Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
113 user(s) are online (92 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 113

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

Re: Help LHS Win a Million Dollars!
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/9/3 23:20
Group:
Registered Users
We are currently in 2nd place behind St. Tammany in LA. As one of our areas highest volume shelters working out of a converted garage, we are in dire need of an updated facility. We are not asking for your money, just a few minutes of your time to sign up and help us make this dream a reality!

It will only take a few minutes to sign up. After that you can share photos of your pets, review pet products, make new friends, write journals, and be part of a community of awesome pet owners and volunteers.

Please help Jersey City's animal shelter, Liberty Humane Society (http://www.libertyhumane.org/) win the ZooToo shelter makeover!! If you register at this link: http://www.zootoo.com/register/referrer/croft , 100 points will go to Liberty in this contest!! Information on the contest can be found on http://www.zootoo.com/makeover/

Posted on: 2009/1/8 5:57

Help LHS Win a Million Dollars!

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/9/9 2:54
Group:
Registered Users
Jersey City's own Liberty Humane Society is currently participating in an online contest that could help them win a million dollars towards a complete shelter make over. They were in first place in the contest (out of 3,000) shelters registered but yesterday fell into second place. A shelter with 15 million dollars in the bank is in third place and will catch up to them quickly. LHS needs Jersey City's help to win this contest! Winning this money will help improve the facility and help Jersey City's homeless animals. It will also be great PR for JC!!
Log onto www.zootoo.com and choose LHS (enter their zip code when you register - 07305) as your supporting shelter. The more active you are on Zootoo everyday, the more points LHS gets to hopefully winning this exciting contest! LHS really needs the funds, come on JC, let's support our local shelter!

Posted on: 2009/1/6 21:38

Re: Help Liberty Humane Win a Make Over!
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
247,000 to 237,000 point -- Liberty Humane Society is still in front but the second place shelter is getting its people in gear:

---------------------------------
From the competition's paper:
---------------------------------

Locals can still help Humane Society win online makeover contest

By Anne Lautzenheiser
St. Tammany News
Published on Wednesday, November 26, 2008

If all goes well, the St. Tammany Humane Society could win a $1 million makeover next year in an online contest.

Sponsored by Zootoo.com, an online pet lovers? community, the Shelter Makeover II contest began in September and allows shelters to accumulate points when their supporters register on the Web site. The St. Tammany shelter is currently in second place with over 237,000 points, putting it behind the Liberty Humane Society in Jersey City, N.J., in first place with over 247,000 points.

?We?re about 10,000 points out of first place,? said Executive Director Vaughn Maurice. ?There?s still a few more months to go, so we really hope people will go to the Web site and help us out.?

According to Maurice, the shelter automatically receives 50 points whenever someone registers and selects the St. Tammany Humane Society as the shelter they wish to support. Another 40 points is awarded by uploading a photo, with each additional photo resulting in an extra 15 points per photo. Users can upload five per day and can change them as often as needed.

Other ways to help the shelter gain points can be found in the Pet Services section of the Web site, where reviews of local services, such as veterinarians or pet stores, results in 15 points for each comment posted. Inviting friends to join brings in another 50 points.

Maurice?s favorite method, however, doesn?t bring in a lot of points.

?People can play Pet Wars, which is really fun,? he said. ?They post pictures of their pets and then vote on which is the cutest.?

The cuteness contest results in only one point per game, with up to five points per day allowed.

After the points accumulation phase ends on March 13, 2009, Zootoo.com advisors will then tour the top 20 shelters that have accumulated the most points and narrow down the field to 10 finalists. In April, pet lovers across the country will then vote for their favorite shelter.

If St. Tammany wins, Maurice said he hopes the money will help jumpstart a capital campaign to build a brand new facility across the street from the agency?s current location. In addition, he?d like to see the existing property turned into a dog park and plans to recognize those supporters who accumulate 5,000 points or more.

?We?ll have a Zootoo.com wall of fame, and each of those people will have their name inscribed on a brass plaque with a photo,? said Maurice. ?We want to thank those people that worked so hard for us, and make them a permanent part of our new building.?

