Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
123 user(s) are online (109 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 123

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 6 »

Re: celebrity spotting
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

shantyirish wrote:
Adrian Grenier, of Entourage fame, was seen checking out local hotties in Tacqueria's backyard patio tonight at 9:o0 pm. He bobbed his head to the AC/DC soundtrack. After his eyeball session, he presumably enjoyed fish tacos - extra hot sauce - with an apple soda.

I hope he understands that they didn't treat him like crap because he's a celebrity but they treated him like crap because he was a customer.

Posted on: 2009/8/2 17:14

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/9/26 20:59
From 240 Newark Avenue
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

eggzbenedict wrote:
Quote:

shantyirish wrote:
Adrian Grenier, of Entourage fame

He plays in a band called The Honey Brothers who played at APW.

They had Dan Green on bass today - a great local musician who you may remember from such bands as Kilsy and Bongo Surf.

Mark.

Posted on: 2009/8/2 6:39
www.JerseyCityMusic.com
-----------------

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/16 4:48
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

shantyirish wrote:
Adrian Grenier, of Entourage fame, was seen checking out local hotties in Tacqueria's backyard patio tonight at 9:o0 pm. He bobbed his head to the AC/DC soundtrack. After his eyeball session, he presumably enjoyed fish tacos - extra hot sauce - with an apple soda.

He plays in a band called The Honey Brothers who played at APW.

While not my cup of tea, they were a fun band of the indie-jam-folky(?) ilk.

Posted on: 2009/8/2 6:18

celebrity spotting
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/11 16:39
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2009/8/2 3:29

Re: **CELEBRITY SIGHTINGS IN JERSEY CITY ***
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 3:29
Group:
Banned
Quote:

yagger wrote:
i saw jon stewart with his wife and 2 kids shopping at newport mall last week. no joke.

Nuh uh.

No way.

Posted on: 2008/12/23 3:06

Re: ERIC CLAPTON
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/24 18:16
From "Pay for Play"
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MYBEAT wrote:
Quote:

BrightMoment wrote:
Quote:

MYBEAT wrote:
A while back someone had posted a thread that stated Eric
Clapton was spotted DTJC leaving a friends home.

Can anyone verify this rumor ?

Thx

Probably hangin' with John P. Hammond (son of John Hammond, Jr., noted Columbia Records Producer) who lives here. There's a thread on John Hammond, Jr. here too.

His album, Southern Fried('69 Atlantic Label) with Duane Allman remains a fine example of slide/bottleneck guitar work in duet with Allman, around.

Also, Hammond had some interesting connections to other musical icons:
Resized ImageQuote:
[...]John Paul Hammond

One of the world?s premier acoustic blues artists, John Hammond is a Grammy winner and seven-time Blues Music Award winning artist who has shared the stage and/or recorded with the greatest legends of the blues, including Muddy Waters, Willie Dixon, John Lee Hooker and Howlin' Wolf. With over thirty albums to his name, Hammond is revered by musicians of all walks, as exemplified by those who have produced some of his recent albums - Tom Waits, Duke Robillard, Los Lobos' David Hidalgo and G. Love.

In addition, he is the only person who ever had both Eric Clapton and Jimi Hendrix in his band at the same time, even if it was only for five days in the 1960s when Hammond played The Gaslight Cafe in New York. To his regret, they never recorded together. Hammond also deserves some credit for helping boost The Band to wider recognition: he recorded with several of their musicians in 1965, and recommended them to Bob Dylan, with whom they undertook a famed and tumultuous world tour.
[...]

Does Hammond live in HP?

Yes he does.

Posted on: 2008/12/22 19:42
Resized Image
Help US Sue Spectra! Join OR Donate!

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/10 23:17
Group:
Registered Users
Sure hope he did not walk past the skin care badgerers!

Posted on: 2008/12/22 18:46

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/9/7 14:58
Group:
Registered Users
i saw jon stewart with his wife and 2 kids shopping at newport mall last week. no joke.

Posted on: 2008/12/22 18:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/1/22 18:21
Group:
Banned
Quote:

BrightMoment wrote:
Quote:

MYBEAT wrote:

Thx

Probably hangin' with John P. Hammond (son of John Hammond, Jr., noted Columbia Records Producer) who lives here. There's a thread on John Hammond, Jr. here too.

