Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
142 user(s) are online (119 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 142

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Healy: Wolf pack collared
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/11/5 23:00
Group:
Registered Users
BINKY...

LOL.

Thanks for posting that video. That's one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time. It's so messed up though, these kids are out of their minds..

I love how original that dude thinks he is...Wait a rapper, with a crappy beatbox, and a clothing line. What a pioneer!

Posted on: 2007/9/21 16:02

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/10/17 23:54
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks for showing their menacing requests for demos from rock groups and their promotion of their watch line.

How are we going to walk the streets with this angry mob of budding music entrepreneurs on the streets. If you look on this kids .MySpace Page he even says:

"I hung out with the drug dealers, and real dudes everyone in the hood does, and I was a loose cannon myself, but I understood the fate the real dudes suffered and I didn?t want that outcome out of life."

Way to paint people with a broad brush..

Posted on: 2007/9/21 11:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/20 2:33
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
brian_em wrote: Besides the fact of these coward wannbe thugs beating up on old people. Besides the juvenille crime in JC, The fact that these kids were beating people up on film to post on youtube just illustrates an even bigger psychological problem with teenagers today.... Would those kids in JC have attacked those people if there was no youtube or livevideo?

Posted on: 2007/9/21 11:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/10/15 11:49
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

GrovePath wrote:

Does anyone else wonder if with the Jena 6 case -- if these crime videos will end up getting a lot of national exposure.

I'm wondering what connection you see between this and the Jena 6 - care to explain?

Posted on: 2007/9/21 4:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/11/5 23:00
Group:
Registered Users
Besides the fact of these coward wannbe thugs beating up on old people. Besides the juvenille crime in JC, The fact that these kids were beating people up on film to post on youtube just illustrates an even bigger psychological problem with teenagers today. Another case in the news, though not as harmfull, but still alarming, is that jackass in FLA who started a scene at the jonn kerry discussion. He instigated his own arrest just to get it on film and make a name for himself. Why are kids doing things like this? Why are kids so obsessed with being famous that they will go through these lengths to get attention?

Would those kids in JC have attacked those people if there was no youtube or livevideo?

Posted on: 2007/9/21 4:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/21 20:29
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JSalt wrote:
I know this is going to sound funny, but I apologize to both Kitten and Jangie. You're right, I've been unreasonably condescending and insulting and it was uncalled for.

Thanks JSalt. That was very kind.

Kitten

Posted on: 2007/9/21 3:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
It might be nice to know where these kids live and who their parents are. It would also be nice to know if a minor is a repeat offender and whether they received some kind of help, did some kind of punishment or were just let off. I think names would help -- but only in cases where the crime justifies it -- I do think kids need to be given lots of chances unless the crime is heinous.

Does anyone else wonder if with the Jena 6 case -- if these crime videos will end up getting a lot of national exposure.

Posted on: 2007/9/21 1:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/18 19:17
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
agreed.
plus, these darlings were videotaping the attacks for posterity. posting their names in the paper would just hand that to them.

Posted on: 2007/9/21 1:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
Can someone please help explain something to me - perhaps point out what I'm missing here?

How is supplying the public with the names of teenage thugs going to "help" the community and "punish" the offender? Is this supposed to deter our city's youth from continuing to roam in wolf packs and brutalize innocent civilians? Healy seems to be touting this as a powerful solution of some kind - an effort worth his focus and the focus of legislators.

I have been told that juvie street dealers in JC know EXACTLY how many vials of crack they can be caught with without fear of major prosecution. So if you deal drugs in our fair city, and are a kid, you'll probably be let off pretty easily. The kids in our city already know what they can get away with - a lot - without punishment. Yup, but if little Johnny gets his name in the JJ, he's going to think twice?
And if I know Johnny's name and what he looks like, I'm going to be better prepared - to do what?

The problems run so much deeper and require far more than a BandAid like this.

Posted on: 2007/9/21 1:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/8/5 3:20
From Jersey City Heights
Group:
Registered Users
from wnbc.com

Police: N.J. Teen Gang Taped Beatings For Web Video
JERSEY CITY, N.J. -- Police say they have captured a gang of teenagers accused of beating at least four random victims to make a video they planned to post in the Internet.

The youthful suspects, an 18-year-old and four younger teens, prompted Mayor Jerramiah T. Healy to announce he would seek state legislation allowing the names of juveniles charged with violent crimes to be made public.

