Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
111 user(s) are online (94 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 111

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Bergen Lafayette: 7 arrested, cops hurt in melee at Booker T. houses -- Angry mob of 200/300 ten
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/26 19:42
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Once again Grove Path puts the wrong neighborhood, Booker T is in downtown!

Posted on: 2007/9/19 17:44

Re: Bergen Lafayette: 7 arrested, cops hurt in melee at Booker T. houses -- Angry mob of 200/300 ten
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/6/11 12:35
From Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Br6dR wrote:
Thank you for warning us about this dangerous thug. I'd say extensive criminal record is a safe bet. What kind of an animal puts a comma before a conjunction?

That sort of thing cannot be tolerated. Standards must be maintained. Just last week, a guy looking at the condo next door ended a sentence with a preposition, and rey rey shot him dead.

Posted on: 2007/9/19 13:55
"Contemplate this upon the Tree of Woe."

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/1 9:09
From Southern JC
Group:
Registered Users
Thank you for warning us about this dangerous thug. I'd say extensive criminal record is a safe bet. What kind of an animal puts a comma before a conjunction?

profile.myspace.com

so i was at macy's with my mom last week shopping and the guy at the counter told me to go to this website when I got home because they are giving out a limited number of free $500 gift cards! it works, i just got mine in the mail today!!! check it out its such a sweet deal, but he said there arent that many left! let's all go shopping next week with our free $500 macy's cards haha!!

Posted on: 2007/9/19 13:45

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

devbeep wrote:

It's a slanderous assumption to say the Mixson brothers have "extensive criminal records" without proof.

Slanderous? Yes. Also imminently reasonable.

Quote:

Jaquan Mixson, 19, and his brother, Daquan, 17,

Would anyone like to lay money on whether or not the third brother is named Raquan? Bonus points if he is dead or in jail.

Lovely way to instantly reduce your child's life chances from the moment you squeeze them out. Personally, I 'm planning on naming my first kid "lollygag Shitstacker."

Posted on: 2007/9/19 12:18

Edited by Justiceiro on 2007/9/19 12:38:07

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/1/5 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcwestie1 wrote:
Booker T. is gang infested and the good people there are afraid to come forward and speak out against there criminal oppressors.

I don't beleive the police acted unjustly and if you still beleive the Mixson's account of what happened, why dont we ask them to publicize their extensive criminal records and let them explain it.

Why dont we just look at one of many myspace pages that show residents of Booker T hanging out there being good little Crips gang members.

click links below to see the TRUTH

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm? ... rofile&friendid=127372143

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm? ... profile&friendid=52820006

It's a slanderous assumption to say the Mixson brothers have "extensive criminal records" without proof.

As for the myspace pages, they're flashing Bloods signs, dummy. Except for Smacks and Boii. Good dudes.

At least we don't have to worry about these guys turning into professional gang web designers. sheesh.

Posted on: 2007/9/19 9:35

Re: Bergen Lafayette: 7 arrested, cops hurt in melee at Booker T. houses -- Angry mob of 200/300 tenants
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/6 13:53
Group:
Registered Users
I think we should all send them MySpace Friend requests till they really learn to hate us. This is the best argument for a military draft. These kids need to be seperated from each others influence and sent somewhere to get some discipline. I know the old arguments, they will learn to be better, more organized criminals blah, blah, blah. I would rather they be under the influence of the military then sent to prison which is a real "crime school". I know so many people whose lives were turned around by their military experience. No, it isn't a popular subject in this area but a draft will always help influence the decisions made by politicians. And, truthfully, there is no better incentive for staying in school and getting your ass into College!

Posted on: 2007/9/19 5:35

Re: Bergen Lafayette: 7 arrested, cops hurt in melee at Booker T. houses -- Angry mob of 200/300 tenants

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/3/25 14:00
Group:
Registered Users
Booker T. is gang infested and the good people there are afraid to come forward and speak out against there criminal oppressors.

