Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
122 user(s) are online (95 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 122

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Man attacked outside Newport mall; 3 charged -- large group of teens and young men behaving diso
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

wibbit wrote:
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
I have said it before and I'll say it again. We need to bring back the Draft. YES, many privileged kids will escape or delay their service but it is obvious from the many incidents witnessed daily in our local communities and schools that it is the under-privileged kids who may need the discipline offered by Military Service. Instead these 18, 19 and older kids are hanging out on the streets planning their next crime. I have heard so many stories over the years from people whose lives were set on the right course by their Military Service. Look at the generations that emerged after WW II. How many of them got a free education and a new life? I know all about the horrors of Viet Nam and Iraq/Afghanastan but believe me the present administration LOVES having a volunteer Army. These new recruits are there because they wanted to be. A volunteer will rarely question an officers judgement. Not so in a conscripted Army. Besides, nothing will push a kid toward College like the threat of a Draft.

God no, lets please keep our trash in our own country. The last thing those poor iraqis need now is a bunch of wolfpacks dressed up pretending to be soldiers with m16 assault rifles. US is unpopular around world nowdays as it is, no need to make it worse.

I think a better solution would be tougher laws, especially for juveniles (age 14+).

I assume you are being facetious. Tougher Laws? Like the tougher Gun Laws they don't enforce? Draft.

Posted on: 2008/7/10 12:53

Re: Man attacked outside Newport mall; 3 charged -- large group of teens and young men behaving diso
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/5/19 22:46
Group:
Registered Users
I believe I have mentioned these books in another thread. The author's offer some pretty logical solutions:

http://www.amazon.com/Fist-Stick-Knif ... oks&qid=1215690475&sr=1-1

I think that this book should be a mandatory readlist book for teens:

http://www.amazon.com/Raw-Law-Hip-Hop ... oks&qid=1215690770&sr=1-1

Posted on: 2008/7/10 11:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/26 3:33
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
I have said it before and I'll say it again. We need to bring back the Draft. YES, many privileged kids will escape or delay their service but it is obvious from the many incidents witnessed daily in our local communities and schools that it is the under-privileged kids who may need the discipline offered by Military Service. Instead these 18, 19 and older kids are hanging out on the streets planning their next crime. I have heard so many stories over the years from people whose lives were set on the right course by their Military Service. Look at the generations that emerged after WW II. How many of them got a free education and a new life? I know all about the horrors of Viet Nam and Iraq/Afghanastan but believe me the present administration LOVES having a volunteer Army. These new recruits are there because they wanted to be. A volunteer will rarely question an officers judgement. Not so in a conscripted Army. Besides, nothing will push a kid toward College like the threat of a Draft.

God no, lets please keep our trash in our own country. The last thing those poor iraqis need now is a bunch of wolfpacks dressed up pretending to be soldiers with m16 assault rifles. US is unpopular around world nowdays as it is, no need to make it worse.

I think a better solution would be tougher laws, especially for juveniles (age 14+).

Posted on: 2008/7/10 5:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

bdlaw wrote:
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
...believe me the present administration LOVES having a volunteer Army. These new recruits are there because they wanted to be. A volunteer will rarely question an officers judgement. Not so in a conscripted Army. Besides, nothing will push a kid toward College like the threat of a Draft.

Really?

Yes really. If there is one thing we all should have learned over the past 7+ years is that the current Military hierarchy does not want the likes of YOU or ME. They want the people who have volunteered to be there and therefore won't question their authority. Yes, there is dissension among the ranks but it is nothing compared to what would happen if conscripts were among the ranks. Any conscripted Viet Nam vet will tell you the same. Not to mention how it would also influence decision making amongst our politicians whose sons and daughters might actually be in harms way.

Posted on: 2008/7/9 18:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Christine16 wrote:

I'm not saying that the security gaurds currently employeed are the greates (obviously they arent).

Simon malls is a huge company, I'm sure if they wanted to they could hire decent security. With a new wave of high end stores there/coming in (sephora, coach, Armani exchange) they are eventually going to have to do something.

From Simon Malls website:

Simon Security Services

Overview:
Security Services is responsible for providing a safe and secure environment which is so integral to a superior shopping experience for our customers. Security also plays a key part in providing excellent customer service as well as assuring appropriate emergency preparedness practices are in place.

