Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
145 user(s) are online (125 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 145

more...

Browsing this Thread:   2 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 8 »

Re: Hoboken will be just a walk away
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/11/19 15:19
Group:
Banned
This can be a blessing in disguise for DTJC, by attracting more of the hoboken crowd to come a spend some $$$ here in JC.....

CK

Posted on: 2008/2/14 18:51

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/8/21 0:12
Group:
Registered Users
I was just joking about AC.

Maybe I should've said Disney World.

Posted on: 2008/2/14 18:09

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/6/3 19:00
From Heights - NE Corner
Group:
Registered Users
I wonder if this will be bicycle friendly? You can't ride a bike through the Hoboken Terminal, you can walk it through, and as far as can tell one end of the bridge is right by the Light Rail which would mean that the route goes through the terminal. I've been unable to find any drawings/plans for this project online.

Posted on: 2008/2/11 17:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/6/15 16:59
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
I believe NJ Transit had a pilot program over the summer of running a heavy rail line from Newark to AC. Otherwise, taking a train to Atlantic City requires transferring through Philadelphia.

Posted on: 2008/2/11 16:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/5/13 20:32
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

chainsawhand wrote:
How long until Light Rail connects with Atlantic City?

Light Rail to Atlantic City? That would be an awfully long ride! If anything they might eventually have a regular NJ Transit train that goes direct from Hoboken or Secaucus.

Posted on: 2008/2/11 16:55

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/8/21 0:12
Group:
Registered Users
How long until Light Rail connects with Atlantic City?

Posted on: 2008/2/10 23:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/5/13 20:32
Group:
Registered Users
I wonder how long this will take to complete....

Posted on: 2008/2/9 23:07

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/8/24 3:06
Group:
Registered Users
You know what this means people? Those Hoboken folks will now be able to walk into Jersey City!!! What can we do to stop this??!!!

Posted on: 2008/2/9 22:12

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/10/8 4:55
From Hidden Valley
Group:
Registered Users
I can't wait until you can go from LSP all the way to GWB on the boardwalk.

Posted on: 2008/2/9 17:03

Hoboken will be just a walk away
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
From Hoboken, Newport will be just a walk away

Saturday, February 09, 2008

This Monday, city, state, and federal officials kick off construction of the Long Slip pedestrian bridge, which will connect the Newport section of Jersey City with Hoboken Terminal when it's finished in a little more than a year.

Once built, the pedestrian bridge will comprise a much-needed segment of the Hudson River Waterfront Walkway, enabling people to walk back and forth between Newport and Hoboken for shopping, dining, work and transportation needs.

The groundbreaking is scheduled for 10:30 a.m. at Hoboken Terminal, adjacent to the Light Rail station.

Those expected to attend include U.S. Sen. Robert Menendez, Assemblyman Ruben Ramos, Jr., Hudson County Executive Thomas A. DeGise, Jersey City Mayor Jerramiah T. Healy, Hoboken Mayor David Roberts, and NJ Transit Executive Director Richard Sarles.

CARLY BALDWIN

Posted on: 2008/2/9 10:31

Re: NJ transit to build pedestrian bridge from Hoboken to Newport
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/4/30 16:20
Group:
Banned
Along with the bridge, the Lefrak Organization, the developers of the Newport residential/retail section of Jersey City, plan to build a temporary walkway from the bridge into Newport that will be completed in advance of the pedestrian bridge.

From bitter experience I can give GOOD odds that Lefrak is lying.
Let's see how it plays out.

Posted on: 2007/9/23 14:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
A pedestrian bridge from Jersey City to Hoboken
NJ Transit approves part of waterfront walkway

Ricardo Kaulessar -- Hudson Reporter
09/15/2007

Traveling from the Newport area of Jersey City to southern Hoboken can involve a roundabout walk near the Holland Tunnel, or a more speedy light rail or PATH train ride. But soon, residents will be able to walk between the towns while staying on the waterfront and enjoying the view.

