Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
71 user(s) are online (66 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 71

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 »

Re: Are Cops drinking on duty in JC? you have to see this video!!!
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2007/11/6 1:44
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

greenville wrote:
Hey can cops get in trouble for traffic violations, such as not stopping at a stop signs, falling to yield, and turning on red? Or they can do as they please?

they should. but i think the best strategy is copious video and audio recording of public situations at a safe distance. Government bureaucracy is one thing public outrage is another. Maybe a gallery here of the collected photos or vid of police/government overreach and abuse of power. Personally, i want police to feel like it is they who are constantly under scrutiny not the citizens for whom they work.

Posted on: 2007/10/9 16:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/7 20:21
Group:
Registered Users
Hey can cops get in trouble for traffic violations, such as not stopping at a stop signs, falling to yield, and turning on red? Or they can do as they please?

Posted on: 2007/10/9 15:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/29 4:06
Group:
Banned
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:

Guess what I'll be doing if one of those cops pulls me up on my 'hog'? Absolutely nothing - I wont flee or mouth-off, BUT l will demand his supervisor be called immediately to make any requests from me........Those ass-wipes should not be working for the JCPD.

a) Just making the supervisor call request could get you pinned to the ground. (I think the guy I know who got pinned said something along those lines right before he got pinned.) I think the best thing is to have a concealed cell phone with a good built-in audio recorder and to turn it on as soon as you encounter the police. (Do as I say, not as I do: I would never remember to do this myself till it was too late.)

b) I think our police force has such a severe problem with this sort of thing -- to the extent that mild-mannered, middle-income people who rarely even jaywalk all have police dickhead anecdotes they can share -- because the city works so hard to hire local candidates.

On the one hand, that's a very decent thing to do, and it helps give the city some personality.

But the problem with this approach is that Jersey City is a city of ferociously tough pecking orders.

If Jersey City wants to have normal police, instead of police who go around pinning fine, upstanding, gainfully employed voters to the sidewalk left and right, then the city has to go way, way out of its way to show new officers that you can exude natural authority without ALWAYS acting like a macho thug.

Ideas: Send all police academy students to some kind of special two-week seminar on the campus of Vassar or Sarah Lawrence; make the police academy students and new officers play on a team in a women's softball, basketball or volleyball league; or make the academy students and new officers go play with toddlers at a daycare center at least once a week.

In other words: do anything to help the academy students meet mellow, not-so-rigidly hierarchical people, and maybe to put them in situations (where they're giving piggyback rides to 2-year-olds, for example) in which they have to ease off on defending their place in the pecking order.

Posted on: 2007/10/9 15:32

Registered Lobbyist?
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/10/29 16:00
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
No agenda?

Looks like you really don't care about the issue and are just more interested in promoting your company commercially.

I'm sorry to say that this thread demonstrates no serious interest in addressing the issues of off-duty police work policies and drinking while in uniform.

This is a case of wind 'em up and watch what happens. This is what professional smear looks like folks, and you just don't get it.

JCListers, it's time to open your eyes.

Webmaster, these folks are making a mockery of your policies.

Ciao

[quote]Our goal is to bring a fresh-minded, economically pragmatic perspective to campaigns with a focus on strategic consultation, Internet services and grass-roots street team promotional consultation / support. We also offer a variety of additional services designed to help you with your campaign.

Posted on: 2007/10/9 15:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Mathias wrote:
I agree the post is relevant even if it happened a few years ago and I thank those who have posted it.

Maybe it would be a non-issue if we were not reading about police misconduct (with 2 incidents involving alcohol in the past year) all the time in the local press.

It is also important for citizens of this city to know what happened to the officers involved in this video and that may shed some light as to why Jersey City seems to have a high number of incidents of police misconduct relative to the size of the force.

Exactly, 100% correct.

You learn from history, it gives the public an opportunity to review and see change and corrupt practises corrected to help reestablish trust and respect which the JCPD is lacking.

Guess what I'll be doing if one of those cops pulls me up on my 'hog'? Absolutely nothing - I wont flee or mouth-off, BUT l will demand his supervisor be called immediately to make any requests from me........Those ass-wipes should not be working for the JCPD.

Maybe a lawyer can tell us how their (cops on tape) credibility would hold up in a court case if the Judge was to be shown the tape in a trial, where honesty or an ethical judgement was needed between a defendant and one of those cops?

