Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
97 user(s) are online (77 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 97

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

Re: BEWARE Crack down on parking and permits etc.
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/6/5 13:19
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
In all seriousness...the sign only says "PARKED over 2 hours". If you drive your car around the block and go to another store, it has not been PARKED for 2 hours. I think that what the JC Parking Authority does is highly illegal.

Posted on: 2008/6/30 19:38

Re: Visitor Parking Permits/Parking Regulations
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/6/5 13:19
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
JHS-

You need a copy of your lease and a notarized letter from you stating that he lives with you (not sure if you need one if you are with him) ...They will give him a 3 week temporary permit.

Posted on: 2008/6/30 19:34

Re: JC parking permit renewal fee?

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/7/2 23:21
Group:
Registered Users
how soon before your parking permit expires did you receive your renewal application? (i've been dreading going back to the parking authority to renew my permit after having spent about 1 1/2 to get my initial permit last year). it would be great to be able to do everything through mail this time.

Posted on: 2008/6/30 4:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/3/3 2:45
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
I have a friend moving up here from VA to live with me. It will take some time before he can get his license, registration, and insurance switched over to NJ. PLUS, he's low on cash right now.

My question: how do we deal with parking until he's set up with his car in NJ?

I own my apt so I'll fill out a tenant agreement so he has proof of address.

Anyone been in this situation? Suggestions MORE THAN welcome!

THANK YOU!

Posted on: 2008/6/30 4:20

BEWARE Crack down on parking and permits etc.
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/2/17 14:13
Group:
Banned
Two tickets at $152/each in less than a week for me. Yes, I have no permit due to leasing vehicle and some bizarre complication related to that which no one can figure out.... not the DMV, leasing company, parking permit people, insurance company, title company - notta.

Regardless - parking for a year rotating with diligence and suddenly I learn I cannot park my vehicle in SAME ZONE more than ONCE in a day, once you've parked there ONCE you cannot move your car, go shopping and come back EVER. Okay, maybe I should have known this but I used to leave in the morning 8-10 time range and come back between 3-5 pm and WAS NEVER TICKETED FOR A WHOLE YEAR.

I figured that seeing as my vehicle was gone for many hours in between it was okay. It HAS BEEN OKAY FOR A YEAR of doing it with her driving by everyday. But NO MORE. They were just being lazy before apparently. I learned the hard way and so did about 3 other vehicles on our block, another block and another block in the past week. Never seen so many yellers, shouters and aggravated people - poor girl.

That doesn't stop her from NOT ticketing my neighbor's car when he's parked illegally during street cleaning - but that's because he knows her personally. Seen it with my own eyes, he told me with a wink. But the guy is nice, what can I say.

Posted on: 2008/6/26 17:43

Re: JC parking permit renewal fee?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/7/8 14:23
Group:
Registered Users
$15.00. I just renewed mine.

Check out their website http://www.jcparking.org/

Posted on: 2008/6/4 1:51

JC parking permit renewal fee?
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/11/3 12:12
From van Vorst
Group:
Registered Users
I just recieved my parking permit renewal envelope. Does anyone know what the renewal fee is? Oddly enough its not posted on the envelope. I dont get it

Posted on: 2008/6/4 0:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/6/22 20:18
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
question for anyone that may know...
on the zone permit parking application available for download at this link parking

it states that non residents can get a permit for $300. i have a friend that works in harborside financial center plaza 4A. he parks out on the main street for $125 per month currently but was asking if he would be eligible to obtain this non res permit for $300 since he is a non resident but does work in JC. does anyone know if he would be eligible and if so what zone he would be parking in. thanks in advance.

Posted on: 2008/6/3 11:02

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/2/17 0:53
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2008/5/27 13:22

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/5/19 14:58
Group:
Registered Users
In my opinion, JC is one unorganize city. Nothing is free anymore around here. They want people to come to JC to do their shopping or what not, but parking is like a gold mine to jersey city municipal. this happened a while back, my car got booted up parking in front of my sister in laws house cause I have to do a repair but guess what as soon as I got out the commies already botted up my wheel. Living on jersey city for 35 years and now you can't even visit a friend in downtown for more than 2 hours. Jersey city is for everyone to park not just the residence of downtown Jersey city. We want our city back where we can park.

Posted on: 2008/5/18 18:41

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/8/21 13:49
Group:
Registered Users
I dunno about all that.....I still hear that honking 4 days a week.

