Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
90 user(s) are online (77 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 90

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Car broken into - outside Gull's Cove
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/13 17:19
From time to time
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
TheHookJC wrote:
Anyway, I gave her a hard time and told her that all of his paperwork was literally on the street and she was sending someone.

Resized Image

Posted on: 2008/8/28 15:16

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/9/16 19:10
From Paulus Hook
Group:
Registered Users
Their was a car with a broken window outside of my apartment on Sussex St. this morning. So I called the non-emergency number because the guys stuff was all over the street and I would want someone to call it in as well. Anyway the operator told me that they could not come unless the owner called it in? That makes no sense. What if they are on vacation or parked it the night before and are not coming back until later in the day? Anyway, I gave her a hard time and told her that all of his paperwork was literally on the street and she was sending someone.

So if your neighbors door has been kicked in and they are on vacation, do the police have to wait for the owner to call it in?

Posted on: 2008/8/28 13:23

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/11/17 22:30
Group:
Registered Users
you can't get a telephone number of the owner of a vehicle when you run the plate. what should be done is that the owner of the vehicle should update the registration on his car ....like he is supposed to....so the police can get the owner's actual address.

quit blaming the cops for your stupidity!!!!!

Posted on: 2008/7/30 4:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/3/15 19:57
Group:
Banned
Was the car a station wagon of some sort, because I think I saw the car your talking about walking to the lightrail. If its the same one, when we walked passed we saw all the broken glass and noticed there was a bag sitting in plain view in the passenger seat. This could of been why the break in occured.

Posted on: 2008/7/29 18:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 3:29
Group:
Banned
I think that the car owner has some sort of responsibility to watch his/her own car and not expect the authorities to track him down (although that would be lovely). The police report being there at all is a miracle.

That block is a tricky one, alternately deserted and/or with all sorts of people coming and going to the marina and the bar-which-shall-go-unnamed-to-avoid-thread-hijack, so it's a risky place to leave a car unattended for so many days.

Posted on: 2008/7/29 15:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
The fact that there was a police report might be a really good thing - someone must have called and maybe seen it happen - or they might have caught the guy already. Let us know what the report says!

I hope there wasn't any money showing through the window...

Quote:

sporkster wrote:
... The passenger side window was punched out, and about $2 in toll booth change was missing from the change drawer. That's it b/c there was literally nothing else of value inside. :( There was a notification of a filed police report tucked into the driver's side mirror, but I'm wondering why the JCPD doesn't also try to contact the owner once they file the report?? Is it really that hard to get a phone number from the license plate number?

Posted on: 2008/7/29 15:37

Car broken into - outside Gull's Cove
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/8/27 13:32
Group:
Registered Users
My friend's car was broken into sometime last week between Tuesday and Friday on the stretch of Marin right outside Gull's Cove, near the lightrail. (The car isn't used everyday, so I didn't notice until I went to go move it on Friday evening.) The passenger side window was punched out, and about $2 in toll booth change was missing from the change drawer. That's it b/c there was literally nothing else of value inside. :( There was a notification of a filed police report tucked into the driver's side mirror, but I'm wondering why the JCPD doesn't also try to contact the owner once they file the report?? Is it really that hard to get a phone number from the license plate number?

Posted on: 2008/7/29 15:32

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017