Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
122 user(s) are online (103 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 122

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Re: Hamilton Park: Equinox style gym, noodle shop, bike store, bakery, ice cream parlor, pharmacy, b
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
I understand that Hamilton Place will make parking spots available to "non-residents" for $200.00 a month to help off-set their condo fees. This may help alleviate some congestion as far as street parking goes.

Posted on: 2008/3/17 22:14

Re: Hamilton Park: Equinox style gym, noodle shop, bike store, bakery, ice cream parlor, pharmacy, b
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/3/27 15:08
Group:
Banned
Quote:

ianmac47 wrote:
Quote:

I will keep an eye on those who will take up spaces they are not paying for.

Since its a condo project, they will in fact be paying taxes directly, just like you do, so I don't see why they shouldn't be allowed to park on the street like anyone else. Ultimately, the project is going bring businesses to Hamilton park, providing services locally, and ultimately meaning existing residents will have more services that are easily accessible without a car.

In before 2DogDoll replies to ianmac47 by blaming condo owners for their tax abatements, and asserts a superior right to the neighborhood by virtue of seniority.

Parking will always be an issue in a densely populated area, and the idea that street parking is in any way a "right" that brownstone residents are entitled to, but condo residents are not, is a joke.

Talk about the pot calling the kettle "elitist".

Posted on: 2008/3/17 22:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/6/15 16:59
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

I will keep an eye on those who will take up spaces they are not paying for.

Since its a condo project, they will in fact be paying taxes directly, just like you do, so I don't see why they shouldn't be allowed to park on the street like anyone else. Ultimately, the project is going bring businesses to Hamilton park, providing services locally, and ultimately meaning existing residents will have more services that are easily accessible without a car.

Posted on: 2008/3/17 20:03

Re: Hamilton Park: Equinox style gym, noodle shop, bike store, bakery, ice cream parlor, pharmacy, bar..
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/3/15 16:15
Group:
Banned
First of all Sal,I want and take handouts from no one.

I have no use for these shuttles. I never take take them and even if they were freely available, I never would.

With everything within walking distance of this community, it seems silly to ride a shuttle for a couple of blocks. They clutter our city streets and are a waste of gas. I always walk, rain or shine. If I need to go somewhere outside the community, I either take mass transit or take my car.

Second, I do pay exhorbitant taxes on my home and I do have a car. It is becoming increasingly more difficult to park a car near my home and I do resent the fact that our already tight parking situation is about to become unbearable.

I will keep an eye on those who will take up spaces they are not paying for. The parking police will do an especially good job with dealing with parked cars. Since I live across the street from the "complex" I don't need to stalk. They will be right there in open view.

Posted on: 2008/3/17 19:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/18 1:45
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
My understanding, from some of the HPNA meetings last year, is that the Dixon Mills bus *is* supposed to pick up anyone who flags it down.

Jen/Sam is that correct?

Robin.

Posted on: 2008/3/17 17:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/3/27 15:08
Group:
Banned
Quote:

2DogDoll wrote:
I hate elitism and Billc's post hit me the wrong way. I sincerely hope that the new community doesn't become a "them-and-us" situation' and we all live together in peace and harmony.
I am sorry BillC. Enjoy your new home.
I apologize to the JCList.
Helicopters at 6:00 in the morning and an unwelcomed confrontation with a striking union worker don't make for a good morning.

Them-and-us is hard to avoid entirely, but it doesn't help when "us" is expecting handouts from "them" in the way of use of a service that "us" doesn't pay for, and then cries "elitist" when politely told no.

It's a two-way street, and that itchy trigger finger of yours to go collecting license plates and stalk your new neighbors is very telling of what the years to come in Hamilton Park will be like.

Is there something in the water down there?

Posted on: 2008/3/17 17:37

Re: Hamilton Park: Equinox style gym, noodle shop, bike store, bakery, ice cream parlor, pharmacy, bar..
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
I hate elitism and Billc's post hit me the wrong way. I sincerely hope that the new community doesn't become a "them-and-us" situation' and we all live together in peace and harmony.
I am sorry BillC. Enjoy your new home.
I apologize to the JCList.
Helicopters at 6:00 in the morning and an unwelcomed confrontation with a striking union worker don't make for a good morning.

Posted on: 2008/3/17 17:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/27 11:11
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
[quote]
NNJR wrote:
[quote]
2DogDoll wrote:
BillC you are without doubt a most arrogant and pompous piece of $hit:

WOW someone woke up on the wrong side of the sidewalk this morning. GEEEEZZZEEE

Posted on: 2008/3/17 16:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/12/15 2:25
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

2DogDoll wrote:

? makes places like this work?? ????? ? you are moving into one of the most desirable neighborhoods in all of Jersey City --- where million dollar + townhouses are the norm ? and everything is at your doorstep including a 8 - 10 block walk to the PATH ? get your head out of you?re a$$

?residents vs non residents? ---this neighborhood was here long before you leaked out of someone?s nose. It is you who are the non-resident and it you who had better learn how to work with your neighbors

?? it is not practical for us to offer that service to you ?? who asked you to offer it ? someone said it would be nice to have ? most of us love the walk ?. Perhaps it will not be practical for us ?non-resident? Hamilton Park residents to shop in what promise to be your up-and-coming overpriced stores ?

perhaps we "non-resident" residents will not be happy with the increased traffic these shuttles will bring and where will they park while they are waiting for the "complex residents?"

