Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
93 user(s) are online (73 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 93

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Bergen Lafayette: Shot in chest on King Drive
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/10/21 3:42
From Hilltop
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Original201 wrote:
What you have to understand is sometimes "snitching" on the person that robbed, shot or assualted you leads to more violence against you. For example lets say he told the police he knew who the man that shot him was and where he lived. Lets pretend he is actually arrested, he would probably make bail and want revenge. On top of that the man who shot him would put the word on the street that the victim is a "snitch". This makes you a target for assualts and robberies from other people that might not even know the victim or suspect but will victimize you because you are a known "snitch". Then you have to worry about the suspects friends that dont want to see him go to prison by a "snitch" that might be willing to seriously injure or kill to silence you. Then once the suspect recieves the witness statements from his lawyer now he will have a copy of what he said, his full name and address (assuming he didnt know). So sometimes doing the right thing has more negetives then positives. It is easy to see why someone wouldnt risk there safety of life to possibly be able to put someone in prison for a couple years.

What you say makes sense how someone could be scared to do the right thing...as unfortunate as it is, thanks for the perspective.
It is a shame that a part of society with values like this has been created. What is very sad is that behavior like not snitching is promoted by "idols" (rappers) who are actually looked up to. In my opinion the outcome is clear, if people follow this way of not snitching in these places...this part of society will be forever trapped in a negative feedback loop forever spiraling down...

Posted on: 2008/10/17 19:49

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/11/29 21:28
From Downtown JC
Group:
Banned
I know 1 thing 4 sure, no one ever snitched on my favourite axe, get it.

Posted on: 2008/10/17 18:36

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/12/13 17:44
From Hamilton Park(ish)
Group:
Banned
I will be honest I don't totally understand the "stop snitching" campaign but I was threatened at work once by a crazy woman and upon telling my boss about the instance and the woman being reprimanded,she said "stop snitching". I don't take threats lightly and it is my right to "snitch" when my life is in danger.

Posted on: 2008/10/17 17:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/11/10 19:14
Group:
Registered Users
This is precisely why anonymous tip lines were put into place. Perhaps the city should put together some sort of marketing/advertising campaign and get some signage up in the neighborhoods with this tip line number.

Posted on: 2008/10/17 16:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/7/8 2:45
From Bergen/Laf
Group:
Registered Users
New -

STOP putting my name into every post about Greenville... you got a little cyber crush on me or something? Can't keep my name off your little grubby fingers huh? Don't make me find out where you live and send my "cronies" after you lol.. (that was a joke btw)

Get a life you smug fu*k

Posted on: 2008/10/17 14:45

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/10/7 16:42
Group:
Registered Users
I can understand not snitching if I live in the neighborhood and know who did the crime. Who is going to protect you, the police? Ha.

Posted on: 2008/10/17 12:20

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/11/4 2:21
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fasteddie wrote:
So, essentially, what you are saying is "the terrorists have won".

They havent won but they are some what winning. More needs to be done to protect victims of crimes.

Posted on: 2008/10/17 3:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/6/13 23:12
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Original201 wrote:
What you have to understand is sometimes "snitching" on the person that robbed, shot or assualted you leads to more violence against you. For example lets say he told the police he knew who the man that shot him was and where he lived. Lets pretend he is actually arrested, he would probably make bail and want revenge. On top of that the man who shot him would put the word on the street that the victim is a "snitch". This makes you a target for assualts and robberies from other people that might not even know the victim or suspect but will victimize you because you are a known "snitch". Then you have to worry about the suspects friends that dont want to see him go to prison by a "snitch" that might be willing to seriously injure or kill to silence you. Then once the suspect recieves the witness statements from his lawyer now he will have a copy of what he said, his full name and address (assuming he didnt know). So sometimes doing the right thing has more negetives then positives. It is easy to see why someone wouldnt risk there safety of life to possibly be able to put someone in prison for a couple years.

So, essentially, what you are saying is "the terrorists have won".

Posted on: 2008/10/17 2:37

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/11/4 2:21
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2008/10/17 1:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/29 4:06
Group:
Banned
Quote:

NewHeights wrote:

you sound like a very unstable person. shooting yourself by accident?

Look at the stats for the western states, where many people presumably take NRA gun safety classes. It's possible that those people use guns to prevent crime as well as to hunt, but they also use the guns to kill themselves, spouses, etc., and the children use the guns as toys.

If a rising gang crime rate in Jersey City would lead emotionally stable, safety-conscious people who will religiously keep guns away from children to buy guns and blow off the heads of these gang members, maybe the guns would do some good.

The problem is that, in the real world, some of the guns may be used to threaten or off gang members, but many will be used stupidly by people who should not own guns in the first place.

You would disagree with this argument because you're very pro-gun. That's fine; I'm not trying to persuade you.

We know, however, that Comey and Healy are, at the very least, against the idea of untrained, potentially unstable vigilantes going around with handguns.

If they want to keep the number of unqualified civilians who are waving handguns around low, the best way is for them to do something about the obvious gang and open-air drug supermarket problems.