Posted on: 2008/5/16 15:40

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/12/29 4:33
Group:
Registered Users
Friend's dad just got booted. They parked in Zone 6 for 2 hours, Zone 5 for 2,
then BACK to Zone 6 (which they'd been told 2 years previously was ok, after leaving the zone) for a few minutes. Within 5 minutes of return, the BOOT. Followed by the call to pay with credit card, the code
to release the boot, and then the drive to RETURN the boot within 24 hours (or $25/day additional charge applies for the boot itself!).
-----------
Field supervisor drove by and we talked to him. Here's what I understand from our conversation. (Don't take my word for it, check on your own!).

IF you park a little bit after 3 pm in a zone on, say, Monday, you are good till 10 a.m. on Tuesday.

(3-5 p.m. on Monday equals one day's 2 allowed hours,
8-10 a.m. on Tues. equals the following day's 2 allowed hours.)

Here's another point, which was news to me. IF you park in a zone at, say, 12 pm., but only stay there for 10 minutes, your allowable time in that space is till 2 p.m. PERIOD. If the parking guy has put your license number in the COMPUTER at, say 12:00, at 2pm THAT IS IT FOR THE DAY. NO good moving out of the zone at 12:15, then moving back in at 3 p.m. to the original zone for another 2 hours or even another 2 minutes!!

Once the clock starts on your 2 hours (at 12 p.m. in my example), that is it for the DAY. Your time in that zone is USED UP at 2 pm, even if you haven't actually been parked there for two hours....

Is that clear? It seems like a VERY frustrating system to me, but this is how it is done, according to the person we spoke with.

Only plus is that now we can go get those $3 guest permits (each good for ONE day only)...
--------
ALSO we were told that the old leniency by the street-cleaning parking ticket people (where they'd beep to warn stragglers to move their car, so as to avoid a ticket) is not done now because SO many people complained about the NOISE of the beeping. SO they stopped doing that, now people complain about the fact that they don't get that warning anymore!

Posted on: 2008/5/15 19:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/3/3 2:45
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Do you need a guest pass for the weekend?

Posted on: 2008/5/11 4:15

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/9/12 16:50
Group:
Registered Users
Does anyone know what the story is for a contractor with a commercial license plate? Do they have to have some sort of parking permit to do service work that takes longer than 2 hours?

Posted on: 2008/5/7 13:19

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/8/21 13:49
Group:
Registered Users
My understanding is that you CAN park up until 8am and after 5pm on weekdays without a permit. My best friend spends half the damn week with me, and hasn't gotten a ticket or a boot yet?
I thought the contrary until someone told me different, and then I actually read the street signs that seem to indicate so.

Anyone know different?

Posted on: 2008/5/2 0:33

Re: Visitor Parking Permits/Parking Regulations- new info

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/9/23 1:43
Group:
Registered Users
I haven't been to the JCPA to get a parking pass in about a year and a half, so I learned a few things during my visit today (grrr):

Visitor parking passes are no longer free- they are three dollars per pass, which can only be used on one car for one day each. The good news is that it appears you can buy as many as you want when you make a trip, so you don't have to keep going back with the liscense plate number, etc, each time you need one if you just stock up.

JCPA does not accept cash or credit, so remember your check book or you can buy a money order in the post office next door.

And you have to fill out one of the regular parking pass forms for whatever reason when you get there, I guess so they can look up your name and address to make sure you are a resident.

Of course, none of this information about visitor passes is posted anywhere in the parking office, or from what I could find online, even though the policy seems to have changed only a couple months ago (where you used to walk in, give them lisense plate numbers, and get passes for free).
So I waited in line, then they told me I needed to fill out a form. I waited in line again, and then was told that each pass was 3$, and that they didn't take cash. I waited in line again at the post office to buy the money order. I waited in line again at the parking office only to learn that you need to purchase a pass for each individual day, instead of them giving you one for multiple days for the same car like they used to. Fortunately, instead of waiting in line again at the post office then again at the JCPA, the woman let me buy another one with three dollars in cash. An hour later, I left.
I didn't realize until I left that I could have stocked up on parking passes, but I didn't feel like waiting in line at the post office again for another money order.

So now after reading all of your posts about booting, do I need to use one of my precious parking passes if my visitor arrives after 3pm on one of the days? (because I thought visitors were okay after 5 and before 9am, and after 3pm since they can park for 2 hours anywhere). Please tell me no.

Posted on: 2008/5/1 19:05

Re: Parking in paulus hook
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/12/9 4:00
Group:
Registered Users
No, actually I was parked on the block where I live. I have the right zone permit. The ticket and notice left on my car say that I was booted because I was parked over 2 hours.

Posted on: 2008/3/15 14:15

Re: Parking in paulus hook
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/6/15 16:59
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
If you had a proper zone permit than the ticket was not for exceeding two hours.

