Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
137 user(s) are online (121 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 137

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: rental properties near Communipaw Ave and Monitor Street?

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/3/12 22:53
Group:
Registered Users
Agree, we are missing a coffee shop of some kind, would be great. But Puchu's deli on the corner of Lafayette and Pacific makes great sandwiches. I've been here for the past 3 years or so and never had any problem. If I come home late, I take a cab from Grove Path, but used to do that also when I stayed downtown. Use common sence, but I think on Monitor you will be fine, it's very close to the light rail, and now we have a bunch of new residents moved in to the Foundry. Looking forward to this Summer with the music festival!!!

Posted on: 2008/4/18 21:20

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/3/14 15:59
From 07304
Group:
Registered Users
I also live here and love the neighborhood. It much quieter than where i lived downtown and there are many older people who have been here a long time and have a vested interest in the neighborhood. I would not go south past communipaw or west past pacific though. The only draw back is there is only one neighborhood restaurant, Caesars. Though with things moving forward at Gulls Cove and Liberty Harbor i think more restaurants and services will only be one or two stops away on the light rail.

Posted on: 2008/4/18 19:17

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/4/1 17:10
From Bergen-Lafayette
Group:
Registered Users
I live in this neighborhood - it's great, esp. since it's so close to Liberty State Park, Liberty Science Center. it's generally quiet, except when kids are playing in the street or some random teenagers are goofing around. never had a problem walking outside late, with late rail, it takes about 45 minutes to commute to midtown, easy walk to downtown via Jersey Ave foot bridge. lots of great spanish food for takeout, there is one popular bar/restaurant in the hood: http://www.caesars-cafe.com/
havent been in a while but the food is descent

as for construction, there is a 4-story condo building being built across from the Foundry on the corner of Communipaw and Monitor, also another loft building is being converted called the Independent on Monitor St.

this site has some links to projects in development in the area: http://www.mghrealty.com/index.php

Posted on: 2008/4/13 19:13

rental properties near Communipaw Ave and Monitor Street?

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/4/16 0:49
Group:
Registered Users
Hi everyone,
My husband and I are considering renting a newly renovated apartment in this area. We have read that this area is part of the Morris Canal Redevelopment Project. Can anyone comment on the safety of this area and what it is like to live there? How much construction is currently going on in this area?

Posted on: 2008/4/13 15:14

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017