His album, Southern Fried('69 Atlantic Label) with Duane Allman remains a fine example of slide/bottleneck guitar work in duet with Allman, around.

Resized ImageQuote:
[...]John Paul Hammond

One of the world?s premier acoustic blues artists, John Hammond is a Grammy winner and seven-time Blues Music Award winning artist who has shared the stage and/or recorded with the greatest legends of the blues, including Muddy Waters, Willie Dixon, John Lee Hooker and Howlin' Wolf. With over thirty albums to his name, Hammond is revered by musicians of all walks, as exemplified by those who have produced some of his recent albums - Tom Waits, Duke Robillard, Los Lobos' David Hidalgo and G. Love.

In addition, he is the only person who ever had both Eric Clapton and Jimi Hendrix in his band at the same time, even if it was only for five days in the 1960s when Hammond played The Gaslight Cafe in New York. To his regret, they never recorded together. Hammond also deserves some credit for helping boost The Band to wider recognition: he recorded with several of their musicians in 1965, and recommended them to Bob Dylan, with whom they undertook a famed and tumultuous world tour.
[...]

Does Hammond live in HP?

Posted on: 2008/12/22 18:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

LoKo498 wrote:
Theres alot of rappers here in JC, & Ive seen & read about the PIMP on page 1 & have to check out his thread I heard about on here. Right now, The PIMP is still locked up in Hudson County Jail.

I'm referring to celebritys who actually have talent and not Thugs who belong in Rahway...

But thanks anyway.

Posted on: 2008/12/19 15:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/5/23 10:53
Group:
Registered Users
Theres alot of rappers here in JC, & Ive seen & read about the PIMP on page 1 & have to check out his thread I heard about on here. Right now, The PIMP is still locked up in Hudson County Jail.

Posted on: 2008/12/19 15:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
So, Eric clapton does frequent JC from time to time??
Wow, didn't imagine in my wildest dreams that EC would chill in JC....pretty cool !!!

I wonder if He brings "Blacky" along as well???

Posted on: 2008/12/19 14:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From "Pay for Play"
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

heights wrote:
Quote:

MichaelJC wrote:
I ashamed to even admit I know who he is, but I saw Zac Efron walking out of the Doubletree Hotel last Friday.

You must be over thirty then. You better run like Logan because you can't be trusted anymore.

I never heard of "Zac Efron" so googleized him.

For us boomers, most gen x icons are not on the radar.

...course I'd better crutch on past Logan.

Posted on: 2008/12/19 14:09
Resized Image

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MichaelJC wrote:
I ashamed to even admit I know who he is, but I saw Zac Efron walking out of the Doubletree Hotel last Friday.

You must be over thirty then. You better run like Logan because you can't be trusted anymore.

Posted on: 2008/12/19 12:24

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/10/9 4:54
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2008/12/19 6:14

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/10/19 19:54
Group:
Registered Users
i seen pm dawn, several members of wu tang, queen latifah, heard ludacris on the radio say he owned in newport. there's really a lot. but they're just too low-key. they live in jc strictly for the view to the east, and second for the convenience. nothing else more really. if i was a celebrity, i'd move the fck away from jc! and moreso manhattan and if i were to be in jersey for some stupid reason, most likely it would be on blvd. east or river road, strictly for the best view on the planet!

Posted on: 2008/12/19 1:40

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/3/9 20:30
From Paulus Hook
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

solittletime9 wrote:
He was a little scrubbed out and looked a little shady but i think his sunglasses were gucci (which are like $1500) so it makes sense if it was him- anyone else ever see him in Jersey City before?

$1500? Gucci sunglasses are not nearly that expensive.

Posted on: 2008/12/18 22:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From "Pay for Play"
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MYBEAT wrote:

Thx

Resized ImageQuote:
[...]John Paul Hammond

[...]

Posted on: 2008/12/18 22:33
Resized Image

ERIC CLAPTON
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned

Thx

Posted on: 2008/12/18 14:26

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/11/3 12:12
From van Vorst
Group:
Registered Users
Monday 7 PM Mos Def Starbucks at Grove pointe. He looked like he was designing something and an entourage of people were taking notes.

