Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
133 user(s) are online (122 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 133

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 »

Re: Are Cops drinking on duty in JC? you have to see this video!!!
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2007/12/30 20:15
Group:
Banned
Actually, Fat-ass-bike, you're wrong.

Healy was not mayor of Jersey City in October of 2004. L. Harvey Smith was acting mayor until Healy was elected in the November 2004 special election. Note that Captain O'Callahan never says this happened as Fatt-ass-bike says, with "Healy at the helm" but rather that the video was provided to Mayor Healy (who was not mayor until November 2004).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L._Harvey_Smith

Yet more of your work done for you, "journalists". You're welcome.

Posted on: 2007/10/12 21:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
This explains a lot - 2004, Healy at the helm with an ex aide and the 'others' at the ready to down play and defend.

Who loves you babe...

Excellent work dudes...(s6media) and 'list' webbie for not interfering with this thread by remaining neutral.

sniff, sniff I smell a poster thats 'not downtown' III (sorry typo) near this post - smells like someone from Lincoln Park!

Posted on: 2007/10/12 21:15
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/3/7 12:08
Group:
Registered Users
This is the official statement we received from Jersey City Internal Affairs Unit. They have been very helpful in helping us get to the bottom of this matter. We've recently had a interview with them that also illuminates a few things for us that we'll be posting on our site soon.

btw - As we receive statements, we will continue to post them here and supply links to our complete investigation on our site s6k.com. We will no longer respond to posts regarding any other matter than the facts at hand.

----------
Dear s6K Media,
Thank you for agreeing to send IAU the video, I look forward to reviewing it and comparing it to the video that we have on record.

Although I do not believe it necessary, and would very much like to talk to whoever witnessed this incident in person, I understand there can be reasons the provider of the video chooses to continue to remain anonymous. I also understand your obvious and justified concerns when such incidents as that depicted on the video occur.

Although civil service rules consider much of the discipline process to be confidential, I am sure that I can provide you with the following information. The incident occurred in October of 2004. A video was provided to Mayor Healy, who forwarded it to this Office. Upon investigation, the individuals depicted on the video were identified as Jersey City Police Officers and Supervisors. Those Officers and Supervisors were charged with violating a variety of rules and regulations. Upon being found guilty, appropriate discipline was applied.

Since the process has been complete, it is technically considered a closed matter. However, I would like to compare your video to ours to determine if there is any additional footage that we may be able to take further action on.

In general, IAU has no comment or interest in the conduct of the professional media and/or the posters at various internet web sites. The posted video is an exception to that rule only because IAU knows it to be legitimate, and is interested in any possible additional information it may contain.

Thank you once again for your cooperation in this matter.

Sincerely,
Captain Brian O?Callahan

Posted on: 2007/10/12 20:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/24 18:16
From "Pay for Play"
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

s6kMedia wrote:
[...]
In the next 72-hours, many people will owe apologies that I'm sure we'll never receive.

Stay tuned...
s6k Media

"There is nothing wrong with your television set. Do not attempt to adjust the picture. We are controlling transmission. If we wish to make it louder, we will bring up the volume. If we wish to make it softer, we will tune it to a whisper. We will control the horizontal. We will control the vertical. We can roll the image, make it flutter. We can change the focus to a soft blur, or sharpen it to crystal clarity. For the next hour, sit quietly and we will control all that you see and hear. You are about to participate in a great adventure. You are about to experience the awe and mystery which reaches from the inner mind to... The Outer Limits." ? Opening narration ? The Control Voice ? 1960s

Resized Image

Posted on: 2007/10/12 6:07
Resized Image
Help US Sue Spectra! Join OR Donate!

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
"In the next 72-hours, many people will owe apologies that I'm sure we'll never receive."

FINALLY, what this has been about from the start, getting your "news" website attribution and airtime! Mission accomplished!

Real journalists with integrity don't throw hissy fits about how much they deserve apologies. It's not about them, or the traffic stop that spawned the chip on their shoulder. it's about the story. And they do their research before creating hysteria for hysteria's sake.

One need only look at the 'intro' on your news videos to see your level of professionalism and perspective. Not to mention your reference to "Jersey City's big buildout period, early 2000's maybe?" demonstrating how little you know or care to know about your subject matter. Because the "big buildout period" in Jersey City is a thing of the past, right? Take the trip from Brooklyn and come take a look around, Jimmy Olson!