For more information, Go to www.zootoo.com/makeover.

Posted on: 2008/11/26 19:00

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/8/10 19:04
Group:
Registered Users
Liberty Humane Society is still in first place!! But we can sure use some help. We are loosing steam!!!

Click on this link and sign up!!

http://www.zootoo.com/register/referrer/johnh

Posted on: 2008/11/16 9:06

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
A little help will go a long way!!!

Posted on: 2008/10/28 4:58

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
If nothing else, please just get an invite from Maryann and just register.

Posted on: 2008/10/24 3:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/17 12:06
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
We have been in second place behind the leader by 5000 points for several days now...

Quote:

lunawolf3 wrote:
We have slipped to second place...

If you e-mail me for an invite to join, that will be a total of 100 points to go to the contest!! Information on the contest can be found on www.zootoo.com/makeover/.

faeryx4@yahoo.com

A PLEA TO JCLIST MEMBERS:

I understand how people feel when they say and feel:
I don't have the strength or stomach to volunteer at shelters.
I don't have the money to donate.
I can't get there, I don't drive.
I can't
I don't
I won't
Fill in the blank...

We have here a golden opportunity to have Liberty Humane Society (our local shelter) reap the benefits of a complete make over!!! And you don't have to do any of the above. No going to the shelter. No out of pocket money. You don't even have to leave home guys!!! Just get on your computer (like you are right now) and join http://www.zootoo.com/ when you sign up click on Liberty Humane as your Shelter of choice. Then just start playing around. Add a bunch of pictures of your pet. Add some comments. Do a few reviews of products.
If only half of my DOGJC or Nicole's CATJC members take one hour of time, at home or at work if you are able we can make this happen. Please, please if you are not able to do anything else for whatever reason for our local shelter and homeless pets, do this simple powerful gesture guys. We can do this.
If anyone has ANY questions at all about posting and getting points for LHS on http://www.zootoo.com/ ask away.
Post right here on this group any questions or help you might need. We will help you. I still get confused posting sometimes on http://www.zootoo.com/ we have some of the top http://www.zootoo.com/ level savvy folks right here on this group. If you need help ask us, we'll help you.

I hate begging, but I hate this opportunity passing us by more. If you e-mail me for an invite to join, that will be a total of 100 points to go to the contest!! Information on the contest can be found on www.zootoo.com/makeover/.

faeryx4@yahoo.com
Mary Ann

www.downtowndogwalk.weebly.com

http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/DOGJC/

Posted on: 2008/10/19 13:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
i too can send invites

email me: lwhateley@gmail.com

Posted on: 2008/10/19 2:26

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
We can REALLY use the extra support. Please at least register by asking Maryann for an invite.

Posted on: 2008/10/18 13:58

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
COME ON GUYS!!! HELP US OUT!!!!

Posted on: 2008/10/17 12:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/4/8 22:02
Group:
Registered Users
Also, if you want to join, please get one of us to "refer" you - this way we get double points (the referrer gets points and you get points.)

PM me and I'd be happy to send anyone an invite.

Posted on: 2008/10/15 19:09
Thank you for making The Great Jersey City SOUP SWAP an annual success! See you in January 2013 for the next Soup Swap!

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/10 11:55
Group:
Banned
We have fallen to 2nd place by more than 2000 points. If everyone on JCLIST signs up to register with zootoo.com that means 50 points each...if 100 people do this today thats 5000 point and it will put us in the lead. Let's go...lets help Liberty Humane ..they are the ones that take in strays etc.!!

Posted on: 2008/10/15 18:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
We have slipped to second place...

If you e-mail me for an invite to join, that will be a total of 100 points to go to the contest!! Information on the contest can be found on www.zootoo.com/makeover/.

faeryx4@yahoo.com

A PLEA TO JCLIST MEMBERS:

I understand how people feel when they say and feel:
I don't have the strength or stomach to volunteer at shelters.
I don't have the money to donate.
I can't get there, I don't drive.
I can't
I don't
I won't
Fill in the blank...

