Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
140 user(s) are online (128 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 140

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Tragic end to crime trail of fury -- Cops: Shot self after robbery, 2 carjackings
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/14 0:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Quote:

GrovePath wrote:
Quote:

...Crooke-Martinez carjacked a Domino's Pizza delivery man on Kennedy Boulevard in Jersey City and forced him to drive to Bayonne, where he stole the man's cell phone, money and some pizza...

What a nut - I really feel for his victims - this really shows the need to stop the production and sale of handguns.

G-P, stop trolling for a gun control fight! don't we get enough of them? You should see the gun nuts come out of the middle America woodwork on a machine shop site I frequent. Kinda reminds you who votes republican besides the local "lower my taxes" crowd.

Oy. Enough baggin' on middle america. For such an inclusive, open minded bunch some folks on this board aren't willing to extend that tendency to anyone not living in the 5 (6?) boroughs.

Enough of that- Brew I can think of a few things a firearms enthusiast would want from a metal shop as opposed to a gun smith, and none of them are a great idea. 10 years federal/$250,000 fine per. And if they're just walking into a random fabricator & saying, "Hey can you make me X?" they're not very bright either.

I always wondered if metal shop owners had a list of objects they just flat out wouldn't make. I can think of one in particular that you could make out of a coke can (and make a higher quality one in a metal shop, obviously) that would take about 15 minutes to fabricate and the aforementioned 10 years to regret.

GWB

Posted on: 2008/4/10 19:56

Re: Tragic end to crime trail of fury -- Cops: Shot self after robbery, 2 carjackings
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

GrovePath wrote:
Quote:

...Crooke-Martinez carjacked a Domino's Pizza delivery man on Kennedy Boulevard in Jersey City and forced him to drive to Bayonne, where he stole the man's cell phone, money and some pizza...

What a nut - I really feel for his victims - this really shows the need to stop the production and sale of handguns.

G-P, stop trolling for a gun control fight! don't we get enough of them? You should see the gun nuts come out of the middle America woodwork on a machine shop site I frequent. Kinda reminds you who votes republican besides the local "lower my taxes" crowd.

Posted on: 2008/4/9 23:10

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/9/30 16:10
Group:
Registered Users
Sorry, the only people who deserve sympathy are the innocent victims. I feel for the people this guy hurt before I feel for the people who are related to this guy.

Posted on: 2008/4/9 20:46
Author, Dream-weaver, Visionary, plus Actor

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/4/20 14:33
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

justjoe wrote:
Respectfully, you miss the point of what is tragic there. It is not about the loss of his life, although I would not acknowledge any argument that it isn't a tragedy. And I would not sit in judgment of anyone else's death so gleefully.

The tragedy is the loss and pain suffered by his family and friends. They are suffering. They are not guilty of anything but caring about him. You cannot say that they are responsible for his crimes. Comments like yours only make that pain worse.

And, they do not speak well of you as a human being.

You have to give the guy some credit, at the end, he could have shot someone else, but instead only shot himself.

Posted on: 2008/4/8 17:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Doesn't Domino's have a "30 minutes or less" policy? Someone's getting lots of free pizzas.

Posted on: 2008/4/8 17:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 20:41
Group:
Banned
Quote:

justjoe wrote:
Respectfully, you miss the point of what is tragic there. It is not about the loss of his life, although I would not acknowledge any argument that it isn't a tragedy. And I would not sit in judgment of anyone else's death so gleefully.

The tragedy is the loss and pain suffered by his family and friends. They are suffering. They are not guilty of anything but caring about him. You cannot say that they are responsible for his crimes. Comments like yours only make that pain worse.

+1

Posted on: 2008/4/8 17:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Posted on: 2008/4/8 16:22

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/5/2 11:33
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2008/4/8 16:02

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/9/30 16:10
Group:
Registered Users
Tragic?? This guy got exactly what he deserved. What's tragic is that innocent people have to put up with criminals and the bleeding-heart writers who support them.

Posted on: 2008/4/8 15:29
Author, Dream-weaver, Visionary, plus Actor

Tragic end to crime trail of fury -- Cops: Shot self after robbery, 2 carjackings
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Tragic end to crime trail of fury
Cops: Shot self after robbery, 2 carjackings

Tuesday, April 08, 2008
By JASON FINK
JOURNAL CITY EDITOR

Family and friends could be seen consoling each other outside the Randolph Avenue home in Jersey City where a Bayonne man ended his life early yesterday morning as Jersey City police were closing in.

Charles Crooke-Martinez, 37, of Broadway in Bayonne, shot himself on the porch on the Randolph Avenue home where his grandmother and uncle live after engaging in a criminal rampage that spanned two states and involved a shooting, two carjackings and a robbery, officials said yesterday.

Rebecca Rivera, Crooke-Martinez's aunt, said her nephew was speaking to her brother, Ramon, when he shot himself. It is all "very sad," she said. Other family members declined to comment.

The tragedy began to unfold at 6:40 p.m. Sunday night when Crooke-Martinez stole a gun from a person he knew at an auto body shop on Grand Street in Jersey City, said Hudson County First Assistant Prosecutor Guy Gregory.

About an hour and a half later, Crooke-Martinez showed up in the Washington Heights section of Manhattan, where he shot the apartment door of his girlfriend's mother, said Gregory, who did not know if anyone was hurt in that incident.

New York police went to the scene and found his car but not him, said Gregory.

At about 10 p.m., Crooke-Martinez carjacked a Domino's Pizza delivery man on Kennedy Boulevard in Jersey City and forced him to drive to Bayonne, where he stole the man's cell phone, money and some pizza, Gregory said.

A little more than half an hour later, at 10:35, Crooke-Martinez robbed another man on Avenue C and 37th Street before going to a friend's house in Bayonne, reports said. The friend called the cops, but by the time they got there he was gone, said Gregory.

At 12:30 yesterday morning, Crooke-Martinez carjacked another driver, this time at 34th Street and Broadway, and ordered him to drive to Pacific Avenue and Grand Street in Jersey City, Gregory said.

He dropped off the driver of that car, who was unharmed, and drove to Randolph Avenue, to the home of his grandmother and uncle.

There, police found Crooke-Martinez on the porch with the gun in his hand, Gregory said; as cops approached, he shot in the air and then fatally shot himself.

Gregory said Crooke-Martinez was apparently disturbed by a "personal relationship."

No one has been charged with a crime and an autopsy is scheduled to be performed on Crooke-Martinez, Gregory said.

Staff writer Ken Thorbourne contributed to this report.

Posted on: 2008/4/8 13:47

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017