Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
133 user(s) are online (113 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 133

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 9 10 11 (12) 13 14 15 ... 17 »

Re: comcast last again.....
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 14:18
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users
I was just talking to Comcast customer service in Union City about switching back to the standard package from the digital package. The girl got frustrated when I didn't care that the difference is only four dollars. Totally unprofessional. It sounds like Comcast doesn't provide customer service training for their employees. You can hear the difference between companies that do and companies that don't.

Comcast is number two in the MSN Customer Service Hall of Shame.

Article

Posted on: 2008/5/28 20:32

Re: comcast last again.....
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 14:18
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users
We need the City of Jersey City to do something about it.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Verizon gets huge opening into New York TV market

Bloomberg

6:06 PM EDT, April 29, 2008

Verizon Communications Inc., the second-biggest U.S. phone company, reached an agreement with city officials to provide television service throughout New York City that would compete with cable and satellite companies.

Verizon officials said they intend to build over the next six years a high-speed fiber-optic network, opening a potential market of 3.3 million homes in the city's five boroughs. Sales of the service in Manhattan, marketed under the FiOS name, will start later this year, they said.

The network would give the company capacity to package TV, high-speed Internet connections and phone lines to compete with Time Warner Cable, Cablevision Systems Corp. and other companies.

"With the introduction of direct competition among cable companies, prices and service levels would reflect real market forces," said Deputy Mayor Robert Lieber.

Nationwide, New York-based Verizon had 1.2 million TV subscribers on its fiber network as of March 31, the company said. It has subscribers in some parts of Nassau and Suffolk.

Verizon's application calls for the company to pay the city a franchise fee of 5 percent of television revenue. The company also promises a $10 million grant to the city's TV station, WNYC. Verizon will pay another $4 million in an unrestricted grant to the city for a "Technology Education and Municipal Facilities" fund.

Potential competitors Time Warner and Cablevision both face franchise renewal this year, while satellite operators such as DirecTV Holdings are not regulated by the city, Cosgrave said.

Representatives of those companies didn't immediately respond to requests for comment.

The state Public Service Commission must also back the accord.

The plan anticipates Verizon building its network throughout the city by mid-2014. The company is to install fiber optic capacity in 30 percent of the city by the end of 2008, 50 percent by the end of 2010 and 80 percent by 2012.

Link

Posted on: 2008/5/20 15:19

comcast last again.....
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/11/25 20:46
Group:
Registered Users
when oh when is fios coming to VVP.... (verizon's not exactly concierge-level service but comcast is a nightmare)

"Comcast, whose service so infuriated a Virginia grandmother she took a hammer to a local Comcast office, tied with struggling Charter Communications for last place among cable and satellite firms."

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5j8 ... DqOyR1QECL8ZnrugD90P50T80

Posted on: 2008/5/20 15:04
"Someday a book will be written on how this city can be broke in the midst of all this development." ---Brewster

Re: Who here really, really hates Comcast?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/8/15 13:56
Group:
Banned
Quote:

srg1 wrote:
My service was out for a week. Not only did I not receive a credit on my latest bill, but they charged me $25.90 for the service call. They categorized it under "customer education." Now under a "new policy", I have to wait 5 to 7 days for a supervisor to review the credit request.

Comcast - deceive and frustrate the customer every chance you get.

I also loved the most recent "apology" letter they sent in the mail. They offered everybody a free VOD movie. Of course you had the order the movie, fill out a form and then request the credit by mail. What a joke. Crooks.

I can envision Comcast Customer Re-education Camps.

The prisoners pay for the room and board.

Posted on: 2008/5/6 11:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/9/7 0:45
Group:
Registered Users
My service was out for a week. Not only did I not receive a credit on my latest bill, but they charged me $25.90 for the service call. They categorized it under "customer education." Now under a "new policy", I have to wait 5 to 7 days for a supervisor to review the credit request.

Comcast - deceive and frustrate the customer every chance you get.

