Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
95 user(s) are online (78 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 95

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Heights: Jersey City teen beaten by driver after car is scratched, cops say
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/4/6 19:03
Group:
Registered Users
While I absolutely do not agree with beating an unarmed person with a tire iron, especially in the head, I tend to believe these kids were not exactly stellar citizens and more than likely did not accidentally scratch a car.

Yes, it could happen but come on...kids out late at night heading over to the housing projects are probably not your basic wide eyed types.

I certainly wasn't riding my bike around in a big city at midnight when I was 14.

Posted on: 2008/10/29 17:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Lets get this right - 1 kid scratches a car very late at night and has 4 friends with him. Driver gets out and beats the shit out of the kid that did the scratch. The other kids don't join the fight (like a wolfpack would) and have no wounds and these kids are in the wrong!
Yes they are in the wrong for being out late and the reporter has left out a lot of blanks, but SOME have already condemned these kids on the say so of the driver.
Damn I would hate to be a kid in some of the households of JClisters.
Why didn't the driver simply call the cops - they came quick enough to catch them and I'm sure he could id the kid who did the damage - I hope they charge the driver for serious assault (or whatever the most serious assault is) and make him pay for the kid's medical costs.

Resized Image

Posted on: 2008/10/29 11:10
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/26 3:33
Group:
Banned
Quote:

fishmonger wrote:
I find it interesting that the article is withholding the age of the attacker. He's a real tough guy beating a MINOR with a tire iron!

you are a fing idiot. Hope one day you meet those wolfpacks on the street, and lets see if you still have the same opinion.

Posted on: 2008/10/29 6:54

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/11/4 2:21
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

heights wrote:
Some of the kids are from Garfield Ave. heading over to Hoboken via the 2nd. St. Light Rail elevator and violating curfew. It "seems" justice was served. Granted that the beating wasn't derserved and what exactly provoked it remains to be seen. But riding bicycles around late at night can attract the worst of things.

If the beating wasnt deserved how can justice be served? It is funny how people here it seems were never teenagers themselves. I understand there is a curfew but what teenager hasnt hung out late on a weekend? What teenager didnt ride bikes with friends? It would have been different if the story said it was 4am on a Tuesday the teens attacked a man while riding a bike and one was beaten while the victim defended himself. What it really says in the story is the witness that called police said another man was beating the VICTIM with a tire iron. The witness never said the man was attacked, he said the teen was.

Posted on: 2008/10/29 6:16

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/2/28 8:43
Group:
Banned
There must be no bike riders on here. It's not that far fetched for this to really be an accident. Sometimes you gotta make split second decisions. Either rear end somebody or try to squeeze through on the side with the parked cars. Sometimes the handlebars clip the door or an arm snags the passenger side mirror. Think about a taxi suddenly pulling over and slamming on the brakes. This story is so vague and both sides are pointing the finger. It's sad to see people on here applauding a brutal assault and just blaming the kids.

Posted on: 2008/10/29 5:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/11/5 23:00
Group:
Registered Users
Yeah, a lot of details are missing here. I mean, How do you scratch a car "by accident". Did the kid fall of his bike or something?

I'm all for ass-whipping, but a tire iron to the face for a scratch on a toyota camry...? I dunno. If it was me, I think one swift shot to the knee would be enough.

I'm shocked that he didn't kill the kid... I've been on both ends of some vicious fights, I'd think a tire iron to the head would be lights out. Maybe he's got the shaolin iron skull? He's lucky to have walked away with what appears to be a pretty bad concussion.

I'm surprised Angel isn't getting attempted murder...

Posted on: 2008/10/29 5:24

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/10/19 19:54
Group:
Registered Users
spank a 17yo with a belt... hahaha. they're old enough to get beat with a billy club. tire iron, same difference. i'm sure he wasn't going for the vital areas.

think about it: you're pissed, somebody just disrespected your property. there's 5 teens on bikes. you wanna administer justice. 5 on (1 + tire on) = justified ass whippin'.

Posted on: 2008/10/29 4:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/7 20:21
Group:
Registered Users
With a belt you teach'em a lesson, but with are tire iron you give'em brain damage!

