Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
78 user(s) are online (68 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 78

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 8 9 ... 11 »

Re: towing at shoprite?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

caps wrote:
Quote:
and you spend your time waiting in the mall, instead of that dirty, shitty waiting area in PB, reading Car and Driver from 1999 about the Brand New '00 Corolla or some other dumb shit.

LOL
-- i would say it would be safe to go to the mall once your car is in the pep boys garage being serviced but not before...

Has anyone ever gone back to Pep Boys to pick up their car, with their Pep Boys paperwork in hand, wait for the mechanic to come back with the keys then to only find out that their car is nowhere to be found on the PepBoys property. It would be interesting if the mechanic was the one to retrieve the car for the customer only to find the car missing. "Hey the car's been picked up already" Who would be held responsible in this situation ?

Posted on: 2008/10/28 13:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/6/22 20:18
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
and you spend your time waiting in the mall, instead of that dirty, shitty waiting area in PB, reading Car and Driver from 1999 about the Brand New '00 Corolla or some other dumb shit.

LOL

-- i would say it would be safe to go to the mall once your car is in the pep boys garage being serviced but not before...

Posted on: 2008/10/28 11:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

1stStGuy wrote:
Anybody dumb enough to play the "I went to the mall, then bought a pack of gum from Shoprite" card, really should be sterilized so they cannot reproduce.

Do you really think any of us belive you? It is posted in about a dozen places that you are only to park in the lot WHILE you are shopping at the stores.

The only excuse I could see as being legit is when you are getting your car serviced at Pep Boys, and you spend your time waiting in the mall, instead of that dirty, shitty waiting area in PB, reading Car and Driver from 1999 about the Brand New '00 Corolla or some other dumb shit.

You are to wait for your car at Pep Boys because that is where you are doing business, if it is to be ready the next day or another day then leave the area and come back when the car is ready. Another card that shouldn't be played unless you have a good poker face.

Posted on: 2008/10/28 11:39

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/11/22 2:28
Group:
Registered Users
Do they all come with chest hair, or can you order without?

Posted on: 2008/10/28 9:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
You can always buy one of these guys online -

Resized Image

Maybe they won't tow with him in the car - might work for HOV lanes too. It's called the 'Buddy on Demand' and inflates at the flick of a switch if and when a 'passenger' is needed.

http://www.webwombat.com.au/lifestyle ... safety-man-car-safety.htm

Resized Image

Posted on: 2008/10/28 2:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/8/18 23:27
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Anybody dumb enough to play the "I went to the mall, then bought a pack of gum from Shoprite" card, really should be sterilized so they cannot reproduce.

Do you really think any of us belive you? It is posted in about a dozen places that you are only to park in the lot WHILE you are shopping at the stores.

The only excuse I could see as being legit is when you are getting your car serviced at Pep Boys, and you spend your time waiting in the mall, instead of that dirty, shitty waiting area in PB, reading Car and Driver from 1999 about the Brand New '00 Corolla or some other dumb shit.

Posted on: 2008/10/28 1:55

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/8/14 2:47
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fasteddie wrote:
You go in Bed Bath and Beyond FIRST and leave the bag on the seat in full view.

Nope, Gayle tried that!

Resized Image

Posted on: 2008/10/28 1:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/12/15 2:25
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Loopy wrote:
Quote:

bk66md wrote:
I just got towed,
I DID park near the clothing drop off and then went to the mall.
When I got back I then purchased items at bed bath and beyond.
Then I realized my car was gone. What BS. Aren't I a customer of BB&B?

Resized Image

Resized Image

Posted on: 2008/10/28 1:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/5/13 20:32
Group:
Registered Users
Unbelievable that this topic is still being discussed.

Posted on: 2008/10/24 12:42

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/3/9 14:18
Group:
Registered Users
I can't believe people are still complaining about this, for people out there that claim to be so educated and so intelligent you just don't get it. Let me explain it to you one more time. It doesn't matter how much you spend in any of the stores, or when you make the purchases, the moment you step out of the lot you are NO LONGER A CUSTOMER of the stores and have NO LEGAL right to be in the lot. If the tow company sees you leave for any reason, and there is no time limit on how long you have to be gone first, they can tow your car. For the reporting your car stolen first it won't do you any good you will still have to pay the fees. A friend of mine had his car towed from there and he went to the police thinking it was stolen and they told him the first thing they do whenever a car is being reported stolen from anywhere is to call the tow companies and the impound lot to see if it there first before filing a report so that idea is out the window aside from being completely illegal anyway.

