Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
129 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 129

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Sick and tired of the Latin Lounge
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/3/14 4:37
Group:
Registered Users
Sorry Jaah37 to hear that you are having such difficulty contacting The Village Neighborhood Association. Our email seems to be working just fine, and I've received emails from other readers of this thread (Thanks to all of you). One possibility for your troubles is that when you click on the link in the earlier post to send an email, the period at the end of the sentence is included. Make sure you remove any extraneous punctuation.

info@jcvillage.org

If your email continues to kick back, I apologize. Information regarding our next meeting is included below:

Thursday, June 19, 2008 at 7pm
Use the Third Street alley entrance at Colgate Street.

Thanks,
Rob

Posted on: 2008/6/5 17:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/2/9 14:06
Group:
Registered Users
I have tried to e-mail the Village Association at the address listed in a few previous postings and it keeps coming back DENIED. ( used info@jcvillage.org.) Any ideas? Anyone know when and where they meet?

Thanks,
Jaah

Posted on: 2008/6/5 10:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/7/8 14:23
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks Jim for the info.

The Village Association have begun productive talks with the owner. You should really meet Jim and other Village members since he also lives on that street. The Village is not a new group at all. In fact, you may find many older residents in this group. The Village is a great neighborhood that still has retained many generations. Again, you should contact them and ask when their next meeting is at Carmine's.

Posted on: 2008/6/5 2:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/10 11:55
Group:
Banned
Question:
Has anyone tried to contact the owner of Latin Lounge and get to know his position first? He might be so busy trying to keep the bar running with increasing costs etc that he's not aware that you all in that area are very unhappy with his business. I have no clue who he is but I do know he's been there for a long time and in defense of a possible oblivious business owner I think that attacking without talking first will only cause a rift between the newbies moving in and those who have live there a long time.
Obviously I am from Lafayette and I find that when all these new neighborhood groups get together they leave out those who have been in the neighborhood a long time. That's when the problems get worse and people get angry.
Not everyone that has lived through the rough times in JC and still living it is "uncaring about their neighborhood". It doesn't matter what color you are JC is a mixed community and every neighborhood should be abiding by laws and JC codes. Whether they get enforced depends on the unity of the community. Just my 2 cents......

Posted on: 2008/6/4 18:24

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/3/21 16:54
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

pchops wrote:
The Village Association has been very concerned about the Latin Lounge. You should reach out to them. Sadly, I do not have their contact info. However, they do attend the Captain's Monthly Meeting (last tuesday of every month at P.S. 4) and the Downtown JC Watch Meeting (next meeting is June 9th, Monday, at 7pm, Grace Van Vorst Church. Enter on 2nd Street). The Village could use more unified voices at these police meetings.

You can email downtownjcwatch@gmail.com and I will forward you to a contact person from the Village.

Thanks pchops, the Village Neighborhood Association is concerned with this quaity of life issue. If any one has any questions, concerns or suggestions about the 2nd St. bars please e-mail us at info@jcvillage.org. We look forward to hearing from you so we can bring this up at our next meeting.

Jim

Posted on: 2008/6/4 18:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/7/8 14:23
Group:
Registered Users
The Village Association has been very concerned about the Latin Lounge. You should reach out to them. Sadly, I do not have their contact info. However, they do attend the Captain's Monthly Meeting (last tuesday of every month at P.S. 4) and the Downtown JC Watch Meeting (next meeting is June 9th, Monday, at 7pm, Grace Van Vorst Church. Enter on 2nd Street). The Village could use more unified voices at these police meetings.

You can email downtownjcwatch@gmail.com and I will forward you to a contact person from the Village.

Posted on: 2008/6/4 2:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/10 14:50
From hamilton park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TheVillage wrote:
I think all the residents of second street should all go there one Saturday night to mingle with the bars regular patrons. We can swap stories, get their point of view, we can convey ours etc etc. After all is said and done we can all leave peacefully.

Anyone up for a few pints at the Latin Lounge this Saturday night???

that's right, safety in numbers, when you're done there how about heading up to Music Box with me.

Posted on: 2008/6/3 19:59
utterly deplorable

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/8/29 17:50
Group:
Registered Users
I think all the residents of second street should all go there one Saturday night to mingle with the bars regular patrons. We can swap stories, get their point of view, we can convey ours etc etc. After all is said and done we can all leave peacefully.

Anyone up for a few pints at the Latin Lounge this Saturday night???

Posted on: 2008/6/3 16:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/18 19:17
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
it's true. some bars (and their patrons) are douchier than others.

I lived 30 feet from the Goldhawk, in Hoboken, and slept quite peacefully, no matter how many (considerate, grownup) smokers were lingering outside.

the mood would change drastically at 2am, when the frat boys would spill out of 10th and Willow and scream their way home, pausing only to throw a trashcan or piss in a doorway.

