Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
88 user(s) are online (62 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 88

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Kudos to JCPD
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Kudos to the JCPD who have twice in the last week responded to my calls about the loud and obnoxious late-night basketball games in HP. Both times they responded within minutes and shut down the games. If you see/hear these a-holes playing late nights Please call it in at 201-547-5477. Keep the pressure on against this real nuisance.

Posted on: 2008/6/13 2:34

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/8/21 13:49
Group:
Registered Users
Yeah, my convertible top has been destroyed on two different occasions when I lived in the heights....even tho the windows come out with the flick of a zipper, they still wanna tear up the stitching and knife the windows....grrrr.....

And of course both times, stole nothing.

Posted on: 2008/5/20 15:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/5/16 16:22
From beneath the jumping sheep
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

SpyderVash wrote:
Yeah I heard they hit several cars that night, my neighbor's jeep was broken into but he said they found it on the guys.

It's silly though, they sliced into his back side window when it's actually a peel-a-way

Oh, I also heard one of the cops mention having found a box cutter on one of those kids.

Quote:

GeorgeWBush wrote:
Now I understand all those, "They broke my window & there wasn't even anything to steal!" posts. Sure there was, but you'll never know what it was most likely, because if you knew it was there ya wouldn't have left it. I would have been convinced someone just broke the window for fun.

Couldn't agree with you more. I've had valuable items fall out of my pockets as I exited the car and not realize it until I get back into the car (usually a day or more later). I have to say I've been pretty damn lucky.

Posted on: 2008/5/20 4:36

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/1/28 21:20
Group:
Registered Users
I wish I had the problem of leaving $20 bills laying around unaccounted for. There is always something you can take out or off of a car in order to make some quick $.

The good news with the whole car theft thing is that they are non violent crimes for the most part. That is unless they are caught in the act one day.

Posted on: 2008/5/19 17:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/14 0:06
Group:
Registered Users
Slightly off topic- To quote Churchill, "Nothing in life is so exhilerating as to be shot at without result". I find myself feeling exactly like Winston.

Well, exactly, except you have to change "exhilerating" to "cringe inducing", change "shot at" to "stupid" and "without result" to "without having to pay for it".

Walked out to my car the other morning and saw a couple twenties sitting on the driver's seat, where I had stuck them after getting gas.

No broken window.

HOW IS THAT FOR LIVING DANGEROUSLY??

Now I understand all those, "They broke my window & there wasn't even anything to steal!" posts. Sure there was, but you'll never know what it was most likely, because if you knew it was there ya wouldn't have left it. I would have been convinced someone just broke the window for fun.

GWB

Posted on: 2008/5/19 15:29

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/5/1 18:51
Group:
Registered Users
Yeah I heard they hit several cars that night, my neighbor's jeep was broken into but he said they found it on the guys.

It's silly though, they sliced into his back side window when it's actually a peel-a-way

Posted on: 2008/5/19 14:58

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/1/28 21:20
Group:
Registered Users
Hopefully these are the kids who stole my car in that same area last week? Bravo guys!

Posted on: 2008/5/19 14:15

Kudos to JCPD
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/5/16 16:22
From beneath the jumping sheep
Group:
Registered Users
At around 3:00 this morning, as I was getting ready to go to bed, I heard someone yell, "Get on the ground! Now!"

So I rushed to our front window and watched for the next 15 minutes or so as two JCPD officers questioned and arrested two males across the street from our building on Grove St. From what I could hear, it sounded like the two 19-year-old males were seen by the patrolling cops attempting to break into the van parked across the street from us. I searched the NJ.com site to see if any articles have been posted, but haven't seen any so far. Maybe we'll get the full details on Monday.

Anyway, thanks to the JCPD for getting these two low lives off our streets!

Posted on: 2008/5/18 17:28

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017