Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
151 user(s) are online (126 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 151

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Newport, Waterfont, Downtown: Man Falls From Balcony In Jersey City --"Possibly pushed off."
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/2 19:00
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Death of man who plunged from high-rise ruled suicide
by Michaelangelo Conte
Friday May 02, 2008, 1:16 PM

The death of a man who plunged from the roof of a luxury high-rise on the Jersey City waterfront yesterday has been ruled a suicide, officials said today.

The man, Chih Kuo Kao, 34, lived on nearby 10th Street and knew no one in the 34-story James Monroe apartment building in the city's Newport section, officials said.

Kao was pronounced dead at 9:17 a.m. by emergency medical technicians responding to the building, at 45 River South Drive, Hudson County Prosecutor Edward DeFazio said.

The Toronto man had been living with his brother on 10th Street for a short time, DeFazio said, adding that his body was spotted behind the building by workers on scaffolding.

Security video at the site seems to show Kao entering the building at about 1 a.m. and then leaving a short time later, DeFazio said. He reenters the building around 2:45 a.m. and shortly afterward what appears to be his body is visible on the ground outside, DeFazio said, adding that he had apparently gone to the roof and jumped.

Homicide investigators can't say with certainty that it is Kao on the security video but it appears to be, based on his general description, including the clothing he was wearing when found, DeFazio said.

It does not appear that anyone saw him jump, DeFazio said, adding that police have found no note and Kao's brother said Kao knew no one in the building. The brother said Kao had been distraught over the recent death of their father, DeFazio said.

An autopsy performed at the State Regional Medical Examiner's Office in Newark determined Kao died of multiple blunt force impact injuries consistent with a fall and they ruled the manner of his death to be suicide, reports said. The death had originally been classified as suspicious by police.

A person who answered the phone at the building today immediately hung up.

Posted on: 2008/5/2 22:02

Re: Newport, Waterfont, Downtown: Man Falls From Balcony In Jersey City --"Possibly pushed off."
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/1/19 21:19
Group:
Registered Users
yeah, injcsince81, don't mourn their sad deaths -- just make fun of them! It figures you've been living in JC since 1981. You must be brain-damaged.

Posted on: 2008/5/2 22:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/5/9 11:15
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

injcsince81 wrote:
Quote:

pazman wrote:
Quote:

Apparently.

I was in that restaurant (South City Grill - outdoor area) a day before that event.

If I go there again I'll take an indoor table.

I love sweet, sensitive guys.

My post was tongue-in-cheek, of course.

Sorry if it was lost on you.

I am not going to go into mourning for the Newport jumpers - although I'd like to point out that a major depression can be exacerbated by drab and impersonal living surroundings, much like the Newport shoe-box buildings.

Nice to see there are still know-it-all elitist assholes on this board.

This person was not a resident of Newport, the authorities are trying to figure out who he is.

Posted on: 2008/5/2 21:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/8/15 13:56
Group:
Banned
Quote:

pazman wrote:
Quote:

Apparently.

I was in that restaurant (South City Grill - outdoor area) a day before that event.

My post was tongue-in-cheek, of course.

Sorry if it was lost on you.

I am not going to go into mourning for the Newport jumpers - although I'd like to point out that a major depression can be exacerbated by drab and impersonal living surroundings, much like the Newport shoe-box buildings.

Posted on: 2008/5/2 21:42

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/5/28 16:28
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

07310 wrote:
Quote:

injcsince81 wrote:
A couple of years ago a dude jumped and landed just above a street-level restaurant there.

The person who jumped a few years ago was not a resident of the building. She was a friend of a resident, was going through a bad breakup and was very upset.

I thought it was a man who jumped.

Anyway, from what I understand the guy at the James Monroe wasn't "pushed off" but jumped as well. Apparently a suicide note was found. Still tragic, but at least there isn't a murderer on the loose.

Posted on: 2008/5/2 19:24

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/22 12:23
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Apparently.

Posted on: 2008/5/2 18:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

07310 wrote:
Quote:

injcsince81 wrote:
A couple of years ago a dude jumped and landed just above a street-level restaurant there.

The person who jumped a few years ago was not a resident of the building. She was a friend of a resident, was going through a bad breakup and was very upset.

Apparently.

Posted on: 2008/5/2 17:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/5/9 11:15
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

injcsince81 wrote:

Posted on: 2008/5/2 15:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2008/5/2 13:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
PROBE FATAL FALL

Friday, May 02, 2008
By MICHAELANGELO CONTE
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

A man plunged to his death from a luxury high-rise apartment building in Jersey City's Newport section yesterday morning and the death is being investigated by county homicide detectives to rule out foul play, officials said.

The man was already dead when found on the ground about 9 a.m. behind the 34-story James Monroe building on River Drive South. Within minutes, news helicopters were hovering above the area, on the Hudson River waterfront.

Jersey City police have classified the death as suspicious and officers of the Hudson County Prosecutor's Office Homicide Squad remained on the scene yesterday afternoon, Hudson County Assistant Prosecutor Michael D'Andrea said.

The prosecutor would not release any information on the incident, including the man's identity or the floor from which he fell.

Posted on: 2008/5/2 12:08

Newport, Waterfont, Downtown: Man Falls From Balcony In Jersey City --"Possibly pushed off."
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Man Falls From Balcony In Jersey City

Last Edited: Thursday,
Fox News

Police in Jersey City are investigating a man's fall from a high-rise balcony. They say it's possible he was pushed off.

MyFoxNY.com -- A man fell to his death from a balcony in Jersey City -- and police believe he may have been pushed.

It happened Thursday morning in the Newport section.

It's not clear what floor he fell from. The building -- 45 River South Drive -- is 20 stories tall.

Police have called the man's death suspicious. His name was not released.

Jersey City Police searched the building and a nearby parking lot.

The Hudson County Prosecutor's Office is investigating.

Posted on: 2008/5/2 3:01

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017