Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
127 user(s) are online (103 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 127

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Corporate building at 95 Christopher Columbus
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/2/24 1:03
Group:
Registered Users
maybe one day I can offord to live there. I'll get back to you on your observations at that time.

Posted on: 2007/10/29 19:51

Re: Corporate building at 95 Christopher Columbus

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/8/2 21:02
Group:
Registered Users
Yes, I've noticed the trucks and idling at this location. They really are in a unique position as the only large office building surrounded by brownstones.

Because of this location they need spend more effort in cutting down on noise and air polution.

Maybe the state would like to start fining idlers at this location:
http://www.state.nj.us/dep/enforcement/otb-idle.htm

Quote:
N.J.A.C. 7:27-14 requires that diesel powered vehicles idle for no more than 3 minutes. Vehicle drivers and property owners will be issued a Field Notice of Violation by DEP inspectors if their vehicle is observed idling for more than 3 minutes.

Posted on: 2007/10/29 19:05

Corporate building at 95 Christopher Columbus

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/9/30 22:52
Group:
Registered Users
For the last three years, I have lived behind 95 Columbus Ave. Their loading dock and generator exhaust vent are across the street from my home. While I understand certain discomforts attach to city living, I have noticed the following exceed "normal" expectations. Has anyone else on the 3 - 29 block of Wayne Street observed the following?

1) Brinks shredding truck - arrives between 8:30 am-10 am. Industrial shredding at a level to make me wish I had a hearing aid I could turn off. Sometimes shredding lasts until 2-3 pm, a full 6 hours.

2) Building generators - on Saturday, 9/8/07, they were on for emergency PSE&G repair from 9 a.m. - 11:15 p.m. 14 hours of diesel exhaust and the sound of a freight train running down my block. The generators were also on all night, every night last week.

3) Noise and parking issues - vendors and contractors who jockey in line to get to the loading dock keep their engines running, filling my house with fumes. They throw their trash out their windows into my front yard. They've destroyed a sidewalk planter we built last spring. I work from home and cannot work in the front of my house between 7 a.m. - 1 p.m. because of the noise and pollution.

If you live on this block and want to talk, please contact me at kimilee935@hotmail.com. I've already opened a dialogue with the building manager at 95 Columbus. But let's be frank, they'll listen if 15 angry neighbors show up to complain. They don't care if only one person complains!

The building manager is Debbie Sparks of Wells Fargo Realty. (201-432-3244). She's made herself available 9-5 M-F if anyone has complaints.

Posted on: 2007/10/29 17:27

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017