Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
118 user(s) are online (97 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 118

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Re: Steve Fulop
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/29 4:06
Group:
Banned
Quote:

zderic wrote:
The HDCO is headed by Healy, so I don't see him getting the nod from the Dems.

Did anyone else see the Rev. Santora letter slamming Fulop in the Jersey Journal today?

Santora was defending Maio, the controversial housing official, and saying Fulop doesn't know about the history of what all has gone on.

At some level, maybe Santora is right, but I think Fulop really does try to listen to people. If Santora knows so much before, why didn't he make an effort to share his knowledge with Fulop?

I'm not sure whether Fulop knows every nuance of everything that goes on in Jersey City, but at least he's trying to clean up Jersey City politics. Or, even if he's faking it very well and is just pretending, at least he's pretending to do something good. The other members of the council don't even pretend to be trying to clean the city up.

I've always liked Santora's Jersey City religion articles, but now that I've seen today's letter, I feel as if I've been had and Santora is also part of The Machine.

Posted on: 2008/11/14 1:05

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/11/16 16:24
Group:
Registered Users
Run Steve Fulop Run
Please help put an end to this pathetic political clown show Most ciitzens are so busy trying to make ends meet they don't have time for drunken antics!

Posted on: 2008/11/13 23:22

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/1/5 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fasteddie wrote:
Quote:

zderic wrote:
Fulop is the only member of the council that I have invited into my home.

Really? I used to have them all over to my place all the time. We would all hang out, watch TV , have a few beers and eat cheese doodles.Then one of them peed on my carpet one night and I had to put a stop to it.

Usually a loud "BAD councilman!!" followed by leading him outside to finish and a subsequent treat/praise will take care of the problem. You should never, ever hit your councilman though.

Posted on: 2008/11/13 23:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/6/13 23:12
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

zderic wrote:

Really? I used to have them all over to my place all the time. We would all hang out, watch TV , have a few beers and eat cheese doodles.Then one of them peed on my carpet one night and I had to put a stop to it.

Posted on: 2008/11/13 23:07

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/11/13 22:23
From Downtown JC
Group:
Registered Users
The HDCO is headed by Healy, so I don't see him getting the nod from the Dems.

I believe that Fulop is an Independent, anyway.

If I were to run, though a lifelong Democrat, I would likely do the same, as I do not want to be associated with this county's party.

Posted on: 2008/11/13 22:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/29 4:06
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Brooklynboy wrote:
Dear JC Listers,

I have twice reached out to Councilman Fulop and both times I have received a response within 24 hours.

He is definitely extremely nice and extremely helpful. I think he fixes a lot of problems with the city just by helping people figure out how the city works.

If the Hudson County Democratic Organization were smart, it would let Fulop be mayor for one term, then work to help him become governor or get into Congress. That way, he would be in a position where he could spend more time with people who have a clue, and the machine could go back to do its machinely dirty work.

The harder and more effectively the machine works to bottle Fulop up, the more time he'll spend here holding the feet of the machinistas to the fire.

Posted on: 2008/11/12 18:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/19 17:53
Group:
Registered Users
He may be the only one elected in jersey city who has newspaper stories written about him that don't begin with,
"It Is Alleged That"............

Posted on: 2008/11/12 17:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/10 11:55
Group:
Banned
If he does run I do hope people open up their eyes and stop the healy machine. You want change in JC you better start looking at the person that is being different and being brave enough to speak for us.
Very few of us would have the b%lls to do what Steve is doing. It's not easy to go against the grain in Jersey City.
He commands respect for it!
Go Steve, Bergen-Lafayette respects you. Come on over and bring us some change! We need it!

Posted on: 2008/11/11 15:37

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/3/4 2:56
Group:
Registered Users
While this thread is still alive. I want to give Fulop more Kudos for what he did for the Montgomery Gardens.

Keep it going Steve!