Posted on: 2007/10/9 14:48
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/29 4:06
Group:
Banned
Quote:

DanL wrote:
Our police officers were rented out - armed and in uniform for the purpose of intimidating residents of Jersey City. A relevant issue from this that remains today is whether our police officers should be working for private interests while in uniform.

This summer, a utility company had two guys doing work in a manhole on Jersey Avenue. It was a hot day.

The off-duty officer who was supposed to be protecting the guys in the manhole was sitting in his car, jabbering on a cell phone. Instead of parking the car behind the manhole, where he could protect the workers, he parked it across the street, under some trees, so it would stay cool.

Apparently, there weren't even any orange cones warning motorists that the workers were in the manhole.

When someone I know told the officer (quite possibly in a rude way) that he ought to be protecting the workers in the manhole, the officer pinned him to the ground as if he were a serial killer.

And, of course, we all know about the police officer's son (!) who got beaten up by the police after he called the police.

Now it sounds as if the guy in the Heights who called the police about the stoop sale had the good sense to tape what happened and, if nothing else, can supply us with a recent recording of disturbing JC police activity.

I know there are good officers in town. I saw what I think were two really good, smart, polite, vigilant officers protecting a synagogue on Yom Kippur. But I think Jersey City has too many officers who have a chip on their shoulder and think we civilians are being so mean and unfair to them, when in fact we're hostile toward them because a significant number of them act like jerks.

So, if there are problems with the posting of the video or the context provided by the people who posted it, well, that's a shame, but I think plenty of us here could be posting more recent videos of other disturbing incidents if we simply had been running a video camera every time we encountered the police.

Posted on: 2007/10/9 14:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/22 9:03
From The Heights
Group:
Registered Users
I agree the post is relevant even if it happened a few years ago and I thank those who have posted it.

Maybe it would be a non-issue if we were not reading about police misconduct (with 2 incidents involving alcohol in the past year) all the time in the local press.

It is also important for citizens of this city to know what happened to the officers involved in this video and that may shed some light as to why Jersey City seems to have a high number of incidents of police misconduct relative to the size of the force.

Posted on: 2007/10/9 14:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/7/30 1:08
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
This incident was not covered by the press nor was any resolution. Robin has confirmed that the incident or a similar one occurred, though not the actual video.

The incident raises serious issues and fear with me.

Our police officers were rented out - armed and in uniform for the purpose of intimidating residents of Jersey City. A relevant issue from this that remains today is whether our police officers should be working for private interests while in uniform.

This incident was part of a larger situation where the city failed to perform one of its primary functions which is to protect individual residents. Both the city and property owner permitted and encouraged the illegal residency of 111 First St. for more than a decade. When policy changed, one might see that the city abdicated its responsibility to the residents and left them to be victims of intimidation, vandalism, theft and arson much of this occurring under the watch of police officers in uniform, in private employ on the site.

Anyone that has spent time working with our police department comes to know that we have many excellent police officers and truly good people there. However, what I believe important is that both - problems are dealt with swiftly and fairly and that blurry situations such as permitting private interests from hiring and utilizing our police officer for their own interests are prevented.

Thank you for posting this.

Posted on: 2007/10/9 13:30

Re: Irresponsible Posting

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/3/7 12:08
Group:
Registered Users
How is this an irresponsible post? Just as photos in Iraq, which were taken well before anyone in the American public realized what we were paying for or the COINTELPRO documents which surfaced well over a decade after some of the events happened, s6k Media only wanted to put the video out in the public. I can't stress that enough. If everyone were to follow your concept of "journalism," Loose Change [and subsequent versions] should have never been created. Martin Luther King Jr's murder wasn't solved, in court, until 1999, over 30 years after.

When s6k posts to anything, we present additional information by supplying the direct information [relevant links, documents] in question, not only our opinions and say "I wrote it so believe what we say.".

BTW - We work with block associations to make them more responsive to the community...We created a sexual harassment program that has addressed those issues in NYC...We work to supply resources to many organizations to help them with creating better strategy...We produce educational documentaries that are being featured in festivals around the world and have sold thousands of them internationally. Plainly stated, we don't need anyone telling us that there are more relevant current issues. We spend OUR OWN money to work with orgs that couldn't afford it otherwise. We put our money and lives were our hearts, minds and mouths are. It's things like this that make my choice of moving out of NJ the best life-change I could have made.