"We must remove the cloak of anonymity from these street thugs who prey on innocent people and have no regard for human life," Healy said in a statement issued Wednesday.

The matter was reported in Thursday's editions of The Jersey Journal of Jersey City.

"These juveniles found pleasure in their attack, which they filmed and carried out for the sole purpose of creating a widespread audience on the Internet," Police Chief Thomas Comey said in a statement.

The victims included a 60-year-old man, whose attack on Aug. 25 led to the arrests Sept. 6 of Jerrik Taylor, 18, of New York, a 17-year-old boy, a 17-year-old girl, and 16-year-old boy, and a 13-year-old boy. The man was hospitalized.

Prosecutors may seek to have some tried as adults.

Police said a tip allowed them to recover a video that showed some beatings, including one in which a woman was chased through a park and had an arm broken.

Investigators are checking if the group was responsible for two other assaults. The string of attacks began May 21, Comey said.

videotape their gang beatings of innocents... i've said it before... KILL THEM ALL. kill them all. take away their parents welfare checks. f*cking scumbags.

Posted on: 2007/9/20 21:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I know this is going to sound funny, but I apologize to both Kitten and Jangie. You're right, I've been unreasonably condescending and insulting and it was uncalled for.

Anyway, I heard Sean Hannity (not by choice!) mention this, so it seems to be attracting attention.

Posted on: 2007/9/20 14:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 14:18
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users
News12:

Arrests made in string of random, vicious beatings

(09/19/07) JERSEY CITY - Detectives say they have caught five people responsible for a string of random, vicious beatings in Jersey City.

Police say there were four attacks in the early morning hours of August 25. All of the attacks were within blocks of each other over three hours in the Bergen-Lafayette section. Authorities also say the suspects videotaped the attacks, but two of the incidents were never reported to police.

Authorities arrested 18-year-old Jerrik Taylor, of Harlem, and five juveniles. All of the suspects are from Jersey City and New York. Police say the juveniles could be tried as adults.

Video: http://news12.cv.net/video/DN919BTT.wmv
Link: http://www.news12.com/NJ/topstories/article?id=200348#

---------------------------------------------------------------------

1010Wins:

Jersey City Mayor Set His Sights on 'Wilding' Teens

NEW YORK (1010 WINS) -- The mayor of Jersey City is calling for tougher laws Wednesday against juvenile offenders as he describes the recent busting of what authorities say was a group of teens who committed a series of thrill attacks on local residents.

Police say a group of 13-18-year-olds preyed on defenseless Jersey City residents and attacked them in a "wilding" ganglike fashion and videotaped the beatings to post online. These are the same teens who were previously arrested in connection with the unprovoked beating of an elderly man, authorities said.

"What I saw on that video disturbed me greatly," said police chief Tom Comey. "I will call them nothing other than thugs, that's what they are."

Mayor Jerramiah Healy and Comey say the group is responsible for at least six attacks and want to change the state law and post the names and addresses of juvenile offenders.

"We see no reason to go along with this cloak of secrecy," said Healy.

Healy said like Megan's Law, the public needs to know where the "predators" are, regardless of their age.

Audio: http://www.1010wins.com/play_window.p ... e=Episode&audioId=1010249
Link: http://www.1010wins.com/pages/968355.php?

Posted on: 2007/9/20 12:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/21 20:29
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Jangie wrote:
Wow, thank the lord I have people like nikkiinnj and JSalt to patronize me and my 'cute' mindset. I don't know what I'd ever do otherwise.

Getting 1 wolfpack is a whole lot better than getting none, right? Or is my math wrong? Surely we're at least a little bit better off now? If I'm naive for that, so be it. Maybe I need to live here a bit more to pick up that Jersey City cynicism.

Quote:

nikkiinnj wrote:
Oh Jangie. That is just too cute.

There's not just 1 wolfpack running around causing all of this crime. And many of the descriptions involved more than 4 kids...

So basically this is for show

Quote:

Jangie wrote:
Huh, guess I walked right by that thing on my way back from lunch. Good to hear that stuff's getting done; I don't care whether it's with politician help or no, this kind of thing helps out. The press conferences I could do without, but whatever.

Yes Jangie. There are some very superior posters on this forum who patronize other posters for complaints and concerns about everyday life in JC with statements such as "deal with it." only to start their own thread a week later complaining about noisey motorcycles. It's only legitimate when it happens to them.