10th & Willow was a block and a half away from my apartment, and was exponentially more disruptive than the bar right across the street.

(Belated thanks to Fran at Goldhawk for respecting his neighbors.)

Posted on: 2008/6/2 19:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 20:41
Group:
Banned
greenville and elvis both have points. the overall idea behind greenville's post (dont live next to a bar if you dont want noise) is true, but elvis' counterpoint is partially true. the key point is that not all bars (actually, not all bar patrons) are created equal. since i dont frequent jc bars too often, i'll use a hoboken analogy: i'm sure most people wouldn't mind living next to madison bar and grill, but most would be opposed living upstairs from lana lounge or bahama mamas. obviously , even though all 3 are bars, there would be alot more noise / problems coming from the 2nd two.

the other thing to note is the problem lies with the patrons, and not the bar itself. unless the bar owners/bartenders are handing out pistols or drugs (which may very well be happening, i dont know), then to fault the bar for rowdy patrons is unfair. besides kicking people out of the bar or forcing them to move off their sidewalk, i dont know what else they can do. maybe it is up to the local homeowners to gather evidence if they really feel so bothered by the noise or altercations.

edit -
as far as loud music blaring into late hours of the night.. if they are doing it past 230am then you might wanna bring it up to a higher authority if the police isnt getting involved. get evidence and mail it to the city council (i think theres supposed to be a quality of life task force or dept). maybe get a few signatures from your neighbors who feel the same way (i know alot of people in the area feel the same way you do).

Posted on: 2008/6/2 17:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/15 16:41
Group:
Registered Users
Greenville,

You realize how dumb you sound, no? Read all the posts and then try again. I have already said I don't mind living near a bar as long as they respect the neighborhood. Lamp Post has never given me problem 1 and they are just as close. (cue the people calling me racist)

You follow this logic or should I dumb it down a shade so you can understand?

Posted on: 2008/6/2 17:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/4/20 14:33
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Two other venues to pursue:

1. The monthly captain's meeting. This meeting is unfortunately very lightly attended, but the police is there to listen to your issues and they DO respond. You and your neighbors should attend and voice your concerns.
2. Mayor's Action Bureau. I personally have not called them yet, but I've heard from others that they get results.

Posted on: 2008/6/2 17:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/7 20:21
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

elvis wrote:
Actually Geenville, if you had bothered to read any of my post, you would see that any Lounge (be it Caucasian, Yuppie or otherwise) with patrons that disrespectful would piss me off. Its not so much the loudness, but the lateness of the hour. When they are disrespectful pricks at 11pm, I shrug. At 2am, its getting to a point I can not tolerate. At 4am, its downright insane.

So instead of just assuming I am an angry yuppie who just hates Latin people. Your accusatory tone has no business here. Actually think about what you are saying before you hit Post.

Amigo, you should of not move next to a bar if you did not want to deal with that type of stuff, plain and simple.

Posted on: 2008/6/2 17:26

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/5/11 14:40
Group:
Registered Users
If you want this problem solved, you have to get aggressive. Go to and become active in your neighborhood association, talk with your neighbors, there is strength in numbers. Get organized. Complain to the Jersey City Alcohol Beverage Control Commission as well as the state board. Call the Jersey Journal. Video tape the situation, video tape the police inaction, go to council meetings be relentless or you won't get anything done. The people who own that place have been around here along time, they know people, you have your work cut out for you. Good luck

Posted on: 2008/6/2 15:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Actually Geenville, if you had bothered to read any of my post, you would see that any Lounge (be it Caucasian, Yuppie or otherwise) with patrons that disrespectful would piss me off. Its not so much the loudness, but the lateness of the hour. When they are disrespectful pricks at 11pm, I shrug. At 2am, its getting to a point I can not tolerate. At 4am, its downright insane.

So instead of just assuming I am an angry yuppie who just hates Latin people. Your accusatory tone has no business here. Actually think about what you are saying before you hit Post.

Posted on: 2008/6/2 14:13

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/9/2 6:41
Group:
Banned
Has anybody made the Caucasian Lounge joke yet?

Posted on: 2008/5/31 1:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/30 18:46
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
Greenville, that's why I'm going to buy the Latin Lounge. I'm going to rename it The Caucasian Lounge.

Posted on: 2008/5/30 22:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/7 20:21
Group:
Registered Users
Since when a bars quiet? This guy sounds like the people in New York that bought condos on top of a mall and then complained about the Christmas music been too loud! I bet anything that if the bar was name the "Yuppie Lounge" and had the same amount of noise this guy would be praising it instead of bashing it.

Posted on: 2008/5/30 22:31

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/8 18:57
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
That sucks for you. None the less, the dancing in there can be fun and I do love Presidente beers

Posted on: 2008/5/30 20:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/8/15 13:56
Group:
Banned
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:
I'm thinking of opening a bar called The Caucasian Lounge. You think that would fly?

