Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
92 user(s) are online (80 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 92

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3)

Re: motorcycle dudes unite
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/12/23 2:50
Group:
Registered Users
Damn, I hate this kind of shit. I've ridden a bike from since I was a kid and resent the ill will that such people bring on us immensely. Among other things it has resulted in very strict Federal restrictions on stock bikes, which only make bikes more expensive without dealing with the real problem of people putting race or straight pipes on street bikes.

What this guy may be doing is running his bike when he gets home out of fear that the gas will gum up or the battery will die if he doesn't. He should put Sta-Bil in his tank, ride it to a gas station, fill it up, ride home and take the battery out. Then he could park it until he needs to go somewhere. I'd point this out to him but understand why one might not want to.

I suspect that NJ or JC probably has a law about noise, if nothing else it is disturbing the peace. I also suspect that it is a very low priority. They don't even test noise during inspection, when it would be very easy to do so. As a rider I find this annoying, especially after I had to go home and stick reflective tape on the sides of my helmet to pass inspection (?!).

Quote:

langdonalger wrote:
My neighbor has a motorcycle. He likes to ride his motorcycle anywhere between 2 and 7 times every night from 7pm to as late as 2am. Normally I would think that everyone has their right to do whatever it is they want, even if it\'s a little bothersome. But I am starting to wonder about this guy.

Every night he is gone from anywhere between 6 minutes to an hour. Sometimes I hear him revving it outside and other times he walks away from it with the idle set too low, and then it stalls out. Most often though, he fires it up, blazes down the street and rides off for about 15 minutes, and then returns. An hour later he does the exact same thing. Then randomly over and over again throughout the evening.

So seriously, where does everyone think this guy going every night? Why is he always roaring by during the most crucial dialogue in the movie or tv show.

Posted on: 2008/2/21 1:10

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/5/18 20:12
From Harsimus Cove
Group:
Registered Users
Hmmm, I think I've seen him roar past my office on Jersey Ave a few times. I'm ok with roaring motorcycles, but not the chorus of car alarms that follows.

Posted on: 2008/2/19 17:38
We are what we pretend to be. So we must be careful what we pretend to be - Vonnegut

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/19 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
hmmm, perhaps there is more than one, as I thought original poster was complaining about the idiot who lives on Mercer . . .

Posted on: 2008/2/19 15:49

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/10/23 19:52
Group:
Registered Users
This guys defines the term public nuisance. Riding a muffler-less bike around in the middle of the night has got to be a major breach of municipal quality of life ordinances.

What's ironic is that he's riding to and fro the corner of Jersey and 7th just a couple of blocks up from a police precinct. In fact, there's a steady stream of cruisers that come down 7th at the end of their nighttime patrols. Blissfully ignorant or negligent? Your guess is as good as mine.

I suggest that all of us make it a habit to call the precinct to complain EVERY time the guy fires up his bike past midnight--at least on weekdays.

If that doesn't work, we can always start handing out the pitchforks and torches.

Posted on: 2008/2/19 15:48

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/2/14 14:12
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

djh101 wrote:
Let me guess? Southwest corner of 7th and Jersey? The Harley with the ultra-loud pipes? Yep, that's the guy.

It really is excessive and downright ignorant. I was never hardcore, although I did ride for leisure for a few years ---- and I can assure you that there is an etiquette, and this chap has none.

Hah! When I saw the thread title, this is the guy I immediately thought of. I'm a block away but every time I walk past I think of how much I'd hate living right near this idiot. If he's a renter, you might want to complain to the building owner. Otherwise maybe a few well placed nails.

Posted on: 2008/2/19 15:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

langdonalger wrote:
My neighbor has a motorcycle. He likes to ride his motorcycle anywhere between 2 and 7 times every night from 7pm to as late as 2am. Normally I would think that everyone has their right to do whatever it is they want, even if it's a little bothersome. But I am starting to wonder about this guy.

Every night he is gone from anywhere between 6 minutes to an hour. Sometimes I hear him revving it outside and other times he walks away from it with the idle set too low, and then it stalls out. Most often though, he fires it up, blazes down the street and rides off for about 15 minutes, and then returns. An hour later he does the exact same thing. Then randomly over and over again throughout the evening.

So seriously, where does everyone think this guy going every night? Why is he always roaring by during the most crucial dialogue in the movie or tv show.

Maybe he is checking out the areas around different new condos he is considering.

Posted on: 2008/2/19 15:39

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/5/15 1:20
Group:
Registered Users
Let me guess? Southwest corner of 7th and Jersey? The Harley with the ultra-loud pipes? Yep, that's the guy.

It really is excessive and downright ignorant. I was never hardcore, although I did ride for leisure for a few years ---- and I can assure you that there is an etiquette, and this chap has none.

Posted on: 2008/2/19 15:33

motorcycle dudes unite
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/10/21 0:41
From hamilton park
Group:
Registered Users
My neighbor has a motorcycle. He likes to ride his motorcycle anywhere between 2 and 7 times every night from 7pm to as late as 2am. Normally I would think that everyone has their right to do whatever it is they want, even if it's a little bothersome. But I am starting to wonder about this guy.

Posted on: 2008/2/19 6:09

« 1 2 (3)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017