I also loved the most recent "apology" letter they sent in the mail. They offered everybody a free VOD movie. Of course you had the order the movie, fill out a form and then request the credit by mail. What a joke. Crooks.

Posted on: 2008/5/6 2:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/2/17 14:13
Group:
Banned
The first post has everything to do with net neutrality. Unless you aren't familiar with the definition. It's a youtube video from savetheinternet.com which is soley about net neutrality.

Posted on: 2008/4/29 23:51

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/12/3 0:37
From Paulus Hook
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

creativeconquests wrote:
I am just really learning about net neutrality and I am freaking out people! If you want the internet to remain free, freedom of speech and not a user-pay system.....watch this on youtube.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=cWt0XUocViE

And if you want to hate comcast even more...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvVp7b5gzqU&NR=1

What do these videos have to do with net neutrality? The second vid doesn't make me hate Comcast, it makes me hate lunks like the guy in the video who makes prank calls to Comcast while I'm stuck on hold.

Posted on: 2008/4/29 19:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/2/17 14:13
Group:
Banned
I am just really learning about net neutrality and I am freaking out people! If you want the internet to remain free, freedom of speech and not a user-pay system.....watch this on youtube.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=cWt0XUocViE

And if you want to hate comcast even more...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvVp7b5gzqU&NR=1

Posted on: 2008/4/29 16:01

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/5/29 21:24
Group:
Registered Users
I will let you know the final outcome so far I was able to generate a ticket. I just have to be persistent in following up. I use the computer for business primary so I do need reliability.

Posted on: 2008/4/6 21:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/5/13 20:32
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jet96 wrote:
I just want to add that we have to pay for cable it's not free. We should demand good service. I called them this morning and I asked for compensation for 3 days for not having perfect service. They generated a ticket for me and I will continue to push this. An idea for everyone. It adds up if we all do this.

I know you can request a credit if service is out for more than 24 hours. Although that probably doesn't apply to a partial outage like what occurred yesterday.

Posted on: 2008/4/6 17:17

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/10/10 16:29
Group:
Registered Users
Seriously, Jaded... there are more than just a couple of people who have needs for the internet beyond non-time sensitive items. If there's something breaking at work, and it's off-hours or on the weekend, I'd much rather log in remotely than take time out of my life to get into the physical office. While I understand that not everybody has these needs (or the ability to log in to work remotely), it's not just people 'posting kvetches on JC List'.

That said, it generally makes much more sense for Comcast to give the kind of service that it does, and give credits to those who complain, as A) Improving service beyond where it is now will cost them a significant amount of money, and B) the amount of people who complain compared to their entire customer base is going to generally be quite low. If the amount of credit that they give out starts competing with the amount of money they'd have to pay to increase reliability, they'd think about improving the service instead... but I don't think it's even possible for the credits to catch up with the network upgrade costs.

I'm not trying to defend them, but it's a business, and they're going to run their business in the way that gives them the most money.

Posted on: 2008/4/6 17:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/27 0:25
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
Wow, way to judge Jaded. You know some people might have work that depends on having a stable internet connection. I'm sure we would all like to go out and play but sometimes you can't.

Wow - I didn't know that posting kvetches on JC List constituted as "work"! But with 1,458 posts to your credit, I'm assuming it must pay quite well, too. How do I get in on such a gig?

Posted on: 2008/4/6 16:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

jet96 wrote:
I just want to add that we have to pay for cable it's not free. We should demand good service. I called them this morning and I asked for compensation for 3 days for not having perfect service. They generated a ticket for me and I will continue to push this. An idea for everyone. It adds up if we all do this.

Customer demands on a monopoly?! They should care what you think...why?

I threatened to cut down their wires and didn't manage to get their attention. The only reason I didn't is my neighbor doesn't deserve that.

