Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
88 user(s) are online (80 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 88

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Downtown: Cyclist broken leg in hit and run
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

GeorgeWBush wrote:
Story makes no sense. If he intended on fleeing, he would have, immediately. How did he get in a "tussle" leaving the scene if he already stopped?

I wonder if the cyclist's friends/neighbors got up in his face. I know if that happened I'd get the hell out of there, although I would go directly to the copshop rather than take off for home.

Why would a bystander try to restrain them? License plates work, no? If someone put a hand on me after what is an ACCIDENT, no matter whose fault it is, I'd split & let the cops sort it out later.

GWB

+1.

Posted on: 2008/8/25 14:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/14 0:06
Group:
Registered Users
Story makes no sense. If he intended on fleeing, he would have, immediately. How did he get in a "tussle" leaving the scene if he already stopped?

I wonder if the cyclist's friends/neighbors got up in his face. I know if that happened I'd get the hell out of there, although I would go directly to the copshop rather than take off for home.

Why would a bystander try to restrain them? License plates work, no? If someone put a hand on me after what is an ACCIDENT, no matter whose fault it is, I'd split & let the cops sort it out later.

GWB

Posted on: 2008/8/25 14:43

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/8 18:57
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
my 2 second PSA...

If riding at night, make sure you have a light on your bike! I have one of those red blinking ones that cost like $10, and it's so worth it!

Sucks that the guy fled the scene.

Posted on: 2008/8/25 13:13

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/5/18 11:36
Group:
Registered Users
ugh, i ride my bike around there all the time. i hope someone got this scumbag's license plate number so the authorities can apprehend him.

Posted on: 2008/8/25 13:11

Downtown: Cyclist broken leg in hit and run
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Broken leg in Jersey City hit and run

Jersey Journal
Monday, August 25, 2008

A 40-year-old cyclist was injured in a hit and run in Jersey City early Saturday morning, police reports said.

A witness told police he saw a dark blue pickup truck traveling south on Brunswick Street collide with the cyclist at the intersection with Christopher Columbus Drive at 3:34 a.m., reports said.

The driver of the pickup got out of his truck but fled the scene after the witness got into a tussle trying to detain him, reports said.

The cyclist was treated at Jersey City Medical Center for non-life threatening injuries, including a broken leg, reports said. A spokesman for the hospital said yesterday he was in stable condition.

CHARLES HACK

Posted on: 2008/8/25 13:07

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017