What's most sickening is that an artist from 111 trusted you to do the right thing with this tape, and you seized it as an opportunity to get you noticed. Shameful.

Posted on: 2007/10/12 5:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/24 18:16
From "Pay for Play"
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dreadstar wrote:
[...]And your vehemence makes me wonder if you work for the the administration or the police department.

Resized ImageResized Image

Posted on: 2007/10/12 5:53
Resized Image
Help US Sue Spectra! Join OR Donate!

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/3/7 12:08
Group:
Registered Users
Hello All,
We've been in contact and have gotten statements from a number of official sources that tell us a story that contradict many of the posts here. Since we are a news service, we will refrain from the banter and stay focused on the facts as we can find them...not as we can create them to prove our own point[s].

In the next 72-hours, many people will owe apologies that I'm sure we'll never receive.

Stay tuned...
s6k Media

Posted on: 2007/10/12 5:15

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/4/30 2:50
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
THIS IS A CRIME!!! SOMETHING HAS TO BE DONE!!! THESE PEOPLE NEED TO BE TRIED AND EXECUTED!!! BLA BLA BLA.

This has gone on long enough. I think you people are making mountains out of molehills. First of all you should know the difference between a CRIME and a OFFENSE. A CRIME is punishable by over 1 year in jail, hardly the punishment for drinking, whether on duty or off duty, in this case we have a bunch of cops drinking, this is classified as an OFFENSE, not a CRIME. Second of all being that it is an offense and they were allegdly punished by the dept it would fall under the INTERAL AFFAIRS unit, this case may or may not be subject to public scrutiny, whereas if it were a CRIME then yes it would be subject to public scrutiny and disclosure. Third, if they were punished for this OFFENSE nothing more can be done, you cant punish someone twice for the same offense just because someone found an old dvd and decides to put it on the internet, its called double jeopardy, look it up sometime. If that were the case then OJ would be in court or jail right now for the Simpson murder, and fourth of all if you feel so strongly about this case and feel you need to know the outcome and punishment, file an OPRA report for this case with the city and lets see what you come up with.

Posted on: 2007/10/12 3:41

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2007/11/6 1:44
Group:
Registered Users
I've spoken to fulop. but frankly he was not tremendously helpful on the issues i approached him about although to his credit he did return my call. seems like a generally nice guy.

i have been doing my own followup and have found out from people who work there and can check their full archives that they never covered this story.

I just dont think they heard about it.

And to me administrative is not enough. they commmmited a crime: drinking in public and that should be charged just like any citizen. or are the police above the law. dont get me wrong they should have been hit administratively as well. but one does not cover the other. one is about the law (charges) and the other is about your job (administrative fines). seems to me these guys probably avoided the criminal aspects of this that none of us generally would have been able to do. so small charge or big charge, these guys probably got away with no charge (criminally speaking).

and if that is true, you have your corruption right there. i mean ethics are no joke; in some states letting a potential vendor give a contract evaluator a pen is considered corruption and for good reason. the rules have to apply for everyone equally.

Posted on: 2007/10/11 21:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

alb wrote:
Quote:

dreadstar wrote:

why is everyone so focused on fulop? do we know that he was in office at the time?

I don't know whether Fulop was in office at the time...

Fulop and Healy have been in office almost the same amount of time.

Quote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Fulop

In May 2005, Fulop was an upset winner against an incumbent councilman in Jersey City, NJ.

Quote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerramiah_T._Healy

Jerramiah T. Healy (born December 1950) is the current Mayor of Jersey City, New Jersey. He ran for the unexpired term of the late Glenn D. Cunningham and was elected in November 2004. In the special election, he defeated Acting Mayor L. Harvey Smith. He was subsequently elected to a full term by a record landslide.

Posted on: 2007/10/11 21:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/29 4:06
Group:
Banned
Quote:

dreadstar wrote:

Disclaimer: I'm commenting about the questions involved here, not really taking sides. To me, what R_Pinkowitz has posted seems plausible, but I think it's reasonable for other people to want to try to verify what she's written.

Quote:
2)get all involved on the record with statement about what they understood and did at the time

I think one important point is that, if this is news, it wouldn't be news because of the drinking. It would be news because of the efforts to cover up the disciplinary proceedings.