The NJ Transit Board of Directors on Monday awarded a $6.4 million contract to Simpson & Brown, Inc., of West Cranford, N.J., for the construction of a pedestrian bridge from the Long Slip Canal adjacent to the Hoboken train terminal to the Newport section of Jersey City.

NJ Transit spokesperson Joe Dee said the entire project is federally-funded.

It is part of a larger state-mandated 18.5-mile walkway from Bayonne to the George Washington Bridge that adds a new segment whenever another part of the Hudson and Bergen County waterfront is developed.

Completed in 2009

The proposed bridge, to start construction later this fall with completion by spring 2009, will complete NJ Transit's segment of the Hudson River Waterfront Walkway.

Among those expressing positive reaction to the announcement was U.S. Sen. Robert Menendez (D-NJ), who pushed for $800,000 in federal money for the pedestrian bridge in 2005 when he was a U.S. Congressman.

"This is a key connection between two thriving Waterfront cities - one that will further extend the reach of public transportation options for local residents," said Menendez in a statement. "I look forward to the completion of this crucial segment of the Waterfront Walkway and the benefits it will bring to New Jersey."

Along with the bridge, the Lefrak Organization, the developers of the Newport residential/retail section of Jersey City, plan to build a temporary walkway from the bridge into Newport that will be completed in advance of the pedestrian bridge.

Bridge over local waters

The bridge will span the Long Slip Canal, a body of water between Hoboken and Jersey City that feeds into the Hudson River. The bridge will span the mouth of the canal, which is the widest part of it between the two towns.

Dee could not say what the exact length of the bridge will be.

Construction management of the project is being handled by the Twenty-First Century Rail Corporation of Jersey City, who received approval from NJ Transit's Board of Directors on Monday for an additional $290,000, bringing their total contract with NJ Transit to $2.6 billion. They are also the designers and operators of the NJ Transit Hudson-Bergen Light Rail System.

The mayors of both towns praised the project.

Jersey City Mayor Jerramiah Healy stated, "We look forward to this project bridging the gap for our Newport area residents who will be able to walk to Hoboken, and we equally welcome the visitors from Hoboken and beyond that will have easy pedestrian access to our vibrant community."

Hoboken Mayor David Roberts offered, "The new pedestrian bridge will provide convenient access from other waterfront communities to all that the city of Hoboken has to offer - both as a transportation hub and a center for recreation, shopping, and nightlife."

To comment on this story, contact Ricardo Kaulessar at rkaulessar@hudsonreporter.com.

Posted on: 2007/9/16 15:31

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2007/9/25 18:31
Group:
Banned
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Had a dream last night about this very problem - an easy commute to Hoboken or Manhattan, and my dream gave me this solution!

Resized Image

Resized Image

Posted on: 2007/9/15 18:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Had a dream last night about this very problem - an easy commute to Hoboken or Manhattan, and my dream gave me this solution!

Resized Image

Posted on: 2007/9/15 17:32
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/21 15:03
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
alb wrote:
Quote:

In all fairness, I think Ian and Emergent have presented good arguments against either a tunnel or a bridge. Even if we got either, it might end up starting up around Journal Square, not Paulus Hook, so it might not do Paulus Hook all that much good.

I am for a tunnel and ferries not a bridge. The bridge would take up more land to build because it would either have a huge 200 foot circular driving roadway to get you up to 200 feet or start so far back the land needed for the bridge to be held up would be built right through the downtown area. I guess it could be possible to line it up with the Holland Tunnel/Turnpike entrances and go over it, but where do you build it in NYC? Tunnels take up less space then a bridge would.

A wild and expensive idea would be to build a multi purpose tunnel from where the turnpike tolls are to feed the cars in and build it UNDER Liberty State Park. They can create an elevator for pedestrians to access it while at the park. On the NYC side another elevator would be at the West Side Bike Path and the cars would empty onto the west side highway. It would of course needed to be widened and land taken, but that still takes up less space then a vehicular bridge.

