Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
103 user(s) are online (87 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 103

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Jon's Cleaner's - Newport Mall
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/6/12 3:42
Group:
Registered Users
It's in the Newport mall. Everything there is its own special kind of bad.

Even with this so called renovation, all the 'nice' stores are the crappiest version of that store in existence.

Hard to botch a Godiva store, though...

Posted on: 2008/6/29 4:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/5/16 16:22
From beneath the jumping sheep
Group:
Registered Users
Sorry to hear that everyone in this thread has had issues with Jon's Cleaners.

I had problems with them also, and posted about my experience on 3/31/07 (see post). I also filed a complaint online, and I hope others will do the same.

Posted on: 2008/6/29 3:43

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/7/8 19:40
From Jersey City Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Everyone who has had an issue about this place should contact the local Chamber of Commerce and/or the Better Business Bureau. They shouldn't even be allowed to conduct business with the way that they mistreat their Customers...

Posted on: 2008/6/29 2:59
www.ninasdogwalk.com

A positive attitude brings strength, energy and initiative.

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/7/8 19:40
From Jersey City Heights
Group:
Registered Users
If you haven't I hope you're getting a refund since the work was never done. I can't understand how they could charge for a service that was never performed.
Them not allowing you to try the dress on was clearly a red flag, but sometimes we miss those things in our haste which is what happened here.
I cannot understand how a business can run and be successful when there is a clear lack of integrity in how you conduct yourselves judging from the other responses about this place.

Posted on: 2008/6/29 2:53
www.ninasdogwalk.com

A positive attitude brings strength, energy and initiative.

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/6/29 1:53
Group:
Registered Users
I wish I had seen this post earlier. As jerseygirl said, STAY AWAY FROM THEM. Following is my experience today.

I gave them one shirt to shorten the sleeve. After taking it back this evening, I found out that they did do anything. I even compared it with another shirt (same brand, same fit, same collar, only difference is sleeve). I also did comparison before giving it to them. So I knew what's the difference.

I went back, told them that it was not shortened. The guy insisted that they did it. I explained why I'm so sure. He didn't want to listen. He even said that I might have bought another shirt and came back to get a free alternation. I was shocked when they said that. It's an insulting. The only reason I needed to shorten this shirt is because I wore it once and feel it's bad to give it back to the store. I changed all other shirts I bought in the same order.

The guy said he could find the fabric they cut off from my shirt. I waited for more than 10 minutes. He came back saying he couldn't find it. How can he find anything? They didn't do it at all.

He even said I don't know what I'm talking. I suggested that I can bring my other shirt, so he can compare. But he didn't want to see it.

At the end, the guy agreed to do the shorten. But after what happened and what he said, I'll never go back again. I'll tell my experience to my friends and suggest them not to go to them.

FYI, for shirt laundry, another cleaner in Newport, Newport Dry Cleaners (201-626-3333) charges less than them, $1.50 for one shirt.

Posted on: 2008/6/29 2:00

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/6/13 19:22
Group:
Registered Users
Christine16 - Unfortunately I have not had time/patience to take the dress back. The wedding I needed the dress fixed for is this saturday & I had to go to San Francisco to visit my husband's family last week & have just gotten home. I couldn't take the risk that they couldn't fix it or would pull the same bs. I ended up taking the dress to a bridal store in my home town (where the wedding is) - I actually had to take time off of work to do so. I was going to Jon's to hopefully avoid this & got screwed. The bridal store said that they didn't even mark the straps correctly for alteration & it was not altered. Jon's took my pink receipt when I picked the dress up - so I don't even have proof that I took the dress there...I guess at this point it is a sunk cost.