If the city went through legal motions to put the proceedings on the public record, then bullied or tricked the Jersey Journal into not running the story, then this wouldn't be very interesting, except maybe to Extreme Public Relations Quarterly.

If the city actually hid the information, then the really, really interesting questions would be, "How did they hide this stuff, and have they used similar methods to hide other, juicier incidents?"

Because, seriously, this is such small potatoes. If the JCPD went to the trouble to hide a story like this, then you would think it must be hiding similar stories and stories about more serious problems all the time.

In the real world, I don't think there's any way a reporter at a small paper is going to uncover something like this without having a miraculously great source.

Either a prosecutor has to seize people's computers and e-mail accounts and go through their e-mail, or someone like Steve Fulop has to wave a magic wand and make a source appear.

Quote:

3) verify press coverage or lack thereof (journal def didnt in anyway)

Is it possible it could have been covered with a brief that didn't list names? Or, is it possible that the incident was handled at a level such that it wasn't a matter of public record and was covered by some kind of privacy law?

Quote:
4)perhaps a couple of lawyer perspectives

I think the lawyers would be interesting only if they knew how the city was/is illegally covering up embarrassing news on a regular basis.

Quote:
why is everyone so focused on fulop? do we know that he was in office at the time?

I don't know whether Fulop was in office at the time, but he seems to be a brilliant, hard-working, honest guy who has an incentive to dig up dirt on the Healy administration and could probably report circles around the Jersey Journal reporters if he chose to be a reporter.

If there's any one who would figure out how to get ordinary, non-covered-up disciplinary records concerning the drinking police officers, it would be Fulop.

And, if there was a cover-up, I think the only person other than a prosecuting attorney (or FBI investigators) who could come up with inside information about the cover-up would be Fulop. Partly because it's possible that people in the JCPD and at City Hall who are tired of corruption would figure out a way to tell Fulop what they know.

On the other hand: maybe I just think this way because I've met Fulop and he made a good impression. Maybe someone like Viola Richardson could get you the same kind of answers.

Posted on: 2007/10/11 20:47

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
right and i forgot, every bit of paper public and private documenting how this was handled.

Posted on: 2007/10/11 20:43

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
to me the steps are :
1) get the issue out to as many as possible (i try to help with that .. but most of the rest should be done by journalists who cant be ignored)
2)get all involved on the record with statement about what they understood and did at the time
3) verify press coverage or lack thereof (journal def didnt in anyway)
4)perhaps a couple of lawyer perspectives

Posted on: 2007/10/11 19:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/29 4:06
Group:
Banned
Quote:

jennymayla wrote:

The owners of the video know how to reach me if they want the press list. Beyond that, I couldn't be less interested in this particular debate.

In all fairness: one problem with calling a reporter about this first is that it's possible that we'd be sending the reporter on a wild goose chase.

Maybe the Jersey Journal missed this because of human error (e.g., a reporter was on vacation), or maybe it covered this with a fine 3-paragraph brief. Maybe the only difference between then and now is Web access to the video.

Or maybe Robin is right about the disciplinary actions that took place, but the city somehow managed to cover up what went on. (Or, again, the Jersey Journal somehow messed up.)

Anyhow: to me, it seems as if the best way to track this down would be to call Steve Fulop.

Possibilities:

- Fulop does know that this is old news. In which case, case closed.

- Fulop believes the drinking incident was covered up and now is current news. If so, it seems as if this sort of news would be very helpful to Fulop's campaign and that he'd have good incentives to do our legwork for us. (My experience is that Fulop is a really smart, dogged guy. If anything I think errs in assuming that most other Jersey City political people are completely corrupt, not in doing anything to protect or work with the Machine. And I certainly don't think he's going to squander any credibility covering up for drunk JC cops.)

- Or: Fulop's "algorithmic trading" job at Citigroup somehow involves mortgage-backed securities and he's too busy keeping the economy from imploding to think about anything else right now, in which case maybe Lou Manzo or some other politician who wrestles with the Machine would be a good Fulop substitute.

Posted on: 2007/10/11 18:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/2 19:00
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dreadstar wrote:
sefzi, i would say post number 9 calling for the poster to be kicked off by brian_em is pretty tantamount to wanting to squash the story/ remove thread.

pink,
i have never trashed you. i thought you and i had an honest pm communication. and i have never said you were lying. I just dont believe that you in fact know all the facts. you may be right but it is not based on facts. you have a number of assumptions you are making unless you can connect the dots of how you KNOW. Hearsay is not proof. No one put you in the position of defending your version of history other than yourself when you asserted it.