What about just making a 50 foot tall pedestrian bridge that allows small ship traffic underneath it at all times. At designated times it could open up for larger ships. That seems like an easier and less costly idea.

Posted on: 2007/9/15 15:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/29 4:06
Group:
Banned
Quote:

MediaAvid wrote:
The idea of a pedestrian tunnel is a great idea because a new bridge would be 200 feet high for ship traffice to clear it.

In all fairness, I think Ian and Emergent have presented good arguments against either a tunnel or a bridge. Even if we got either, it might end up starting up around Journal Square, not Paulus Hook, so it might not do Paulus Hook all that much good.

Posted on: 2007/9/15 5:12

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/21 15:03
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
The idea of a pedestrian tunnel is a great idea because a new bridge would be 200 feet high for ship traffice to clear it. We'd all enter practically at the Heights or the Beacon to be at a level with it when it crossed the river. The bridge would interupt the open skyline view for all the high priced condos on the waterfront and west. A pedestrian tunnel would be great to use or let people walk through the lincoln tunnel and holland tunnel to leave NYC in times of emergency. On 9/11 to my knowledge only emergency vehicles used the tunnel. With 3 tunnels for the Lincoln, one could have been used to people evacuate. But then what do you do for security? Seach hundreds of thousands as they enter to make sure they do not have explosives? The homeless people, smell, lack of air-conditioning are not real problems. It is the year 2007 we can have air-conditioning and clean well lit tunnel with decent security under the Hudson. It just won't happen anytime soon. Any new tunnel project propossed for the Hudson River should include pedestrian access. The more options for people to enter and exit NYC/NJ the better. The more roadways means more cars...more pollution and congestion. Why not offer more alternatives.

Posted on: 2007/9/15 2:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JSQ wrote:
i thought ferries are just redundant, more expensive, more polluting, more prone to accidents... and they were doomed since the PATH was dug, but stick around for a weird reason, much in the way cartoons exist to this day
but what do i know

Everyone else thought that 30 years ago. Now you can't build new ferry terminals fast enough along the Hudson River. The ferries also proved themselves a critical link during the blackout when there was no power. Ultimately, Jersey City will continue to need all routes across the Hudson with the new development. Boats can move hundreds of people quickly and easily.

Posted on: 2007/9/14 21:58

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/8/4 14:09
From Journal Square, duh!
Group:
Registered Users
I also thought that there is a federal law requiring a freeway for bicycles along the entire East coast. Probably that law will apply to North Lefrak City in a century from now (this bridge mught change things, though), but never-ever to Paulus Hook.
This being NJ, we require cyclists to be good Americans and use a car for a mile.

Posted on: 2007/9/14 18:35

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/8/4 14:09
From Journal Square, duh!
Group:
Registered Users
i thought ferries are just redundant, more expensive, more polluting, more prone to accidents... and they were doomed since the PATH was dug, but stick around for a weird reason, much in the way cartoons exist to this day
but what do i know

Posted on: 2007/9/14 18:32

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2007/9/25 18:31
Group:
Banned
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
We could have some of these 'bad boys' to shuttle people across the water instead of a bridge or TUNNEL!

Resized Image

Resized Image

Posted on: 2007/9/14 17:04

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/3/9 20:30
From Paulus Hook
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Xerxes wrote:

Yeah sure it would be nice to give EVERYONE easy walking access to the park BUT if one place has to be chosen the ONLY logical point for crossing the Morris Canal is the shortest distance needed to continue the walkway ALONG THE HUDSON...that point is accross from the teeny part of Liberty Park NORTH of the Morris "canal." to the finished walkway in the park. Sad for those who live on Brunswick Avvenue but I don't think any people in Hudson County are responsible for Brunswick Avenues NOT being near the Hudson River, nor for Kennedy nor Tonnelle Boulevards being inland.