I don't beleive the police acted unjustly and if you still beleive the Mixson's account of what happened, why dont we ask them to publicize their extensive criminal records and let them explain it.

Why dont we just look at one of many myspace pages that show residents of Booker T hanging out there being good little Crips gang members.

click links below to see the TRUTH

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm? ... rofile&friendid=127372143

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm? ... profile&friendid=52820006

Posted on: 2007/9/19 4:41

Edited by jcwestie1 on 2007/9/19 4:58:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/8/5 3:20
From Jersey City Heights
Group:
Registered Users
he he.

and

"We want cops to ride by and see if we need help," Jones said.......

so that we can hide the dope and guns, and not arrest us for partaking in criminal behavior!"

Posted on: 2007/9/18 20:24

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

"We want cops to ride by and see if we need help," Jones said.

So that we can then swarm them and beat the crap out of them.

NIIICE!

Posted on: 2007/9/18 19:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/8/5 3:20
From Jersey City Heights
Group:
Registered Users
"not us occifer, we're good law abiding drug dealers and thugs! leave us alone!"

Posted on: 2007/9/18 14:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/10/15 11:49
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2007/9/18 13:42

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/8/4 14:09
From Journal Square, duh!
Group:
Registered Users
This is the first protest that I heard of where cops overestimate the number of protesters. Why didn't they mention that the 200 bad guys had 3 hands and each hand carried two guns? ( Mandatory smilie :) )

Posted on: 2007/9/18 13:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
2 Booker T. teens accuse cops adults dispute the police version

Tuesday, September 18, 2007
By KEENAN STEINER
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

Residents at the Booker T. Washington public housing complex are seething over a clash with Jersey City police on Thursday - and two residents say they were worked over by the cops for no reason.

Jaquan Mixson, 19, and his brother, Daquan, 17, two of seven people arrested in the skirmish with police Thursday, filed a formal complaint Friday with the Jersey City Police Department's Internal Affairs unit. The brothers claim police used excessive force, harassed them and falsely arrested them.

The younger Mixson suffered a blunt chest injury, and Jaquan needed three stitches under his left eye and had bruises on his head - a result of overzealous police, the brothers say.

Both were charged with aggravated assault and Jaquan Mixson was also charged with resisting arrest. Daquan also faces a charge of obstructing a government function. Jaquan spent Thursday night in jail and his brother was sent to the department's juvenile unit.

Interviewed Sunday, Daquan Mixson said that just after he returned to the complex Thursday, three policemen grabbed him off his bike.

He said he was choked, his face was slammed to the ground and he was handcuffed. Seven cops stomped on his back and smacked him with nightsticks, he claimed. Cops took him into an unmarked car, put a bulletproof vest over head, and punched him in the chest and stomach, he said, adding that he was bleeding from his elbow.

His older brother said he obeyed police when they told him to leave the complex's courtyard. But then, he claims, cops tackled him, banged his head on the concrete and struck him with a walkie-talkie many times.

Police reports said Daquan Mixson resisted arrest and then assaulted officers. Jaquan Mixson tried to interfere in the scuffle and then "violently resisted" officers before cops subdued him, reports said.

Police Chief Tom Comey declined to comment on the complaint, adding that "all allegations of police misconduct will be thoroughly investigated."

The complaint, obtained by The Jersey Journal, also claims that the Mixson brothers were targeted by police.

Both Mixsons were arrested at about 5:30 p.m. Thursday while police were at the complex searching for Travis Brooker, known as "Fat Cat." Brooker is wanted on charges that he assaulted three police officers earlier Thursday and on weapons charges.

Police said a crowd of 200 to 300 people interfered, and that some in the crowd assaulted officers.

Not true, residents said. Some residents claimed the police targeted teenagers at random on Thursday, saying that between 20 and 30 teenagers were in the complex's courtyard, not 200.

"We can't even get 200 people out here if we were giving out free hot dogs," said Ethel Jones, president of the Booker T. Washington Tenant Association.

"It was like martial law here a couple of days ago," complex resident Dakar Williams said, referring to Thursday's incident.