And i havent posted a thing on nj.com. in part because no offense to the journal but this is the biggest venue for downtown jc (kudos webmaster). and secondly, after i saw the posts yesterday and tried to register so i could comment as well, i never got a confirmation email or whatever to be able to post. so, no i am not jcdirt or anyone else in the thread.

if i can help karma along i am all for it. karma is a lifetime commitment and if i can help keep it heading to the right people all the better.

yeah i though 111 was a raw deal but it was more than the mayor, goldman, and an arsonist involved. there were more than a few spineless or greedy councilman, a bunch of wanna be hippy artists who wouldn't know how to fight a guerrilla fight if their lives depended on it. And a bunch of myopic downtowners who only saw cheap rent for hippies instead of the value of arts to a community. And now the main part of downtown will feel the pain with the flooded housing market, tax abatements that float on the shoulders of tax payers and that of their children. the art scene is still what jc is trying to trade on in its pathetic cynical partnership with developers. and i am not even an artist so had very little vested interest but i wanted what the people had voted for: WALDO. The evisceration of the arts district is the direct result of a corrupt bureaucracy and i want to destroy that corruption in every form i can find and a big
part of that is by letting people know what i see.

I understand but please this needs to be taken up with the press, why they didn't cover it. We both know 1 of the papers was there everyday and even knew about this, maybe you can ask him why there was no follow up.

But seriously, I'm sorry to jump down your back. But, I'm going to stay away from this thread, it's just not worth my energy. Good luck

Posted on: 2007/10/11 18:32

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
sefzi, i would say post number 9 calling for the poster to be kicked off by brian_em is pretty tantamount to wanting to squash the story/ remove thread.

pink,
i have never trashed you. i thought you and i had an honest pm communication. and i have never said you were lying. I just dont believe that you in fact know all the facts. you may be right but it is not based on facts. you have a number of assumptions you are making unless you can connect the dots of how you KNOW. Hearsay is not proof. No one put you in the position of defending your version of history other than yourself when you asserted it.

And i havent posted a thing on nj.com. in part because no offense to the journal but this is the biggest venue for downtown jc (kudos webmaster). and secondly, after i saw the posts yesterday and tried to register so i could comment as well, i never got a confirmation email or whatever to be able to post. so, no i am not jcdirt or anyone else in the thread.

if i can help karma along i am all for it. karma is a lifetime commitment and if i can help keep it heading to the right people all the better.

yeah i though 111 was a raw deal but it was more than the mayor, goldman, and an arsonist involved. there were more than a few spineless or greedy councilman, a bunch of wanna be hippy artists who wouldn't know how to fight a guerrilla fight if their lives depended on it. And a bunch of myopic downtowners who only saw cheap rent for hippies instead of the value of arts to a community. And now the main part of downtown will feel the pain with the flooded housing market, tax abatements that float on the shoulders of tax payers and that of their children. the art scene is still what jc is trying to trade on in its pathetic cynical partnership with developers. and i am not even an artist so had very little vested interest but i wanted what the people had voted for: WALDO. The evisceration of the arts district is the direct result of a corrupt bureaucracy and i want to destroy that corruption in every form i can find and a big part of that is by letting people know what i see.

Posted on: 2007/10/11 18:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/11/10 19:14
Group:
Registered Users
AAAHHHHAHAHAHAH!!!

Still no proof? Quit posting here until you have some proof Pink!! I am embarrassed for you now.

I knew there was a reason I had dental surgery yesterday and get to watch this all unfold and Pink 'fold.'

Love it.

Posted on: 2007/10/11 17:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

81905 wrote:
Ciao Pink! You gave up. Just to hot in the kitchen and after days and days have yet to come up with the 'goods' on these low-life men in uniform. Sad!!! All of your posting efforts down the tubes and still no documented proof. Unreal!!! You remember your early posts to this thread don't you? Come on! Step up to the plate if you know these guys were held accountable. Until then you're just a patsy to everyone here. Your ship sank and your credibility is as weak as your first posts.Quote:

r_pinkowitz wrote:
I posted the facts that I know and that's it. If anyone seeks further information go to the proper resources to get it.

dreadstar/- Nothing is going to bring back 111 First st. What happened over the past few years was terrible, and karma justice has already hit the demolition contractor big time, or don't you read the papers. Hopefully karma will happen to the person(s) who set the fire and also Lloyd Goldman who was and is an all around evil guy..

