Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
111 user(s) are online (104 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 111

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Plans for a single building of 45 Affordable Housing Units in the Heights
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/11/29 19:49
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks for the answer Ricardo. I was wondering if anyone on the list has any idea of how to see the plans that were mentioned in the JJ article. I doubt there is anything online. Where could I find these plans to look at them? DanL are you out there? Also is there a way of searching the Planning Commission minutes for talk of this project? It supposedly was around for a while. Thanks for any help you can offer.

Posted on: 2008/2/3 14:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
I hope they're not building low income housing. There's is enough of that already in Jersey City.

Posted on: 2008/2/3 7:56

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/1/16 3:14
Group:
Registered Users
Jimmy,

I wrote a sidebar to my story in the Hudson Reporter on the 110 First St. project on the 45 housing units. It is posted on JC List in the thread "Three 40-plus story towers on 110 and 111 First Street sites."
I did not write too much since I was not able to attend the portion of the Planning Board meeting when it was discussed and I did not have enough space for my overall story. Any other questions, let me know. Take care.

Ricardo Kaulessar

Sidebar

110 First St.'s affordable housing obligation

When Councilman Bill Gaughan spoke at Tuesday's Planning Board meeting in favor of the 110 First St. project and the city's settlement with the owner of the property, it wasn't just because the settlement saved City Hall from losing an expensive lawsuit.

It turns out the settlement calls for 70 units of affordable housing to be built among 110 First St. and another site.

Twenty-five affordable housing units are designated for 110 First St., but another 45 will be at 1201-1217 Summit Ave., located in the part of the city that Gaughan represents on the City Council.

The entire project consists of the 45 units and 2,332 sq. ft. of retail.

The Summit Avenue project also was presented at Tuesday's Planning Board meeting and was approved unanimously by the board, who praised the project for its design.

The project will be built by the Franklin Development Group, LLC with $2.5 million in funding from the 110 First St. developers.

According to the Council on Affordable Housing (COAH), a state organization that sets guidelines for municipalities to meet their affordable housing obligations, "affordable" rental housing in New Jersey should not cost more than 28 percent of a person's income. - RK

Comments on the story can be sent to rkaulessar@hudsonreporter.com.

Posted on: 2008/2/2 23:44

Plans for a single building of 45 Affordable Housing Units in the Heights
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/11/29 19:49
Group:
Registered Users
How can one find details about the plans for the 45 units of affordable housing that were part of the Powerhouse development deal?

I am curious as to why from a total of 70 required affordable housing units only 25 are designated for the Powerhouse project and the other 45 are being put in one new building up in the Heights.

Does anyone have any more details? Thanks.

Posted on: 2008/2/2 20:48

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017