The Walkway is mandated by law and private interests are ignoring and avoiding that mandate at every opportunity. They, whether developers or marina operators, should be made to pay a pretty penny for flouting this Waterfront Walkway plan. New York City managed to fight FAR stronger developers and look at the glorious length of walkway they developed AND in far less time then NJ, AND in an area where land values are arguably the highest in the WORLD AND where the entire Hudsoon was the largest MARINA in the world, with piers from the Battery to beyong midtown.
Must Jersey City ALWAYS behave like some third world Mafiosa fiefdom where NOTHING accomplished without endless bribery.

You don't know the Marinas around the Hudson / NYC very well. There is pretty much ONE marina where you can pull a medium sized boat up to, and that is Chelsea Piers. You could go to North Cove, but it's always full, and is not a great marina. Largest marina in the world? Are you kidding me. Sure there are miles of dilapidated piers all up the Hudson, but you can't dock there, much less get close to them. There are some smaller marinas up past the 100s or so, but again, they're for small boats.

Quote:

Dear Lord, THIS is supposed to pass for an argument for preventing the continuance of the Walkway in a reasonable straight line along the river. They need a GAS PUMP for boats. I guess Manhattan could have said "so how are we going to get fuel into the QE2, ergo no walkway?"
If your argument is a joke it's hilarious. If not, it's REALLY, REALLY sad.

Are you kidding me? A joke? There is an established marina and business that is home to hundreds of boats. It is the main fuel supply to many necessary boats, like I said, the coast guard, ferries, water taxis, and the Jersey City fire department. It's not like if they cut access to the local gas station down the street. You cut off access to that fuel dock and you're not just going to make it hard for the ferries and water taxis. You will make it IMPOSSIBLE for them to function. They will have no other choice but to shut down. The only other place to get fuel for a boat south of the GW bridge and north of the Verrazano is in Weehawken, and they are not equipped to deal with Water Taxis and Ferries fueling up there every day.

So because it's a tiny bit inconvenient for you to walk an extra mile, this is what you would like to see happen: You want to shut down many people's livelihood, thousands of other's main way to commute to work, and make the Hudson River less safe by cutting off the fuel supply to the Coast Guard and Jersey City Fire Department. THAT is a joke, and it is BEYOND sad.

You need to get your head out of your ass and understand there are certain things that are more important than having a pretty 200 yard long bridge, so you can go for a walk.

Posted on: 2007/9/14 16:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
First, pedestrian access via a tunnel is a remarkably bad idea. A tunnel would be plagued by the same problems of subway stations-- stifling heat in the summer, odors, and transient homeless folks looking for a dry place to sleep. Furthermore, a tunnel would not have any of the alluring qualities of an architecturally stunning pedestrian bridge, namely breathtaking views, but also the architecture itself.

Second, a trans Hudson pedestrian bridge is a fantasy. The attitudes expressed here by many of the doubters, namely that it has no practical purpose, ensures that such an idea will remain a fantasy, again because we live in a pragmatic age, not an age of dreamers.

Third, closing the Morris canal to boat traffic is also a fantasy. Ferry passengers and hundreds of boat owners depend on the canal. Meanwhile, the canal has a richer history than most of the other "landmarks" local preservationists are looking to protect. In short, the canal is not going anywhere, nor should it. The primary concern of a continuous waterfront walkway will be realized with the completion of the Liberty Harbor portion, minus the short stretch between Veteran's Park and tip at the end of Washington. Now there is one place a pedestrian bridge might really be useful-- connecting Veteran's park over the little puddle of water that separates the peninsula behind Portside to Veteran's Park.

Posted on: 2007/9/14 15:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Xerxes wrote:

The Walkway is mandated by law and private interests are ignoring and avoiding that mandate at every opportunity. They, whether developers or marina operators, should be made to pay a pretty penny for flouting this Waterfront Walkway plan.

I agree with you about the Liberty Harbor developers, in general, but I think a lot of us here, including people who would generally favor ideas like protecting the Reservoir and making the Embankment a park, are saying that we think that there's a public interest involved in protecting boat access to what's left of the Morris Canal.