I can't figure out what are you truly looking for, Justice against police misconduct, justice for 111 First st, maybe a little of both? There is so many agendas, feelings, hurt on this thread that it's all just so many issues all rolled into one. So for that, I'm sidelining it.

You posted you police brutality story, well let me tell you something Mr. "I'm out for truth/justice and to save others" there is a poster or two on this thread that can tell you about abuse first hand.

The thread you qouted, (Should we assume you're JCdirt?)
I checked out the thread on NJO. and folks posted back with even more information.

17544. They should all be indicted
by JCdirt, 10/9/07 9:56 ET
http//video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1219030056283927987&hl=en

Click to view these responses

1. I wonder what the Chief by Shep4JC, 10/9/07
1. The beginning of... by Steep1, 10/9/07
2. It's a disgrace! by thepen2, 10/9/07
1. Unless this kind of by Shep4JC, 10/9/07
1. What is your objective.. by DeepImpact, 10/9/07
> Punishment by JCdirt, 10/9/07
> Mr Impact by Shep4JC, 10/9/07
> you cheap bastard by WSM, 10/9/07
> Who are you posting by Shep4JC, 10/9/07
2. You're perfect by KidBlast42, 10/10/07 New!
2. It gets better, as I hear by JCdirt, 10/9/07
3. Awful. nft by SaloonSally, 10/9/07
1. As A Bartender by SaloonSally, 10/9/07
1. Thx for dodging the... by DeepImpact, 10/9/07
> Mr. Impact pt 2 by Shep4JC, 10/9/07
> I don't doge anything by DeepImpact, 10/9/07
> Thanks by Shep4JC, 10/9/07
4. Perspective by Shep4JC, 10/9/07
1. perspective by Fonzbonz, 10/9/07
1. all true too. by Shep4JC, 10/9/07
5. They were by Belkin, 10/9/07
1. I noticed that my... by DeepImpact, 10/9/07

17544.1.1. The beginning of the..................
by Steep1, 10/9/07 19:33 ET
Re: They should all be indicted by JCdirt, 10/9/07
film says 2001.....Who was mayor then????Who was chief.....This is 6 yr old bullshlt...as someone already posted...they've been disciplined...

17544.2.1.1. What is your objective..
by DeepImpact, 10/9/07 11:40 ET
here this happened at least 5 years ago and the Officers were severly punished at the time, I know all these guys , I like some of them and others I don't ,but this seems out of line to just post this now. I would like to know what is your agenda or objective in posting this video at this time, did one of them give you a ticket or something. Get a clue then maybe you can get a LIFE !!!

17544.3.1.1.1.1. I don't doge anything
by DeepImpact, 10/9/07 12:20 ET
In fact if we could have this conversation face to face I would much perfer that, and no one asked me a question to even dodge, but anyway I believe they received 60 days or more pay reduction each. That roughly comes to about $15000 which is more then the average Nba player fines are for multi millionares. Thx and later I have to go and earn my honest living, just so everyone knows that if I don't respond its because I got to go work.

17544.3.1.1.1.1.1. Thanks
by Shep4JC, 10/9/07 12:22 ET
that's pretty severe, I hope they learned their lesson, more importantly, I hope someone who might do likewise learns it ahead of time.

17544.4.1. perspective
by Fonzbonz, 10/9/07 14:31 ET
any good lawyer viewing the tape would have the case thrown out.I saw one guy drink a clear liquid out a bottle.Mineral water maybe.Some others had cups in their hands,from a contractors water barrel perhaps.Another chap appeared unsteady on his feet.But this is a construction zone and I'm sure the ground was uneven.

I was always told as a youth, pictures don't lie.Perhaps one of the biggest falsehoods of all. The next time you trip on a crack in the street,lets hope the block captain doesn't prattle it about the neighborhood.

Of course if the officers pleaded no contest after veiwing themselves,then shame on them,and hopefully,a lesson learned.

17544.4.1.1. all true too.
by Shep4JC, 10/9/07 15:03 ET
I'm sure they had the very best lawyers.

Someone indicated they suffered some significant fines, I gather that "no contest" was in effect the defense.

