Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
150 user(s) are online (129 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 150

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: RUDE UPS deliveryman
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/8/14 6:40
Group:
Registered Users
I always though that UPS guys were the best. When i was still in New York, the one that delivered in my area always said hello to me but never even delivered to me. He was nice and kind.

The once here arent like that, but they are still not rude (not from my experiences).

From what i see, here is what they do. Take the package. Ring the bell, start writing out the "Sorry we missed you" slip, and when they are done filling it out, they leave. If you open in time, then you get it. It seems normal to me.

--
On anther note, this one lady who worked for USPS was stupid. I live in a 24 story building. She called me through intercom and says i have a package. I say okay, and buzz her in. 5 min later, she calls again, you have a package. I say okay, i know, come up, and i buzz her in. That happened about 2 more times. After that she finally comes up to my floor and i told her i was waiting for her and she said "Im not allowed to go up" (nice excuse).
Either way, she still had at least 5 packages, so i guess nobody went down.

Posted on: 2007/11/9 0:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/6/15 16:59
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
The 3rd Street UPS delivery guy is an asshat. For a few weeks the doorbell wasn't working, but was expecting a package. After the first failed attempt, when we discovered the doorbell was out, the driver had checked off 2pm to 5pm as the next possible delivery attempt. We left a note with a phone number on the door. That next attempted delivery was 1:15, forty five minutes before the scheduled time, and of course, no attempt to call. The delivery slip then was checked for 2pm to 7pm-- two delivery periods. My better half spent the entire afternoon at the window watching for the truck. At 7:30 pm, UPS still hadn't shown up. We were on our way out when I drove around the block saw a UPS truck from two blocks away-- at 7:45. Well done UPS.

In a totally different instance, a friend had ordered a wall mount for his television. He lives in a huge building, but no doorman. The UPS guy delivered the package to some random homeless dude on his front stoop. Way to go UPS.

Posted on: 2007/11/8 21:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/14 20:15
From Crystal Point
Group:
Registered Users
my ups guy is awesome. he's a middle aged asian that says hello to me whenever i see him with/without a package.

Posted on: 2007/11/8 17:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 3:29
Group:
Banned
I love my local UPS guys. It's the Fresh Direct thugs that I cannot stand. I haven't even had them deliver to me yet -- just seen them cause trouble on the streets with their reckless driving and inconsiderate (and illegal) parking. I beeped once to alert the driver to a crossing pedestrian and he gave me the finger.

Sweet.

Posted on: 2007/11/8 16:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/14 0:40
Group:
Registered Users
I live on 5th Street and had a package delivered early yesterday evening by UPS. The delivery man rang my doorbell several times right when he got to my door, but when I answered it he was totally cool. Seemed like a regular, friendly guy...

Maybe he so anxiously rang my bell because perhaps he has a family that he wants to get home to...and I can't blame him for that.

Posted on: 2007/11/8 6:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/24 18:16
From "Pay for Play"
Group:
Registered Users
I must be lucky. My UPS guy is a saint, always comes up two flights of stairs no matter how heavy the package(s), smiles and leaves quickly.

Now if only our poster boy of a mail carrier, Nick, would come back to work from surgery.

Posted on: 2007/11/8 6:16
Resized Image
Help US Sue Spectra! Join OR Donate!

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/7/20 5:33
Group:
Banned
Amazing. JCList has run out of places to publicly complain about so now it's UPS. They've always been consistently bad but at least they're consistent.

Posted on: 2007/11/8 6:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/18 1:45
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
It amuses me you have a problem with a UPS deliveryman who knocks too many times, we cannot get ours to knock once.

He sneaks up and leaves a postit on the door without so much as pessing the doorbell a single time.

I'd pay good money to have your guy who buzzes five times, and rings and knocks and shouts.

Robin.

Posted on: 2007/11/8 4:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/12/15 2:25
Group:
Registered Users
Should have shot him for trespassing, that will learn him.

Posted on: 2007/11/8 2:33

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/2/8 20:49
Group:
Registered Users
He tried to deliver last night. Buzzed our apt 5 times and we answered each time. He wouldn't tell us which apt he was looking for. Told us to come downstairs or we weren't getting our package (we weren't expecting a delivery).

Tonight - buzzes another 5 times. Yells through the intercom that we've got a package and to just come downstairs. I go downstairs to check the package myself. Read the name and it's my neighbor. He proceeds to wave his hand and dismiss me. No apology for buzzing multiple times or being extremely rude through the intercom.

Posted on: 2007/11/8 1:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/5/13 20:32
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

poyc wrote:
Possibly the same man, since he wore glasses, but could not tell if he was Hispanic.

This deliveryman didn't realize that he was at the wrong building after buzzing my apt 5 times and waved me away with his hand, since he realized his mistake.

Doesn't sound that rude to me. Unless there is more to the story...

Posted on: 2007/11/8 1:36

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Possibly the same man, since he wore glasses, but could not tell if he was Hispanic.

This deliveryman didn't realize that he was at the wrong building after buzzing my apt 5 times and waved me away with his hand, since he realized his mistake.

Posted on: 2007/11/8 1:34

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/7/24 13:43
Group:
Registered Users
I'm on Sixth Street. I see my regular UPS guy at least once a week (accepting packages for various tenants in the building + neighbors!). Our usual deliveryman wears glasses and is middle-aged and Hispanic. He's always been very amicable. Although I think he mentioned the recent street closings (due to construction) has been a pain in the butt.

Do you think he might be the same guy?

My FedEx delivery guy is a real card. Smokes like a chimney and always slightly ornery.

Posted on: 2007/11/8 1:27

RUDE UPS deliveryman
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Has anyone in the Harsimus Cove area interacted with the new RUDE UPS delivery man? I live on 5th Street and have never met a UPS delivery person as rude as this.

I actually was so shocked I called UPS to complain. I hated doing it, but I didn't want anyone else to deal with him.

Posted on: 2007/11/8 1:13

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017