That might interfere with your morning jog, and I'm sorry about that, but, if the walkway goes seamlessly over to Jersey Avenue, it shouldn't interfere very much with a bike ride.

Posted on: 2007/9/14 15:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

emergent wrote:Nobody visiting Manhattan is going to cross this bridge to come to Jersey City and spend money. Why would they? Are tourists clamoring to get to Brooklyn or Queens?

I think you've made a lot of important points, but, at least on sunny weekends, a ton of pedestrians walk back and forth over the Brooklyn Bridge. It's super crowded with tourists.

If tourists have been spending money on the Brooklyn side, I think that's mainly because there's no tourist-oriented stuff at the foot of the Brooklyn side of the bridge.

Anyhow, as someone (you?) suggested, one possible solution might be to convert one lane of the Holland tunnel into a pedestrian/bike lane.

That doesn't sound very practical, but, during non-rush hour periods, maybe it actually could be done pretty easily through use of electronic lane control signs. In other words, if ventilation isn't a huge issue, maybe the signs could simply convert one lane of the tunnel into a two-way pedestrian/bike lane.

If that's not possible because of ventilation and crazy driver concerns, then maybe a pedestrian/bike lane could be party of any new tunnel that gets built under the Hudson.

Posted on: 2007/9/14 15:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

emergent wrote:

In order to do this the bridge would have to be 210 ft. tall to allow the tallest cruise ships to pass under. That would be an eyesore to say the least, not to mention it isn't needed, and it would make less than zero economic sense.

I guess there are vague conversations from time to time about building another tunnel under the Hudson.

I know they can't build a pedestrian bridge over the Hudson or a pedestrian-only tunnel under the river, but, if they're building a tunnel, anyway, it would be great if the tunnel could include a separate section for pedestrians and bicycles. I guess the biggest problem would be ventilation, but I think the Holland tunnel already has a little bit of an emergency access passage along the side, so maybe even the Holland Tunnel has a reasonable level of ventilation.

Posted on: 2007/9/14 14:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

emergent wrote:

Your last comment about "some ramshackle" really just shows that you're post is less about what is fair and convenient for everyone, and more about your disdain for people who have the luxury of being able to own a yacht.

I know sailors, but I don't really sail, and I don't own a boat. Occasionally I fantasize about living in a sailboat.

But, anyhow: one thing to keep in mind is that, even though the Offshore Sailing Club holds the marina hostage a bit and shuts out the nonprofit sailing clubs, joining Offshore isn't that much more expensive than joining an ordinary health club.

You have to take an Offshore certification course for something like $1,200, to show that you know enough not to sink the boats, and then I think joining the sailing club is about $1,000 per year.

So, Offshore is not cheap enough for people who are desperately poor, but anyone else who really wants to sail probably could come up with that money.

Also, taking the basic sailing course with New York Community Sailing, which sails out of Lincoln Harbor, is something like $300, and the dues for joining the club are a few hundred a year. The main tradeoff is that the quality of the basic sailing course is uneven and the boats aren't as well maintained.

As for owning a boat: I think the cost of docking and maintaining a small boat is about $6,000 a year, which is probably an amount that any middle-income person who really loves boating could afford. So, there might be a few wealthy "yacht owners" with boats at Liberty Harbor, but I think there are a lot more regular people type boat owners who just like boats.

Posted on: 2007/9/14 14:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/4/30 16:20
Group:
Banned
Quote:
Sure, it would be nice to have a bridge from the end of Washington Street across the canal. That would make it really convenient for people that live right there. What about people that are going to live in Gull's Cove?

Yeah sure it would be nice to give EVERYONE easy walking access to the park BUT if one place has to be chosen the ONLY logical point for crossing the Morris Canal is the shortest distance needed to continue the walkway ALONG THE HUDSON...that point is accross from the teeny part of Liberty Park NORTH of the Morris "canal." to the finished walkway in the park. Sad for those who live on Brunswick Avvenue but I don't think any people in Hudson County are responsible for Brunswick Avenues NOT being near the Hudson River, nor for Kennedy nor Tonnelle Boulevards being inland.

