Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
114 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 114

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Mayor Healy was just on CNBC
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/19 17:53
Group:
Registered Users
No they really don't have a F___king clue. CNBC called today and said come on and City Hall climbed into their Clown Car and went to the studio thinking they could change the subject from Healy being removed from office to Healy the Elder Statesmen.

He should have been on weeks ago.We are the biggest financial district in Jersey but instead he was out singing in the bars.

Put a fork in him he's done.

Posted on: 2008/10/9 1:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 3:29
Group:
Banned
Quote:

SammyTheT wrote:
You certainly have a right to dislike Mayor Healy, but to say that he and his staff don't know what's going on in the financial world and the impact on Jersey City and don't care is absurd.

The Mayor has been meeting with top representatives of the financial firms with offices in Jersey City to get an in depth understanding of their situation and it's impact on plans for growth (or not) in Jersey City.

He will be having similar meetings with Real Estate professionals who work in all areas from residential sales to office and industrial leasing and sales.

Mayor Healy is in constant communication with Governor Corzine and his staff.

You are grossly underestimating the Mayor. He is deeply involved in planning for the economic health and growth of our City.

Thank you.

Healy has a bunch of personality "quirks" that make him a target for mockery, but to assume that he and his staff just don't care is unfair to everyone, especially us.

Posted on: 2008/10/9 0:33

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/9/22 22:53
Group:
Registered Users
Sorry, I'm new. Should have been more careful. It was meant as complete and utter sarcasm. I forgot you guys don't know me yet.

I was serious about the "how could it possibly get any worse part," though. Things have become very bad in some areas, mine included. I've lived here my whole life. I've loved this city my whole life. I'm finally coming to the realization that it's really probably time to go, though. It's downright dangerous in my neck of the woods now, not to mention all the other city wide issues that have probably been thoroughly discussed here already.

I don't rely on the Mayor or anyone else to interpret what I experience myself on a day to day basis. I was sort of making a play on the classic "politician / liar" stereotype thing with my statement. To me it's quite obvious which way things are heading in my neighborhood, and nobody can tell me otherwise. It's just depressing to know that it's not going to get any better anytime soon. There are not many viable choices other than to leave. I wish it was just that easy, though. Some of us are sort of "trapped" in this mess, especially now with the housing market being what it is. It just sucks to have what is already painfully obvious overtly slapped in our faces. I've never felt this way before, but I really do believe that things are close to, if not already, beyond being able to be fixed in some parts of this city. I've always had hope before. Not so much now.

Sorry for the misunderstanding on the sarcasm thing.

Posted on: 2008/10/8 23:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/11/12 23:34
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Red-Deutsch wrote:
To tell the people of JC to tone down their expectations of anything is downright depressing. How much worse can it get? At least have the common decency to lie to me and tell me it's going to get better, come hell or high water. False hope is better than no hope at all. That's how I see it, anyway.

That's the exact attitude that got us in this mess. Everyone wants to live in a fantasy land and not accept reality. "Common decency" to "lie" to me? Are you serious? Did you read what you just wrote? Would hearing the mayor say everything is just peachy really make you sleep well? Wake up and start dealing with the harshness of reality now. It'll make it a lot easier down the road.

Posted on: 2008/10/8 22:01

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/7/27 3:53
From Gull's Cove
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Red-Deutsch wrote:
?Normally to do capital improvements, fix our parks, fix our buildings, those types of expenditures...(the city will) go out for bonds. Right now we?re hearing that market?s going to dry up...So we and every other government?(are) probably going to have to tone down (our) expectations for capital improvements.?

To tell the people of JC to tone down their expectations of anything is downright depressing. How much worse can it get? At least have the common decency to lie to me and tell me it's going to get better, come hell or high water. False hope is better than no hope at all. That's how I see it, anyway.

He did say no jobs have been lost as of yet, which is probably a little better than "no hope at all".

Posted on: 2008/10/8 21:53

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/11/26 3:14
Group:
Registered Users
At least he didn't have any visable band-aids on his face/head.....

Posted on: 2008/10/8 21:29

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/9/22 22:53
Group:
Registered Users
?Normally to do capital improvements, fix our parks, fix our buildings, those types of expenditures...(the city will) go out for bonds. Right now we?re hearing that market?s going to dry up...So we and every other government?(are) probably going to have to tone down (our) expectations for capital improvements.?

Posted on: 2008/10/8 20:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/16 0:04
Group:
Registered Users
You certainly have a right to dislike Mayor Healy, but to say that he and his staff don't know what's going on in the financial world and the impact on Jersey City and don't care is absurd.

The Mayor has been meeting with top representatives of the financial firms with offices in Jersey City to get an in depth understanding of their situation and it's impact on plans for growth (or not) in Jersey City.

