you dislike her pot roast is a mistake.

WHHHHATTT???? Urinating on someone is MORE than a MISTAKE. He should be arrested. Urinating on a street can be considered a mistake, but when you urinate on people that is just SICK, WEIRD, and VIAL.

Posted on: 2008/11/10 17:48

Lipski's reign
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Alb, by Jersey City fossils do you mean Healy? He is as new to the scene as Fulop is - 2004.

BTW - I think he is a pretty honest Mayor.

Quote:

alb wrote:
What is a little bit sad about this is that it seems as if Lipski might be one of the more responsive city councilors other than Fulop.

I think Fulop is a great guy, but I just don't think I understand Jersey City enough to know whether his pure pure pure strategy makes political or practical governance sense. One possibility is that maybe a bright city council member with a good, honest heart could get more important, good things done if he flattered the old fossils more and figured out ways to let them have their pork barrel and improve trash clinic, the police department, etc. at the same time.

And I don't know if that thought is realistic or not. But to me there's a question about whether someone like Lipski or Vega might actually be doing a lot more practical good for the people of Jersey City than a guy like Fulop who makes a point of confronting the fossils whenever possible.

But then, when Lipski goes out and whizzes on people, that tends to support the Fulop argument that the Jersey City fossils are so corrupt that trying to do business with them is mostly pointless, or maybe counterproductive.

Posted on: 2008/11/10 17:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/29 4:06
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Trubrit wrote:

Posted on: 2008/11/10 17:32

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/10/12 11:16
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2008/11/10 16:10

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/5/11 14:40
Group:
Registered Users
Give him a break, he was only illustrating to the people around him what he thinks of the people of Jersey City and his own style of governing them.

Posted on: 2008/11/10 16:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/3/14 17:57
From McGinley Square
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fasteddie wrote:
I think with the right lawyer he can blame this on a medical condition and maybe even snag a lucrative spokesperson gig in the process.

A bladder control problem is something you can worry less about.

Are you always:

* Rushing to the bathroom?
* Urinating off the balcony at crowded tribute band rock concerts?
* Worrying about having an accident when you?re out with friends?
* Concerned that other people may notice your frequent trips to the bathroom?
* Bothered by having to get up at night?

OAB is very common. It affects 1 in 6 men and women in the US.

Many people think that as you age it?s normal to get a bladder control problem. Maybe your mother or grandmother had it. But the fact is, your bladder control problem may be a medical condition called overactive bladder (OAB).

Detrol

In this case, I think "OAB" stands for Off-A-Balconyitis

Posted on: 2008/11/10 16:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/11/1 17:27
Group:
Registered Users
"Give this guy a break. did he get piss drunk and act stupid, theres no question to date, at the end of the day he's human and makes mistakes just like the rest of us...

Can't get over just how many of you get off on this crap!"

First, it was piss not crap. Give him a break? How would you like to get pissed on.

I'll admit I've been really drunk and pissed some places I probably shouldn't of, but never on anyone. Even in a drunk stupor there is a thing of common decency. And if you're a public official, you should be double careful. I hope he gets ousted from office.

The band is called Dark Star Orchestra.
http://www.darkstarorchestra.net/NEWSITE/HTML/dso.php

There is a forum on their website, and of course this is a topic. Her is an excerpt from one of the posts:

"I've seen some pretty bizarre crap in my time, but nothing like this absolutely brainless, thoughtless self-centered act of complete disregard for others. I don't care how f**ked up anybody is; people are ultimately responsible for their own actions and this guy needs to be held accountable by the community... not just the DSO community, but certainly his constituents as well.

I was about ten feet in front of Kevin and the guy barely missed me; I've never seen a tightly-packed mass of people move so fast at one time. What a dips**t..."

Posted on: 2008/11/10 15:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

ihatethiscity wrote:
Has to resign? This is Hudson County, I wouldn't be surprised if he announced he was going to run for mayor. The "born and raised" politician's here are very arrogant. They think they can do anything and get re-elected.

Abosolutely ! I bet in your one horse town it's the same way even more so. Similar to the sheriff that wears a thousand hats, one for the justice of the peace, the fire chief, the police chief, the town judge, basically eveybody.

Posted on: 2008/11/10 15:11

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017