No, but Caucasus Lounge might.

Posted on: 2008/5/30 20:03

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/16 4:48
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

elvis wrote:
Sigh. Let me try and explain this to you without causing a big argument. I dont mind normal bar noises. This bar well exceeds anything that comes out of a normal bar. Trust me. Until you live where I do, do me a favor and try to understand (as you have already admitted) you don't know anything about this bar.

If it was normal bar noises, I would understand. This is way excessive. The lamp post is also two doors down and I never have a problem with those people. Why? Because they respect the neighborhood. Do me a favor and come on by tonight. Check it out for yourself. Until you do that, you really say anything, can you?

I ADMIT NOTHING!!!

Actually, I said I don't know anything about the people that go there. I know where it is, what it is and have seen people in front of it. And when I was looking for a new apartment, I avoided that block at all costs.

Even "normal" bar noise should be enough to make one think twice about living near a bar.

Posted on: 2008/5/30 19:53

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/4/29 10:29
Group:
Banned
only if you make a mean white russian.

Posted on: 2008/5/30 19:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/30 18:46
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
I'm thinking of opening a bar called The Caucasian Lounge. You think that would fly?

Posted on: 2008/5/30 18:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Sigh. Let me try and explain this to you without causing a big argument. I dont mind normal bar noises. This bar well exceeds anything that comes out of a normal bar. Trust me. Until you live where I do, do me a favor and try to understand (as you have already admitted) you don't know anything about this bar.

If it was normal bar noises, I would understand. This is way excessive. The lamp post is also two doors down and I never have a problem with those people. Why? Because they respect the neighborhood. Do me a favor and come on by tonight. Check it out for yourself. Until you do that, you really say anything, can you?

Posted on: 2008/5/30 18:57

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/16 4:48
Group:
Registered Users
I have never been to the Latin Lounge, nor do I know anything about the people who go there, but I do know this- Don't move into a building near a bar!!

How could you not think there would be late night noise living by a bar?

Seriously, you made your own bed, now you have to try and sleep in it.

Things I have learned living in JC-

Unless you like the sound of church bells, avoid living within 2 blocks of a church.

If you work from home, or nights, don't live by a school. Sure, parking is plentiful, but on those warm days, the shrieking of young children will wake even the heaviest of sleepers.

Lastly- Don't move too close to the bar!! They serve beer and stuff in those places. Beer has been known to make some people kinda loud.

Posted on: 2008/5/30 18:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Before you respond with something like that, try reading the whole post. You just make yourself look ignorant and frankly, waste all of our time.

From someone who gets his name from a Patrick Swayze movie, you would think you would be more enlightened.

Posted on: 2008/5/30 17:49

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/2/28 8:43
Group:
Banned
No different than the patrons across the street at the lamp post. It's a bar.. so it will have loud drunk people. Eat some platanos you racists..

Posted on: 2008/5/30 17:39

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/1/21 16:58
Group:
Registered Users
That bar is on of the main reasons I didn't buy a condo on that block. For one, it's not the friendliest looking bar; I mean, jeez, add some windows. But the vibe just did not sit well with me. I figured that bar would be a major problem.

Posted on: 2008/5/30 16:53

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/2/6 21:32
Group:
Registered Users
I agree. I live in the area and this bar has a very negative impact on the quality of life in an otherwise great area. Last night was ridiculous. I was up half the night because of a few rowdy patrons being very loud in the street. I pulled out the police non emergency number this morning in case it keeps up. It doesn't seem to help but I will keep trying. I don't mind bars in the area and a little noise but this place is very disrespectful to the neighborhood. I am happy to see another complaint. This is my first time posting but the problems the Latin lounge cause my neighborhood is something I can't be quiet about.

Posted on: 2008/5/30 16:35

Sick and tired of the Latin Lounge
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I don't know if any of you live near this horrible place, but I do and it has, hands down, the most disrespectful patrons I have ever seen. Besides pulling up in thier cars BLASTING music and double parking ALL THE TIME, the bar itself is blasting music until late into the night. Since they can't smoke inside, most patrons stand on the sidewalks LATE at night screaming (because the music inside has made them deaf) Last night was the worst in awhile. With summer coming, more of these deadbeats are lingering outside.

The worst part is, the police have no interest in stopping any of these offenses. They have been called on numerous occasions and do nothing. As much as they like to crow about improving quality of life, I have never seen a response to numerous noise complaints. Even after that guy ran some people down, the cops stood by and did nothing about the real cause of the problem. (Why would they want to bust their good friends at the Latin Lounge?)

And just to silence some of you people who want to feign outrage, no, I am not a racist. Deadbeats of all walks of life, color and creed walk in there all the time. Just because its called teh Latin lounge, doesn't mean its just latino people in there.

Posted on: 2008/5/30 16:00

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017