I don't understand why for whatever reason people still keep copmplaining about this you can't win because if you could someone on here would have already written about it. It's PRIVATE property they set the rules, this would no different if someone put there car in your driveway. So get it thropugh your heads people stop parking there and going to the mall.

Posted on: 2008/10/24 4:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/6/13 23:12
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bk66md wrote:
I just got towed,

YOU are a DOPE. No, that's not how you do it. You go in Bed Bath and Beyond FIRST and leave the bag on the seat in full view. Then go into the mall and maybe, but unlikely, you will not be towed.

Posted on: 2008/10/24 2:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Its a grey area - find car missing then buy an item from BB&B to get out of paying any money to get yor car back. Their signs don't say anything about when you shop at those stores. I wonder if you simply parked your car there and had lunch in your car - would you get towed if you used a trash can to throw the wrapping away and they saw that you never went into a store?

It would be an interesting case in court if you produced a receipt from BB&B to prove you shopped there and wanted compensation for the stress of losing your car. I'd even make a stolen car report to the cops !

Posted on: 2008/10/24 2:35
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/12/6 17:02
Group:
Registered Users
I just got towed,

Posted on: 2008/10/24 2:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/12/15 2:25
Group:
Registered Users
It seems like we made some small change on the BJs shopping cart issue. Maybe if enough of us complain to the 4 stores in that lot we can get something done.

Its a long shot but seems like it would be worth it.

Posted on: 2008/10/18 0:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/3/3 2:45
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:
all because they won't pay the mall parking fee. (I don't blame them. It sucks.)

It's $2 or so for the first 2 hours, then it goes up 50 cents an hour (don't quote me, but I'm pretty sure that's the rate). Plus if you are a resident of JC, show your ID at the information kiosk (by the elevators) and they'll knock $1 off your parking.

That doesn't suck nearly as much as having to spend big bucks to get your car once its been towed.

Posted on: 2008/10/17 17:13

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/10/7 16:42
Group:
Registered Users
Someone is going to get hurt crossing the street from the lot to the mall one of these days all because they won't pay the mall parking fee. (I don't blame them. It sucks.)

Posted on: 2008/10/17 12:16

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/9/26 20:59
From 240 Newark Avenue
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

heights wrote:
That's a huge mistake on their part. How did you remedy the situation ?

I yelled at the parking lot monkey for a while, then it turned out one of the PepBoys lawyers happened to be at that location for something and he made some calls and took care of it. The monkey said he knew the car had been left for service, but had been parked in the wrong place and PepBoys said they knew the car had been towed but didn't do anything about it until I showed up and found out for myself.

Mark.

Posted on: 2008/10/17 11:40
www.JerseyCityMusic.com
-----------------

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Metropolis wrote:
Yeah I was towed after leaving my car for service at Pepboys once. Last time I needed work I went to Sears instead... they were faster and cheaper, and didn't tow me away! woohoo!

Mark.

That's a huge mistake on their part. How did you remedy the situation ?

Posted on: 2008/10/17 8:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/6/13 23:12
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Metropolis wrote:
Yeah I was towed after leaving my car for service at Pepboys once.
Mark.

Dude..... Manny, Moe, and Jack? Those guys are assholes.

Resized Image

Posted on: 2008/10/17 2:57

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/9/26 20:59
From 240 Newark Avenue
Group:
Registered Users
Yeah I was towed after leaving my car for service at Pepboys once. Last time I needed work I went to Sears instead... they were faster and cheaper, and didn't tow me away! woohoo!

Mark.