In a meeting between residents and police Friday, Comey said more cops would patrol the complex, and Jones said she is glad, adding that currently the complex has two community cops who don't work enough hours.

"We want cops to ride by and see if we need help," Jones said.

Posted on: 2007/9/18 12:28

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
i guess I left out some smilies, but I imagined that the "focus on donuts" should set the tone
without joking
1. it is not a good thing to have your gun stolen, but it is way worse when this happens while you are a cop in a mission
2. it is not good to have a crowd giving instructions to cops, there is justice and administration for negotiations and disputations... but it is worse to have cops "injured, not beat up"

Posted on: 2007/9/17 20:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/26 19:42
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcwestie1 wrote:
Since when has any crminal been well mannered?

why are you defending a person who is a known criminal, just attacked his black girl friend, and fought with police who came to her aid?

Then to top it all off the parents and family of these criminals (who by the way dont work and are at home at 5pm because they are probably supported by these crimanals) confronts police violently.

What do you expect the police to do?

The Booker T. Washington Housing complex has good hard working people that live there who are victim to these criminals and the families that protect them.

How can it be an unjust assault if they were searching for Booker and the criminals in the court yard interfered with thier search?..

And if you read the police report, the cops were not beat up. They were injured and the actors responsible were injured and arrested as well. Only booker "The Coward" sucker punched cops from behind like a sneak theif and ran to hide.

So no matter what type of anti-cop propaganda you think your spreading ...it is NOT working. Intelligent people unlike you know the TRUTH!

After all only a criminal or a criminal sympathizer would defend a man who beat his girlfreind, attacked police, and attempted to take a policemans gun and kill him with it.

A lot of what you posted is not in the story. It never said the girl was black you said that. It never said he sucker punched a cop from behind you said that too. Also whats wrong with people being home at 5:30pm incase you didnt know the average work day is 9am-5pm and many people work at night. Most of the time when something like this happens when police are attacked by a large crowd the police arent going to tell what really got the crowd upset. I say this because i have seen police play victim when they were far from it. Think about it a cop almost got his gun taken from him and was assaulted in the complex you really think they didnt take it personal. Me personally I dont like people that hit women I think thats cowardly but I also know there are two sides to every story and we only heard the cops side of it.

Posted on: 2007/9/17 19:45

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/3/25 14:00
Group:
Registered Users
Since when has any crminal been well mannered?

why are you defending a person who is a known criminal, just attacked his black girl friend, and fought with police who came to her aid?

Then to top it all off the parents and family of these criminals (who by the way dont work and are at home at 5pm because they are probably supported by these crimanals) confronts police violently.

What do you expect the police to do?

The Booker T. Washington Housing complex has good hard working people that live there who are victim to these criminals and the families that protect them.

How can it be an unjust assault if they were searching for Booker and the criminals in the court yard interfered with thier search?..

And if you read the police report, the cops were not beat up. They were injured and the actors responsible were injured and arrested as well. Only booker "The Coward" sucker punched cops from behind like a sneak theif and ran to hide.

So no matter what type of anti-cop propaganda you think your spreading ...it is NOT working. Intelligent people unlike you know the TRUTH!

After all only a criminal or a criminal sympathizer would defend a man who beat his girlfreind, attacked police, and attempted to take a policemans gun and kill him with it.

Posted on: 2007/9/17 17:42

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

At one point, Booker grabbed a gun from the holster of the one of the police officers, according to reports.

There was our hero, focused on some donuts he had left to eat in the car.

Quote:

At 1 p.m., police found Harris at the housing complex with Travis Booker, 18, Martinez said.
At about 5:30 p.m., police returned to the housing complex because they heard Booker, known as "Fat Cat," was in an apartment, according to reports.

Too bad they did not return a century later.
Or maybe initially the cops didn't take offense, they just assume it was a well-humored joke. Only lately, for some weird reasons (including class war, sexism, religious hatred, and last but not least racism), they figured they can hurt the good people of the projects with an unjust assault based on imaginary crimes. :)

Quote:

As some cops searched for "Fat Cat," other officers were met with an angry mob of 200 to 300 people, reports said.

