Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
102 user(s) are online (89 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 102

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

123 bus line to the Heights
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/21 15:03
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
I took the 123 bus from Port Authority to the heights today. The trip left on time at 2:20pm before the 99s which was not at its gate yet and schedule to depart also at 2:20. When the 123 bus got to Paterson Plank Road and Palisade Ave I could see the 99s bus pass by from the parallel road next to the Doric. So for time wise, it is not much slower, that is until it then. The smart NJ Transit people have the 123 bus drive in a circle on its way down Palisade Ave. It drives south down Palisade Ave and makes a left turn on Congress. It then makes another left to pass the Light Rail station and then another left onto Paterson Plank Road. Then another left BACK onto Palisade Ave to continue to Christ Hospital which is the end of the line. With no traffic that detour takes five minutes.

I will be calling NJ Transit to suggest that when the bus is traveling south on Palisade Ave that it makes a left onto Paterson Plank Road and then a right turn down the hill toward the Light Rail station before making another right turn back onto Congress and another left onto Palisade Ave to continue south on Palisade Ave.
I also think NJ Transit is not being fair with their fare. To go another mile they are charging it as a 3 zone instead of 2 zone. $2.55 it is $3.40. So if you live near Congress depart the bus there so you don't get charged another 85 cents for a few more blocks.

Posted on: 2008/4/8 20:02

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017