17544.5. They were
by Belkin, 10/9/07 20:11 ET
They were all punished! Like one of the other posters stated some lost over 60 days. That adds up to over 15,000 dollars. Could you imagine if your boss tried to do that to you. You would go to the ACLU,NAACP or whoever would listen. Yes they are police officers and should know better, but they are also human. Lets not make such a big deal over something that happened over 5 years ago. They all paid for their bad judgement.

17544.5.1. I noticed that my question as too why
by DeepImpact, 10/9/07 22:50 ET
the video was posted today was never answered . It seems petty or vindictive to post without an explaination and so late after the incident.

dreadstar/89105 (FAB doesn't count , he is a troll)
You all can trash me as much as you want, call me a "Healy" person, afraid of loosing my job, whatever....those statements have zero effect. And, unless you know anything about me and this does not include my "14 months" never, ever assume. I have the right to voice my opinion that it is old news, the same as you have the right to voice yours.

There now, I can say ciao to this thread, best of luck, hope you find whatever it is that gives you peace from the past...but between your pm comments and those on here, you're on you own.

r_pinkowitz out!

No, I just don't care to carry on a battle that is about 111 First and there is more to this then just fighting bad cops.

Sorry, but again 100x, if you're pissed it's not in the papers, take it up with the press! If you're pissed that the punishment wasn't strong enough, take it up with the union and the lawyers! If you want more information file an OPRAH
request, It's not my place to further investigate this.

So, yeah I'm out!

Posted on: 2007/10/11 17:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Ciao Pink! You gave up. Just to hot in the kitchen and after days and days have yet to come up with the 'goods' on these low-life men in uniform. Sad!!! All of your posting efforts down the tubes and still no documented proof. Unreal!!! You remember your early posts to this thread don't you? Come on! Step up to the plate if you know these guys were held accountable. Until then you're just a patsy to everyone here. Your ship sank and your credibility is as weak as your first posts.Quote:

r_pinkowitz wrote:
I posted the facts that I know and that's it. If anyone seeks further information go to the proper resources to get it.

dreadstar/- Nothing is going to bring back 111 First st. What happened over the past few years was terrible, and karma justice has already hit the demolition contractor big time, or don't you read the papers. Hopefully karma will happen to the person(s) who set the fire and also Lloyd Goldman who was and is an all around evil guy..

I can't figure out what are you truly looking for, Justice against police misconduct, justice for 111 First st, maybe a little of both? There is so many agendas, feelings, hurt on this thread that it's all just so many issues all rolled into one. So for that, I'm sidelining it.

You posted you police brutality story, well let me tell you something Mr. "I'm out for truth/justice and to save others" there is a poster or two on this thread that can tell you about abuse first hand.

I checked out the thread on NJO. and folks posted back with even more information.

film says 2001.....Who was mayor then????Who was chief.....This is 6 yr old bullshlt...as someone already posted...they've been disciplined...

here this happened at least 5 years ago and the Officers were severly punished at the time, I know all these guys , I like some of them and others I don't ,but this seems out of line to just post this now. I would like to know what is your agenda or objective in posting this video at this time, did one of them give you a ticket or something. Get a clue then maybe you can get a LIFE !!!

In fact if we could have this conversation face to face I would much perfer that, and no one asked me a question to even dodge, but anyway I believe they received 60 days or more pay reduction each. That roughly comes to about $15000 which is more then the average Nba player fines are for multi millionares. Thx and later I have to go and earn my honest living, just so everyone knows that if I don't respond its because I got to go work.

that's pretty severe, I hope they learned their lesson, more importantly, I hope someone who might do likewise learns it ahead of time.

17544.4.1. perspective
any good lawyer viewing the tape would have the case thrown out.I saw one guy drink a clear liquid out a bottle.Mineral water maybe.Some others had cups in their hands,from a contractors water barrel perhaps.Another chap appeared unsteady on his feet.But this is a construction zone and I'm sure the ground was uneven.

I was always told as a youth, pictures don't lie.Perhaps one of the biggest falsehoods of all. The next time you trip on a crack in the street,lets hope the block captain doesn't prattle it about the neighborhood.

Of course if the officers pleaded no contest after veiwing themselves,then shame on them,and hopefully,a lesson learned.

Someone indicated they suffered some significant fines, I gather that "no contest" was in effect the defense.