Posted on: 2008/10/17 1:48
www.JerseyCityMusic.com
-----------------

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/3/3 2:45
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
I used to drop my car off at Pep Boys for simple maintenance because it's within walking distance to my house. The last time I went there (about 2 years ago), I got new tires so I left the car there and went to the mall to kill time. (Sometimes I'd drop it off in the morning then walk to the PATH on my way to work).

After hearing these horror stories there is NO WAY I'm taking the chance and leaving my car in the Pep Boys parking lot. It may sit there for a while before the mechanic drives it into the garage. I don't want to deal with the hassle of trying to get my car back if these vultures swoop in.

Posted on: 2008/10/17 0:17

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/10/16 19:09
Group:
Registered Users
First of - I had to register to share my experience.

I can't believe this towing situation has been on going for so long!

I was "rapped" last night. Any time I've shopped at Newport Mall I had always used their parking deck.
And for no freaking reason, I guess I thought it was harmless, I parked in one of the parking spaces adjacent to the Pep Boys. Forty minutes later, my car was gone!!
Yes - my fault for not reading the signs, i was on the phone from the time i pulled in and walked to the mall.
So I received the bad news from some bum in a black GMC Jimmy mid-size SUV and pretended not to know what had happened and came off as if he was doing me a favor. He handed me a business card (E-Z Towing and Recovery) so I called up and the guy on the phone explained the fees, which are RIDICULOUS!! as some posters have mentioned before. I would had not been so upset if the charge was $75 - $80. But to charge $150+ to pick it up at their shop and paying with credit card and $120 if they drop it off and it has to be CASH!?!?!

So I asked the guy on the phone to drop off the car and he asked me to wait by the Bed Bath store. Of course I had to go to the ATM located inside Shoprite. I walked up to the tow truck and I was polite. The driver just asked for the money or he will not put the car down. So I tried to bargain with him and of course he wasn't hearing it.
I explained to him that I really couldn't afford to pay $120 because I would had to tap into my daughter's dental bill for a tooth that she needs to take care this week. No sympathy from the driver. He just said, well I have 5 kids and I have two jobs (well good for him!!). After 15 minutes of going back and forth, I pulled out $80 from my daughter's savings account and I happened to have $35 on me. He wouldn't release my car because of $5 so we were there for another 5 - 8 minutes arguing about $5 dollars!!!!

I explained to the guy that if he will not take the $115 then I would pay with a credit card if he would just call his dispatcher and take my info over the phone. His answer was NO we do not take payments over the phone. Ok, fine..I then asked if they could just bill me and I would give them a copy of my drivers license. Answer to that was of course, NO - we do not bill. Its not like i was not trying to pay - freaking scammers!! I finally called my gf and asked if she had $5 dollars on her (she was nearby). The driver finally released the car and drove away with the $115.

I was sooo upset! My fault I know. It just pisses me off because after 10+ of shopping at the Mall and parking at the deck, last night for whatever stupid reason I thought it would be easier if i parked near the Pep Boys and walk accross the street and meet my gf instead of picking her up at the bus stop like i normally do!!!!! uughh!!!

Ok - thanks for reading

Posted on: 2008/10/16 15:43

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/10/15 21:38
Group:
Registered Users
yeah sorry yes that is what i meant. I work for a towing company in jersey and we do private property towing and why i agree with towing illegally parked cars, some companys take advantage of people and go about it wrongfully. This is why the preditory towing act is being passed...

Posted on: 2008/10/15 21:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 20:41
Group:
Banned
^i think tow2go is advocating that people stand in the shoprite parking lot and warn potential unsuspecting tow victims not to park there. my mom did that once near our house.. one day they put up this 'no left turn from 4-6pm' sign out of nowhere, and she didnt see the sign and got ticketed. she tried to argue with the cop but the sign was there, so she got the ticket anyway. immediately afterward, she went back to the corner and stood there waving at people not to make the turn. i think she stopped at least a dozen cars who also didnt see the sign from making the turn. obviously the cop was not happy but there wasn't much he could do about it lol

Posted on: 2008/10/15 15:26

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/10/15 21:38
Group:
Registered Users
If this company is really bullying you guys around stop crying and do something about it.. The best way to get even is dig into there pockett go there on a busy day and warn the people who are about to park and leave it may be time consumeing but at a 100 bucks a car you guys can get do the math on how much you could cost them

Posted on: 2008/10/15 7:14

Re: towing at shoprite? >>>Do NOT pay CASH for the TOW!!!
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/12/13 17:44
From Hamilton Park(ish)
Group:
Banned
It seems like a ridiculous ploy, considering I have never seen EVERY spot full in the lot. Do they think there aren't enough spots for paying customers?