Better yet, we ?non-resident? Hamilton Park residents should take down the license plate numbers of everyone of you ?residents? who will be parking on our streets and make serious noise to everyone in the City counsel and in the Mayor?s office about homeowners/tax payers? lack of street-side parking spaces.

Perhaps you should not be on a ?board.? A Board position requires diplomacy and people skills. You appear to have neither.

Forgot to take your meds? I agree with billyc. The residents of the buildings are paying for the shuttle. They are under no obligation to provide non-residents rides.

I also agree with ianmac47 to some extent. It would be nice if there was a standard service for all condos where non-residents of these condos could "buy" a membership.

for the record I don't live in a building with a shuttle.

Posted on: 2008/3/17 16:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/4/20 14:33
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

2DogDoll wrote:

? makes places like this work?? ????? ? you are moving into one of the most desirable neighborhoods in all of Jersey City --- where million dollar + townhouses are the norm ? and everything is at your doorstep including a 8 - 10 block walk to the PATH ? get your head out of you?re a$$

?residents vs non residents? ---this neighborhood was here long before you leaked out of someone?s nose. It is you who are the non-resident and it you who had better learn how to work with your neighbors

?? it is not practical for us to offer that service to you ?? who asked you to offer it ? someone said it would be nice to have ? most of us love the walk ?. Perhaps it will not be practical for us ?non-resident? Hamilton Park residents to shop in what promise to be your up-and-coming overpriced stores ?

perhaps we "non-resident" residents will not be happy with the increased traffic these shuttles will bring and where will they park while they are waiting for the "complex residents?"

Better yet, we ?non-resident? Hamilton Park residents should take down the license plate numbers of everyone of you ?residents? who will be parking on our streets and make serious noise to everyone in the City counsel and in the Mayor?s office about homeowners/tax payers? lack of street-side parking spaces.

Perhaps you should not be on a ?board.? A Board position requires diplomacy and people skills. You appear to have neither.

I'm pretty sure that when BillC was writing about "places like this" he was referring to the condo complexes, not the neighborhood. Also, when he talks about "residents" and "non-residents" he's referring to residents and non-residents of the condo complexes, not of the neighborhood. Your comments are totally off-base.

Posted on: 2008/3/17 15:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/2/7 17:42
From Ward E - Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

2DogDoll wrote:

2DogDoll, I'm flagging your post and have notified the webmaster. Hopefully he'll ban someone that actually deserves it.

Posted on: 2008/3/17 15:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
Actually, after looking at the municipal code:

"A. No autobus shall be operated upon any street until the owner or owners thereof have obtained the consent of the Municipal Council of the City of Jersey City."

I think the city should decline to consent. The bottom line is there is a finite amount of curb space for embarking and disembarking passengers around the PATH stations, and its already very crowded at Grove Street with the cab stand and the public buses.

Posted on: 2008/3/17 15:40

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2008/3/17 15:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
Its completely understandable that the various condo / rental projects aren't going to subsidize non-complex residents trip to the PATH. But at the same time, all these little jitney buses running around are going to get messy and chaotic. Obviously shuttle services are in demand, or the private developers wouldn't offer them. Many of the services overlap one another too; the Beacon I believe runs to Grove St; between the Beacon is Dixon Mills, so now there are two shuttles dropping off passengers at the already crowded Grove Street station. The city should really step in, offer some sort of carrot as incentive, and open up the services.

Posted on: 2008/3/17 15:04

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/9/9 20:58
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
These shuttles really make living at places like this, Dixon Mills, The Beacon, CanCo, etc really work, but you can't expect them to pick up anybody who wants a ride. They are generally "free" to residents because the operating cost comes out of condo fees. The drivers therefore don't carry money, and we don't want them to take that risk, even if you were willing to pay. The size of the shuttles are also rated to the expected traffic they would carry from the development, so they don't have room for non-residents at the peak times you'd like to use the service, and we residents wouldn't want non-residents bumping residents from a seat. As much as it would be a good marketing tool and help our community relations, as a board member in one of these complexes I can tell you that it is not practical for us to offer that service to you.

Posted on: 2008/3/17 14:47

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/12/29 4:33
Group:
Registered Users
Went with some friends who wanted to see the sample apartment in the sales office, and we were told that other HP residents are NOT going to be allowed to use the shuttle, only building residents. Too bad. I would love to have a shuttle option for going to and from the waterfront.

