Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
101 user(s) are online (89 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 101

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Parking Authority told not to blow "horn" while writing tickets
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

soulman wrote:
A friend of mine who is a JCPD officer, got me one of those metal plaques, from the F.O.P., put it on my dashboard. Tried it yesterday, no ticket for me, problem solved. Now I dont have to move my car at all! Thank you JCPD/JCPA.

I've noticed that those metal plaques work great when it comes to not getting a parking ticket - Just start looking around the construction sites at the trucks - A lot of us are getting them and yes, no tickets!
If its good for the cops working privately for us on the site, then its good for us.

If you can't beat them, join them in their unethical practice!

Posted on: 2007/11/2 12:43
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/9/6 11:43
From Historic Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
A friend of mine who is a JCPD officer, got me one of those metal plaques, from the F.O.P., put it on my dashboard. Tried it yesterday, no ticket for me, problem solved. Now I dont have to move my car at all! Thank you JCPD/JCPA.

Posted on: 2007/11/2 12:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image

Posted on: 2007/10/31 1:23
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/18 1:45
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
It seems they have stopped blowing their horns.

I received a street cleaning ticket yesterday on 8th street. I was home with my car parked just outtside my window and intended to run out and move it when they blew the horn.

It is not very nice of them to suddenly change this without warning.

Robin.

Posted on: 2007/10/30 19:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/9/29 17:41
Group:
Registered Users
I often feel that the only answer is move or get rid of our cars.

Posted on: 2007/10/30 13:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/11/5 23:00
Group:
Registered Users
Someone in my building was already booted with the new system for "Not having a Permit" but the permit is clearly visible in his car. He was forced to pay the boot and now has to go to court to "get the money back".

Parking is becoming a HUGE problem...What do we do?

Posted on: 2007/10/30 4:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Lets get the 'ethical committee' from city hall down there and do an 'on site' inspection if the cops / street sweepers / parking authority are doing anything unethical!

I'm sure any local business owner would love free none time restricted parking and I bet he / she works hard everyday too!

Posted on: 2007/10/29 22:52

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/9/6 11:43
From Historic Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JSalt wrote:
I agree it kind of stinks, but on the other hand, they were under no obligation to blow their horns in the first place. The sign says when you can't park, and it's up to you to move your car during that time. I suppose it would be a hardship for a homebound person with a disability, but otherwise I don't see the big deal.

1. They were surely under no obligation, but it was a welcomed wakeup call if you were parked on the wrong side.
2. How will you know they came by already, a sure sign they passed is cars parked on the block, but these cars are there already without tickets!
3. Why should the police eat virtually all the parking up in 2 streets, when they have a parking lot on Bay Street they could leave their keys at the front desk, and allow the taxpayers the space they paid for with their taxes, or better yet, let them all park on the streets, and give the parking lot to the public for the exclusive use of the residents. That would solve the problem completely.
4. And what about the section of Bay Street where I live, it never gets cleaned because the cleaner won't go up our block, so the police don't get their cars ticketed. Is this right? If the cars that got slashed on Bay Street last week belonged to the police, it was probably done by a frustrated resident, if they belonged to anyone eles, it was probably done by the police for "invading their turf"

Posted on: 2007/10/29 21:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/8/9 20:03
Group:
Registered Users
The whole point of giving a ticket is to make sure people move their cars so that the streets are properly cleaned. If blowing the horns makes more people move their cars then the streets are cleaner..........no. It seems like a practical thing to do.

And regarding the cops' cars. Their streets down in Monmouth County are nice and clean, so what do they care.

Posted on: 2007/10/29 21:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/10 14:50
From hamilton park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

rosember wrote:
I have noticed in the past week, that it has been mighty silent while the street cleaner covers my block, and that only half the cars on my street (First Street, bteween Erie and Manila) have tickets. I asked the Parking Authority officer in the little trike what gives? She said that the cars that are not ticketed belong to policemen, and they were instructed not to give tickets on First Street or Bay Street between Erie and Manila, and not to give any warning beeps as was the practice in the past. In fact the street cleaner won't even go up Bay from Manila, it makes a left on Manila, right on Newark, Right on Erie, completely bypassing the section between Manila and Erie. and is not giving any warning beeps to make up for the shortfall in tickets. This really stinks, as you now have to look for the street cleaner so that you move your car in time.

oh so we're back to selective ticketing then

Posted on: 2007/10/29 20:59
utterly deplorable

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/10/15 11:49
Group:
Registered Users
I agree it kind of stinks, but on the other hand, they were under no obligation to blow their horns in the first place. The sign says when you can't park, and it's up to you to move your car during that time. I suppose it would be a hardship for a homebound person with a disability, but otherwise I don't see the big deal.

Posted on: 2007/10/29 19:35

Parking Authority told not to blow "horn" while writing tickets
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/6/19 18:03
From Grove St.
Group:
Registered Users
I have noticed in the past week, that it has been mighty silent while the street cleaner covers my block, and that only half the cars on my street (First Street, bteween Erie and Manila) have tickets. I asked the Parking Authority officer in the little trike what gives? She said that the cars that are not ticketed belong to policemen, and they were instructed not to give tickets on First Street or Bay Street between Erie and Manila, and not to give any warning beeps as was the practice in the past. In fact the street cleaner won't even go up Bay from Manila, it makes a left on Manila, right on Newark, Right on Erie, completely bypassing the section between Manila and Erie. and is not giving any warning beeps to make up for the shortfall in tickets. This really stinks, as you now have to look for the street cleaner so that you move your car in time.

Posted on: 2007/10/29 19:23

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017