Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
137 user(s) are online (121 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 137

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: 119 Colombus is GROSS
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/11/16 18:32
Group:
Registered Users
I hate that stretch of Columbus. Seriously, I'd be chowing down on feed your soul cookies every day if I didn't have to walk past all of the grossness. Well, come to think of it, it probably wouldn't be a good thing for my growing waistline if they did fix it. LOL.

Posted on: 2007/12/1 1:11

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/11/15 12:18
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2007/11/30 0:41

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

StevenFulop wrote:
Joe -

By way of update for this area:

1) We are pursuing a $2mm grant from the state for the streetscape so this is moving forward actually

2) The redevelopment plan will be on the agenda for Newark/Christopher Columbus before the end of the year

3) The entertainment license ordinance which I worked on primarily for this will be on the first agenda in December (I have a draft circulating)

4) The employment and Training building on Newark Avenue will have the RFP out to sell this month (city has been approached on several ideas that are very different)

5) Next agenda in November the ordinance officially closing Newark Avenue in front of Grove Pointe to bus traffic will be on the agenda as the original plan had this open which we are trying to close

6) 7 new restaurants since we changed that law a year ago on the liquor licenses

7) I will call the Incinerator Authority director this AM to get the trash removed.

Hope this helps
Steven Fulop

This is great news. Thanks for the update Steve. Christopher Columbus is important as it serves as the entranceway to JC for all of those who take the NJ TPK. It will be amazing to see what some streetscaping will do to Newark as well.

Posted on: 2007/11/9 14:46

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/6/19 18:03
From Grove St.
Group:
Registered Users
Why don't you contact the SID, they are there to help you, the merchant.

"Clean Team
We have been pleased with the; performance of our hardworking Clean Team. They work a total of 120 hours per week sweeping the sidewalks in our district, picking up the litter along the streets and curbs, perform weeding where necessary and also water the flowers. If you notice any specific problems in your area please let us know. Also remember that you are also responsible for the front of your building! Lets work together to make our district clean and beautiful!" clipped from: http://www.jcdowntown.org/news.html

Plus, if your neighbor is not acting in a responsible manner, they can get the NID involved. Just go to a meeting and state your case, they surely will listen to you.

Posted on: 2007/11/8 21:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/29 4:06
Group:
Banned
Quote:

MaximillianB wrote:
The art framing business that was next to me closed down as a result of this construction site, because its revenue had dropped off 80% since the sidewalk was blocked off and the visibility of their store was completely obstructed by the gate that was erected for this construction site.

Would any lawyers here know whether this poster could file a suit against the construction company in civil court?

Posted on: 2007/11/7 20:27

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2007/11/30 18:54
Group:
Banned
Oh boutique, I walk by everyday and feel so bad that you have to be next to that mess! Your place looks soo nice, its really the highlight of my walk to the path. Good luck!

Posted on: 2007/11/7 18:19

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Great to hear about all the changes, but I would love to know if that madical building is getting fined. Garbage is one thing, but bloody stuff and needles? It had been swept into a pile, but then just left on the sidewalk. ewww.

Can't wait for Colombus to get cleaned up! It will make the city look so much nicer! And please more bars and a music venue would be cool. How can we get places to stay open later?

Posted on: 2007/11/7 18:15

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/3/1 18:17
Group:
Registered Users
I am happy to see that a thread has been started on this issue. I am the owner of Maximillian Boutique (a children's store) at 107 Christopher Columbus Drive, situated right next to the abandoned construction site at 113-109 Christopher Columbus Drive. The garbage and water backup associated with this site has put a huge damper on the flow of traffic on this street. While I do my best to keep the area in front of my store clean, it is very challenging. Between the rats that I have seen in and around this site and the constant pile up of garbage, the street has gotten worse as a result of the developer's lack of interest in maintaining the area surrounding the construction site. I have contacted the developer on several occasions asking for their assistance and consideration for the businesses surrounding this site, but they refuse to address the issue. I have contacted the Buildings Department and the Traffic Department regarding the issue and I have gotten no results. The art framing business that was next to me closed down as a result of this construction site, because its revenue had dropped off 80% since the sidewalk was blocked off and the visibility of their store was completely obstructed by the gate that was erected for this construction site. I see two issues that need to be addressed with this site: 1. The temporary sidewalk that was erected seems unsafe to me and should be replaced with a safer walkway and something that is more appealing. 2. The developer should be responsible for dealing with the flooding and garbage pile up on a daily basis to ensure that the street remains clean.

I would appreciate help or some guidance on who can make things happen in correcting this situation. I am all for making Christopher Columbus Drive a nicer and cleaner street.

-Lorraine Liste

Posted on: 2007/11/7 18:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/4 17:25
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

StevenFulop wrote:
Joe -

1) We are pursuing a $2mm grant from the state for the streetscape so this is moving forward actually

2) The redevelopment plan will be on the agenda for Newark/Christopher Columbus before the end of the year

3) The entertainment license ordinance which I worked on primarily for this will be on the first agenda in December (I have a draft circulating)

4) The employment and Training building on Newark Avenue will have the RFP out to sell this month (city has been approached on several ideas that are very different)

5) Next agenda in November the ordinance officially closing Newark Avenue in front of Grove Pointe to bus traffic will be on the agenda as the original plan had this open which we are trying to close

6) 7 new restaurants since we changed that law a year ago on the liquor licenses

7) I will call the Incinerator Authority director this AM to get the trash removed.

Hope this helps
Steven Fulop

I like you, Steven!

Posted on: 2007/11/7 16:44

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/3/27 19:46
Group:
Registered Users
Joe -

Hope this helps
Steven Fulop

Posted on: 2007/11/7 12:40

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
too bad this never materialized:

http://www.stevenfulop.com/streetplan.htm

Posted on: 2007/11/7 3:22

Yes there are some bigs rats in this town

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/2/8 4:19
Group:
Registered Users
so what is your solution to the problem ?

was the mess there before the building opened ? we know the building serves a a homeless hotel after hours, but it seems to me that all is cleaned once the building opens ?

also, when you say all of columbus, are you referring to the point before the twice weekly sweeping the sidewalk of the apartments between Jersey and Barrow get ?

and yes those rats a very big

martini any one ?

dirty tony
www.dirtytonys.net

Posted on: 2007/11/7 2:18

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/9/12 23:21
Group:
Registered Users
I really think that mural is gross also .

Posted on: 2007/11/6 17:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/9/29 17:41
Group:
Registered Users
The mural is the only good thing about columbus ave.

Has anyone noticed the rodents of unusual size running in and out/around that tarp next to the pawn/travel agency? They were huge and very brazen.

Posted on: 2007/11/6 16:30

119 Colombus is GROSS
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Well, all of Columbus Ave. is gross, but that medical building is the worst. I walked by yesterday morning and there was a PILE of bloody gauze, wet wee wee pads, and used syringes! Ewww. Like finding a band aid in the pool but way worst.

That whole street is sooo dirty. The mural, the bums with their furniture and toilet, the mural, the unfinished and abandoned construction with blocked off and flooded sidewalk, and a whole lot of garbage. And now that video turned "antique store". It just looks horrible.

Posted on: 2007/11/6 16:10

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017