Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
112 user(s) are online (101 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 112

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Bus shelter suggestions
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/3/23 17:09
Group:
Registered Users
I'm curious about this too and will ask when I submit the bus shelter requests and suggestions. It might just be that the Bus companies are free to change routes and there are several different bus companies, so that if a map were posted that is out dated then it serves only to further frustrate the riders. With other systems such as PATH and NJ Transit Light Rail, they are a single entity with fixed stops.

Quote:

wink wrote:
I would like to see a bus shelter on Franklin & Palisades in the heights.

and I agree 100%, put a time table and bus map in the shelter...why these are not already there baffles me.

Posted on: 2008/11/6 13:35
soshin: Mention guns and bd pops up through a hole in the ground like a heavily armed meercat

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
That's awesome. I wonder if I could fit one of those in my house.

Quote:

JCase wrote:
One of these, please.

Resized Image

Posted on: 2008/11/6 13:26
soshin: Mention guns and bd pops up through a hole in the ground like a heavily armed meercat

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/1/12 4:16
Group:
Registered Users
I would like to see a bus shelter on Franklin & Palisades in the heights.

and I agree 100%, put a time table and bus map in the shelter...why these are not already there baffles me.

Posted on: 2008/11/6 13:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/13 17:19
From time to time
Group:
Registered Users
One of these, please.

Resized Image

Posted on: 2008/11/6 2:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Don't put bus shelters anywhere near Liquor Stores!!!

If you do please don't put any benches in them -- we don't need to make ad hoc cafe seating.

The brown bag beverage crowd will NEVER leave!

Posted on: 2008/11/6 1:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Any more suggestions? Or Fast Eddie toppers?

Posted on: 2008/11/6 1:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/8/18 23:27
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
I think it would be a great idea to link the bus routes with the light rail/path but I DON'T think that ANYTHING should be linked with MLK.

Last thing we need is a way for those animals to mingle with us. Like Chris Rock said, "If you on MLK blvd, there's some shit goin' down!"

Posted on: 2008/10/31 0:47

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/3/18 15:05
From John Wilkes Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fasteddie wrote:
If you build bus shelters they will all reek of bum pee in a matter of days. No one will stand in them anyway. They would prefer to stand in the pouring rain and howling wind. It is an exercise in futility. If you build it they will pee in it.

But bum pee keeps you warm. Have you never seen the steam coming up through the streets of NYC? That's the rivers of bum pee that flow under the street. The lovely updraft of steam provides warmth to many in the winter.

Oh, and Marylin Monroe standing over the grate trying to hold down her skirt, that was bum pee too.

To a bum it's just pee, to me the seea of pee that flows below the citee is one pee that should bee mandatoree........

Posted on: 2008/10/31 0:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/6/13 23:12
Group:
Registered Users
If you build bus shelters they will all reek of bum pee in a matter of days. No one will stand in them anyway. They would prefer to stand in the pouring rain and howling wind. It is an exercise in futility. If you build it they will pee in it.

Posted on: 2008/10/30 23:22

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/3/18 15:05
From John Wilkes Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

alb wrote:

c) I think it's critical that NJT and Jersey City improve the routes connecting the Lincoln Park/Kennedy Boulevard area with downtown Jersey City. It seems as if real estate prices are very low in Lincoln Park, even when compared with the Jersey City Heights, simply because it's a pain in the neck to get between there and the waterfront, and really, really awful to try to get between there and Hoboken.

I ride the bus from Lincoln Park to JSQ and to downtown all the time, if anything Westside Avenue is fairly well served when it buses (certainly when compared to JFK and Bergen Ave). There is the #80 and the #1 both of which run to Exchange Place via JSQ, and a number of Red&Tans buses that run between Society Hill>JSQ, 440 Shopper>JSQ, Westside>Newport Mall, Westside>Montgomery St (which ends at Grove St PATH plaza).

Also, if they were going to provude a connection to the lightrail, why wouldn't they connect to the West Side Avenue stop? Some of the buses already do this.

Anyway, not to get off topic. There are a good amount of buses on Westside Ave however the schedules are messed up and often 3 buses arrive at once and then nothing for 30 minutes. Also there are almost NO bus shelters. Shelters are definitely needed at the corner of Westside Ave and Fairmount and at Bergen Ave and Montgomery which are both heavily used stops.

Posted on: 2008/10/30 22:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Suggestions;

Don't use glass panels (They always get smashed and costly to replace)

Place a solar panel on the roof or have a light for the shelter; especially early mornings and night if buses are operating.

Think about the environment and use materials that could be recycled if it is hit by a car or vandalised. Recycleable plastics might work and include some seating for our seniors and disabled - user friendly.

Incorporate the ability for advertisers to use space on the shelter to generate some income.

Research any painting products or raw material that is easier to have graffitti removed from it - or a texture that doesn't work well for those huge permanent markers ass-wipes use.

Posted on: 2008/10/30 21:40
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 14:18
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users
We need a bus shelter here:

William J. Brennan Courthouse, 583 Newark Avenue

map

Posted on: 2008/10/30 15:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/7/30 1:08
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
anyone else besides ALB's' and my families ride the city buses?

how about some more feedback?

Posted on: 2008/10/30 13:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/29 4:06
Group:
Banned
a) Possible shelter location, if there's enough sidewalk space: Jersey Avenue and Newark Avenue.

b) Other bus stop issue: As DanL said, having bus maps and schedules at each stop is critical. The main reason buses are not as busy as, say, the light rail is that it's so hard to figure out when a bus is going to stop or where it will go.

c) I think it's critical that NJT and Jersey City improve the routes connecting the Lincoln Park/Kennedy Boulevard area with downtown Jersey City. It seems as if real estate prices are very low in Lincoln Park, even when compared with the Jersey City Heights, simply because it's a pain in the neck to get between there and the waterfront, and really, really awful to try to get between there and Hoboken.

If, say, NJT would create a free or cheap shuttle connecting the Lincoln Park area with the Martin Luther King light rail stop, maybe that would help real estate prices in the Lincoln Park area, reduce competition for parking in the Lincoln Park area, create the opportunity for someone to start a (very carefully monitored) pay parking lot near the MLK light rail stop, and generate extra business for MLK merchants.

Posted on: 2008/10/27 3:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/7/30 1:08
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Althea, thank you for getting this out.

optimally, there should be bus shelters at all bus stops that have the sidewalk space.

also, important to have both the long awaited and now overdue county bus map, individual route maps for the line stopping at the shelters along with the bus schedules to be posted at each shelter/stop. enourage, not discourage use.

the other council members should be doing the same.

Dan

Posted on: 2008/10/27 2:08

Bus shelter suggestions
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
The City is issuing an updated RFP (Request for Proposal) for replacement and/or new bus shelters. The City's business administrator is soliciting feedback from all the council people on what constituents are requesting.

If you would like a bus shelter or know ones that need repair, please let the city know. I will be creating a consolidated list for the business administrator. You can email the Ward E council office with your suggestions at fulops@jcnj.org, call and leave a message at (201) 547-5315, or post them here.

Please be as specific as possible about the locations.

Have a good weekend.

Sincerely,

Althea Bernheim
Ward E Council aide

Posted on: 2008/10/25 15:50

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017