The Walkway is mandated by law and private interests are ignoring and avoiding that mandate at every opportunity. They, whether developers or marina operators, should be made to pay a pretty penny for flouting this Waterfront Walkway plan. New York City managed to fight FAR stronger developers and look at the glorious length of walkway they developed AND in far less time then NJ, AND in an area where land values are arguably the highest in the WORLD AND where the entire Hudsoon was the largest MARINA in the world, with piers from the Battery to beyong midtown.
Must Jersey City ALWAYS behave like some third world Mafiosa fiefdom where NOTHING accomplished without endless bribery.

Quote:
There's a good idea. That way we can shut down the water taxi and ferry service as well. Where do they get their gas? Liberty Landing Marina, the only convenient place to get gas in the area. Not to mention the coast guard, as well as the Jersey City fire boats that leave from there.

Dear Lord, THIS is supposed to pass for an argument for preventing the continuance of the Walkway in a reasonable straight line along the river. They need a GAS PUMP for boats. I guess Manhattan could have said "so how are we going to get fuel into the QE2, ergo no walkway?"
If your argument is a joke it's hilarious. If not, it's REALLY, REALLY sad.

Hmm, walkway across the Hudson crossing its international freighter and liner traffic...beyond impossible. REALLY beyond impossible.
A pedestrian/bike TUNNEL is far more reasonable.
Here's a scenario: The Holland Tunnel needs replacement before it reaches it's century life. Build a NEW wider tube for cars and use one of the two old tubes for pedestrians and bikes. A nice 30 minute walk or a 5 minute ride to Canal Street and up or down the Walkway... the REAL Walkway. AND that tube is already IN...obsolete for the high volume of cars but ideal for thousands of bikers.

Posted on: 2007/9/14 13:12

Edited by Xerxes on 2007/9/14 13:41:35
Edited by Xerxes on 2007/9/14 13:42:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/12/23 2:50
Group:
Registered Users
One can just walk along the waterfront to Jersey Ave., which is a long way from Kennedy Bvd., and cross over to LSP. The problem is that, at least the last time I did it, the walkway was a bit isolated and sketchy. I think it has become better but extending Jersey Ave. (with a walkway/sidewalk) would solve that problem.

Regardless, it is a waterfront walkway and I don't see why walking along the canal, aside from safety, is such a big problem. In particular, I like all the sailboats and it would have to be a very tall pedestrian bridge to allow them to go under it. I guess I see part of the point being going for a walk and also see the canal as part of appreciating the history rather than an impediment to commuting to LSP, which mostly offers more walking anyways.

Quote:

Xerxes wrote:
Quote:

ianmac47 wrote:
Yeah, well there already is pedestrian access at Jersey Avenue.

Yes, that's true...and of course there's nothing to stop people from walking to Kennedy Boulevard along Grand Street and then back into the park.
Perhaps one could walk along the walkway and then at Exchange Place take the Light Rail to the Park and then walk the mile or so back to the walway.
Or if money isn't an object one could be picked up by helicopter at Portside and be taken a couple hundred feet accross the Marina entrance.

Is there something inherently difficult to understand about the concept of a CONTINUOUS WALKWAY ALONG THE HUDSON?
If they could do it in Manhattan, I'm sure they could manage it in a burb like Jersey City...except for the cheaply greased palms in JC.

Posted on: 2007/9/14 0:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/12/15 2:25
Group:
Registered Users
My idea solution:

1) More ferries between JC/Manhattan that can be picked up multiple times per day on weekends and multiple locations up/down the Hudson. They need to be priced around $2 per leg.

2) No bridge to LSP. Instead, git rid of the commuter lot (or rebuild it up) , the garbage at the far west end of the canal and move the boat storage. Then build a new path/park, like the west side highway in Manhattan, all the way through to LSP.

Cheaper than bridges , more people get access, and better long term benefits.

Posted on: 2007/9/13 23:12

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 8 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017