Posted on: 2008/11/11 5:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/30 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
Ditto to all the positive comments about Steve Fulop. He was the only one on the city council who had the guts to vote against At-Large Member Willie Flood hiring her drug dealing son to a taxpayer-funded job at her office.

He is usually quick to respond to my emails and helped me out with my issues at the Office of Construction Code Official - finally got my building permit!

If he runs for mayor, he has my vote, particularly if he can clean up the Office of Construction Code Official - at least get them to pick up the phone!

Posted on: 2008/11/1 3:01

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/1/24 19:41
Group:
Registered Users
PS: Would want this guy in my foxhole!!!

Posted on: 2008/10/31 22:03

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Well put. It has everything to do with one's character. Putting oneself in harms' way for others. At this point in time not many of us knew the war was a sham. This exemplifies leadership in my book. This guy is a great councilman and would make a terrific mayor.

Posted on: 2008/10/31 22:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/2 19:00
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
He was/is a Marine Corps Reserve

"Reserve Marines go through the same intense training programs and work in the same occupational fields as their active-duty counterparts. However, with the ability to train part-time at a Marine Corps Reserve unit near home or school, these Marines can continue to pursue a full-time civilian career or education"

I am no fan of Fulop, but give him and anyone else who does this a +1 for serving there Country in this way..

Posted on: 2008/10/31 18:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/14 0:06
Group:
Registered Users
He was indeed in the Marine Corps. I had thought he was an officer, but he was an enlisted guy, leaving the service as a Corporal.

As a college guy he could have gone into the officer corps, but if I recall correctly to go officer they want an 8 year commitment out of you. Seems like Steve wanted to serve but not for that long. Rather than just forgetting the whole thing he went enlisted. Good for him.

GWB

Posted on: 2008/10/31 18:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/6/1 2:41
Group:
Banned
Councilman Fulop was in the Marine Corps, not the Army.

Posted on: 2008/10/31 17:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

jc_insomniac wrote:
What does joining the army have to do with being a Councilman?

I think it has to do with placing service above your own comfort and ambitions. There's places in other parts of this country where families have traditions of military service, but around here it's rare for a college educated young person to enlist.

In today's culture for the smart, young and ambitious of "go to L or B school and get out there and get all you can", both his military and political service stands as a stark contrast. Why should a young guy with many options choose to go into combat, or struggle against entrenched political machines when he could be driving a BMW to a beach house? It speaks of character.

Posted on: 2008/10/31 17:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/5/16 16:22
From beneath the jumping sheep
Group:
Registered Users
What does joining the army have to do with being a Councilman?

I'm very pleased with Fulop as well, but not for that reason. He is very accessible and highly responsive, has helped me as a constituent on several municipal problems, and has shaken up JC council on many issues I am personally concerned with.

I probably won't be around as a JC resident when he runs for Mayor, but I still have many friends here whom I would gladly talk to about him when the time comes.

Posted on: 2008/10/31 14:52

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Steven Fulop is a wonderful councilman. How many people would quit their jobs, join the Army and go to Iraq in response to 9/11? He is always there when you need him.
He is also intelligent, and world wise, 10 steps above anyone we have in office now.

Posted on: 2008/10/31 14:39

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/3/4 2:56
Group:
Registered Users
Steven Fulop is truly an excellent councilman, and I see that all the way from Ward D. Hands down, he has my support for mayor.

Posted on: 2008/10/31 7:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/10 14:50
From hamilton park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Could Fulop be the new Obama of Jersey City and rid the 'old boy' network ?

Please don't insult Steve, Obama is completely entrenched in dirty Chicago politics.

Posted on: 2008/10/22 16:19
utterly deplorable

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/10 11:55
Group:
Banned
Ward E consider yourselves very lucky to have steve.
Greenville and Lafayette are in need of someone that is a rebel WITH a cause. We not only need change we need radical change. Steve gets my vote for mayor and I know many in Lafayette and Greenville that know him will bring the attention we need over here. Steve for MAYOR!!!