Posted on: 2008/10/16 21:32

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/10/16 19:58
Group:
Registered Users
Yes, it is true that I support the "ANTI SNITCH" campaign. My reasons are different than the guys that just want to be part of a trend. I'll DIE by my words! Numbers 3 and 5 are what I speak about. If you are a law abiding citizen, and you witness a crime, you're welcome to report what you saw. One of my EX - close friends is an informant. He's murdered before, shot others, shot me, sold drugs, is a convicted felon for guns and drugs. Was recently caught with more guns and drugs while on parole, and received 15 years PROBATION because he testified on a homicide that occurred while he was locked up, testified against me because he alleged that I shot him, 3 months after he was shot, and has agreed to become a paid informant.
It is guys like him that we need off the streets! These are the guys doing most if not all of the shootings and drug dealings in our communities today!

A law abiding citizen is a witness.
A criminal is a Snitch!
STOP SNITCHES!

Posted on: 2008/10/16 20:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/4/5 16:21
Group:
Registered Users
Alb

you sound like a very unstable person. shooting yourself by accident? something tells me you have never shot a gun in your life. Take a gun safety course it will ease your fears. Ironically, all my anti-gun friends have never even shot a gun.

Shooting people who tick you off on purpose? You shouldn't have a firearm. Come to think of it you shouldn't drive a car or keep sharp objects in your house. You're bound to hurt someone.

Posted on: 2008/10/16 18:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/29 4:06
Group:
Banned
I think the obvious reality is that the JCPD has no influence over the people involved with this incident, and the gangs do.

If the JCPD folks want witnesses to come forward in cases such as this, then they have to show they have the intelligence and moxie to take on the gangs.

If the JCPD folks don't start taking on the gangs, then even people like me who are uncomfortable about the idea of owning a gun will go buy guns. Then we'll start shooting ourselves by accident and people who tick us off on purpose, along with getting an occasional perp through blind luck, and then things will really go to heck.

Posted on: 2008/10/16 18:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
In most communities, a person who sees a murder and helps the police put the killer behind bars is called a witness. But in many inner-city neighborhoods in this country that person is called a "snitch."

"Stop snitchin'" is a catchy hip-hop slogan that embodies and encourages this attitude. You can find it on everything from rap music videos to clothing. "Stop snitchin'" once meant "don?t tell on others if you?re caught committing a crime."

But as CNN's Anderson Cooper reports for 60 Minutes, it has come to mean something much more dangerous: "don?t cooperate with the police ? no matter who you are."

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/0 ... minutes/main2704565.shtml

Posted on: 2008/10/16 14:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Rayco saunders looks like the model citizen of greenville.
Greenville Chick you probably know him? He is a real stand up guy and is just misunderstood by rascist white america.

Posted on: 2008/10/16 14:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
http://www.thuglaws.com/hip-hop-and-rappers-say-don-t-snitch.html

Stop Snitching

Resized Image
Rayco Saunders wears Stop Snitching T-Shirt.

Rap songs about Snitches: Don't Snitch by Mac Dre, Snitches by Master P and Snoop Dogg and Snitch by Lil Wayne. There are many others...

The stop snitching campaign is in high gear as rappers nationwide, zero in on the quote, ?rats.? The campaign literally started when stop snitching t-shirts started popping up in the hood. The t-shirt sales took off like wildfire and the rest is history.

Pictured on the left wearing a STOP SNITCHING shirt, Rayco Saunders, an ex-drug dealer turned pro boxer, is quoted as saying he wears the shirt, ?to protest paid police informants.?

That being said, our street correspondents went to the hood to find out from the homies, how they define a snitch. Here's what they said...

Street Slang Definition of a Snitch
1. Any person who tells police of another's illegal activity.

2. Someone who calls the police and tries to say they didn't.Stop Snitching, we ain't playin when we say don't snitch b-e-e-y-a-t-c-h!

3. A jail informant.

4. A snitch is the scum of the earth and worse than roaches and must be exterminated. A snitch tells other people's business, bringing them under investigation, getting them arrested, convicted, evicted or killed.

5. A police informant, (paid and unpaid) who gives information to 5-0 in exchange for reduced sentences, dropped charges and witness protection.

6. A person who steals other rappers lyrics and beats

7. A scared person who informs police of threats made to them

8. A person who witnesses a crime and informs the police of what they saw, who they saw and who did what.

http://www.thuglaws.com/hip-hop-and-rappers-say-don-t-snitch.html

Posted on: 2008/10/16 14:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
"The man was uncooperative and police were unable to learn from a crowd that had gathered direction the shooter had fled or a description, reports said."

Here is the problem folks. If the very people the police are trying to protect wont help them find the criminals why should the cops even get out of their patrol cars.

Gotta love the welfare state we created.

Posted on: 2008/10/16 14:13

Bergen Lafayette: Shot in chest on King Drive
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Bergen Lafayette: Shot in chest on King Drive

Thursday, October 16, 2008

A Jersey City man was in critical condition yesterday after being shot in the chest Tuesday night on Martin Luther King Drive, police reports said.

Police officers on patrol near the Fulton Avenue playground heard two shots at 10:39 p.m. and saw muzzle flashes coming from the park's entrance, reports said.
Advertisement

They found a 25-year-old man on the ground on the northwest corner of Fulton Avenue and King Drive, bleeding from the left side of his torso, police said.

The man was uncooperative and police were unable to learn from a crowd that had gathered direction the shooter had fled or a description, reports said.

The victim, of Plainfield Avenue, was in critical but stable condition early yesterday at the Jersey City Medical Center, police said. A hospital spokesman did not have an update on his condition.

PAUL KOEPP

Posted on: 2008/10/16 13:47

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017