Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
123 user(s) are online (106 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 123

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Neighborhood info of Grand St. @ Grove area

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/1/5 20:02
From downtown jc
Group:
Registered Users
nemesis, thy name is mrs. brown. i guess i should be thankful they don't give her an airhorn.

Posted on: 2008/10/26 20:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

gothamshe wrote:
And what's with the whistles around 8-8:30am - is that crossing guards?

That's Mrs. Brown, loudest whistle in the east. I cross the street on the other corner to get my kids, so she can't blow it in my ear! She's good at her job at least, unlike some of the others like the one at Jersey & York.

Posted on: 2008/10/25 3:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/24 18:16
From "Pay for Play"
Group:
Registered Users
I too live in Harsimus Cove on 3rd and you couldn't drag me to live on Grand & Grove!

Posted on: 2008/10/25 3:33
Resized Image
Help US Sue Spectra! Join OR Donate!

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/1/5 20:02
From downtown jc
Group:
Registered Users
I've been in the area just under 6 months - I'm on grove between grand and york. I think it's very safe, I walk home late from the path, and feel safe walking my dog pretty late. I do think it's pretty noisy at night, though. sirens, trucks, etc. And what's with the whistles around 8-8:30am - is that crossing guards?

Posted on: 2008/10/24 21:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/28 17:36
Group:
Banned
You're asking about the difference between 2nd street and Grand/Grove?

Geez, that's not exactly like moving from Bismark to Moscow.

I suggest you get out sometime and walk the 10 block radius around your present home so you know what the neighborhood you live in is like.....

Posted on: 2008/10/21 12:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/5/16 16:22
From beneath the jumping sheep
Group:
Registered Users
I've live around the corner for 5 years now

The good:
- Proximity to Grove St PATH
- Proximity to Liberty St Park
- Taqueria Downtown
- Legal Grounds
- Edward's Steakhouse
- Shops and restaurants on Grove
- Cocoa Bakery & Cafe on Grand to open soon
- Other shops in Liberty Harbor North coming
- Haven't heard any muggings or violence in that area in a year or two (last one I heard was a mugging on Grove & York about 2 yrs ago)

The bad:
- Noise from buses, trucks, ambulances, cop cars, and civilian cars blaring loud music
- Parking
- Construction

The ugly:
- Flooding on the corner of Grand and Grove. Big issue if you are considering a garden/basement apartment

Posted on: 2008/10/21 6:45

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/3/29 15:26
From The Heights!
Group:
Registered Users
there is another large construction project beginning on the lot to the east(?) of the boys and girls club. i wouldnt want that going on outside my house...but then again, there is contstruction everywhere. you would be close to taqueria, but that is a whole different thread...

Posted on: 2008/10/21 1:50

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/8/6 19:49
Group:
Registered Users
I live on the corner of Grove and Grand. The parking is not a problem at all, unless there is a function at the Boys and Girls Club. I think the noise can be pretty bad at times with the sirens, and trucks, etc. (Although, you will be moving in just after they paved Grand so the trucks are a little less noisy now without the potholes.) I also have to say that we have lived in our apt. for 4 years now (previously lived on Manila btwn 9&10th) and in the past year I am much more sensitive to the noise, but that is just b/c we recently just had a baby. I have always felt comfortable walking home from the PATH in the dark, although I'm not usually alone very late at night. I used to walk back from the light rail sometimes in the dark and that kind of creeped me out, but that was before the new apartments, so I'm sure it's a bit different.

Posted on: 2008/10/20 18:59

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/11/29 21:36
Group:
Registered Users
I live on Marin and Montgomery(about 1 blocks away ) and I can answer the parking situation. I have had no problems find parking in the area even at times when I have had to come to work quite late (10pm). Marin can definitely be noisy at times especially since it's seem to be fire truck route.

Posted on: 2008/10/20 18:54

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/12/15 14:38
From Grove St, Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
If it is a basement apartment, be careful. I lived in 214 Grand, and it flooded every time we had a rainstorm. I knew of 2 others that left apartments in the area due to flooding problems. With all of the construction going on, there are a lot of trucks going up and down Grand St. They've recently started building the units in front of Gull's Cove. There's also a lot of ambulance noise since you're so close to the hospital. All in all though I don't think it will be any louder than where you are now.

Posted on: 2008/10/20 18:20

Neighborhood info of Grand St. @ Grove area
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/4/12 19:35
From PH
Group:
Registered Users
My roommate has recently been discussing with me relocating from the Harsimus Cove area of JC (2nd St) to Grand St. between Grove and Marin. I'm pretty happy where we live already and although it's still downtown, there are plenty of things you can't determine until you actually live in a home and I want to make sure I know everything about that area before I commit to moving there. Any info that anyone can offer about the area is extremely appreciated such as how bad is the parking situation, street noise, violence etc. as well as any pros of the area in comparison to Harsimus cove. The only reason we'd be moving is to accommodate a friend who is without living arrangements. The apartment is bigger, but my rent would be increasing and I'm not really sure if this is worth it.

Thank you!!

Posted on: 2008/10/20 17:53

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017