Posted on: 2008/10/22 16:01

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/2/15 1:46
Group:
Registered Users
I have only been a resident here several years, but I must also comment on this thread. I had the occasion to meet Steve on the way home from New York on the Path. We talked for the entire time and when we arrived at Grove St he spent another 20 minutes talking to me about issues affecting the City. He is indeed a breath of fresh air and seemingly very sincere.

Posted on: 2008/10/22 15:52

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/7/24 3:13
From Wayne Wayne Wayne
Group:
Registered Users
I hope Steve Fulop is reading all this and knows how much we appreciate all he does for us. KUDOS for putting darts in the drunken target at 107 Wayne Street stoop! SO MUCH BETTER.

Immediate action. Same-day or next-day. Fulop's got my vote.

Thumbs up.

Posted on: 2008/10/21 22:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

pistolpacknpitbull wrote:
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Got an actual comment? I'd LOVE to hear someone on JCList defend the HCDO!

Yeah, calling your over-exaggerations out is an actual comment. I know complex thought is sort of frowned upon on this website, but one looking for "actual comments" could do his credibility a world of good by refraining from bogus analogies.

HCDO is a joke organization of cronies and crooks. That fact doesn't give simps license to act the fool and go overboard solely for the sake of a provocative sound byte.

I don't think I exaggerate at all. The HCDO has just the kind of long term control of Hudson County that Rove dreamed of for his failed Thousand Year Reich of the GOP. The only real challenge to them recently was merely a factional war for power and goodies within the same group of HCDO apparatchiks. These guys have made the windfall of development money into Hudson disappear without a ripple, there's been no capital invested in our cities. Hoboken is broke and doubling taxes, I wouldn't be surprised if JC is also broke but the books have been cooked like Hoboken's were.

I take them seriously. Apparently you don't. One small victory for them.

Posted on: 2008/10/21 21:40

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/11/1 5:27
Group:
Banned
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

brewster wrote:
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
He seems to walk the walk and talk the talk, and I hope if he is elected Mayor he will look after my neighborhood as he has for the waterfront and e-district.

Unfortunately the "old boys" here make Karl Rove look like mild mannered pussy, and the nonpartisan electoral system overwhelmingly favors the incumbent. Steve might win a runoff against Healy but will have a hard time getting there past all the vote splitting of his "reform" constituency in a large field of challengers. I hope he can, but I'm a pessimist at heart. (I had nothing in the stock market)

Wow, hyperbolic much?

Yeah, calling your over-exaggerations out is an actual comment. I know complex thought is sort of frowned upon on this website, but one looking for "actual comments" could do his credibility a world of good by refraining from bogus analogies.

HCDO is a joke organization of cronies and crooks. That fact doesn't give simps license to act the fool and go overboard solely for the sake of a provocative sound byte.

Posted on: 2008/10/21 21:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/17 18:39
Group:
Registered Users
I am truly happy to hear such great feedback. I moved here 1 year ago and find his support another reason why I am happier here than in Brooklyn.

Posted on: 2008/10/21 20:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Quote:

brewster wrote:
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
He seems to walk the walk and talk the talk, and I hope if he is elected Mayor he will look after my neighborhood as he has for the waterfront and e-district.

Unfortunately the "old boys" here make Karl Rove look like mild mannered pussy, and the nonpartisan electoral system overwhelmingly favors the incumbent. Steve might win a runoff against Healy but will have a hard time getting there past all the vote splitting of his "reform" constituency in a large field of challengers. I hope he can, but I'm a pessimist at heart. (I had nothing in the stock market)

Wow, hyperbolic much?

Posted on: 2008/10/21 14:47

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/7/5 13:14
Group:
Registered Users
he puts the pro in pro-active

Posted on: 2008/10/21 14:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/30 18:46
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
I have always had a positive experience with Steve as well. Very helpful.

Posted on: 2008/10/21 14:13

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/11/1 5:27
Group:
Banned
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:

Wow, hyperbolic much?

Posted on: 2008/10/21 3:33

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017