Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
89 user(s) are online (82 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 89

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Jersey City Municipal Court sucks!!!
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
The City of Jersey City has the PT syndrome:
Parking Tickets
Property Taxes
& Political Turmoil

Posted on: 2008/5/3 1:59

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/10/29 16:00
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Actually, all you need is your license plate to pull up all outstanding violations. I have to agree with Ross all around, but don't confuse incompetence for corruption, or just plain limited personnel resources for incompetent administration.

The shift to online payments is an amazingly efficient mechanism, and based on personal experience, it works. You'll be paid up in less time than you may have spent waiting on the phone line previously.

http://njcourts.judiciary.state.nj.us/njmcdirect/atswepr2/home.do

All the best.

Geoff

Posted on: 2008/5/2 21:56

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/8/19 21:53
Group:
Registered Users
The ticket numbers should be on your suspension notice. Actually, all you need is one - NJMCdirect will display all your outstanding tickets if you enter a single one. I know this from sad experience.

Posted on: 2008/5/2 20:59

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/25 0:34
Group:
Registered Users
I noted in my posting that there is a discrepancy with these tickets and so need to speak to someone in person, preferably over the phone. There is no doubt in my mind that a city agency that run this way IS corrupt. At some point, those two terms are synonymous to me.

Posted on: 2008/5/2 20:53

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/8/19 21:53
Group:
Registered Users
Don't confuse corruption with incompetence. You can pay all your tickets AND your restoration fee online without ever having to take the bus to Summit Ave.

http://njcourts.judiciary.state.nj.us/njmcdirect/atswepr2/home.do

http://www.state.nj.us/mvc/About/restfee.htm

btw, the municipal court can't restore your driving privileges. You either have to do it online, or have someone drive you out to the service center in Wayne - - now THAT'S a nightmare.

Posted on: 2008/5/2 20:50

Jersey City Municipal Court sucks!!!
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/25 0:34
Group:
Registered Users
I have to admit that I am guilty of keeping up with alternate side of the street parking. I would like to say that due to my hectic schedule and late-night returns from Manhattan that it's understandable that I've made some mistakes--however, I make no excuses for myself, and as a dutiful citizen attempted to resolve the problem.

I think I had a total of (2) outstanding tickets in the last three months. I recently moved and was not receiving all my mail on time. Last week I received a letter postdated from Motor Vehicles to my new home advising me that my license was suspended as a result of said outstanding tickets. Now, the point of my story isn't that I'm forgetful, or that the city is rockin'-in some revenue as a result. . . it's regarding the utter incompetence of the Jersey City Municipal Court in responding to my attempt to pay for these tickets. As my license is suspended I don't want to drive to their shady Summit Ave. office just to stand on line for an hour, or be redirected a hundred times to a different person, all the while having to witness the spectacle of gangsters sending their friends to pay for their bails.

Therefore, I tried to call in order to get the appropriate ticket numbers as I don't have them anymore, but NOONE EVER PICKS-UP THE PHONE. EVER!! DURING THEIR REGULAR WORKING HOURS OF OPERATION BECAUSE THEY ARE SO COMPLETELY OUTRIGHT CORRUPT !!!

Because I failed once before with my parking problems I had the hellish experience of having to go there as my penitence once before. (Yes, Jersey City Municipal Court, having to go and experience your corrupt city bureaucracy is the truest form of hell for me!)

Their working hours are supposedly from 9am-5pm, you better believe that if you call at 3:45pm, NOONE will pick up the phone. What kind of system is this exactly? Is there no oversight? Is this really how our city funds are really being spent?? I have even GONE there in PERSON at 4pm, prior to that day's designated 5pm closing and have been told that the employees left early!!! You know, I don't think these are freelance jobs, where people can just come and go at their leisure. .

I intend to file a pretty major complaint after this rant. I encourage others who have had similar experiences do the same.

Posted on: 2008/5/2 20:39

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017