Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
151 user(s) are online (129 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 151

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: B.S. Car impound and bad treatment.
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
I've never had my car stolen, emergency impounded or had to deal with recovering a car from the impound, but it seems like a case of WTF, if they make the owner have to pay for its release if they were a victim of crime.

Sounds like a case of extortion in my books if the owner did nothing wrong - the impound yard should try to recover any money from the ass-wipe who stole it, when they get caught.

Do you have to pay money to recover stolen property from the cops if they find it - like identifable jewelry or white goods with your name or id number on it.

Sounds like a scam to me!

Posted on: 2007/11/24 0:46
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/8/27 17:10
From Harsimus Cove
Group:
Registered Users
Thaks, Scooter. I had about 8 tickets on my car when it was stolen last year too. I just called the parking Authority and they gave me anbother number and the tickets were wiped clear. I never had to go to court. I did pay the impound though. Sorry to hear your ordeal too.

Posted on: 2007/11/23 23:08

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Harsimus Cove
Group:
Registered Users
I am going to call on Monday. Thanks so much for the information.

The impound is open tomorrow at 8:30 am and I am hoping to go there at this time.

Thanks for everyones help and advice :) I am just waiting for bad treatment and fees tomorrow.

Posted on: 2007/11/23 23:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/2 19:00
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

linky wrote:
Wow, that is truly outrageous. Even over the top for JC. Please tell me you didn't miss your part-time job obligation, and more important, your turkey dinner.

If so, someone owes you more than a simple apology.

First thing Monday a call needs to be made to the director of the JCIA to inform him of the situation. The director is Orin Dabney 201-432-4645. I'm really glad that there was someone at the Chiefs office today. Again, I felt so bad for them when I read this post.

Posted on: 2007/11/23 18:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/8/9 20:03
Group:
Registered Users
Wow, that is truly outrageous. Even over the top for JC. Please tell me you didn't miss your part-time job obligation, and more important, your turkey dinner.

If so, someone owes you more than a simple apology.

Posted on: 2007/11/23 18:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/10 14:50
From hamilton park
Group:
Registered Users
nice job pinky!

Posted on: 2007/11/23 17:55
utterly deplorable

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/2 19:00
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
The car pound is run by the JCIA. When a vehicle needs to be towed for an emergency situation (such as yours) there is no fee.

I have posted this many times that IMO the current staff/Chief Comey included, at the Chiefs office in the JCPD is the most constituent oriented office that I've experienced in my 12 years in Jersey City. I really felt bad for you when I read this post and I took the liberty to call them this morning.

I sent you a pm, with the contact information. Please give them a call.

Posted on: 2007/11/23 17:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/9/29 17:41
Group:
Registered Users
Isn't there a local news station that do those reports and undercover stories that could be contacted about all this. CBS, NBC or someone?

Posted on: 2007/11/23 17:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/11/25 20:46
Group:
Registered Users
SallyGal, sorry to about that - I had my car ticketed for street cleaning in another part of town 5 days *after* it was stolen - not only did the Parking Authority miss the chance to recover it, but I then had to spend half an afternoon in court 30 days later to get the ticket removed from my record - so I think you can expect the same (although you might be trying to recover the money you'll spend tomorrow get your car out, which will probably entail badgering them after the fact)

my sympathies, for what it's worth

Posted on: 2007/11/23 17:02
"Someday a book will be written on how this city can be broke in the midst of all this development." ---Brewster

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/10 14:50
From hamilton park
Group:
Registered Users
making this even worse is the fact that she has to wait until Saturday when they reopen? I'm sorry but am I missing something here? why the hell aren't they open today? last I looked yesterday was the holiday, not today, I should know, I'm sitting in my office responding to this.

When you write your letter remember to copy the local newspapers, the more bad publicity for all accountable parties the better to make them shape up!

Posted on: 2007/11/23 16:57
utterly deplorable

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/6/12 3:42
Group:
Registered Users
There is some kind of scam in Jersey City where cars are towed improperly - and then some paperwork shenanigans, for the purposes of stealing the car.

These cops probably thought that one of their buddies was running this scam on you, and that's why they didn't let you take the car.

Posted on: 2007/11/23 15:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/10/21 14:19
From McGinley Square
Group:
Registered Users
I hope you got the name of both the United Water supervisor and the cop on duty. Although the problem probably has to do with the ineffeciency of all the different parties, United Water is probably the one responsible for footing the bill, IMHO. They were the ones who had your car towed which is why they covered the bill in the first place. When you write the letter to the mayor's office, make sure that you include the names of all the parties involved. You should also forward your letter to the police department, United Water and the incinerator authority, which I believe councilwoman Mary Spinello works for.
That really sucks and I hope that you at least get financial compensation for it.