Also, could you inform this thread with the current community works you personally are responsible for? If not, you really do not have anyone by anything.

That said, for those who've turned this into an argument, seemingly because they've nothing better to do, with all the posts you blessed us with, none actually answers the core questions. As previously mentioned, vague tips, which have been contradicted by other posts, aren't facts.

Before you decide to post again, please provide us with a link to any news story that features this issue and states the outcome. At that point, we'll add it to the posting on our site, for the many people who hadn't known about it prior and we'll continue to do EVERYTHING ELSE we do.

As for the other things that are more important, your tone certainly doesn't sound like someone who works to motivate anyone. It just seems that you ride the keys, looking for an argument to jump into. You can type until your blue in the fingers, but until you provide the requested information, we'll refrain from further feeding your digital tavern argument.

In peace and service,
s6k Media / s6k.com

Posted on: 2007/10/9 13:09

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Someone had said that s6k Media didn't have the right to sell the video. We had no intention of selling the video. As a matter of fact, the intent was to make sure that the raw video was sent to the right people who seemed interested...at our cost. No money was ever mentioned or inferred.

Hopefully that can put that part of things to rest.

Posted on: 2007/10/9 12:18

Re: Irresponsible Posting
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/2 19:00
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
I'm not trying to downplay or tell someone they shouldn't be angry or outraged. I just gave as much facts as I know, and anything else should be asked by the media company running the video to the city. If I say it's "non issue", I say that because there is so many current issues in our society that really do need to be exposed. I just feel that since the people in this video were brought up on charges and it wasn't swept on the rug, it's an old incident. If this was current incident, or the cops involved are in trouble with something that happened recently I would've never replied and let karma take it's course.

Posted on: 2007/10/9 11:22

Irresponsible Posting
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/10/29 16:00
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Posting a video with full knowledge that the event in question took place several years ago is a prime example of not just irresponsible posting, but a severe lack of media and personal ethics.

Knowing it was old news, but presenting it as if had occurred in the near present is just plain wrong, irresponsible journalism - if that's what you are pretending to engage in - and a misuse of this site. This is nothing other than "smear" journalism.

The serious issues raised by the video could have presented honestly, responsibly, and discussed in its proper context, but you clearly choose not to -- diminishing any discussion as to whether policies and procedures have been changed or not as a result of the incident.

Only when called out with the facts (that you have failed to acknowledge or trouble yourself researching or disclosing) did you folks admit that it was old news... then you try to turn the tables with that phony feigned surprise that there's something wrong with people who are angry at your presentation of old - but undisclosed as such - news.

Pinkowitz has you folks by the shorthairs.

Keep up the good work Pinkowitz!

G

Posted on: 2007/10/9 7:34

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
there is no issue. when i saw the video s6kmedia and i communicated and i felt jclist would be one of the best ways to get this information out.

i have been actually looking into the comments from pink but have hardly had time to contact the press secretary. but honestly, press secretaries aren't where i generally go for truth (see the white house).

i dont see anything saying the video is for sale so i dont know where that even came up as an issue.

Posted on: 2007/10/9 7:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

s6kMedia wrote:
Hello,
I am the creator of s6k Media. Dreadstar and I had the intent of getting the word out to people who had't known about this video, which there seem to be many. As for the "half-assed" comment, I simply say that growing up in NJ, born in the 60's, I've had my fill of angry people with no facts behind their empty words. I had no idea that people would get angry for us posting it.

We weren't trying to get people to do our research for us. We were hoping that someone might have the other pieces to the puzzle.
BTW - I though that's what these types of lists were for; someone posts something and others provide relevant information. We aren't interested in the opinions of those who say "this is old news." We are only interested in people
who provide facts; what were their names?...how long were they on the force?...why don't more long-term JC residents know about this?...ect.

In the video we clearly asked; if they were cops...are they still on the force...and could someone else look into this? We were expecting that we could honor the brave person or people responsible for the creation of the video by distributing it through our channels. We had no hidden agenda.

As for the "terror" title...it's an opening sequence that was created for ALL of our new s6k:I videos...not just this one. We also feature Michael Ruppert, famous 9/11 researcher & "Terror Timeline" originator and 1978 whistleblower. Should we have ignored him since he busted the CIA allowing cocaine into LA nearly 30 years ago? Just so you know, we have another video to be released that discusses past and present racism in NJ hospitals. Our source might mention something that happened years ago. You can rest happy because it's not a hospital in JC, so it won't appear here...because we happily follow the rules of JClist.

If you have information that the interested people here can see [and be able to independently verify] what happened and see that justice was truly served...THEN LET'S SEE IT.

And lastly, why are some of you seeming so angry about us posting it? Old news is certainly nothing to get in a huff about. Should everyone clear their posts with YOU to make sure they aren't discussing things YOU already "know" about or have read? Your tone from the very start seemed hostile. You took to slandering Dreadstar and myself without providing anything that others could validate, which is your burden since you decided to enter this thread with a contrary "this isn't worthy because it has already been covered" vibe. Since one of you is an "old-timer" here, since September, the fact of this being my first post will make me a target of your rage I'm sure. You should definitely read #5 in the rules of JClist because you've been neither.

The original post that started this thread by Dreadstar:

Quote:

Dreadstar wrote:
i came across this video on a would-be underground news site. But for the life of me it looks authentic and it looks like bay st or maybe First st. Drunk Cops in JC?

These guys have uniforms and guns and are clearly hammered! the cameraman even caught a license plate.

Tell me what you think!

So, he/she asked, I answered... I gave you the time line, who was in office, police chief,and the outcome. I would assume you called or wrote to the Press Secretary or the Director of Communications for Jersey City and asked them, if you did what was the response when you contacted them?

Also,

Quote:

freedom wrote:
Yes, this was during the 111 1st st lockdown
and is only part of the video. The website posting
this video DOES NOT have permission from the auther
to sell and profit from the sale of DVDs.

what's up with the above post, has this issue been resolved?

Posted on: 2007/10/9 6:02

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Hello,
I am the creator of s6k Media. Dreadstar and I had the intent of getting the word out to people who had't known about this video, which there seem to be many. As for the "half-assed" comment, I simply say that growing up in NJ, born in the 60's, I've had my fill of angry people with no facts behind their empty words. I had no idea that people would get angry for us posting it.

We weren't trying to get people to do our research for us. We were hoping that someone might have the other pieces to the puzzle.

BTW - I though that's what these types of lists were for; someone posts something and others provide relevant information. We aren't interested in the opinions of those who say "this is old news." We are only interested in people who provide facts; what were their names?...how long were they on the force?...why don't more long-term JC residents know about this?...ect.

In the video we clearly asked; if they were cops...are they still on the force...and could someone else look into this? We were expecting that we could honor the brave person or people responsible for the creation of the video by distributing it through our channels. We had no hidden agenda.

As for the "terror" title...it's an opening sequence that was created for ALL of our new s6k:I videos...not just this one. We also feature Michael Ruppert, famous 9/11 researcher & "Terror Timeline" originator and 1978 whistleblower. Should we have ignored him since he busted the CIA allowing cocaine into LA nearly 30 years ago? Just so you know, we have another video to be released that discusses past and present racism in NJ hospitals. Our source might mention something that happened years ago. You can rest happy because it's not a hospital in JC, so it won't appear here...because we happily follow the rules of JClist.

If you have information that the interested people here can see [and be able to independently verify] what happened and see that justice was truly served...THEN LET'S SEE IT.

And lastly, why are some of you seeming so angry about us posting it? Old news is certainly nothing to get in a huff about. Should everyone clear their posts with YOU to make sure they aren't discussing things YOU already "know" about or have read? Your tone from the very start seemed hostile. You took to slandering Dreadstar and myself without providing anything that others could validate, which is your burden since you decided to enter this thread with a contrary "this isn't worthy because it has already been covered" vibe. Since one of you is an "old-timer" here, since September, the fact of this being my first post will make me a target of your rage I'm sure. You should definitely read #5 in the rules of JClist because you've been neither.

Posted on: 2007/10/9 5:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From The Heights
Group:
Registered Users
I've been searching the long-term archives and have been unable to find anything about this incident. Does anyone have more details, specific dates this would have been in the news. In my search this is all I come up with (I searched from 2000 onward, just a few quick searches):

2007/05/16

MICHAELANGELO CONTE, JOURNAL STAFF WRITER A highly decorated Jersey City police officer was found drinking a beer in his marked patrol car yesterday afternoon and was issued a summons and allowed to go on paid leave, officials said. Charles Casserly, 53, was found drinking while on duty early yesterday afternoon by Internal Affairs officers who got a tip, said city spokesman Stan H. Eason. The 28-year veteran of the department was issued a summons for driving with an...

Posted on: 2007/10/9 2:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Where can I get a job as a press secretary for a City Mayor - I'd love to handle damage control issues and have my finger on the pulse of all things within the community.

Hey freedom, hand the tape to me and I'll give it to a buddy in NY who has some righteous dudes in the media. I wouldn't give this to local media outlets, just incase they do deals with City Hall..........Send a full version to Corzine and see what happens?

I've lived and worked JC more years then I can remember, and I've only heard a vague rumour about this.

Posted on: 2007/10/9 2:32
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

freedom wrote:
Quote:

r_pinkowitz wrote:
The video is not new, it happened about 3- 4 years ago during the Cunningham or Smith administration. This was near 111 First st.. The cops involved were severely disciplined. They were transfered, demoted, and/or suspended.

It was a total disgrace and I don\'t recall all the details but I\'m glad it wasn\'t swept under the rug.

Hey Pink! just curious, how do you know the cops were disciplined? just so ya know i was a tenant at 111.
I know the auther of this video. this happened just
after healy became mayor. Healy was shown this video
and as far as i know nothing was done or we (the tennants
of 111) would of heard about it for sure. again the reason
this never got to press was because the auther of the
video and the tennants feared for our lives NO JOKE!!!!! The demo crew wanted us dead. Just thinking about how wrong everything was is pissing me off all over again.
Mabey its time to take the original full length video to the press.

Maybe there was more than 1 person who was filming what happened. I don't know, nor do I want to know who filmed it and who received it. That is none of my business, I'm just glad action was taken.

Freedom many moons ago, you told us about this, that's how I know, I believed what you said, you were angry but sincere. You said things that only someone involved in 111 would've known. I was never able to tell you the outcome because you have the PM feature disabled.

Posted on: 2007/10/9 2:13

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/3/19 20:14
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

r_pinkowitz wrote:
The video is not new, it happened about 3- 4 years ago during the Cunningham or Smith administration. This was near 111 First st.. The cops involved were severely disciplined. They were transfered, demoted, and/or suspended.

It was a total disgrace and I don\'t recall all the details but I\'m glad it wasn\'t swept under the rug.

Hey Pink! just curious, how did you find out the cops were disciplined? just so ya know i was a tenant at 111.
I know the auther of this video. this happened just
after Healy became mayor. Healy was shown this video
and as far as i know nothing was done or we (the tennants
of 111) would of heard about it for sure. again the reason
this never got to press was because the auther of the
video and the tennants feared for our lives NO JOKE!!!!! The demo crew wanted us dead. Just thinking about how wrong everything was is pissing me off all over again.
Mabey its time to take the original full length video to the press.

Posted on: 2007/10/9 2:07

Edited by freedom on 2007/10/9 2:28:26

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Am I misreading the system or did you yourself just register in September and have only posted under 20 posts (most in this thread)? i saw something with what to me is local relevance and wanted local people to read it. So i posted it hear. I am not a journalist. i hope that a real journalist would have his/her interest piqued by the video and would do the investigative work to get the full facts. to me there is plenty of information in the video to follow-up. if one knows about jc one knows that jclist is probably the most read site about jc.. so there is nothing mysterious: I want this to be investigated if only to verify that it is not some new incident, how it was handled, and how aware was the public made about the situation. This is not a story about britney spears or three headed babies. it is video of men who are either cops or impersonating cops drinking in from open containers in public with what looks like guns. I think that is a crime either way.

Posted on: 2007/10/9 2:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Mathias wrote:
When I was a union representative that handled worker grievances drinking on the job was almost always a terminable offense (it was rare that there were mitigating circumstances). In fact workers (this was at a retail distribution center) were disciplined on a number of occasions for actions they took while not clocked in.

A 60-90 day suspension seems to be a light punishment for what appears to be happening in the video. Regardless that these guys were working on a private detail they had police uniforms on, were carrying weapons and the driver seemed to be one of the ones drinking too.

Again, when you see this type of brazenness it usually means there are institutional and cultural factors which engender it.

Maybe a tougher attitude towards drunkenness & alcohol abuse could have saved the baby and mother who was killed by the drunk off-duty officer not so long ago.

I don't disagree, possibly that is something that someone should address with the state review board.

Posted on: 2007/10/9 1:58

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2007/12/30 20:15
Group:
Banned
I heard from an internet friend of a friend that these cops decapitated a dachshund in Hamilton Park a few weeks ago. The video should be released sometime in 2012.

Posted on: 2007/10/9 1:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dreadstar wrote:
Quote:

r_pinkowitz wrote:
Quote:

dreadstar wrote:
Quote:

SefZi wrote:
Haha i'll make sure i pore through my extensive archive of back issues of the Jersey Journal for you! They're catalogued in my massive vault haha.

It's funny how the first-time poster person who started this thread by posting a video that doesn't even provide its viewers with a specific date is calling upon other people to do his research for him.

Nobody is saying that people shouldn't be aware that this happened. But people should be aware of the context it happened in, and shouldn't be misled by sensationalists who couldn't be bothered to investigate before crying wolf.

i did not create this video nor did i say when this happened. if you read my opening i admit that i was not even absolutely sure it was video of real police. the site says clearly that it occurred in the early 2000s .

i know that i have not heard about this incident getting the coverage it woudl seeme to deserve in my opinion and neither did any of the people i know downtown including several who studiously follow the JC political scene and even the journalists whom i asked.

you are the one who makes statements in absolute certainty. You are CERTAIN that this occurred under a previosu administration. You are CERTAIN that the police officers were punished. You are CERTAIN that is was already covered in the Journal. Whereas i am asking questions. i would assume you either have some incredble memory or documentation. Until you can back up your statement your are just talking.

It would seem that your logic would say that the Chicago prison torture scandal was a moot point because much of it occurred under people who were no longer in office or on the force.

Since your original profile had your website and company, I know you're very internet savvy.Go on to the States merit review board and search the decisions.

They were disciplined for official misconduct and other related charges because, they did this in uniform, on a off duty detail. The Police Chief in charge was Ron Buonocore, who was later replaced by Chief Troy and the hearings, final determinations and disciplinary actions took place under The video was given to a high ranking official who immediately turned it over to internal affairs. Obviously I.A. didn't cover it up since the people involved were formally charged.

if what you say is this particular incident great. Was it covered in the popular press? i simply do not recall hearing about it or seeing it. And personally for actions like this, the individuals should have been castigated publicly. Because "innocent till proven guilty" aside, if these are police officers then likelihood that this was the first time they had done something like this is very unlikely ( with the exclusion perhaps of the one cop who was hesitant and seemed to decline) and speaks to a mindset and given that it was not a single officer an entire culture of the "gang in blue". I am explicitly going to say that i do not think all cops are guilty of this. but we all know how persuasive peer pressure can be and it can only be more so when people have one another's lives in their hands. but i have have personally been on the sharp end of police officers lying to back up one another on a bogus traffic stop under oath to a judge. So perhaps when they are caught with their hands in the cookie jar i think they should be held to an even higher standard.

You say that you were on the receiving end of a bogus stop, what was the outcome? If you didn't back down and it went as far as federal court since you say it was a bogus stop, and that would be violation your civil rights under the US constitution you would know that all formal charges and determinations become part of their permanent record.

Look, I saw your blog and know what you do and yes, when there is injustice people need to expose it. But, this issue is old news. What more do you want, they went before the state merit board, charges were filed, they didn't contest it and they each received different punishments as I stated in a prior post.
Anyone who has been on the receiving end of some sort of police misconduct deals with it in different ways. I for one have learned that the good out way the bad and good cops hate bad cops. If fighting police brutality/ misconduct is your cause, more power to you, IMO, and this is coming from someone who can say: been there done it.... this is just not one of them.

Posted on: 2007/10/9 1:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From The Heights
Group:
Registered Users
When I was a union representative that handled worker grievances drinking on the job was almost always a terminable offense (it was rare that there were mitigating circumstances). In fact workers (this was at a retail distribution center) were disciplined on a number of occasions for actions they took while not clocked in.

A 60-90 day suspension seems to be a light punishment for what appears to be happening in the video. Regardless that these guys were working on a private detail they had police uniforms on, were carrying weapons and the driver seemed to be one of the ones drinking too.

Again, when you see this type of brazenness it usually means there are institutional and cultural factors which engender it.

Maybe a tougher attitude towards drunkenness & alcohol abuse could have saved the baby and mother who was killed by the drunk off-duty officer not so long ago.

Posted on: 2007/10/9 1:53

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
also it doesnt take much skill to see that most of the people i have seen so far on here have their profiles hidden. and frankly, given the topic i am a bit concerned with police or even city blowback. A sad but practical commentary on free speech.

Posted on: 2007/10/9 1:45

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

r_pinkowitz wrote:
Quote:

dreadstar wrote:
Quote:

SefZi wrote:
Haha i'll make sure i pore through my extensive archive of back issues of the Jersey Journal for you! They're catalogued in my massive vault haha.

It's funny how the first-time poster person who started this thread by posting a video that doesn't even provide its viewers with a specific date is calling upon other people to do his research for him.

Nobody is saying that people shouldn't be aware that this happened. But people should be aware of the context it happened in, and shouldn't be misled by sensationalists who couldn't be bothered to investigate before crying wolf.

i did not create this video nor did i say when this happened. if you read my opening i admit that i was not even absolutely sure it was video of real police. the site says clearly that it occurred in the early 2000s .

i know that i have not heard about this incident getting the coverage it woudl seeme to deserve in my opinion and neither did any of the people i know downtown including several who studiously follow the JC political scene and even the journalists whom i asked.

you are the one who makes statements in absolute certainty. You are CERTAIN that this occurred under a previosu administration. You are CERTAIN that the police officers were punished. You are CERTAIN that is was already covered in the Journal. Whereas i am asking questions. i would assume you either have some incredble memory or documentation. Until you can back up your statement your are just talking.

It would seem that your logic would say that the Chicago prison torture scandal was a moot point because much of it occurred under people who were no longer in office or on the force.

Since your original profile had your website and company, I know you're very internet savvy.Go on to the States merit review board and search the decisions.

They were disciplined for official misconduct and other related charges because, they did this in uniform, on a off duty detail. The Police Chief in charge was Ron Buonocore, who was later replaced by Chief Troy and the hearings, final determinations and disciplinary actions took place under The video was given to a high ranking official who immediately turned it over to internal affairs. Obviously I.A. didn't cover it up since the people involved were formally charged.

if what you say is this particular incident great. Was it covered in the popular press? i simply do not recall hearing about it or seeing it. And personally for actions like this, the individuals should have been castigated publicly. Because "innocent till proven guilty" aside, if these are police officers then likelihood that this was the first time they had done something like this is very unlikely ( with the exclusion perhaps of the one cop who was hesitant and seemed to decline) and speaks to a mindset and given that it was not a single officer an entire culture of the "gang in blue". I am explicitly going to say that i do not think all cops are guilty of this. but we all know how persuasive peer pressure can be and it can only be more so when people have one another's lives in their hands. but i have have personally been on the sharp end of police officers lying to back up one another on a bogus traffic stop under oath to a judge. So perhaps when they are caught with their hands in the cookie jar i think they should be held to an even higher standard.

Posted on: 2007/10/9 1:36

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
"And your vehemence makes me wonder if you work for the the administration or the police department."

Haha nice post-edit. I don't know a single cop, let alone anybody involved in city government.

Because entitling this thread "*Are* Cops drinking on duty in JC?" when even the half-assed journalists who put together that website admit the video is from the early 2000's sounds like somebody who is agenda-free and primarily concerned with the "truth" and not with sensationalism.

Posted on: 2007/10/9 1:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dreadstar wrote:
Quote:

SefZi wrote:

Posted on: 2007/10/9 1:14

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Good job trying to put words in my mouth. Show me anywhere in my posts where I use the word "CERTAIN" - I remember an incident back several years, that I read about in the Jersey Journal. Your tinfoil hat might be on too tightly.

Of any of the contributors to this website that I have watched, r_pinkowitz has more credibility than anybody when it comes to matters involving JC government and law enforcement, and I am relying on her account posted in this thread as to the date, combined with the way I remember the police misconduct being reported.

Don't confuse my posts with hers, but I'm more than happy to take her word of yours, Mr. First-Post-Sensational-Man.

Posted on: 2007/10/9 1:11

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/3/19 20:14
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

SefZi wrote:
Dreadstar, how long have you lived in Jersey City? Just because you didn't know that it happened doesn't mean there was a conspiracy to cover it up.

The video footage was covered in the local press, i remember reading about it in the Jersey Journal at the time, and being outraged by it. It took place under a prior mayor and under a prior police chief. What exactly would you like to be done about it, now four years (or more) later?

WRONG! WRONG! WRONG! get the facts before you speak!

Posted on: 2007/10/9 1:06

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017