Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
132 user(s) are online (92 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 132

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Lofts in JC (starting with 150 Bay Street)

Hide User information
Last Login :
2007/12/23 4:55
Group:
Registered Users
Really want to try the loft concept as a live/work alternative. Meets lots of needs including my desire to take a break from being a renter (as opposed to an owner).

150 Bay Street sounds like a nice place that's going through the normal growing pains of any conversion. If anyone knows of other buildings (or private situations) I need to check into immediately, reach out and I'll let you know my direct contact info.

Posted on: 2007/10/18 14:11

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/4/20 20:58
Group:
Registered Users
For the amount of money you are looking to spend per month why not just buy something in that surronding area. That way you would maybe get parking as well.

Posted on: 2007/10/17 14:05

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/12/4 20:16
Group:
Registered Users
The extra thick walls aren't the issue, its the subdividing walls that dont block the sound between apartments.

Some apartments dont have as nice flooring (its all concrete, but some have unlevel ones, and floors w/ multi colors/paint splotches, but it is, after all, a warehouse loft.

Not sure about the leakage problems. I know many who've complained have either since moved, moved to other open apartments - the leakages weren't just little drips, though, in some apartments, they were coming down the walls (where sockets existed!) in buckets!

Abt the dogs - its not the #2s, its the #1s -- people have been good about excrement, just not about moving their pets to grassier or less walked areas (esp. girl dogs) to pee.... we have to wait for the rains to come to wash it away...

Posted on: 2007/10/17 12:18

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks.....your input was most helpful....I guess the sound issues are to be expected in a development of that size (although one would expect the EXTRA thick walls from the original warehouse construction to block most of the sound!)

The leaks are really surprising since the building renovations don't seem to have taken place that long ago. Has management not addressed the problem or is it happening in spite of their fixes?

I feel your pain on the dog poop.....DISGUSTING!...but it seems to be getting worse and worse everywhere you go in the popular areas.

Posted on: 2007/10/17 4:39

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/12/4 20:16
Group:
Registered Users
150 Bay Street - In house gym, washing machines on every floor, friendly staff. For us, no sound carry between the renters above or below us, though when our fave neighbor we share a common wall with goes for it, we can hear the jazz. Thankfully we like jazz.

Have never had any rodent or bug problems, and the building is working on refacing. This was the site of a former A&P storage, as far as I am aware. Bottom 6 floors are occupied by StorageUSA.

On the cons side, many of the units have had troubles with rainwater leakage (particularly those w/ skylights) so buyer beware. There are a number of families living in the building and most people are respectful of others' privacy, excluding a few annoying instances of artists hosting general invite gallery parties that ran amok. Last comment, though many dog owners are on property, a few disgusting ones insist on having their pets urinate close to the 'square' outside the lobby (albeit on the asphalt) which makes for a disgusting walkup. That's my biggest gripe -- walk your dog across the street!

You do get a lot of space for your money relative to others I've seen (50 columbus seems to have some nice amenities, but at 1700 for a studio!?), and I've seen some 1000-1100 sqft units go for the price range you mention...

Hope this helps.

Posted on: 2007/10/17 2:05

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/21 15:03
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
the link provided leaves a parenthesis at the end. You can see it in your address bar. all you need to do is delete the parenthesis in the address bar after clicking in the link provided and the page reloads fine.

Posted on: 2007/10/17 0:00

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Many thanks for the information.....tried to access Montgomery Greene's website a few times and it doesn't load. Am I the only one having this problem?!?!

Posted on: 2007/10/16 21:14

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/11/8 13:43
Group:
Registered Users
Montgomery Greene (http://montgomery-greene.com/) right in Exchange Place has some lofts spaces for living/business.

You can check with the sales office to see if any more are available. Maybe someone that bought one is renting one out??

The location is ideal and the area is safe....

Posted on: 2007/10/15 16:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/3/26 15:30
Group:
Registered Users
The exact streets that define the Bergen-Lafayette I don't know but the general area is west of the Liberty Science Center. I just moved there myself several weeks ago to the Foundry Condos. So far I love it. http://www.jcfoundry.com

The Light Rail station for Liberty Park is a few hundred yards away which makes it very convenient to get to Exchange Place where I grab the PATH to WTC. My commute time is exactly the same as when I used to walked to the Grove St. Station from Hamilton Park.

Quote:

fraulein wrote:
I shamefully ask, having lived here almost 2 years and not having gone to areas other than Journal Square, Lincoln Park and downtown, what streets border this area of JC (other than Bergen and Lafayette?). Someone I met in yoga mentioned she lives there and loves it, but when looking at a map I wasn't sure where this area was (though I know I've passed signs for it).

Posted on: 2007/10/15 15:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/10/15 11:49
Group:
Registered Users
150 Bay St. is probably the safest location in town that has lofts. My wife and I lived in a live/work space (that wasn't exactly legal) in that area, and we found it to be pretty safe, just a bit deserted.

That was before the 150 Bay and Waldo lofts were even finished, so now there's a lot more foot traffic than there used to be. If you can afford the rents (which I'm not familiar with), that neighborhood is your best bet.

Posted on: 2007/10/15 14:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/15 11:50
From Village/HP
Group:
Registered Users
I shamefully ask, having lived here almost 2 years and not having gone to areas other than Journal Square, Lincoln Park and downtown, what streets border this area of JC (other than Bergen and Lafayette?). Someone I met in yoga mentioned she lives there and loves it, but when looking at a map I wasn't sure where this area was (though I know I've passed signs for it).

Posted on: 2007/10/15 14:13

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks, Kris...know there are JC loft experts out there....hadn't looked in the Bergen-Lafayette area.

Posted on: 2007/10/15 13:38

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/5/28 14:31
Group:
Registered Users
New here and subscribing as I'm also looking for similar info.

I've been researching lofts in JC, especially live/work types up to $2K/mo range, and interested in learning more... such which lofts get the thumbs up, what's planned for the future, etc... from those already there.

My current search has primarily been around the Bergen-Lafayette area, because it seemed most up-and-coming (vs. already priced to the sky ), but open to learning more about pretty much any JC loft suggestions.

Thanks!

Posted on: 2007/10/15 10:49

Lofts in JC (starting with 150 Bay Street)

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Looking to rent a loft in Jersey City and saw an ad for the lofts at 150 Bay Street. Any pros (or cons) that can be shared about the units? Also, how safe is the area....know it's only one block from the Grove Street PATH but the neighborhood seems to be in transition. Is there any other loft complex (in the 2500 per month range) that I should consider?

Thanks in advance for your input.....

Posted on: 2007/10/15 3:55

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017