Posted on: 2008/3/16 11:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 11:59
Group:
Registered Users
The small church garage is where the Vespa dealership is going.

Posted on: 2008/3/12 16:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/7/30 1:08
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
looks like this might be the bike shop.... presently it is the small church garage on 10th St, btwn Erie and Jersey, just behind the Hamilton Park Ale House,

from the Board of Adjustment Agenda for 3/20

Case: Z08-011
Applicant: Eric Silverman
Attorney: Charles J. Harrington, III, Esq.
Address: 247 Tenth Street
Block: 285 Lot: 25
Zone: Hamilton Park Historic District
For: Conversion of an existing one story garage structure to a retail use (bike sales).
?d? Variance: Use

Posted on: 2008/3/12 15:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/2/7 17:42
From Ward E - Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

HPoptimist wrote:
Any idea when Hamilton Park renovations will begin? It needs a better look badly.
The renovation work in Hamilton Park will start as soon as May.

Quote:

HPoptimist wrote:
Not complaining given I rather have this good problem... with 100+ families coming in and $200/month parking in the building itself, the street parking will be a sought after commodity. It will be back to the days of my circling blocks after blocks in NYC.

The new residents WILL be eligible for zone parking permits to park on the street. Good observation, and I'll leave it at that.

Posted on: 2008/3/12 2:00

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/9/18 17:27
Group:
Registered Users
From the website:

http://www.livingonthepark.com/

it says Fall 2008... take your pick on one of the fall months.

Posted on: 2008/3/11 14:23

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/9/18 17:27
Group:
Registered Users
As a newcomer into Hamilton Park, I look forward to the new residents and shops...

Any idea when Hamilton Park renovations will begin? It needs a better look badly.

Not complaining given I rather have this good problem... with 100+ families coming in and $200/month parking in the building itself, the street parking will be a sought after commodity. It will be back to the days of my circling blocks after blocks in NYC.

Posted on: 2008/3/11 14:19

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/2/8 20:49
Group:
Registered Users
Does anyone know when the first phase of the project will be completed? Their press release and the site doesn't say anything.

Posted on: 2008/2/16 14:46

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/1/21 21:14
Group:
Registered Users
True but hopefully we'll be able to enjoy the year around 72 degrees in the shuttle

Posted on: 2008/2/11 18:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/5/9 11:15
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

GrovePath wrote:
In the meantime, did you know that Future on Newark Avenue has Noodle Soups with your choice of Udon, Mei Fun, Chow Fun & Lo Mein. They even now have the nice Chinese Broccoli (ask for extra it's 50 cents more - Chinese Kale/Broccoli is nice leafy greens) these soups come with Fish Ball, Mixed Vegetable, Shrimp, Mixed Seafood, Chicken, Roast Duck etc -- all for around $6 depending.

You can get noodle soups at any Chinese restaurant, Confucous has an entire section of these on their menu and they're good.
My favorite for noodle soups is Sammys on 6th ave in GV. You can pick up a soup and cross the street and catch the PATH train at 9th St.

Posted on: 2008/2/11 18:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/5/13 20:32
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Farfromit wrote:
Heck I'd pay $20-$30 a month to not have to walk through the mall every day

I appreciate being able to walk through the mall. The wind chill was 10-below this morning.

Posted on: 2008/2/11 18:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/26 20:09
Group:
Banned
Hopefully, having the space in the middle of the buildings will lend more sunlight into the park.

Posted on: 2008/2/11 18:39

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/9/25 1:50
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Well that certainly makes a lot more sense. I was sitting here wondering which tree I should chain myself to when the wrecking ball comes to build the road through the park.

Thanks for sparing me the embarrassment, Sam!

Posted on: 2008/2/11 18:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
Pavonia Avenue will still be bisected by the park, similar to Jersey Avenue.

Posted on: 2008/2/11 18:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/26 20:09
Group:
Banned
Suze

No, not Hamilton Park, but the new condo complex will have a road through the middle of the buildings. Quote:

Suze wrote:
Can someone elighten me on this please:

"Part of the plan for the first phase of construction calls for Pavonia Avenue - closed since 1970 - to be reopened as a cobblestone street for pedestrian and vehicular traffic. The new street will also lead to the lobby entrance of one of the residential buildings."

I'm still new to JC so forgive me if this is a stupid question but do they mean creating a road in the middle of Hamilton Park for cars?

Posted on: 2008/2/11 18:24

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/9/25 1:50
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Can someone elighten me on this please:

"Part of the plan for the first phase of construction calls for Pavonia Avenue - closed since 1970 - to be reopened as a cobblestone street for pedestrian and vehicular traffic. The new street will also lead to the lobby entrance of one of the residential buildings."

I'm still new to JC so forgive me if this is a stupid question but do they mean creating a road in the middle of Hamilton Park for cars?

Posted on: 2008/2/11 18:20

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017