Posted on: 2007/9/19 20:50

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
It's not being cynical. They basically regurgitated news that was 2 weeks old to pass it off as a new development.

http://jclist.com/modules/newbb/viewt ... p?topic_id=10505&start=25

There isn't a finite number of wolfpacks. It's a term to describe any attack by a group. So even if they get this one group off the street, its a fact that there will be numerous others left to fill the void.

Posted on: 2007/9/19 20:08

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/10/10 16:29
Group:
Registered Users
Wow, thank the lord I have people like nikkiinnj and JSalt to patronize me and my 'cute' mindset. I don't know what I'd ever do otherwise.

Getting 1 wolfpack is a whole lot better than getting none, right? Or is my math wrong? Surely we're at least a little bit better off now? If I'm naive for that, so be it. Maybe I need to live here a bit more to pick up that Jersey City cynicism.

Quote:

nikkiinnj wrote:

There's not just 1 wolfpack running around causing all of this crime. And many of the descriptions involved more than 4 kids...

Quote:

Jangie wrote:
Huh, guess I walked right by that thing on my way back from lunch. Good to hear that stuff's getting done; I don't care whether it's with politician help or no, this kind of thing helps out. The press conferences I could do without, but whatever.

Posted on: 2007/9/19 19:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Cops: Wolf pack thugs taped their vicious attacks
by Michaelangelo Conte
Wednesday September 19, 2007, 2:11 PM

Jersey City officials said today that members of a vicious "wolf pack" that severely beat a 60-year-old man last month are suspected in other attacks and that the teens have video taped some of their assaults in an effort to gain notoriety among their friends.

At a City Hall press conference this morning, Jersey City Mayor Jerramiah Healy also said he plans to push legislation that would allow the release of the names of violent juvenile offenders.

"We believe that knowledge is important and believe people should know who the criminals are in their community," Healy said, adding that there have been 1,100 juveniles arrested in Jersey City so far this year.

Healy said the names of juveniles as young as 15 should be released to the media upon arrest for violent crimes including homicide, rape, kidnapping, robbery and aggravated assault.

"The citizens of this community want this to happen, to be protected," said Police Director Sam Jefferson.

At today's press conference, Police Chief Tom Comey announced charges in four "wilding" assaults have been filed against Jarrik Taylor, 18, of Harlem, and four juveniles ranging in age form 13 to 17, including a girl.

Police are working to connect them to another assault and they are asking a victim in a sixth assault to come forward to help the investigation.

The wolf pack members allegedly recorded at least some of their attacks with the intent of posting them on the Internet, police said.

Hudson County Prosecutor Edward DeFazio said his office will ask a state Superior Court Family Division judge to refer the charges against some of the wolf pack members to Criminal Court, where they will be prosecuted as adults.

Four of those arrested remain in custody while one was released into the custody of his parents.

Posted on: 2007/9/19 19:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Actually, the Jersey Journal is reporting that police successfully broke up this wolf pack crime ring by uncovering their secret underground wolf pack den! Unfortunately, their evil genius leader escaped.

Posted on: 2007/9/19 17:32

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Quote:

Jangie wrote:

Posted on: 2007/9/19 17:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
The naivete of the average Jersey City gentrifying voter is beyond belief.

Posted on: 2007/9/19 16:46

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/10/10 16:29
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2007/9/19 16:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Next they'll tell us they caught "The Downtown Jersey City Mugger" or "The Grove Pointe Plaza Litterer"

Posted on: 2007/9/19 16:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/12/15 2:25
Group:
Registered Users
Healy: There is no Wolf Pack

Healy: Wolf pack collared

Good work JCPD, Healy deserves no credit.

Posted on: 2007/9/19 16:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/9/29 17:41
Group:
Registered Users
so basically they have 4 patsy's in white t shirts.
Maybe I'm too cynical.

Posted on: 2007/9/19 16:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

by The Jersey Journal
Wednesday September 19, 2007, 9:19 AM

Jersey City officials plan to tout the break-up of a Jersey City "wolf pack" that has been committing crimes for thrills.

Mayor Jerramiah Healy will hold a press conference today at City Hall to announce the arrests of four juveniles. Healy is also expected to push for new legislation aimed at thwarting these wolf packs

more coming soon....

Posted on: 2007/9/19 15:48

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017