All well mannered people, disturbed in their lectures from the sirens.

Quote:

It couldn't be determined yesterday from reports how many people were arrested in this incident.

My guess: zero. They arrested as many as they arrested in 1967.

Quote:

About 30 residents of the housing complex attended a meeting yesterday morning with Police Chief Tom Comey and East District Commander Brian McDonough, who said they would add police patrols at the complex, officials said.

Actually cops did not show up because they were afraid they will be beaten again.
... By the well-mannered citizens who are treated unjustly by the cops.

Posted on: 2007/9/16 17:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/11/10 19:14
Group:
Registered Users
Who is surprised at this? Between this one and Montgomery Gardens the Jersey City government and the Jersey City cops are completely without a doubt, 100% desensitized to these issues. 100's of incidents a year in these projects, many not even reported.....No..No... let's just let it happen again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again.........................Get your collective heads out of your ass*s Jersey City Government. WE DEMAND CHANGES!! GET SERIOUS AND GET TOUGH!!!

Posted on: 2007/9/15 19:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/7 20:21
Group:
Registered Users
TEAR DOWN THOSE PROJECTS IMMEDIATLY!!!

Posted on: 2007/9/15 16:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
This place should be awash with cops all the time - go straight to the source of a lot of crime in JC - The cops should have a manned booth there 24/7 with CCTV cameras.
The hard working 'honest' law-abiding residents there, need a break for crime and anti-social behavior.

Posted on: 2007/9/15 14:43
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Bergen Lafayette: 7 arrested, cops hurt in melee at Booker T. houses -- Angry mob of 200/300 tenants
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Bergen Lafayette: 7 arrested, cops hurt in melee at Booker T. houses

Saturday, September 15, 2007
By KEENAN STEINER
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

Apropos of the words "Bullet Town" scrawled on a stone wall in the courtyard of the Booker T. Washington Housing Complex in Jersey City, a wild series of events at the complex on Thursday resulted in at least seven arrests, four police officers injured and an uprising against the Jersey City police.

The string of incidents began in Jersey City Heights, after Ryan Harris was accused by his girlfriend of hitting her and taking her money, police spokesman Lt. Edgar Martinez said.

At 1 p.m., police found Harris at the housing complex with Travis Booker, 18, Martinez said.

Both men put up a fight when police officers attempted to arrest Harris, Martinez said.

At one point, Booker grabbed a gun from the holster of the one of the police officers, according to reports.

Harris was eventually subdued and charged with domestic violence, assault and possession of a weapon, Martinez said. But Booker escaped into the housing complex, apparently without the police weapon, according to reports,

The fight left one officer with knee and elbow injuries, another with injuries to the body and a third with head lacerations, reports said. They were all treated and released from Jersey City Medical Center, according to police.

At about 5:30 p.m., police returned to the housing complex because they heard Booker, known as "Fat Cat," was in an apartment, according to reports.

As some cops searched for "Fat Cat," other officers were met with an angry mob of 200 to 300 people, reports said.

The mob shoved, pushed, kicked and punched police, and shouted "Get the (expletive) out of here," reports said. One detective suffered a hyper-extended elbow, and officers recovered a handgun from the melee, Martinez said.

It couldn't be determined yesterday from reports how many people were arrested in this incident.

Neither Martinez nor Jersey City Housing Authority Executive Director Maria Maio had an explanation for why the mob formed.

Earlier, officers arrested 20-year-old Jaquan Mixson and a 17-year-old. They were both charged for obstructing the police search for Booker.

Booker is wanted for aggravated assault of an officer, failure to disperse and disorderly conduct, Martinez said.

About 30 residents of the housing complex attended a meeting yesterday morning with Police Chief Tom Comey and East District Commander Brian McDonough, who said they would add police patrols at the complex, officials said.

Posted on: 2007/9/15 14:02

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017