Posted on: 2008/8/6 13:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/2/27 17:44
From Van Vorst Park Historical District
Group:
Registered Users
A few years back, I was at a dinner party chatting with Margaret from the band Tuscadero.

She happened to mention that she had lived in Downtown Jersey City's Hamilton Park neighborhood and she really liked it.

But sadly she has since moved to New York City.

I'm not sure if the average MTV watcher or radio listener would know Tuscadero's work.

But anyone who was fan of indie pop or college radio in the '90s would probably remember them.

They released their music mainly through Teenbeat Records (which is NOT AT ALL affiliated with the magazine) and Elektra Records.

Since then, the former Jersey City resident has gone on to form a groovy all-female trio called Hot Pursuit.

My favorite HP song is their ultra-catchy "Number One," which you can listen to by clicking here.

In my view, the upbeat track is the best love letter to computing since Kate Bush's "Deeper Understanding."

But instead of the self-destructive lyrics in Kate Bush's song referenced here, the words of Hot Pursuit's sweet-as-sugar recording are pretty darn happy-go-lucky.

Posted on: 2008/8/6 10:50

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/7/28 12:53
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

CANKICKER wrote:
Quote:

solittletime9 wrote:
I saw what looked like sean penn- he was a little heavier than I remember, but I saw some pictures after and he did gain some weight.
He was a little scrubbed out and looked a little shady but i think his sunglasses were gucci (which are like $1500) so it makes sense if it was him- anyone else ever see him in Jersey City before?

Ok, between the clapton sightings and now Sean Penn in JC, I believe some of the posters here have gone overboard.

You know, there are Lookalikes and did ya ever think that just maybe these people that have been spotted are not the real deal ????

Just a thought.

CK

Well Sean Penn used to date Bruce Springsteen's sister and I actually saw him at the Stone Pony before (a few years ago)- and I talked to him so I know it was definitely him - so it's not like he doesn't ever come into Jersey-
I could be wrong though- it just really looked like him

Posted on: 2008/7/24 13:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/3/27 15:08
Group:
Banned
Quote:

bdlaw wrote:
Was he looking at places at Liberty Harbor North?

When I'm looking to drop half a mil on a condo in a new development project in a gentrifying city I know nothing about, manufactured internet hype about celebrity sightings is just the push I need to sign that contract.

Posted on: 2008/7/23 14:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/11/19 15:19
Group:
Banned
Quote:

solittletime9 wrote:
I saw what looked like sean penn- he was a little heavier than I remember, but I saw some pictures after and he did gain some weight.

Ok, between the clapton sightings and now Sean Penn in JC, I believe some of the posters here have gone overboard.

You know, there are Lookalikes and did ya ever think that just maybe these people that have been spotted are not the real deal ????

Just a thought.

CK

Posted on: 2008/7/23 14:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/6/1 2:41
Group:
Banned
Was he looking at places at Liberty Harbor North?

Posted on: 2008/7/23 14:15

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/7/28 12:53
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2008/7/23 13:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/4/30 16:20
Group:
Banned
He caught a break and will son be seen ON BROADWAY!

[quote]
croft wrote:
one of the guys from the drifters lives in jersey city somewhere... i've seen him up the corner on occasion. i can't remember his name though...[quote]

I saw him "Up On The Roof".

Posted on: 2008/7/23 12:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/14 20:15
From Crystal Point
Group:
Registered Users
phil mickelson is at liberty science center right now

Posted on: 2008/7/21 17:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/3/15 19:57
Group:
Banned
No not a riddle, im very confused if that is a man or a woman.

Posted on: 2008/7/20 3:06

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/6/20 20:52
From Greenville, Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jc_insomniac wrote:
Saw His Pimpliciousness at the WTC PATH this morning. Today's outfit wasn't as eye-catching as his other ones. He only got a few double-takes and stares.

Resized Image

I've seen this guy at WTC once before too. He was wearing that same suit but in green. He looked like a leprechaun.

Posted on: 2008/7/20 2:34

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 6 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017