We have here a golden opportunity to have Liberty Humane Society (our local shelter) reap the benefits of a complete make over!!! And you don't have to do any of the above. No going to the shelter. No out of pocket money. You don't even have to leave home guys!!! Just get on your computer (like you are right now) and join http://www.zootoo.com/ when you sign up click on Liberty Humane as your Shelter of choice. Then just start playing around. Add a bunch of pictures of your pet. Add some comments. Do a few reviews of products.
If only half of my DOGJC or Nicole's CATJC members take one hour of time, at home or at work if you are able we can make this happen. Please, please if you are not able to do anything else for whatever reason for our local shelter and homeless pets, do this simple powerful gesture guys. We can do this.
If anyone has ANY questions at all about posting and getting points for LHS on http://www.zootoo.com/ ask away.
Post right here on this group any questions or help you might need. We will help you. I still get confused posting sometimes on http://www.zootoo.com/ we have some of the top http://www.zootoo.com/ level savvy folks right here on this group. If you need help ask us, we'll help you.

I hate begging, but I hate this opportunity passing us by more. If you e-mail me for an invite to join, that will be a total of 100 points to go to the contest!! Information on the contest can be found on www.zootoo.com/makeover/.

faeryx4@yahoo.com
Mary Ann

www.downtowndogwalk.weebly.com

http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/DOGJC/

Posted on: 2008/10/15 11:26

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
LHS is still in first, but the end of this phase of the contest is a LONG way away. If you haven't already started helping, please start. It's only a few minutes a day.

John

Posted on: 2008/10/7 15:51

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
If they win this makover, they could be in a better position to offer more programs to help and educate pet owners.

Posted on: 2008/10/4 4:05

Help Liberty Humane Win a Make Over!
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
An amazing week in first place!!!

Posted on: 2008/10/3 17:13

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
This is awesome!! Yesterday this time, LHS was up a mere 723 points. Now, the spread between us and St. Tammany Humane Society is about 3,500 points. We need to ensure that we STAY in the top 20 for the semifinals. As tempting as it might be, we can't sit back now to pat ourselves on the back. This phase of the contest goes until March 13th, 2009. For those of you who have been closely watching the standings, you know that positions can change drastically in one day.
KEEP IT UP EVERYONE!!
John

Posted on: 2008/10/2 4:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
with every newly adopted pet, i have been handing out a flyer :)

skipper, a cat featured on our flyers, was adopted today!

Posted on: 2008/10/1 22:07

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/3/22 13:21
Group:
Registered Users
If you haven't already signed up, please do! St. Tammany is giving us a run for our money. All you have to do is simple stuff, add pictures of your pets or write a review, and LHS will get points to help keep them in the lead. Every little bit helps

Posted on: 2008/10/1 6:36
Nicole
CATJC
Cat Owner's Group of Jersey City

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
There are flyers currently at the Lamppost, Simple cafe, and Whitestar Bar. We also have some at Liberty Humane Society, they cover the rules for the contest and how to sign up. If any of you would like to help flyer for this, please email me at lwhateley@gmail.com and I'll e-mail you a hard copy. I will put out a new version each time one of the featured pets on it gets adopted.

Posted on: 2008/9/30 23:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
To all the wonderful people who have signed up for zootoo... please continue racking up points because the number two shelter is gaining on us by 1000 pts a day.

LHS really needs this.

Get friends and family to join. please.

Quote:

lunawolf3 wrote:
Thousands of pet lovers are logging on to Zootoo to support shelters in their community. One shelter will win a renovation valued at up to One Million Dollars* - while 19 others will be receiving cash prizes totaling $195,000 to be used for shelter improvements.

The $195,000 will be divided as follows:

First Runner Up Prize: One award of $50,000 will be given to the Shelter that receives the 2nd highest number of public votes from America.
Second Runner Up Prize: One award of $25,000 will be given to the Shelter that receives the 3rd highest number of public votes from America.
Finalist Prizes: The seven Finalists who are not selected as the Makeover Winner, 1st Runner Up, or 2nd Runner Up will receive $10,000 each.
Semifinalist Prizes: The ten Semifinalists that are not selected as Finalists will receive $5,000 each.
Most Points Award: One award of $10,000 given to the Semifinalist who earns the most points during the Point Accumulation Phase. This prize is awarded separate from and in addition to the Makeover, First, and Second Prizes. Therefore, any Shelter Participant may win the Most Points Award, regardless of their selection as a Finalist or Prize winner.

http://www.zootoo.com/makeover/standings

--
Please help Jersey City's animal shelter, Liberty Humane Society (http://www.libertyhumane.org/)win the ZooToo shelter makeover!! If you e-mail me for an invite to join, that will be a total of 100 points to go to the contest!! Information on the contest can be found on www.zootoo.com/makeover/.

thanks
Mary Ann
faeryx4@yahoo.com

Posted on: 2008/9/30 16:39

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/11/22 2:28
Group:
Registered Users
I joined yesterday and it is really easy. It didn't take long, and it was hassel-free. So join up asap and get those points for them.

Posted on: 2008/9/30 12:41

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
LHS in in first place an amazing 4 days in a row. But the point gap is shrinking. Please e-mail maryann to signup for Zootoo. If you already have, please give a few minutes of your time each day to help LHS add up points. If needed, maryann has a guide that I posted on DOGJC to make getting the points a little easier.

Posted on: 2008/9/30 7:14

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/1/12 0:51
From Lincoln Park
Group:
Registered Users
i emailed mary ann and joined up. it was painless. after going to bark in the park i'm impressed with liberty and the work they do.

Posted on: 2008/9/29 16:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Also, thanks to EVERYONE who stopped by our tent at the Hoboken Arts and Music Festival! It was GREAT meeting all of you and we raised some money for supplies at the shelter :)

Posted on: 2008/9/29 15:30

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
LHS supporters have put them in first in this contest 3 days in a row. If you are already participating, thanks and keep piling on this points!! If you are not yes participating, this is a great way to help your animal shelter without spending even one cent or even leaving the comforts of home!!!

Please join in!!

John

Posted on: 2008/9/29 10:01

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
2 Days in a row!!! LHS supporters are kicking some serious butt!!!!

Posted on: 2008/9/28 5:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
let's keep this going!

Posted on: 2008/9/28 1:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
OMG OMG We're in FIRST PLACE
Keep up the Great work guys so we stay there!!!

Quote:

lunawolf3 wrote:
WOW Thank you all so so much
Let's see if we move to 2nd place after todays totals are tallied

Quote:

lunawolf3 wrote:
Thousands of pet lovers are logging on to Zootoo to support shelters in their community. One shelter will win a renovation valued at up to One Million Dollars* - while 19 others will be receiving cash prizes totaling $195,000 to be used for shelter improvements.

First Runner Up Prize: One award of $50,000 will be given to the Shelter that receives the 2nd highest number of public votes from America.
Second Runner Up Prize: One award of $25,000 will be given to the Shelter that receives the 3rd highest number of public votes from America.
Finalist Prizes: The seven Finalists who are not selected as the Makeover Winner, 1st Runner Up, or 2nd Runner Up will receive $10,000 each.
Semifinalist Prizes: The ten Semifinalists that are not selected as Finalists will receive $5,000 each.
Most Points Award: One award of $10,000 given to the Semifinalist who earns the most points during the Point Accumulation Phase. This prize is awarded separate from and in addition to the Makeover, First, and Second Prizes. Therefore, any Shelter Participant may win the Most Points Award, regardless of their selection as a Finalist or Prize winner.

--
Please help Jersey City's animal shelter, Liberty Humane Society (http://www.libertyhumane.org/)win the ZooToo shelter makeover!! If you e-mail me for an invite to join, that will be a total of 100 points to go to the contest!! Information on the contest can be found on www.zootoo.com/makeover/.

thanks
Mary Ann
faeryx4@yahoo.com

Posted on: 2008/9/27 4:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
WOW Thank you all so so much
Let's see if we move to 2nd place after todays totals are tallied

Quote:

lunawolf3 wrote:

--

thanks
Mary Ann
faeryx4@yahoo.com

Posted on: 2008/9/27 4:04

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!