17544.5. They were
They were all punished! Like one of the other posters stated some lost over 60 days. That adds up to over 15,000 dollars. Could you imagine if your boss tried to do that to you. You would go to the ACLU,NAACP or whoever would listen. Yes they are police officers and should know better, but they are also human. Lets not make such a big deal over something that happened over 5 years ago. They all paid for their bad judgement.

the video was posted today was never answered . It seems petty or vindictive to post without an explaination and so late after the incident.

You all can trash me as much as you want, call me a "Healy" person, afraid of loosing my job, whatever....those statements have zero effect. And, unless you know anything about me and this does not include my "14 months" never, ever assume. I have the right to voice my opinion that it is old news, the same as you have the right to voice yours.

There now, I can say ciao to this thread, best of luck, hope you find whatever it is that gives you peace from the past...but between your pm comments and those on here, you're on you own.

r_pinkowitz out!

Posted on: 2007/10/11 17:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users

17544.4.1. perspective

17544.5. They were

You all can trash me as much as you want, call me a "Healy" person, afraid of loosing my job, whatever....those statements have zero effect. And, unless you know anything about me and this does not include my "14 months" as a part time aide to the Councilman, or my 2 years in my new position...... never, ever assume! I have the right to voice my opinion that it is old news, the same as you have the right to voice yours.

There, now I can say ciao to this thread, best of luck, hope you find whatever it is that gives you peace from the past...but between your pm comments and those on here, you're on you own.

r_pinkowitz out!

Posted on: 2007/10/11 17:33

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Glad you're not solely relying on JCList for your self-promotion efforts! i wouldn't look at the nj.com message boards if you paid me.

Find me the references in THIS thread on THIS website where I or other posters suggest this thread or any of its posts should be deleted.

The acts depicted in the video are horrible, but as i have said from the start, and as G_Elkind has stated in a very articulate way, to introduce the video clip in such a dishonest way (the subject line of the thread, the 'Gee whiz i just happened to find this news website' ploy) is irresponsible, and it insults the intelligence of people who actually care about important issues.

Instead of speaking about the video in an honest way, you went for the Dateline: To Catch a Predator sh(l)ock value, and people held your feet to the fire for doing do, with good reason.

I personally don't think this video should go away, nor do I have any problem with reopening an investigation if the officers caught on tape were not properly held accountable. I just wish this matter had been presented honestly from the start, without the 'I have an axe to ground about a traffic stop in another jurisdiction and I'm gonna make them all pay for it' attitude.

SefZi OUT.

Posted on: 2007/10/11 17:22

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
sure we are right now but it seems like there is a parallel thread populated by some who post here. and in my orig post i said that the comments to which i referred were on jclist and nj.com. On jclist the calls have been more generally to have the webmaster remove the thread, that the situation is old news,the story was already covered in the press, that the officers were already appropriately punished. All of that seems like an attempt to smoother and dismiss the story. so the words were not spoken but there seemed to be a concerted effort to have people stop looking into and at this .. which to me equates to the same thing.

so lets not be naive and pretend that this conversation is only happening here.
Quote:

GrovePath wrote:
Dread,

I think we are on www.jclist.com

Posted on: 2007/10/11 17:05

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jennymayla wrote:
Quote:

s6kMedia wrote:

BTW - I though that's what these types of lists were for; someone posts something and others provide relevant information. We aren't interested in the opinions of those who say "this is old news." We are only interested in people who provide facts; what were their names?...how long were they on the force?...why don't more long-term JC residents know about this?...ect.

That was your first mistake.

You can't possibly expect to post something so incindiary and not get an equal reaction.

Welcome to JC List.

so i guess it is a case of kill the messenger. thanks for clarifying. fortunately my skin is thick enough to bear the slings. i suggest people point their ire in the right direction: the people in the video and the people who got it and didn't make it public.

Also, pink says these guys were suspended but at least as far as i know drinking in public is a criminal offense. so unless those suspensions are matched with criminal charges for their crimes they still got off. And those charges should have public documentation. I have gotten a ticket for drinking in public in my youthful days and had to go to court losing a day of work, pay a fine etc. I am sure it is in some system publicly somewhere ... right along side my ticket for being a scoff-law ( i am proud of that one.. right up there with being a pirate, although that ticket too came form police malfeasance)

Posted on: 2007/10/11 16:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I hope Councilman Steve Fulop sets the record straight here -- I am sure he knows the details of all this -- and if not him then someone else from the Jersey Journal, the city, or from the police department please post the details of when, where, who!

