Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
105 user(s) are online (91 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 105

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Hold Healy Accountable - In his own City? Fat chance.
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/5/18 18:58
Group:
Registered Users
This "thing" as already dead news. Nothing is going to be done about it. We already know DeFazio is not going to put his boss out of his job.

The last line of defense on this is Anne Milgram, the NJ Attorney General. She reports to Corzine and Corzine isn't going to put his buddy (and major vote engineer) Healy and the HCDO out of its place.

Already all the public attorneys who have standing, DeFazio, Valentin and Milgram have stated that they will not address themselves to the Healy's bright line violation of NJ law.

So, he is going to be your mayor for at least 1.5 more years and probably again after that.

Posted on: 2008/9/8 10:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/19 17:53
Group:
Registered Users
This thing is going to grow legs and turn into a nasty Debate.
How soon before the Al Sharptons of the world show up and make it racial.

Posted on: 2008/9/6 23:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/11/19 15:19
Group:
Banned
Quote:

JCLAW wrote:
http://www.nj.com/opinion/ledger/edit ... 20502918246120.xml&coll=1

From Today's Star Ledger:

Quote:

Hold Healy accountable
Thursday, September 04, 2008

Jersey City Mayor Jerra miah Healy should be held to the same standard im posed on Newark Councilwoman Dana Rone. Rone was removed from office because in December 2006 she intervened when Rutgers-Newark University police stopped her nephew for a traffic violation.

She told the officers she was a councilwoman and even said she'd call "the real cops," a threat she delivered on.

For her antics, she was convicted on a disorderly persons charge -- a relatively minor offense -- but one significant enough to prompt Essex County Prosecutor Paula Dow to seek Rone's removal from office.

The punishment was harsh -- but one we found hard to argue against given the language in the statute requiring public officials to forfeit their offices for misconduct that touches on their jobs.

At the time, Rone's defenders said she was being unfairly singled out and pointed to Hea ly's situation. In the summer of 2006, a few months before Rone's altercation, Healy was arrested by Bradley Beach police when he tried to intervene in a quarrel outside a Shore bar owned by his sister. Witnesses said Healy was drunk. The mayor was pepper-sprayed, handcuffed and arrested.

Healy supporters and, more important, Hudson County Prosecutor Edward DeFazio insisted Healy's case was different from Rone's because he never mentioned that he was mayor of Jersey City and never sought special treatment.

Now, according to the Jersey Journal, quoting police testi mony before a grand jury that indicted Healy on charges of resisting arrest and obstructing the administration of law, the mayor was quite vocal about who he was.

"I'm the mayor of Jersey City. I was a judge. I was a lawyer. I am a good personal friend with your chief (Lenny Guida). Call the chief and let's get this rectified without any charges. For the good of your town, for the good of your department, for the good of my city, we need to resolve this without charges. Can you sweep this under the rug?"

Healy denies he made these statements, telling the Jersey Journal they are "completely untrue."

This should be sorted out through the same kind of legal process that Rone faced.

In Rone's case, the prosecutor pursued forfeiture, relying on statements captured by video. In Healy's case, the prosecutor has taken a hands-off approach. It is former assemblyman Louis Manzo, who may run against Healy, who has been pushing the issue. While Manzo's motives may be political, it's clear the Healy case needs further scrutiny.

Who seriously thinks Ed DeFazio, who is as much an HCDO cog as any of the rest of them, is going to prosecute his own patron, Jerry Healy? So what if it was exactly the same crime that Rone committed in Newark and for which she was removed from office. In Jersey City, da Mayor is da law.

A.This is hudson county and the Dem Machine is infamous!

B.The fact that this guy was photographed in a drunken stooper and in his underwear on his porch and got elected is utterly un-believable.

C.Theres not 1 picture that he's not photographed at most political functions, holding a drink in his hand and I don't mean soda.

D.I think the state sees it as, they have bigger fish to fry and therefore he's probably at the bottom of that tank.

And one wonders why NJ is so F-up and the laughing stock of the nation???

CK

Posted on: 2008/9/4 20:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
I hope that the next mayor looks very closely at all the public servants under the Healy administration and fires those that turned a blind eye that they should have addressed or challenged.