Posted on: 2008/10/13 19:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 20:41
Group:
Banned
Quote:
Hogwash wrote: I was towed on Friday night. >>>YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PAY CASH<<< I had parked in front of the Harsimus Cove LightRail platform; which is on the BJ's garage side of the lot. I have been parking here every time I have ever eaten at CHILI's; which is 20feet away from where I parked.
chili's has their own parking lot adjacent to the restaurant (to the right of the main entrance). ive never once been charged for parking there (i don't even think there's an attendant), but even if an attendant were there, i think that they validate for up to x amount of hours provided you ate at chilis Quote:
So even if you follow a Police Officer's instructions EZ Tow can do as they wish with your property?
the parking lot is private property. a police officer can tell you to light the lot on fire but you'd still get in trouble for it. bottom line, don't park in that lot unless youre going to bj's/shoprite/bbb. i used to park in that lot when i had a summer job in one of the offices in newport towers. i would park the mornings at newport mall, then move it early lunchtime to bj's and then leave it there till 5. cut my parking amount by at least half... didn't get caught once. i think that since then (3 years ago now) they are really cracking down on it alot more. i definitely wouldn't risk it again knowing what i know now.

Posted on: 2008/10/13 19:04

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/12/13 17:44
From Hamilton Park(ish)
Group:
Banned
Quote:

callie1i wrote:
the issue that i'm concerned about is that a receipt in and of itself would not be sufficient proof that she did not go to the mall before or after. the burden would, and should, be on the towing company to provide the video.

when she told the manager (who claimed to be the only one there usually) that she was going to get a lawyer, he told her "go ahead". they do not appear to be threatened by the thought of a lawyer being involved; i'm assuming they don't think she'll actually do it.

as an aside, i've come in contact with a lot of people (okay, men) associated with the automotive industry who believe they can intimidate female customers. i had an experience once with a horrifically rude mechanic that i KNOW would not have happened to, say, my father.

i may be off here, but to me this is the work of a "bully".

This guy is definitely a bully. The same thing happened to me and I had receipts from BB&B and asked to see the video but he told me no. We had just moved into Jersey City and this was the coldest welcome ever. I had to pay the $120 that day (or he would charge a storage fee for each day) and he laughed me off when I told him I was going to call the police to have them mediate. It was truly unfair and to this day I promise you I did not leave the parking lot. I couldn't afford to take this to court...

Posted on: 2008/10/13 16:08

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/10/26 17:26
Group:
Registered Users
I was towed on Friday night. >>>YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PAY CASH<<< I had parked in front of the Harsimus Cove LightRail platform; which is on the BJ's garage side of the lot. I have been parking here every time I have ever eaten at CHILI's; which is 20feet away from where I parked. In July there was a police officer writing tickets in that section of the lot. Before my wife and I parked we asked the officer if it is OK to park there and go into CHILIs; HE SAID IT IS NOT A PROBLEM. Why was it a problem of Friday night! Who determines where the owner of the car is shopping? Do they stalk the lot all night. I called the police AFTER I had tried to have a logical conversation with William Wright of EZ Tow. He hung up the phone on me while I was asking him why I was towed. I then called the JCPD. Since I did not have the first officer's Name and Badge# the only advice they could give me was to pay for the tow with my credit card. >>>YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PAY CASH<<< I am now disputing the charge through my credit card company. ALSO>>> EZ Tow dragged my car out of the space. I could see the tire marks. So even if you follow a Police Officer's instructions EZ Tow can do as they wish with your property?

Posted on: 2008/10/13 15:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
The City should invest in some of these cool towing vehicles - especially for breakdowns on the turnpike !

Posted on: 2008/8/29 4:21
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 8 9 ... 11 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017