He will be having similar meetings with Real Estate professionals who work in all areas from residential sales to office and industrial leasing and sales.

Mayor Healy is in constant communication with Governor Corzine and his staff.

You are grossly underestimating the Mayor. He is deeply involved in planning for the economic health and growth of our City.

Posted on: 2008/10/8 19:51

Mayor of "Wall Street West" Braces for Credit Crunch
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Mayor of "Wall Street West" Braces for Credit Crunch

By Brooke Sopelsa, Writer Producer | 08 Oct 2008

The credit crunch and the Wall Street crisis are hitting smaller cities across the country, but none is as close to the action as Jersey City, N.J.

Dubbed "Wall Street West" due to its close proximity to the financial epicenter, Jersey City is home to 260 financial firms and 24,000 financial-sector jobs, which make up almost one-third of its workforce.

Despite the city's exposure to the financial industry, Jersey City Mayor Jerramiah Healy is remaining cautiously optimistic.

"We still feel we have a lot to offer, but certainly everyone is concerned about what?s happening on Wall Street,? he said.

(Watch the accompanying video for the full interview with Healy...) Click link to watch video
http://www.cnbc.com/id/27086024

?Four weeks ago when this started to unravel, we felt we were in jeopardy of losing a lot, maybe all, of those jobs,? he said. ?We haven?t lost any jobs yet. Bank of America came in and bought out Merrill Lynch, Barclay?s of London has stepped into Lehman Brothers and AIG was helped by all of us."

Healy said Jersey City is not currently having cash-flow problems, but he expects to see some in the near future.

? 2008 CNBC.com

Click link to watch video
http://www.cnbc.com/id/27086024

Posted on: 2008/10/8 19:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/6/3 23:45
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

pistolpacknpitbull wrote:
Did he bother to at least shave for his national TV appearance?

--->NOPE! Still scruffy as can be.

Posted on: 2008/10/8 19:18

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/11/1 5:27
Group:
Banned
Did he bother to at least shave for his national TV appearance?

Posted on: 2008/10/8 19:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
maybe now is not the time to be promoting JC as Wall Street West...but try to promote as an evolving little city that is recapturing its glory days with new restos, bars, buildings or something like that.

Posted on: 2008/10/8 18:46

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/11/26 3:14
Group:
Registered Users
While anytime I see the mayor speak publicly it is usually embarrassing, it could have been worse...at least he wasn't drunk.

You are right, all he tried to do was a commercial for JC and even that was bad because he couldn't get his facts straight. When he was asked how the city was being impacted he side stepped the issue. He has no idea how the city is being impacted....I don't think anyone in City Hall has an idea.....nore do i think they care.

Posted on: 2008/10/8 18:39

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/25 18:32
Group:
Registered Users
They've had a number of mayors from across the nation on CNBC talking about how the economy is impacting them locally.
I would have liked to hear him speak about how the city is doing economically; if city revenues have been hit, property values (residential and commercial), budgetary issues, how JC compares to what occurs in New York and what, if anything, needs to or should be done.
Instead we got 'wall street west'. I wouldn't have minded it so much if he would have put it out by saying that JC is continually looking to offer businesses a financially viable alternative to expensive Manhattan as opposed to some bad sales rhetoric. In other words, it would have been nice if he were actually prepared to talk with the hosts and to answer their questions. Perhaps I'm being hard on the guy, but I guess I just expect more from our mayor.

It can't be good if I half expected him to just start yelling "Baba-booey!"

Posted on: 2008/10/8 16:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
What is it that you want him to do?

Jersey City Mayor, Jeramiah Healy single-handedly fixes the Wall Street & Banking Crisis - more at 11.

Posted on: 2008/10/8 15:03

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/3/7 21:06
Group:
Registered Users
Truly bizarre.

If you played a "Wall St. West" drinking game, you'd be dead on the floor from alcohol poisoning.

Sincerely,
Pepo's ghost :)

Posted on: 2008/10/8 15:00

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/25 18:32
Group:
Registered Users
I saw it... I know he was supposed to talk about how its impacting JC but all he did was rattle off some stats while trying to 'sell' Wall Street West.
4 Billion in Payrolls... 1/2 mile of Hudson River Waterfront... 71% of Newport works in financial industry... (that is what I could remember)
You know it must be bad when the host has to call out the fact that he's pushing JC. When asked about how JC government is handling it, he barely had a reply just that they are hopeful.
I think Healy's point was: JC is great, we lost some jobs but we're hopeful.
I felt embarrassed.

Posted on: 2008/10/8 14:35

Mayor Healy was just on CNBC
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/6/3 23:45
Group:
Registered Users
Did anyone else just see that? He was just on talking about the wall street meltdown and how it's affecting JC.

Posted on: 2008/10/8 14:24

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017