Posted on: 2008/3/13 15:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/8/21 18:57
From NJ
Group:
Registered Users
I also had a problem with Jon's Cleaners when i left a suit for same day alterations. They wrapped it and gave it back to me and when I got it home it had not been altered! I also left a fur there because they told me thay had a 40 year fur tailor off site. I was scared after realizing the suit wasn't done but the fur came back REALLY WELL DONE. I had a bit of an argument about getting a refund for the suit because I asked why I should trust them to do it over. The manager got the owner on the phone and he gave me the usual reasons and just said no. The manager was okay though, he said just let us do it over for free and I will take $20.00 off the fur repair. I still can't recommend them because they ARE HUGELY overpriced and apparently these mistakes are common--but I can't condemn them either.

Posted on: 2008/3/13 13:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/11/19 15:19
Group:
Banned
Hey All

Allmost any neighborhood DC performs alterations.
Common sense, if Jon's screwed up yr alterations, then don't bother to ever give them your bussiness again.

Yes, that simple...

CK

Posted on: 2008/3/3 20:54

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/5/1 18:51
Group:
Registered Users
I haven't used Jon's in years (since it was on the other side of the mall) but I never had a problem back then, perhaps they have new owners or service has just deteriorated.

When I worked at the mall and needed alterations done, I usually went to Justin's in the mall. It's now located by Sears...they've always been great in service and everything, but I don't know if they to alterations for everything.

Posted on: 2008/3/3 19:59

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/8 18:57
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
What did they say when you took it back?

Posted on: 2008/3/3 14:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/5/13 20:32
Group:
Registered Users
I normally use the cleaners at Pavonia & Erie. They always do a good job for a fair price. There is a new cleaners that opened at 10th & Manila but I have not tried them.

Posted on: 2008/3/3 13:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/3/3 2:45
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
In general. Jon's is incredibly overpriced. I had 2 buttons sewn on a jacket and asked for a third to be reinforced. He did the 2 buttons but didn't reinforce the third. All for a whopping $11! I'd rather give my business to a local dry cleaner.

Posted on: 2008/3/2 23:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/8/9 20:03
Group:
Registered Users
That's pretty bad. I too have numerous horror stories regarding tailoring for wedding dresses, bridesmaids etc. ( not with Jon's cleaners though)

For my sister's wedding years ago, my mother picked up the mother of the bride dress ( which the place couldn't get to her until an hour before the photographer was due to arrive). She went to put it on and they had sewn all of the hems and seams on the outside of the dress. THey had never turned it inside out! It was awful. I was in a wedding once and they mixed my dress up with another bridesmaid for the final fitting. The two of us looked ridiculous going up the aisle - she in a dress that was two sizes two big, and I in a dress that I was bursting out of.

My advice to all women who have a dress altered for a special occasion. Always lie to the dressmaker and tell them you need the dress a week in advance. That way you are prepared for disaster.

Posted on: 2008/3/2 22:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/5/16 16:22
From beneath the jumping sheep
Group:
Registered Users
I, too, had a problem with Jon's Cleaners at Newport Mall.

Posted on: 2008/3/2 6:05

Jon's Cleaner's - Newport Mall
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/6/13 19:22
Group:
Registered Users
Hi All - Just a little PSA w/ Jon's cleaner's at the Newport Mall. I needed a bridesmaid dress altered - liked the hours & convienence of the mall. Wanted to be charged a fair price.

The person behind the counter was very courteous & helpful, said the tailor on staff alters dresses all the time, don't need an appointment - come right in. I got fitted, they made those white soap marks on the dress, i left - was charged a fair price.

Now this is where it all changes - I pick up my dress, was in a hurry, but they don't even offer to let me try it on. I figure it would be fine. I get it home AND THEY DID NONE OF THE ALTERATIONS. The straps are still falling off my shoulders and the white soap marks are still there! Also the hook enclosure is not fixed, and was not taken in/out appropriately. I am so angry that this was not finished - you have no idea. I learned my lesson - maybe they are better w/ pant hems - but not w/ anything more complicated.

Bottom Line - STAY AWAY!

Posted on: 2008/3/2 2:01

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017