Quote:

dreadstar wrote:
... I have seen her posts and she and i have pm'd. her statements are far from conclusive IMHO. Not casting aspersions .. i think she believes that what she asserts is true.

Quote:

GrovePath wrote:
R_pinkowitz has pointed out here and on other threads that this happened when L. Harvey Smith was Mayor -- can the poster who actually filmed this from 111 First Street (NOT the first poster on this thread) please jump in here or maybe some other reliable poster could put this issue to rest!

Quote:

GrovePath wrote:

This video is pre-Healy.

Quote:
dreadstar wrote:
i got a dollar that says your wrong!

Posted on: 2007/10/11 16:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Dread,

I think we are on www.jclist.com

Quote:

dreadstar wrote:
Quote:

SefZi wrote:
Glad to see this thread is making as much sense as ever.

"I agree and find the number of posts saying to give the cops a break kind of shocking."

There you go again dreadstar, completely misrepresenting other people's positions and putting words in people's mouths. Find me a single sentence I or anybody has typed that says or even suggests we should "give the cops a break". I've got two whole dollars that says you can't.

per your request from nj.com ...

Posted on: 2007/10/11 16:42

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

SefZi wrote:

"I agree and find the number of posts saying to give the cops a break kind of shocking."

There you go again dreadstar, completely misrepresenting other people's positions and putting words in people's mouths. Find me a single sentence I or anybody has typed that says or even suggests we should "give the cops a break". I've got two whole dollars that says you can't.

per your request from nj.com

by SalMonela, 10/9/07 21:31 ET
The JCFD get kudos for putting out a fire in an empty building by spraying water on the fire, no mention of the JC Fire dept guy that was caught stealing stuff from fire scenes a few months back. Or the FD guy down the shore who was caught setting fires so he could put them out so he could seem to be a hero. But a video alledgedly depicting cops drinking on duty from five years ago is posted and everyone here is ready to punish these guys again and again for something that again HAPPENED FIVE YEARS AGO. No mention of the good job the PD does, cases solved, criminals caught. Ever hear of double jeopardy? The were caught, they were punished, end of story. Guess the saying is true, everyone loves the fire dept, and everyone hates the police dept.

and for the exact quote
17544.2.1.2. You're perfect
by KidBlast42, 10/10/07 17:53 ET
Re: They should all be indicted by JCdirt, 10/10/07
NOT! Everyone expects a cop to be 100% perfect, they human beings like everyone else. They do extraordinary things everyday like it's nothing while the average citizen would shit in their pants. Give the guys a break.

i will expect my $2.. thank you and keep the thread alive sefzi

Posted on: 2007/10/11 16:17

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
i was not aware that pinkowitz was the encyclopedia brittanica. I have seen her posts and she and i have pm'd. her statements are far from conclusive IMHO. Not casting aspersions .. i think she believes that what she asserts is true.

Posted on: 2007/10/11 16:11

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2007/10/11 16:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
R_pinkowitz also said all this mumbo-jumbo and still days and days later has not given this forum any documented proof any any publication. ZERO ZIP NADA. Check these below quotes R.P wrote early on in the thread........Seems they either knew something or wanted this thread to die real fast.

"The video is not new, it happened about 3- 4 years ago during the Cunningham or Smith administration. This was near 111 First st.. The cops involved were severely disciplined. They were transfered, demoted, and/or suspended."

Also -

"60 and 90 day suspensions (not paid) is not a slap on the wrist...."

So why would we even believe anything that comes form R.P's gob?

I suspect the person who did record this wants their identity hidden real good.Quote:

GrovePath wrote:
R_pinkowitz has pointed out here and on other threads that this happened when L. Harvey Smith was Mayor -- can the poster who actually filmed this from 111 First Street (NOT the first poster on this thread) please jump in here or maybe some other reliable poster could put this issue to rest!

Quote:

GrovePath on 2007/10/11 10:27:15

This video is pre-Healy.

Quote:

dreadstar wrote:

Posted on: 2007/10/11 16:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Quote:

GrovePath on 2007/10/11 10:27:15

This video is pre-Healy.

Quote:

dreadstar wrote:

Posted on: 2007/10/11 15:56

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password: