Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
98 user(s) are online (82 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 98

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Cops, Fulop among \'Polar Bear\' brave - Take plunge at Seaside Heights: \"It was freaking freez
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/8/4 14:09
From Journal Square, duh!
Group:
Registered Users
I know that you and somebody else work for the guy, and I tried to be nice and not give any names. But if you feel like talking to me, then I can rephrase the question in such a way that you understand it: were you swimming with the polar bears?

.. Because, as much as I can understand, Mr. Fulop is ready to fight corruption and change the downtown, the city, the county and, why not? the state-the-country-the-world-the-Universe-etc. If he wants to do all these nice things, it is not enough to come one year with "Hi, I am Fulop the swimmer", and next year with "see, I wanted to change the world, but the rest of the planet built a coalition against me, so all I got you is no pay-to-play, but lots of publicity for when I'll run for the higher office".

You would agree he needs a team. I mean not a group of people who hide behind the Internet and say will-do-this-and-that, but then don't bother even to vote, and not a gang of fans like you, who will print and distribute his leaflets, but a real team, like a handful of other Councilmen.
If he cannot list a single other fellow Councilman who will "fight corruption" and swim with him, this should give you some ideas. The two alternatives are
1. he is a visionary before his time, but the whole Council and all the tens of thousands of voters who elected the rest of the council are crooks and/or idiots
OR 2. he is creating imaginary problems, and he disconnected from the problems of the people who actually live here; moreover, now he has 8 Councilmen who are his imaginary enemies. This would come at a sad time, in the same week when Prozac was discovered as ineffective.

So, he has no allies in the Council, nobody to swim with him, poor thing. But from the thousands (or rather tens) of his supporters, the guys and girls who get so easily excited by everything he does, why wasn't there a single person to swim with him? Or at least from his aides, who must have an even higher does fanaticism, given the pay
So, yes, Ms. Althea, did you swim with Mr. Fulop? 'Cause if yes, the noble cause he served would be "double served" and that would be nice.
But you probably didn't, and nobody else from his gruppies, although 2,500 other people were. If this is the case, I can only expect to see you (in person and/or the other gruppies) at the St. Patrick parties, at some pub across the street from the one where the mayor will go. And then I can infer about you precisely what Omar inferred about Healy and his gang.

IMO, this is just a publicity stint. I regret that
1. there is no stint from which I'll benefit (no vote rights = no BS, no "raised awareness", no dinners paid by Sharpe and Booker campaign, to give you a recent example)
2. many of you seem so naive as if this game wasn't played in the same way for the last hundreds of years.

Posted on: 2008/3/2 15:29

Re: Cops, Fulop among 'Polar Bear' brave - Take plunge at Seaside Heights: "It was freaking freezing
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/3/23 17:09
Group:
Registered Users
I have no idea what you just said, but hey, if you are willing to sleep with dead seals then all the power to ya.

Quote:

JSQ wrote:
I noticed that the US indigenous have developed an obsession for "team work". I find it stupid at times, but not in this case. Thus, may I ask if anybody from Fulop team was swimming? E.g., the film-making girl, was she swimming?
To my excuse, I have to say I don't know how to swim, but as soon as I will want to be elected, I'll learn that, I'll go to Iraq... and then, only then, will I dare to poke fun at other people's valuable work towards raising the awareness about almost anything.
But was there any presidential candidate? Was Obama swimming with the polar bears?

Posted on: 2008/3/2 10:00
soshin: Mention guns and bd pops up through a hole in the ground like a heavily armed meercat

Re: Cops, Fulop among 'Polar Bear' brave - Take plunge at Seaside Heights: "It was freaking freezing
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I noticed that the US indigenous have developed an obsession for "team work". I find it stupid at times, but not in this case. Thus, may I ask if anybody from Fulop team was swimming? E.g., the film-making girl, was she swimming?
To my excuse, I have to say I don't know how to swim, but as soon as I will want to be elected, I'll learn that, I'll go to Iraq... and then, only then, will I dare to poke fun at other people's valuable work towards raising the awareness about almost anything.
But was there any presidential candidate? Was Obama swimming with the polar bears?

Posted on: 2008/3/2 5:48

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/2/15 1:47
Group:
Registered Users
Can I ask why Mayor Healy or Councilman Gaughan didn't attend the polar bear plunge?

1) Wouldn't the both of these guys be able to stay in the water for 10 minutes or so with the amount of alcohol that runs through their circulatory system?

2) There was an immense amount of drinking available in the bars of Seaside after the plunge for those having a proclivity for such behavior. I think they might have enjoyed these after parties! Then it would only be 2 more weeks for these guys to wait for the St. Patrick day parties!

Posted on: 2008/3/1 16:09

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Althea wrote:
There must be a better way to raise money both from the human and polar bear perspective.

You bet. Now I have to give a penny to all these guys ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winter_swimming ) and when WWF or Oxfam comes, I'll just give them the finger... I know what this WWF is about, they are not swimming, not running long distances, not weightlifting, not perching in trees, they are only after my money, but F**K them, now my awareness has been raised, nothing for non-swimmers!

Posted on: 2008/3/1 13:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Someone should post the names of the officers here since the Jersey Journal did not name them in their article.

I think they should get their kudos as well.

Posted on: 2008/3/1 10:59
soshin: Mention guns and bd pops up through a hole in the ground like a heavily armed meercat

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/2/15 1:46
Group:
Registered Users
The bottom line is that $ 2,000.00 was raised for the children of the Special Olyimpics by these fine officers of the Jersey City Police Dept and steven Fulop.

Posted on: 2008/3/1 10:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image

Polar Bear Groupie

Posted on: 2008/2/27 18:13

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
That was a nice picture in the daily newspaper of Fulop and the cops. They do look really cold don't they?

Posted on: 2008/2/27 17:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Yeah! And what about the polar bears? Huh? Do they get to see any of this money? I DOUBT IT!

You've got a bunch of JC's finest in their speedos, you hand them a bunch of point sticks and then drop them in the ocean with a bunch of polar bears... I don't know... this sounds awful fishy to me. "Polar bear swim" my $#@*&$), more like a polar bear attack... swim little polar bears! Swim for your lives!

There must be a better way to raise money both from the human and polar bear perspective. I can't wait to hear what PETA has to say about this!

AND of course the JJ only reports the humans' side of the story! So typical!

Quote:

JSQ wrote:
I would also have sex with a dead seal to be sure I am elected with a margin of more than two votes. Really, 2000 dollars is nothing, I gave them away often, but I had to swim in cold water, because this is what Heard Management 101 class taught me, when I got that Master of Shepherding degree.

Posted on: 2008/2/27 13:17

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I would also have sex with a dead seal to be sure I am elected with a margin of more than two votes. Really, 2000 dollars is nothing, I gave them away often, but I had to swim in cold water, because this is what Heard Management 101 class taught me, when I got that Master of Shepherding degree.

Posted on: 2008/2/27 12:32

Re: Cops, Fulop among 'Polar Bear' brave - Take plunge at Seaside Heights: "It was freaking freezing."

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/7/11 9:36
Group:
Registered Users
Way to go councilman Fulop & JCPD finest

Posted on: 2008/2/27 1:51

Re: Cops, Fulop among 'Polar Bear' brave - Take plunge at Seaside Heights: "It was freaking freezing."
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/4/15 15:15
Group:
Banned
I've participated in this event in years past (though not since they moved to Seaside Heights).. It is for a good cause (NJ Special Olympics) and I always had a blast...

'It was freaking freezen' is an understatement.. I think the longest I ever lasted in the water was for 30 seconds (usually just jumped in head first) and it took a week for my balls to drop back to their regular position... It is that cold..

Glad to hear some of JC finest taking part.

Posted on: 2008/2/26 20:37

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Its nice to see Fulop do something of a charitable nature with Police Officers from Jersey City. Keep it up.

Posted on: 2008/2/26 20:29

Cops, Fulop among 'Polar Bear' brave - Take plunge at Seaside Heights: "It was freaking freezing."
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Cops, Fulop among 'Polar Bear' brave

by The Jersey Journal
Tuesday February 26

Fourteen Jersey City police officers and one city councilman were among the brave souls who plunged into the icy Atlantic Ocean Saturday in an effort to raise money for the Special Olympics.

Councilman Steven Fulop joined city cops in raising about $2,000 for the cause.

They were among roughly 2,500 participants who took a dip in the 38-degree water to raise a total of about $800,000 during the 15th annual Polar Bear Plunge in Seaside Heights.

"It's for a good cause," said Fulop, who ran the New York City Marathon in 2006. "It was freaking freezing."

Posted on: 2008/2/26 16:45

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017