For further information, please contact:
CSecurity@simon.com
317-464-8948

Posted on: 2008/7/9 17:46

Re: Man attacked outside Newport mall; 3 charged -- large group of teens and young men behaving disorder
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/8 18:57
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

CANKICKER wrote:
Quote:

Christine16 wrote:
What's sad here is that the people involved are pretty young. Of course, it's a parenting issue (or lack of), but also, maybe the mall security guards should get off their segways and actually police. There is no reason that large groups (regardless of age, race, gender, etc.) who are obviously not shoppers should be allowed to gather and just hang in the mall (I don't care how hot it is outside).

I was there yesterday and a group of students were blocking the entrance. When I said excuse me the very "well-spoken" loud mouth of the group started yelling "Of all the entrances you have to use this one... Excuse you"

I'm sure the retailers would love to know that the thugs are actually deterring paying customers.

Mall Security ??? what mall Security,have you taken a good look at whos securing the mall ??? Theres not much seperating the Security from the Thugs we're all blogging about.

What a Joke !!!

CK

I'm not saying that the security gaurds currently employeed are the greates (obviously they arent).

Simon malls is a huge company, I'm sure if they wanted to they could hire decent security. With a new wave of high end stores there/coming in (sephora, coach, Armani exchange) they are eventually going to have to do something.

Posted on: 2008/7/9 16:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/6/1 2:41
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
...believe me the present administration LOVES having a volunteer Army. These new recruits are there because they wanted to be. A volunteer will rarely question an officers judgement. Not so in a conscripted Army. Besides, nothing will push a kid toward College like the threat of a Draft.

Really?

Posted on: 2008/7/9 16:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/3/27 15:08
Group:
Banned
Quote:

rocky34 wrote:
Kids are going to be the next victim of crime, they are either threatened by their parents or by others, because of these region only they are moving towards the darkness of the crime.

Sweeeeeet sweeeeeeet SPAM...

Posted on: 2008/7/9 16:11

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/7/9 14:56
Group:
Registered Users
Kids are going to be the next victim of crime, they are either threatened by their parents or by others, because of these region only they are moving towards the darkness of the crime.

Posted on: 2008/7/9 15:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2008/7/9 4:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/11/10 19:14
Group:
Registered Users
It seems to me that over the last 20 years the lack of respect many of our children/teens have for authority and adults has been growing and growing. Just look at all the 100's of web-sites showing video of horrible teenage beatings, classroom antics against teachers, humiliation, theft, serious violent crimes, the unimaginable school shootings the F-you attitude towards many of our educators, the lack of parental skills, etc. Some say it will take generations to regain our moral footings. A serious re-programming is in order.

When do we start to really hold these parents accountable? When do parenting classes become mandatory? I think kids need to be shown the insides of a prison early on, especially the ones getting caught early. I know the ACLU and other groups would be in an uproar but seriously if this continues on this path we will be a police state under 24 hour surveillance in another 20 years.

I read an interesting article that someone did on soldier?s combat behavior in WWII vs. the first Iraq War. One of the findings was that many of these young soldiers in WWII routinely had trouble pulling the trigger on their enemy. They froze knowing they were about to kill another human being. However, in comparison to the first Iraq War, these soldiers had no problem gunning away. The author was relating it to just how desensitized are youth have become due to violence in the media and in video games.......I think there is a lot of truth to it.

Posted on: 2008/7/9 3:49

Re: Man attacked outside Newport mall; 3 charged -- large group of teens and young men behaving disorder
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/7/8 19:40
From Jersey City Heights
Group:
Registered Users
I'm beyond disgusted with these thugs who think there tough who think that victimizing regular folks is kewl.

They'd never standup to someone who means real business.

They hide amongst their so called friends and think that they are the sh*t. I've seen the type. If alone they'd never even attempt to behave as such.

They are nothing but a bunch of punks and as far as the state of affairs with today's youth who engage in this type of behavior I can't express my disappointment and disgust.

These are the people that are supposed to take care of me when I retire. Hah, good luck on that one...