Posted on: 2008/9/4 13:15
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/6/15 16:59
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
Too bad Chris Christie is too busy investigating his political rivals that he doesn't have enough time to take care of Healy.

Posted on: 2008/9/4 13:12

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Will DeFazio uphold the law? Nope . . .
http://mistersnitch.blogspot.com/2008 ... ns-players-even-with.html

Quote:
An ecosystem of corruption is a situation in which many have a stake in the status quo, which is to say - corruption. Because the import of 'culture of corruption' is very badly understood, a corrupt public official is portrayed by the media (ALL media, including 411) as existing in isolation. The public generally accepts this as true - that is, while they might see ALL pols as individually corrupt, or even all media as individually covering for them, they cannot grasp their own place in the ecosystem of corruption.

In any ecosystem, every living thing plays a part. In the Hudson County ecosystem of corruption, newspapers play a part. The publisher of a paper such as The Jersey Journal understands that it is allowed to report investigations of public officials - but not launch its own. It is allowed to criticize public officials - but only up to a point. For example, recently the JJ's editorial page director Augustin Torres was called on the carpet by HC prosecutor Ed DeFazio for suggesting that DeFazio might have put a beer on his expense account. With the line drawn there, Torres knows better than to run a story looking into the fact that DeFazio has NEVER prosecuted a prominent public official.

Posted on: 2008/9/4 11:21

Hold Healy Accountable - In his own City? Fat chance.
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
http://www.nj.com/opinion/ledger/edit ... 20502918246120.xml&coll=1

From Today's Star Ledger:

Quote:

Hold Healy accountable
Thursday, September 04, 2008

Jersey City Mayor Jerra miah Healy should be held to the same standard im posed on Newark Councilwoman Dana Rone. Rone was removed from office because in December 2006 she intervened when Rutgers-Newark University police stopped her nephew for a traffic violation.

She told the officers she was a councilwoman and even said she'd call "the real cops," a threat she delivered on.

For her antics, she was convicted on a disorderly persons charge -- a relatively minor offense -- but one significant enough to prompt Essex County Prosecutor Paula Dow to seek Rone's removal from office.

The punishment was harsh -- but one we found hard to argue against given the language in the statute requiring public officials to forfeit their offices for misconduct that touches on their jobs.

At the time, Rone's defenders said she was being unfairly singled out and pointed to Hea ly's situation. In the summer of 2006, a few months before Rone's altercation, Healy was arrested by Bradley Beach police when he tried to intervene in a quarrel outside a Shore bar owned by his sister. Witnesses said Healy was drunk. The mayor was pepper-sprayed, handcuffed and arrested.

Healy supporters and, more important, Hudson County Prosecutor Edward DeFazio insisted Healy's case was different from Rone's because he never mentioned that he was mayor of Jersey City and never sought special treatment.

Now, according to the Jersey Journal, quoting police testi mony before a grand jury that indicted Healy on charges of resisting arrest and obstructing the administration of law, the mayor was quite vocal about who he was.

"I'm the mayor of Jersey City. I was a judge. I was a lawyer. I am a good personal friend with your chief (Lenny Guida). Call the chief and let's get this rectified without any charges. For the good of your town, for the good of your department, for the good of my city, we need to resolve this without charges. Can you sweep this under the rug?"

Healy denies he made these statements, telling the Jersey Journal they are "completely untrue."

This should be sorted out through the same kind of legal process that Rone faced.

In Rone's case, the prosecutor pursued forfeiture, relying on statements captured by video. In Healy's case, the prosecutor has taken a hands-off approach. It is former assemblyman Louis Manzo, who may run against Healy, who has been pushing the issue. While Manzo's motives may be political, it's clear the Healy case needs further scrutiny.

Who seriously thinks Ed DeFazio, who is as much an HCDO cog as any of the rest of them, is going to prosecute his own patron, Jerry Healy? So what if it was exactly the same crime that Rone committed in Newark and for which she was removed from office. In Jersey City, da Mayor is da law.

Posted on: 2008/9/4 10:32

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017