Posted on: 2008/10/28 22:06
ಠ_ಠ

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/8/18 23:27
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
something similar happened to me a couple years back, although it was in a mall parking lot, and not JC. Some punks who thought they were cool kicked the side of my car while I was waiting at a light. They laughed when I yelled at them, but they starting shreiking like little girls when I got a hold of the slowest one. Not one of the four that got away came to help him. I guarantee that they won't being doing that again anytime soon. I am all for this guy beating the life out of some punk, but do it with your feet and fists, not a tire iron.

That's crossing the line.

Posted on: 2008/10/28 20:17

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/10/19 19:54
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

chiefdahill wrote:
Story is suspect. Sounds like they f'd with his car and he got out and gave one of them a beating that they will never forget. The tire-iron is going too far but I doubt these kids are as innocent as they are portrayed.

-this is what i got from the story. hahha, that's great. sounds all too familiar.

Posted on: 2008/10/28 19:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/11/19 15:19
Group:
Banned
Quote:

chiefdahill wrote:
Story is suspect. Sounds like they f'd with his car and he got out and gave one of them a beating that they will never forget. The tire-iron is going too far but I doubt these kids are as innocent as they are portrayed.

Amen, its about time the tables are turned on these lowlife
abortions gone bad!

CK

Posted on: 2008/10/28 19:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/11/19 15:19
Group:
Banned
Quote:

fishmonger wrote:
I find it interesting that the article is withholding the age of the attacker. He's a real tough guy beating a MINOR with a tire iron!

Maybe the nxt time yr stopped at a redlight and surrounded by a bunch of thugs on their bikes who's only intent is to
make you the nxt victim, you'll have a change of mind ???

Something stinks here.....Huhm it must be a Fishmonger.

CK

Posted on: 2008/10/28 19:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/2/18 15:54
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2008/10/28 17:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Ain't buying that they scratched the car by "accident". Not that people should go beating others with a tire-iron.

Posted on: 2008/10/28 13:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Some of the kids are from Garfield Ave. heading over to Hoboken via the 2nd. St. Light Rail elevator and violating curfew. It "seems" justice was served. Granted that the beating wasn't derserved and what exactly provoked it remains to be seen. But riding bicycles around late at night can attract the worst of things.

Posted on: 2008/10/28 13:30

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/3/7 17:24
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2008/10/28 13:25

Heights: Jersey City teen beaten by driver after car is scratched, cops say
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Jersey City teen beaten by driver after car is scratched, cops say

by Charles Hack/The Jersey Journal
Monday October 27, 2008, 5:20 PM

A driver bloodied the face of a 17-year-old Jersey City cyclist with a tire iron during a road rage incident in the Heights Saturday just before midnight, police reports said.

The driver, Angel Fernandez, was arrested and charged with aggravated assault and possession of a weapon for unlawful purposes, police said.

Police were called to Franklin Street and Palisade Avenue at 11:59 p.m. Saturday after a witness reported that a man was beating a victim, reports said.

Arriving at the scene, police met the driver and then caught up with five cyclists who Fernandez said had attacked him and who had fled to the Second Street Light Rail station in Hoboken, reports said.

The eldest teen, a Garfield Avenue resident who had been beaten by the driver, collapsed on the ground and began vomiting while drifting in and out of consciousness, reports said. He was treated Hoboken University Medical Center for a deep cut near his left eye, and numerous cuts and bumps to his head and forehead, reports said.

Police questioned the victim's four friends aged between 14 and 16 years old, who said they were riding to the Marshall Drive public housing complex in Hoboken to meet up with some girls, when one of them scratched the driver's Toyota Camry by accident.

They said that Fernandez jumped out of his car began yelling at them, tackled the victim and began beating him in the head and face with a metal bar. According to the driver, who was treated and released from Christ Hospital for a minor injury, it was he who had been assaulted by the juveniles, police said.

Police said the juveniles were taken to the Hudson County Juvenile Center because they had violated city curfew.

Posted on: 2008/10/28 3:54

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017