Posted on: 2008/7/9 3:45
www.ninasdogwalk.com

A positive attitude brings strength, energy and initiative.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/5/13 20:32
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

wibbit wrote:

are you not from around here or just live in a bubble? Those wolf pack kids will randomly gang up and assault people for no reason other than "fun", there were many similar incidents reported in jc, in some cases the victim were hurt much more severely. I dont even think it's gang initiation, just complete moral indifference and the desire to cause harm. And the situation is not getting any better.

Fine, a 'wolf pack' is a possibility, but that is no more common than a group of people attacking another person in retaliation for something. I don't think my theory should be completely dismissed as you suggest.

Posted on: 2008/7/9 0:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

CANKICKER wrote:
Security,have you taken a good look at whos securing the mall ??? Theres not much seperating the Security from the Thugs we're all blogging about.

What a Joke !!!

CK

That mall has more security guards than the police force of an average town. Whether or not they are doing anything is another story...

Posted on: 2008/7/8 23:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/11/19 15:19
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Christine16 wrote:
What's sad here is that the people involved are pretty young. Of course, it's a parenting issue (or lack of), but also, maybe the mall security guards should get off their segways and actually police. There is no reason that large groups (regardless of age, race, gender, etc.) who are obviously not shoppers should be allowed to gather and just hang in the mall (I don't care how hot it is outside).

I was there yesterday and a group of students were blocking the entrance. When I said excuse me the very "well-spoken" loud mouth of the group started yelling "Of all the entrances you have to use this one... Excuse you"

I'm sure the retailers would love to know that the thugs are actually deterring paying customers.

Mall Security ??? what mall Security,have you taken a good look at whos securing the mall ??? Theres not much seperating the Security from the Thugs we're all blogging about.

What a Joke !!!

CK

Posted on: 2008/7/8 21:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

heights wrote:
If we would have only 2 family rentals and convert the rest of the apartment buildings into condos this problem would be solved. Since the 70's when I was a kid as a Hudson County resident we would take a day trip to the Willowbrook Mall in Passaic County It was cool to be a Mall Rat, never a problem there. The patrons were NEVER hassled; the kids there were practically from the neighborhood, not from hoodlums. They were clean-cut or earthy looking wearing red tag Levis and Wallabies. I remember Smuggler's Attic, Zum Zum, Orbach's, Bamberger?s, Lorry's Restaurant, and various book Stores. I was never too keen on having a mall in an urban setting such as J.C. Going into Newport Mall sometimes feels like the forbidden zone. Oh those were the days.

Right on Heights, I hear ya, the mall here in JC is a magnet for thugs and groups of punks !

CK

Posted on: 2008/7/8 21:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 3:29
Group:
Banned
Quote:

wibbit wrote:
Quote:

ansky wrote:
Not that it makes things any better, but somehow I doubt this was a random incident. I doubt a group of guys just walked up to a random person and punched him in the face. The attackers probably had something against this guy - maybe he provoked them. They never seem to give that side of the story when these things are reported in the paper.

are you not from around here or just live in a bubble? Those wolf pack kids will randomly gang up and assault people for no reason other than "fun", there were many similar incidents reported in jc, in some cases the victim were hurt much more severely. I dont even think it's gang initiation, just complete moral indifference and the desire to cause harm. And the situation is not getting any better.

People say, it's because they are from broken families, tough neighborhoods etc.. it's all bullshit, no excuse for their actions. I agree on the abortion comment, unfortunately statistics show the exact opposite, those gangbangers are most likely to NOT have abortions, a big part of this is because the government will pay more money the more children there are per family with no income.

Wow. The assumption that these kids are better off dead is so depressing. And to feel that you are in the position to make such a declaration must feel really good and strong and powerful. Easier to just wish them all aborted than to take action to improve anything.

Yikes.

Oh, one more thing....

IBRC.

Posted on: 2008/7/8 20:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/26 3:33
Group:
Banned
Quote:

ansky wrote:
Not that it makes things any better, but somehow I doubt this was a random incident. I doubt a group of guys just walked up to a random person and punched him in the face. The attackers probably had something against this guy - maybe he provoked them. They never seem to give that side of the story when these things are reported in the paper.