Posted on: 2008/3/15 3:25

Parking in paulus hook
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/12/9 4:00
Group:
Registered Users
Does anyone else notice that the parking authority seems to be policing the streets of paulus hook 24/7 all of a sudden? Despite having a resident parking permit and parking on the right side for street cleaning, I still got booted last week for parking 12 minutes over the apparent 2 hour maximum.

Posted on: 2008/3/15 3:21

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/6/10 14:44
From Under the Turnpike
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

heights wrote:
Just like when we go down the shore and they give the us Bennies tickets. Yes God help the out of towners

haha. that's fantastic. I never knew bennies knew they were called bennies by the locals...

Posted on: 2008/3/5 14:45

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/6/10 14:44
From Under the Turnpike
Group:
Registered Users
No. 2 hours max and they are religious about ticketing once those 2 hours are up. If you do not have a resident permit and would like to plus 2+ hours...you need to have a resident obtain a guest parking permit for you at the JC Parking Authority.

Posted on: 2008/3/5 14:40

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/3/7 19:20
Group:
Registered Users
So this may be a silly question, but can you park for over 2 hrs before 8am or after 5pm without a resident permit?

Posted on: 2008/3/4 21:00

Re: Parking Zones
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/3/15 19:57
Group:
Banned
Thank you for the help, I was told what you just said by a few other people. Ill give them a call though.

Posted on: 2008/2/26 23:30

Re: Parking Zones
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/5/18 20:12
From Harsimus Cove
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

crushthedemoniac wrote:
I have a question, if someone works in downtown Jersey City but lives somewhere outside of JC can they still get a parking permit zoned for the area in which they work?

To my understanding, you can bring a pay stub & employment letter over to Central Ave. I think the permit costs around $300 for the year. Call the Parking Authority at 201-653-1919 for details.

Posted on: 2008/2/26 22:39
We are what we pretend to be. So we must be careful what we pretend to be - Vonnegut

Parking Zones
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/3/15 19:57
Group:
Banned
I have a question, if someone works in downtown Jersey City but lives somewhere outside of JC can they still get a parking permit zoned for the area in which they work?

Posted on: 2008/2/26 22:22

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/2/20 21:34
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nickie wrote:
GOOD NEWS, and of course the timing in ironic...I just got off the phone with the JC Parking Authority and starting sometime next week, JC will adopt Hoboken's visitor parking permit style. Anne, the woman who always answers the phone and my millions of questions, told me that the permit passes with the scratch-off dates will be arriving next weekend and you can pick up multiple passes in advance of a guest's visit. No information as to how much they will cost or how many you can get at one time, but this is definitely a huge relief!

Oh dear god this is amazing!!

I started keeping all my tickets as of Jan 1. I'm going to photocopy them all at the end of the year, write a nice letter, and ask that I get to name the next street that's paved in '09. Maybe someone down at PA will have a sense of humor and go for it. I actually average in tickets to my monthly expenses so that when I don't get them, I feel like I have extra cash.

I was moving out of my apt, the trunk was obviously opened and I was loading the back of my parents wagon, and there it was. While I was inside getting boxes, a BOOT. Thats just plain old mean. And it wasn't the new boot either, I had to get my landlord to close his shop for an hour to bring me to PA. (best landlord ever)

I wonder if the ticket people get a bonus if they hand out the most tickets? They must, how could anybody be such an ass without a really good incentive...

Posted on: 2008/2/19 5:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Just like when we go down the shore and they give the us Bennies tickets. Yes God help the out of towners

Posted on: 2008/2/19 3:05

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/2/21 17:16
Group:
Registered Users
I dont have my own car. I rent as a I need so I cannot get a permanent permit. I will be getting a few temporary permits. However I was wondering if there are any published parking rules that will allow me to determine if I should spend time contesting the charges and fines.

Any help would be great.

Thanks.

Posted on: 2008/2/18 23:21

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/10/9 4:54
Group:
Registered Users
The signs say 2 hour parking without a permit. It's pretty much the same everywhere so pay the $15 and get a permit

Posted on: 2008/2/16 13:04

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/2/21 17:16
Group:
Registered Users
A Similar thing happened to me today. I had driven away for a few hours and parked my car streetside in Newport across Duane Reade and my car had a BOOT.

It almost means that you can only park for 2 hours a day if you dont have a permit. That is not indicated on the street signs. I was thinking of contesting it.

Has anyone contested this before. Has the decision been in their favor?

Is there a place where all the rules are listed? Please let me know since I have not been able to find anything on anywebsite. When I went to return the boot device, they did not have a printout either that the could hand over to me.

Thanks.

Posted on: 2008/2/16 1:01

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017