Posted on: 2008/4/6 15:28

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/5/29 21:24
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2008/4/6 15:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/12/15 2:25
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JadedJC wrote:
You guys are upset because you can't get Internet on the nicest day so far this spring?? Honestly, what's WRONG with you people??? I noticed the problem this morning, shrugged, turned off the computer and headed out, figuring the problem would be fixed eventually and I could check e-mail later. Now that I've checked e-mail and the day's rants on JC List, time to head back out....

Wow, way to judge Jaded. You know some people might have work that depends on having a stable internet connection. I'm sure we would all like to go out and play but sometimes you can't.

Posted on: 2008/4/5 23:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/8/15 13:56
Group:
Banned
Quote:

JadedJC wrote:
You guys are upset because you can't get Internet on the nicest day so far this spring?? Honestly, what's WRONG with you people??? I noticed the problem this morning, shrugged, turned off the computer and headed out, figuring the problem would be fixed eventually and I could check e-mail later. Now that I've checked e-mail and the day's rants on JC List, time to head back out....

+1

I did the same thing.

Posted on: 2008/4/5 21:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/27 0:25
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2008/4/5 20:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/24 18:16
From "Pay for Play"
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

NNJR wrote:
A thread on DSLreports states that it is a area wide problem affecting PA, NJ.

Yep, comcast confirmed ALL of NJ/PA was down since 4:30am, Sat morn and I only got back up at 3

Posted on: 2008/4/5 19:27
Resized Image
Help US Sue Spectra! Join OR Donate!

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/9/9 2:20
Group:
Registered Users
i *think* it's back up and working now. Comcast still sucks, though...

Posted on: 2008/4/5 18:07

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/4/19 1:12
Group:
Registered Users
looks like its back. finally!

Posted on: 2008/4/5 18:03

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/9/30 16:10
Group:
Registered Users
This is really annoying.

Posted on: 2008/4/5 17:12
Author, Dream-weaver, Visionary, plus Actor

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
A thread on DSLreports states that it is a area wide problem affecting PA, NJ.

Posted on: 2008/4/5 16:52

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/10/31 12:12
Group:
Registered Users
Yep - we are having that too.

Posted on: 2008/4/5 16:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 11:59
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

gumbo wrote:
Is anyone else getting spotty internet access this saturday morning? for some reason i can connect to google, yahoo, and oddly, jclist. virtually nothing else.

i'm inclined to blame comcast, but since i have partial access it seems there is something else going on. anyone know?

I live on 10th and Erie and I am having the exact same symptoms. Glad to hear I am not the only one. I thought for sure it was a problem with my PC but it now seems like a Comcast problem.

Posted on: 2008/4/5 16:48

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/6/18 15:50
From Paulus Hook
Group:
Registered Users
I'm having the same problems others are having, what a #OOPS#ing pain.

For someone trying to use aim, i wasn't able to get the download app, meebo or aim express to work, but if you log into gmail and use their aim it will work.

Posted on: 2008/4/5 16:42

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/4/26 18:41
Group:
Registered Users
... the innerwebs have been dodgy since i started attempting access this morning ... 'round 7 a.m.

... homepage won't load, yahoo mail is fudged up ... slow as shite running uphill as i type ... marrone ...

Posted on: 2008/4/5 16:36

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/3/15 17:02
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Comcast had/has a DNS problem. They said some sites will work and others won't. They are working on correcting the issue.

Posted on: 2008/4/5 16:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Having interwebs problems here. I don't think it is comcast because some sites do work fine. Might be a backbone problem somewhere but I can't get on sites to find out.

Posted on: 2008/4/5 16:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/9/3 23:20
Group:
Registered Users
i'm going nuts without aim right now! argh...

Posted on: 2008/4/5 15:31

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/12/2 23:19
Group:
Registered Users
Is anyone else getting spotty internet access this saturday morning? for some reason i can connect to google, yahoo, and oddly, jclist. virtually nothing else.

i'm inclined to blame comcast, but since i have partial access it seems there is something else going on. anyone know?

Posted on: 2008/4/5 15:30

« 1 ... 9 10 11 (12) 13 14 15 ... 17 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017