People say, it's because they are from broken families, tough neighborhoods etc.. it's all bullshit, no excuse for their actions. I agree on the abortion comment, unfortunately statistics show the exact opposite, those gangbangers are most likely to NOT have abortions, a big part of this is because the government will pay more money the more children there are per family with no income.

Posted on: 2008/7/8 20:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

ansky wrote:
Not that it makes things any better, but somehow I doubt this was a random incident. I doubt a group of guys just walked up to a random person and punched him in the face. The attackers probably had something against this guy - maybe he provoked them.

I disagree. I have witnessed these wolf-packs hassling random people just because they happened to be there.

Posted on: 2008/7/8 19:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2008/7/8 19:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

heights wrote:
If we would have only 2 family rentals and convert the rest of the apartment buildings into condos this problem would be solved. Since the 70's when I was a kid as a Hudson County resident we would take a day trip to the Willowbrook Mall in Passaic County It was cool to be a Mall Rat, never a problem there. The patrons were NEVER hassled; the kids there were practically from the neighborhood, not from hoodlums. They were clean-cut or earthy looking wearing red tag Levis and Wallabies. I remember Smuggler's Attic, Zum Zum, Orbach's, Bamberger?s, Lorry's Restaurant, and various book Stores. I was never too keen on having a mall in an urban setting such as J.C. Going into Newport Mall sometimes feels like the forbidden zone. Oh those were the days.

and Orange Julius.

Posted on: 2008/7/8 18:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2008/7/8 17:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/4 17:25
Group:
Registered Users
forced sterilization of anyone convicted of a violent crime sounds like an excellent plan to me.

Posted on: 2008/7/8 16:31

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/8 18:57
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2008/7/8 16:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 3:29
Group:
Banned
I don't think many people would call themselves "abortion advocates," but those of us who support and appreciate the right to choose think it's tacky to use the term in relation to street punks.

Throw them in jail. Better yet, get them better social and family support systems that will keep them off the streets in the first place.

On a related note, I am in full support of forced sterilization of people who talk on their cell phones when driving.

Posted on: 2008/7/8 15:58

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/5/15 1:20
Group:
Registered Users
As with many other issues, CK and I are in-sync.

It really is a disgusting shame because that victim could be anyone of us just passing through or, even worse, pushing our child in the stroller.

It?s just terrorizing, opportunistic bullsh*t ----- and for what? It?s not like these animals were trying to make off with a few dollars or something else valuable.

And no, I?m not an advocate of abortion either, but it?s a subject that will provoke far less uproar than my true solution ---- forced sterilization!

Posted on: 2008/7/8 15:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

djh101 wrote:
Ughh! I get so disgusted hearing stories like this. The world would be a far better place if thugs like these were abortion statistics instead. Sadly, there's no going back in time.

Amen !!!!, I'm not an advocate for Abortion, but in some cases, I'm certain it would have saved the world from certain misery !!!

It's summer, The Thugs just love to Migrate over to the Mall for some free AC and victims galore !!!!

What a shame !!!

CK

Posted on: 2008/7/8 14:52

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/5/15 1:20
Group:
Registered Users
Ughh! I get so disgusted hearing stories like this. The world would be a far better place if thugs like these were abortion statistics instead. Sadly, there's no going back in time.

Posted on: 2008/7/8 12:53

Man attacked outside Newport mall; 3 charged -- large group of teens and young men behaving disorder
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Man attacked outside Newport mall; 3 charged

by Journal staff
Monday July 07, 2008, 11:44 PM

A man and two teens, all of Jersey City, were arrested in the attack on a 23-year-old man at Newport Centre Mall Sunday, police said.

Authorities said Alvin Farmer, 20, and two teenagers, ages 16 and 17, were arrested early Sunday evening after the victim reported that a large group of teens and young men surrounded him.

The teens and young men, ages 16 to 22, were shouting and behaving disorderly on the second level of the mall in the area of Macy's, JC Penny and into the food court, police said.

As the young men were leaving the mall, the victim was walking toward the mall when he was punched in the face, authorities said.

Farmer was charged with aggravated assault, police said. The two teens were transported to the Juvenile Bureau for processing, police said.

Posted on: 2008/7/8 8:33

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017