Posted on: 2007/11/23 12:49

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/1/30 1:18
Group:
Registered Users
If I'm not mistaken the car impound lot is run by the Jersey City Incinerator Authority and its employees. So I assume your problem is with them and not the police.

It was an emergency situation from what you say and your car was towed so it would not be damaged or interfere with the work needed to be done to restore water to the residents near the area of the water main break.

I am sorry you had to be inconvenienced but I think your fight is with the Incinerator Authority and their employee who close their computer station early for thanksgiving.

Posted on: 2007/11/23 6:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/2/28 15:23
Group:
Banned
I don't think this is a cop issue - I think the overriding philosophy for the city, is if there are any cross-department questions, let the resident sort it out in court. Recently, our Mayor stated he is happy for our Parking enforcement to f**k up doing their jobs because our judges are honest and can straighten things out in court.

Me - I'd rather see a little more on-the-spot training and empowerment of City officials to act in the best interests of their employers - us JC residents.

Posted on: 2007/11/23 3:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

About 7 cops show up. The woman that I am with is irate and rightfully so. I explain the situation and they do not care. I am told instead that the water break happened last week. I say clearly there is a water main break right now on Jersey/4th. The officer there can vouch for everything and I have a full bag of ID to show this car is mine plus the car keys?. They say no. No cop knows how to work the ?computer system? and we can not take our cars. to pay to get it out!

Q. How many cops does it take to resolve a simple issue or to use a police computer?

A. Obviously more then 7 cops!

Those police entry exams must be damn hard to pass!

What is more of a worry, is how do these 7 cops do a stolen car check, if they suspect a driver of stealing a car they are in?

Posted on: 2007/11/23 2:13
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/2/17 14:13
Group:
Banned
I'm SO SORRY this had to happen to you. I hope getting it off your chest here helped a little. But you are doing the right thing crafting it in a letter and copying it to the police department too. This type of impersonal behaviour that is by the book to make their lives easy so they can go on their breaks and get their doughnuts and go home to their thanksgiving dinner in THEIR car.......I've had it. Sounds like you have too. The JCPD needs to clean up their act. Good luck!

Posted on: 2007/11/23 2:02

B.S. Car impound and bad treatment.

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Harsimus Cove
Group:
Registered Users
So I am still really mad and it takes a lot to get me really mad! Any suggestions would be appreciated?

Yesterday I got out of my full time job early and was on my way to my holiday part-time job. I went to get in my car on 4th and Jersey and it was gone. United Water was fixing a water main break where my car was parked. There was a really nice cop there directing traffic and she told me it had been towed with 2 other cars and taken to the impound. She knew where I lived and had tried to notify me but I was at work. I was told not to worry that someone from United was going to take me to get my car and that it had been paid for already. The supervisor from United said the same and was very nice and apologetic. There was another woman waiting to get her car too. As luck would have my good friend walks by and drives us to the impound. When I get there a car is speeding out and the driver tells me they are closed except all the gates are open including the one where our cars are located. SO?no one is there and I want my car and get in it and start to drive out. A worker comes out and tells me that I can?t do this. I explain the situation and they say we are closed. I say this is ridiculous my car is paid for, I am in it, the cop and United just called here and I want my car. I start to drive my car out, as does the other victim. Another man comes out and shuts the gate to the street. I call the police and so do they. About 7 cops show up. The woman that I am with is irate and rightfully so. I explain the situation and they do not care. I am told instead that the water break happened last week. I say clearly there is a water main break right now on Jersey/4th. The officer there can vouch for everything and I have a full bag of ID to show this car is mine plus the car keys?. They say no. No cop knows how to work the ?computer system? and we can not take our cars. We are told that we are trespassing and that we could be arrested. The woman that is with me is leaving today for 2 weeks. I am left without a car to get to Thanksgiving with my family (PS I could not even rent a car because it they were all taken for the holiday already) and also will not be able to get to my 2 jobs. They could care less?.and we are told to come back on Saturday when they re-open.
There is so much more rudeness that goes on but this is already long enough. I go back to the cop on the street and she apologies profusely as does the United Water Supervisor.

I am waiting to get there on Saturday and have to pay?I know this is going to happen?like when my car was stolen (it had a police report) and it was impounded and I still had to pay to get it out!

Planning on contacting the mayor?s office?.

Posted on: 2007/11/23 1:29

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017